OWA Change Password #2

Hi,

I have Exchange 2003 SP1 in a Windows 2003 AD domain. OWA works great with
SSL. I have enabled the Change Password button in the Options page. I have
created the Iisadmpwd virtual directory, ... basically followed these
articles:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;297121
http://www.petri.co.il/enable_password_changing_through_owa_in_exchange_2003.htm

I see the button, click on it, the popup window appears (but first I have to
log in again - cause I have only Basic Authentication turned on on that
virtual directory). After I fill it out, trying to change the password, it
tells me the following:

Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have
not been met.

I'm very very sure that this is not the case - you should see the password
I'm trying to change it to.

So what could be wrong, what am I missing?

After I make changes to the Virtual Directory, I always restart the IIS. I
have seen newsgroup articles that say you need to restart all Exchange
Services. I have not done that yet - it's the middle of the day.
I have also called MS Support for the HotFix described in kb833734. I don't
know if they would even help, because the symptoms are not the same.

Please help???

Thanks,

Bart

0
bart7307 (2)

Reporting #2
I receive email for two domains into my Exchange Server. I'd like to know how much email is received total and for each of these domains individually. Are there any built in tools for this type of reporting? Thanks, Andy Hi No built in tools to do this in Exchange, you would need to use a product lik MOM or a 3 rd pary product like: Mail Access Monitor http://www.internetaccessmonitor.com/eng/products/mam/ Admin Report Kit for Exchange Server http://www.vyapin.com/products/enterprisenetworktools/arkxchange.htm Exchange Monitor http://www.fortissoftware.com/ Regards -- Ben Ho...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Changing chart types with series
Hi, I currently have a graph comprised of 4 different series. 2 of the series are bar graphs, 2 others are line graphs. The problem is that one of the bar graphs is overtop of the other bar graph meaning I can't see that series. I've tried going in and changing it by changing the overlapped bar graph to a line graph but I can't seem to do it. I've right clicked, selected chart types but I can't change only 1 series of the graph. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks, -- miteeka Sounds like one column is on the primary and the other is on the secondary axis. You need ...

Uninstall #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi - My understanding is that you can the mid level Office installed on only one machine at a time. So, excuse me for being stupid, but how does the disk know? When I uninstalled by dragging the app folders to the trash and emptying securely, the disk was not in the machine. What am I missing and if I uninstall and give the disk to my daughter for her machine, who knows where ithas beeninstalled and how many times. Thanks - Neil On 4/15/08 2:01 PM, in article ee988f4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "neiljsalkind@office...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Enforce Password Policy and Expiration. When?
Hello, When should I use "Enforce Password Policy" and "Enforce Password Expiration" on a SQL Login? I know that there is another option "User must change password at next login" but this one I always leave unchecked. Thank You, Miguel ...

printing only active range (changing)
hi all when im printing a sheet the print area is automaticly set to all cells containing formulas ,even if the formula resualt is nothing. how can i set the print area to change automaticly and print only cells where the formula resualt in NOT nothing ? (i get the data to the sheet from a database, and the size of the report is changing every time. next to the data im getting from the data base i have the additional formulas ) thanks Oz. -- oz_saar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oz_saar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

re: slow OWA

Column heading changing
I have a delegate who has a spreadsheet that when he has emailed it to a collegue the A, B C, etc on the columns has changed to 1,2,3 etc. This only happens on 1 computer the others are fine. Has anyone seen this problem before and knows how to change it back??? Thank in advance JudithJubilee Hi Go to Tools / Options / General and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Andy. "JudithJubilee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17e2e01c42226$6c66baf0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > I have a delegate who has a spreadsheet that when he has > emailed...

Terminal Service Client Changing passwords
Administrators can change their password when Terminal Serviced into a Windows 2003 Server from the command line, but is there a way for users to change their passwords while Terminal Services/Remote Desktopped into a Terminal Service box? Pete The users may press Ctrl+Alt+End which will simulate a Ctrl+Alt+Del which will bring up the MS Windows Security box which has an option to change password on it. "Pete" <pete_howarth@adp.com> wrote in message news:16fc601c420cd$d16554c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Administrators can change their password when Terminal > Serviced ...

Changing Order and Quote names
I know you all have answered this before but I can't find it now. Is it possible to rename the entities Order and Quote to something different? If there is a way to do this change, is it supported? Is there an unsupported way to do this? Changing these names to match our company lingo would make implementing this much smoother. Thanks for your assistance. Jared Frank Affinigent, Inc. Jared While it may be possible you would have to alter the underlying code to do it meaning microsoft would not support you. Also the words would have to be changed in many different places. I would ...

FORMULA CHANGES
First the spreadsheet we are talking about here was created in Excel '97 and I am now using Excel 2003. In each row I have a formula in column P that sums cells in the I & J columns. Ex.(=SUM(I1:J1) I am having a problem when I am filling out a row and enter something into the cell in the I column then enter a figure into the K COLUMN it is changing the fomula in column P to =SUM(I1:K1). IN OTHERWORDS, IT IS NOW INCLUDING THE CELL IN COLUMN K. Now, what is even more interesting is when I don't enter anything in to I column but enter something into J column it doesn't c...

product key #2
i purchased publisher 2002. I then had a fire at my house. THe disc seemed to survive as it was in a protected area, the original computer that the progam was installed on was destroyed. In addition, the plastic case had some soot damage which obliterated the first two letters/numbers of the product code, the rest is in tact. is there any way to retrieve these first two letters so that I can install the program on my new computer? technical assistance from microsoft requires this product key so i can't even request assistance at this point. SInce there is nothing wrong with...

Outlook Archive file #2
I am unable to close my archive file . Error says a file is missing. What is the best way to proceed? try disconnecting it from your account through Data File Management. "Lee Roth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07d801c3d976$ca774bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am unable to close my archive file . Error says a file > is missing. What is the best way to proceed? ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000. Failed
Dear all I have a computer on the network that will not install windows update. Computer in three weeks that won't install this update on the following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 Pentium 4 Microsoft Office 2003 I have tried the following below: Uninstall the .NET 2.0 Update KB976569. Reboot. Apply KB974417 successfully, Reboot. The KB975569 update and failed again. Please can you assist or advise? P...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Is it possible to change the order of the folders in the Folder Li
As per subject , is it possible to change the order of the folders in the Folder List (not the Favourite Folder Pane)? No, not possible that I know of, sorry. g-star wrote: > As per subject , is it possible to change the order of the folders > in the Folder List (not the Favourite Folder Pane)? ...

Restricting access #2
Hi, We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 on windows 2003 Sp1 server. We wanted to give a client access to a public calendar. Is it possible to do this with out giving them an exchange account? If they need an exchange account, is it possible to restrict them to only viewing the calendar and not having them have access to the inbox, contacts etc..? I probably try to set them up with a pop 3 account. Or is there an easier way using OWA? Any thoughts? Thanks. Mitch POP3 does not support public folders. You can have clients access the PFs using OWA - http/https://server.domain.com/public - you woul...

Forgotten Password on Excel Workbook
Hi there Can anyone help me. I have forgotten the password on a worksheet. Is there any way to open the document? thanks mary Mary Which is it? Password on File to open? http://www.lostpassword.com/excel.htm http://cpearson.com/excel/password.htm Password on Worksheet? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Password on Workbook? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html See links to other sites when at John McGimpsey's site. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:23:31 -0700, "mary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi...

Internet Explorer import to Excel #2
Am looking for method that allows the importation of multiple pages of a websearch to Excel for data analyses rather than single pages. Hi not really possible. Depends heavily on the data you're trying to import. Probably requires a script to convert your imported HTML data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2666FEAC-2B9B-453D-80D0-B9B3FB084EA7@microsoft.com... > Am looking for method that allows the importation of multiple pages of a > websearch to Excel for data analyses rather than...

How to change to BOLD in CEdit
I would like to change the weight or color of text in a CEdit box. When I use the following code, the font seems to change to the system font which seems 'bold' but I can't restore the font (MS Sans Serif). The code below is substantially from samples and/or MFC Programming with Visual C++ 6 unleashed 1999 (this started as a VS 6.0 project). I'm a novice and source code and literature would be useful. I've tried to put CFONT font in the header file (as per one of the messages) and I get a crash. ----------------- C O D E ------------------------------ CFont* pFont =...

xml to excel #2
can anybody tell me how to transfer xml data to an excel template (worksheet) using asp.net ? Hi Ganesh, Regarding this issue of transferring the XML datato an excel template, I would request you to please go through teh following article to transfer the data from an access database to Microsoft Office Excel 2003. These include using the user-Interface, programmatically creating an XML file, transforming the data and reading it into Excel, and automating Excel and programmatically reading the data file : [Transfer XML Data to Microsoft Office Excel 2003 with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET] ht...

Currency Code changes?
Have you ever seen it where the currency code changes on its own? Its not a big deal I just changed it back to show a minus sign on credits. But I wonder why it changed to brackets ( ) for a credit currency amount? I went to tools->setup->system -> currency.. Did you change or review your Windows Regional Settings lately. GP takes settings from there for things like date format, etc... -- Lyle U KC wrote: > Have you ever seen it where the currency code changes on its own? > Its not a big deal I just changed it back to show a minus sign on > credits. But I wonder wh...