owa cant open ppt attachments

i have an exchange 2003 cluster

when a user tries to open or save a powerpoint attachment  it hangs at 97%

all other attachments open fine

any ideas

thanks

0
banno (4)

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Error when opening program
I have Outlook98 loaded on my WindowsXP computer. It has worked fine for a long time till it downloaded a spam email, then locked up the program. Now when I try to open the program, I get the following: Outlook.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I can not find where the "inbox" is, to delete all the emails in it. Do you have any suggestions, other than deleteing the program? Thank You. ...

Word opens window when opening Outlook
When I open Outlook 2002 for the desktop it will open Outlook but it will also open Word. The Word window is just a window you can't do anything in it. To get to outlook I have to close the Word window or Maximize the Outlook window. Any suggestions? ...

Open Publisher files from Win 98 into Win XP
I have just upgraded to a new Dell that has Windows XP. My old 'puter was Win 98. The only problem is that I cannot get the new Publisher that came with XP to open ANY of the files that I have that were created and saver in Windows 98. If this is an easy fix, I sure can't figure it out. Please help! Disable "script blocking" in Norton; try that first, if it doesn't work, in Norton, options, disable Office plug-ins. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Puckhead" <stooge_boy@hotmail.c...

opening protected excel for windows file using excel for mac
I am attempting to open a file with locked cells, created using excel for windows, on a mac machine using excel for mac, but am getting "unable to open encrypted file". Is there any solution? Are the two Excel products incompatible in that way? Budseal wrote: > I am attempting to open a file with locked cells, created using excel for > windows, on a mac machine using excel for mac, but am getting "unable to open > encrypted file". > Is there any solution? Are the two Excel products incompatible in that way? > Excel for Mac can not open encr...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Open files in Excel 2002
I have always opened files in excel 2002 by just clicking on the file. Something has happened and now I can ONLY open and excel file by first opening Excel and then opening the file. I cannot figure out what has happened. I have not updated (Still running SP1) or installed any ADD- INS. I am running XP Professional with Office XP Small Business SP1. Thanking you in advance for any help in this matter. Don Kassay Try this Don Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Exce...

Excel 2007 prompt to open file as read only
I would like an Excel 2007 file to prompt the user to open a file as read only. How do I do this? Thank you! If you want the user to see a prompt, open the file. Do a SaveAs Click Tools|General options|and check "read-only recommended" They can still answer "no" to this prompt, right? SEllis wrote: > > I would like an Excel 2007 file to prompt the user to open a file as read > only. How do I do this? Thank you! -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel trying to open files no longer existing..
I don't know what I did, but now when I open Excel it tries to open 2 or 3 files that no longer exist. How do I stop this? I believe it had something to do with Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types in that area of Explorer, but I can't figure out what to do to make it work fine again. Shawn Give us some more detail. You say Excel "tries to .....". Exactly what do you see that makes you think that is what is happening? If Excel is commanded to open a file that doesn't exist, you will get an error message. Do you get an error message? If y...

Garbled characters when opening emails sent as attachments
On exchange 2003 SP2. Got a weird problem. The user is unable to view emails that are sent as attachments. He can not view them using OWA nor can he view them using the outlook client. If he opens and email attachment it eithers opens up with no text in it or opens with no readable characters. I emailed the user 3 emails with attachments that were in emails, in html, rich text and plain text format. They were all received. This did not replicate the problem. A colleague in his department forwarded them on and he could open them. Both the forwarder and the client are on outlook 2003....

How do I fix this so I can view my attachments?
I can't view my attachment. I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me way to fix this so I can view my attachments? I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from outlook. Please advise I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it, the attachment is gone. You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e- mail security attachment file type. To prevent the inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks the file type of each attachment in a received message against the file types on the e-mail security attachment file type...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Cannot open .msg attachments
Hi team I have run into a weird problem i can open all kinds of attachments except ..msg and when i double click on the attachment i get an Error Message the messaging interface was not found please restart outlook but even after doing all those things it does not want to work i have registered ole32.dll using the regsvr32 command but still i am not sure why this is happening can you guide me on this one please thanks for all your help Santosh.R Are these msg-files you've created yourself or did you receive them? In case of the last; can you succesfully open you own? Also post your...

Why does OWA...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...