OWA Cannot read thai from yahoo

Hi All

         Now I have a big problem which is we are using Exchange 2003 and
OWA.  When we use OWA to open the mail from yahoo which has Thai characters,
we cannot read them.  When we open that message, we try to encode to thai,
but we cannot change it.  Please help.

Win
0
win (5)

Win <Win@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>         Now I have a big problem which is we are using Exchange 2003 and
>OWA.  When we use OWA to open the mail from yahoo which has Thai characters,
>we cannot read them.  When we open that message, we try to encode to thai,
>but we cannot change it.  Please help.

The Release Notes mention the need to install language packs for some
languages.

As an alternative, you can try setting the UseRegionalCharset to "0"
in the MSExchangeWEB/OWA registry key on the server.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Unable to add OWA account to outlook 2007
Hi! I've got a university OWA account that I want to use outlook 2007 with. I can't manage to get it working, it's come up with various messages, such as outlook has to be closed to add email accounts and that it cannot connect to the server. Here's the info I can find on my OWA account: Mailbox owner: [xxxx.xxxxxxxxx@students.plymouth.ac.uk] User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 Outlook Web Access experience: Basic User language: English (United Kingdom) User time zone: Exchange mailbox address:...

xl2007
You cannot to my knowledge directly querry the XValues or Values from a chart series. For example, this does NOT work: Sub test1() Dim i As Integer With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.SeriesCollection(1) For i = LBound(.XValues) To UBound(.XValues) Debug.Print .XValues(i) Next End With End Sub However, if you set a variant to the XValues or Values, it returns an variant array that you can querry. Prior to xl2007, the following code works: Sub test2() Dim arr As Variant Dim i As Integer With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.SeriesCollection(1) arr = .XValues For...

Web Client marking messages read
Need help with Blackberry web client marking messages read when it copies messages from Web mail. I just brought up about 15 blackberry 7230s using T-Mobile as a carrier. We are using Exchange 5.5 and have web mail setup. I am getting the mail messages to go to blackberry devices, but the messages are being marked as read in Exchange/Outlook. Basically, when the users are sitting at their desks their messages are being marked as read even though they haven't read the messages. I saw some kind of fix for Exchange 2000, does anyone know if there is anything I can do other than...

Read Receipts #4
How do I turn off read receipts? I would like to insure the sender does not know if I read the email sent to me. Thx in advance -d You could either swich it off globally in your exchange settings or use tools like aloaha to remove the delivery/read receitpt requests from incoming mails. FH "rgm" <rgmcleod@austin.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eXvM$OvfEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do I turn off read receipts? I would like to insure the sender does not > know if I read the email sent to me. > Thx in advance > > -d > > How do you switch i...

Outloo reads aloud emails
I have Outlook 2002 installed. I usually send an email by using the key combination Alt/S but occasionally, instead of the email being sent, a voice starts reading aloud the email I have written. Now I have tried all sorts of Alt key combinations to make it happen on purpose but it won't so my question is, what is happening, why, and can I use the speech recognition program in other MS products? Regrds, Lloyd sounds like you are enabling narrator. look in accessories on the start menu. If it's not that, then it could be speech - look in control panel for the lauguage applet. --...

ValidationType.Auto and reading schema attribute
Hi, I would like my default ValidationType to be Auto. Now let's say I have both a DTD and an XSD file for this XML file being validated. While it's ValidationType.Auto, it will validate the DTD, but will not even attempt to read/validate the namespace or even check if schema file exists. I suppose it's a resolver problem; anyone have any insight on how I can have it check the schema File while Auto (without setting ValidationType.Schema)? ..NET 1.1 Validation can not perform DTD and XSD validation at the same time. If you have ValidationType set to Auto, and have a DTD decl...

Reading contents CHttpFile file starting from the end of file.
I have a CHttpFile which contains records per day. The records in the file are ordered date descending. I need to have my records with date ascending. So, if I read the file starting with last record back up to first record I'll get my data sorted correctly. There is a huge amount of data, that's why I want to read the data in the correct order instead of reading it, placing in memory and then sorting. I'm using CHttpFile.ReadString to read the contents right now but it read from the top. Is there any way for me search through the contents of the file of a '\n' ...

OWA 2003 Password changes
pasword change is enabled on exchange 2003 server owa system the page front end / back end server arrangemen The page cannot be foun The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. is displayed when the change password botton is clicked the change password the key has been enabled on all the 2003 servers and then restarted I would appraicate any help Don't know about 2003, but 5.5 requires SSL for this function. This can be a really bad idea if you have people using their work computers for remote access. If they change thei...

Viewing other's peoples Calendars/Inbox with OWA
Hi all - I found this article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257889 However, we are using Windows 2003 AD with Exchange 2003 SP1 (single server). I found a SERIOUS error with this link in the KB article: http://virtual_server_name/exchange/username/calendar Anyone in our organization can use the above link to check ANYONE'S EMAIL, or CALENDAR, even if that calendar or email is set up to not share. How do I fix this? Thanks all! -Blake On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:36:34 -0400, "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: >Hi all - > >I found this articl...

OWA does not work after installing SP2 on Exchange 2003
I have installed SP2 on my Exchange 2003 and now when I go to check my email at home I cannot get onto my server. It keeps telling me to enter my domain\username. Was there soemthing I should have done after installing SP2? All I did was restart my machine. I am running Exchange on Windows 2003 server. Outlook Web Acces was working previous to installing SP2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Manny Is this happening internally too? Anything in the Event Viewer on the Exchange Server? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Manny Barrer...

Exchange 5.5 OWA Questions/Problems
Greetings, We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Windows 2000 SP4 server. And have several issues... 1) We run an offline backup on every other day and occasionally have problems with the OWA not being responsive after restarting the Exchange services. I have added the "stop and start WWW services" to the batch files that I use to stop and restart Exchange after the offline backup. However the problem remains. OWA will not be responsive and the WWW service will hang in the "stopping" state. It requires a reboot to get things going again. 2) Ever since we upgraded...

OWA, Can View Folder/Mail, but Cannot Send.. Why ?
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:aFtYb.86583$cE3.30504327 @news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net: > When using OWA, I can View my Emails on > the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can > use Find Name, and it will Search.. > > But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops > up and says: "Failed to Send Item&quo...

attachments not visible in OWA 2007 in signed messages
When opening a message contaning a digital signature via OWA 2007 we get the error: This message has a digital signature, but it was not validated. Attachments will not be displayed. The server has all the necessary certificates. What maybe wrong?? Regards, Peter Kerkhofs ...

can I use a CArchive with a CSocket to read regular text?
if so which type do I use in the CSocket OnReceive function: ar >> char* didn't work thanks CArchive can only interpret things that were written by CArchive. Even text. To receive plain text just pass the text buffer to Read. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] thanks! Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote: > CArchive can only interpret things that were written by CArchive. Even > text. To receive plain text just pass the text buffer to Read. > > -- > Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Canceling "Read Receipt"
I sent a read receipt on a message which arrived via a mail service which doesn't support send (POP3 only no SMTP service). Outlook 2003 is now continually trying to send the receipt (and continually failing). The message doesn't appear in Outbox or Sent Items - any ideas how I can get rid of it? Go to tools>options>email options>tracking options>check the radio button never send a response. Neville "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08db01c3b5a8$37d2f050$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I sent a read receipt on a message w...

Delivery and read receipt
have a little bit strange problem. Delivery receipt works normally, but read receipt does not. We have a local network with Exchange 2003 and WinXP ( with Office 2003 ) clients. We have a Citrix-terminal services environment. We use " Thales - trusted mail " to classify e-mails sent outside our local nettwork. It is installed on each term.server and starts when outlook starts. The strange thing is that I have a PC that I log on to the network but not through Citrix. I therefor do not have Thales installed on my Outlook. When I send e-mail " TO " my account through this P...

Reading email from another country
I have someone that emails me from Russia and I've had to copy and paste it in a translator. Is there some addon I can install that will convert the language to English for me? What version of Outlook? Do you have Office installed or just Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EA...

read access 2003 mdb file using java
Hi , How do i read access 2003 mdb file using java ? i have few tables inside the mdb file. do i read by column like reading csv file? is there a sample code? pls advise.thanks ...

Outlook 2003 on Vista
I have MS Office Pro 2003 on Vista RTM. Sometimes when I open a message Outlook 2003 does not mark it as being read (message subject line in Inbox stays bold and envelope icon stays closed). If I stop and start Outlook 2003 and then open the message again it will generally correct the problem. Has anyone else seen this? W3 Something I forgot to mention... This is on O2K client configured as POP3 single account client. W3 "W3" <w3wilkes@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:uQM3Ht0HHHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have MS Office Pro 2003 on Vista RTM. Somet...

OWA access rights, permissions on public folders
Hi Using OWA and Exchange Server 2003, we don't have Outlook on every computers. 1. How can I assign rights to a public folder that I've just created using OWA ?? Is it possible ? 2. I've created a new public calendar, but when I create a new event, I cant invite colleagues because the button is disabled. Any ideas ? 3. I'd like to share some of my private contacts. A solution which is working in Outlook is to copy the contact in a public contact folder, but how can I do using OWA ? Thxs a lot ...

Can't attach file in OWA
One of my users is unable to attach a file using Outlook Web Access. When he opens a new message and selects the "ATTACHMENTS" tab, he gets an error message saying the body of his message is too large. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be, and how to fix it? I tested his account remotely and was able to send attachments without difficulty, so the problem is local to his laptop. Joann ...

OWA Only, no network login
Hello, I have a windows 2000 network. 1 server (windows 2000, sp4), no SBS2000 (isa 2000; exchange 2000) on one server. The network has a few people who need to logon to the network but most of the people only use the e-mail facility. For those users I use Outlook Web Access. I want to deny access to the network for the "owa users" but allow access to owa, ofcourse. I tried to change the "logon to" option in AD but then I get error: -2146893052 (0x80090304) after the login page. Does anyone have a suggestion. Regards Doperwt ...

OWA Not working after using IIS Lockdown Tool
Hi there, I ran the IIS Lockdown Tool on our server and after using it Outlook Web Access stopped working! When I tried to login all I could see was a directory listing instead of my Inbox. I subsequently uninstalled the IIS Lockdown Tool which is supposed to rollback all the changes it made, but OWA still isn't working! Please can someone point me in the right direction as to what I should be changing... Thanks in advance, Jason Needapresent.com "Jason" <jasonhick70@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185378500.971250.34720@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > I ran ...

How do i change a doc to read only
Hi, I am trying to change the document to a read only file so that it can not be changed whenIi send it to a person. But it does not allow me to change the file to a read only file. Is there a nother way I can protect the file that it can not be changed by the recipient. Kind Regards Send it as a .pdf. But even that can be changed with the appropriate software. Nothing electronic is completely uneditable. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Gollywhog" <Gollywhog@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Exchange 2003 SP2 : OWA SSL problem
Hi, I'm trying to set up OWA. I've created along the default web site two other iis web sites. The first is the "internal" one with windows authentication, the second is the "external" one with forms authentication and visible from the web. In order to secure the logon, I want to setup SSL on the external site. The IIS server is set up to support SSL, but in the exchange system admin, the SSL port textbox is greyed. I was able to set up this port directly in IIS (443), but as soon I changed something in the exchange screens, the port configuration is cleared a...