OWA, Can View Folder/Mail, but Cannot Send.. Why ?

 When using OWA, I can View my Emails on
 the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can
 use Find Name, and it will Search..

 But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops
 up and says:  "Failed to Send Item"

 Thanks...
0
my_email (17)

my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:aFtYb.86583$cE3.30504327
@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

>  When using OWA, I can View my Emails on
>  the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can
>  use Find Name, and it will Search..
>
>  But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops
>  up and says:  "Failed to Send Item"

Has it ever worked correctly? Does it only error when you use a name
from the find function or does it fail if you type in an address with
the user@host format?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

It fails anytime I hit the SEND button..
Reply, Forward, New Message... it will not send..

In article <Xns9492968189030arlowa@207.46.248.16>, "Arlo Clizer [MVP]"
<aclizer@online.pullman.com> wrote:
>my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:aFtYb.86583$cE3.30504327
>@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:
>
>>  When using OWA, I can View my Emails on
>>  the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can
>>  use Find Name, and it will Search..
>>
>>  But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops
>>  up and says:  "Failed to Send Item"
>
>Has it ever worked correctly? Does it only error when you use a name
>from the find function or does it fail if you type in an address with
>the user@host format?
>
>Regards,

0
my_email (17)
2/17/2004 8:54:02 PM
my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:KbvYb.86816$cE3.31045233
@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

> It works fine from my Home PC, but seems
> to fail from my Clients Computers...
>
> It fails anytime I hit the SEND button..
> Reply, Forward, New Message... it will not send..

Do they have any popup blockers or personal firewalls? It sounds like a
client issue to me.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
Archives: http://groups.google.com
0
aclizer1 (399)
2/17/2004 9:10:13 PM
I dont think so, but will ask..

Thanks for the help

In article <Xns94929A50D9822arlowa@207.46.248.16>, "Arlo Clizer [MVP]"
<aclizer@online.pullman.com> wrote:
>my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:KbvYb.86816$cE3.31045233
>@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:
>
>> It works fine from my Home PC, but seems
>> to fail from my Clients Computers...
>>
>> It fails anytime I hit the SEND button..
>> Reply, Forward, New Message... it will not send..
>
>Do they have any popup blockers or personal firewalls? It sounds like a
>client issue to me.
>
>Regards,

0
my_email (17)

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Strange error in CRM view
We have three CRM 4.0 servers using the same database. On one of the servers on two occasions, the activity history view has started throwing exceptions. The current activities can be viewed without problem. I don't have the full detail of the exception to hand. However, it was of the "Server cannot process request" variety. If we issue an IISRESET, the problem goes away. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Hi Richard; You might have run into some database locking/blocking issues. Activities in CRM are problematic, especially when you have a large number of Outlook ...

SEND doesn't Send
1) When I finish composing an email message and click the SEND button, the message only goes into the Outbox. It doesn't get Sent. If I click Send/Receive it then will get sent from the Outbox. 2) Also, although I have automatic send/receive scheduled to occur every 5 minutes, (I'm checking it under Options right now) messages never get sent from the Outbox and messages never get received from my ISP mail server unless I click Send/Revceive. Microsoft would appreciate any help in making their s/w more reliable, and so would I. Thanks in advance, Mike Make sure Outlook is...

forwarding mail to distribution group to a public folder
i want to make mails from a specific mail adress (out of domain) and comes to a distribution folder to be copied to a public folder i can do this by using the email adress of the public folder (without any outlook rules) but i want to this with the e-mail adress of the dist group ...

Can't find new emails
I just set up my new outlook. I created my two email accounts. The new mail sound goes off, but i can not find any new email. I've checked the inbox, obviously, but it can not be found. Please help What view do you have set on your Inbox? Do you have any rules set up to move incoming messages to other folders? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:FF29C1E7-209C-478E-A2B6-03FA76165C8A@microsoft.com, JW wrote: > I just set up my new outlook....

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

How can I update a field in another table when using forms?
I have a form that user inputs a protocol number into. This form is called "Protocol_Index". When the user first inputs this protocol number, right after they have to to another form, which they easily do by pressing a button that takes them there. However when I have all the data in the tables for both "Couple_Index" and "Protocol_Index" this seems to work fine. What happens is when they are searching for a record based on a protocol number in the "Protocol_Index" form they simply press a button to take them to the "Couple_Index" fo...

Setting up Windows Mail 02-20-10
So i have a Vista and have i've been trying for hours to set up Outlook-Windows Mail and i keep getting this msg. Please tell me what i'm doing wrong, i'm not very computer smart when it comes to this kind of stuff. PLEASE HELP! The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Test', Account: 'POP3 (1)', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Which are you trying to set up. Windows Mail, or Outlook? Either ...

OneNote can not sync this notebook
An error occured while communicating with th eweb server where the notebook is stored (Error code: 0xE000076C) I can create the notebook on my Win7 machine ON2007 and it will be created in the sharepoint site, and vis versa on the SP site back to ON with no data. I am lost as to why i can initiate this but canno update the book in either direction. We are using ON with SP2 and WSS ver 12... Cheers Scott E -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > An error occured while communicating with th eweb server where the notebook > is stored (Error code: 0xE000076C) >...

how to import outlook express mail
I copied the outlook express folder to another computer and i want to import all my mail from the outlook express folder dbx files into my Outlook. How can i go about doing this. First you'll need to import all of your Outlook Express data into Outlook Express on the new computer. If you need help with that step, go to http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com for complete instructions on backup and restoration of OE data. Once you have the OE files established on the new machine, use File | Export in OE or File | Import and Export in Outlook to get the data into Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Blocked access to attachments in mail and freezing up
Where I work, we use Outlook Express for email. Since we downloaded a patch on 5/6/04, we receive this message for almost all attachments we receive: "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments to your email" followed by a list of the attachments. We are able to open the attachments by hitting the "Forward" button, but this is clunky and takes away some options (such as printing the attachment directly without opening it). Our updated VirusScan program finds no problem with any of these attachments. Also one of our accounts frequently gets stuck wh...

How can I Freeze a graph?
I need to make a series fo graphs from the same data. I sort the data, make a graph, and sort the data again, and make a new graph. Well each time I do the sort, the first graph updates. I want to get the graph perfect, and "save" the graph so it will not change (freeze). Then I can go on and sort and make a new one. I think what I want is a "paste special" values only for a graph. I can place these in a separate workbook and not update every time I open, but this is not a very satisfactory solution. mark Hi Mark, A couple of option: 1) Click on a data series in the ch...

re: slow OWA

Outlook 2003, "Insert ink annotations" is not available when writting new e-mail
I have a tablet Pc and office 2003. All the sudden, cant not insert ink annotations in new e-mails. The corresponding icon is gray and l can not click it. However, this works in Power Point and Outlook. Any ideas? Thanks! make sure plain text isn't selected. "ANGEL REBOLLO" <rebolloa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:05b501c3b87c$4b1c0990$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a tablet Pc and office 2003. All the sudden, cant > not insert ink annotations in new e-mails. The > corresponding icon is gray and l can not click it. > However, this works in Power Point...

Can send but can't receive email
For some unknown reason I stopped receiving emails via windows mail about two weeks ago. I can still send them and I'm not getting any error messages at all. I'm using virgin media with a ntlworld.com email account Has anybody get any idea what I need to do to fix this? Thanks Are you able to see those missing messages via webmail? (http://www.virginmedia.com/webmail/ ) Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Ma...

Can I get Excel to automatically BOLD dates 30d before expiration?
I am new to Excel (obviously), and I have created a simple worksheet that contains numerous dates. I wish to have the dates become bold when they are to expire within 30 days. Is there a formula for that purpose? Thanks... Select the range of cells to be formatted Use the command Format | Conditional Formatting In the dialog, specify: Formula Is : =AND(A1>TODAY(),A1-TODAY()<30) and click the Format button the dialog to make bold and/or colour the cells) NOTE: in this formula change A1 to the first (the one that is uppermost to the left) cell in your range best wishes and Happy Ne...

windows live mail
When I try to open my windows live mail, the icon shows in the taskbar, but when I click on it, it won't open. It looks like it "flies away" to the right of the screen. When I click again it "flies" back in to the icon on the task bar. It has worked well before but now I don't know what to do. I can right click on the icon and I get the message "compose an email" which I can do and send out. but I can only see the message screen but no inbox, sent items etc. What went wrong. Should I uninstall and install again? Right click on the minimiz...

Can an Excel file be converted into Visio?
Does anyone know if this is even possible? Is there a converter pack or a website that would illustrate this process? Thanks, Jim ...

Portfolio view #5
Money Plus Deluxe. In portfolio view I have 3 columns: TR yr, TR 3ry, TR YTD. Those columns indicate correctly with my old accounts. I've added several accounts recently and all 3 columns read the same percentage (IE - 4.8%, 4.8 %, 4.8%). The investment price history goes back to 2006. Does anyone have any idea why the columns might not be updating?? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Bla wrote: >Money Plus Deluxe. >In portfolio view I have 3 columns: TR yr, TR 3ry, TR YTD. >Those columns indicate correctly with my old accounts. >I've added several accounts recent...

how do I move e-mails from Outlook 2000 to Outlook express?
I was wondering if it were possible to move messages from Outlook 2000 to Outlook Express (or vice versa). My parents use Outlook express, but accidently have several e-mails in Outlook 2000. Before I remove the account they have in Outlook 2000, I want to make certain that they have their e-mail in Outlook Express. My parents aren't very computer literate so they prefer Outlook express because of it is simple. BTW, for some reason I can't forward messages in Outlook 2000.. There is no forward button, and I can't seem to find a way to forward it (tried to find it in toolb...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

How can I post values in excel chart without displaying the colum.
I have 3 variables, I would like to display 2 of them as column in a column chart, and would like the third variable's values to appear on top of the other columns, without presenting the third variable as a column. Hi, You could plot it as a line or column and then remove border and fill formatting. http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA5E3A18-C34E-4FD3-B06B-A179D3AEA99C@microsoft.com... >I have 3 variables, I would ...

How can I access files in 'Personal Folders'?
Question for knowledgeable outlook folks: If I accidentally drag an email into the 'Personal Folders' node on the file tree--not into a subfolder but into Personal Folders it self-- how do I get the email? As far as I can tell it's just gone. Thanks very much for the help. Use Advanced Find on the root of the Personal Folders where you dragged the item - search for all Outlook Items. When found, drag it to the proper folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will ...