I have an Exchange 2003 server that was running beautifully until we
found we had a problem managing public folders from Exchange System
Manager, requiring a new SSL certificate to be generated. We were able
to fix the System Manager problem, but then we found that OWA was
broken. We get the dreaded "Page cannot be displayed" error when
trying to go in on port 443, and attempts to go in through 80 results
in a 404.3 error (must be viewed over SSL).

Generally speaking, the Exchange server seems to be in good health - -
it's only the Web-based parts of the system that seem hosed. Other web
apps still run fine on the server, such as the management interface
for Symantec Antivirus services.

I've had various opinions from colleagues, ranging from applying
patches to generating a new certificate to reinstalling Exchange. At
this point, we've messed around with OWA settings so much that I have
no idea what the original directory security settings were. If there
were a document that listed the defaults, that might be helpful, but
I've not found one yet.

Any input from the pros out there?

Regards,
TL

Exchange 2003 FE - OWA HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
I am unable to get into Outlook Web Access in Exchange Server 2003. All the Exchange 2003 services start fine. This is our setup: We have 1Exchange 2003 Server installed as Front End. We have another Exchange Server Back End in a Cluster with all the mailboxes/Public Folders. All are running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1. Exchanger Servers have SP2. OWA works fine on the backend servers no problem. Mailbox and public folder stores are mounted OK. We get the login prompt ok, but then get the HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. We. downloaded and performed every step in the MS KB Article...

OWA security
Do I have to purchase a certificate to enable the SSL listed in my security protocol? No you can just create a VPN connection as this uses 128 bit encryption. "Sam" <hulett2354@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:069401c35256$3ef032e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Do I have to purchase a certificate to enable the SSL > listed in my security protocol? ...

OWA redirect from http:// to https://
I have an SBS 2003 server with FBA enabled and https required on the /exchange virtual folder. It works just fine. It also redirects to https if I type http://server/exchange. That's right, on this server, it automatically redirects. The problem is...I can't figure out *why* and I can't duplicate it on other servers (for other customers). It dos not use the 403.4 custom error, or some .asp file in the root or in the /exchange virtual dir. I'd say it works "automagically", but I don't think it's that either. :) Is there a way other than the commonly docu...

OWA security issue
I installed the 832759 but I think the vulnerabilty described is still there. Here's what happens, when you logon to OWA, you can change the url in your browser http://mydomain.com/exchange to http://mydomain.com/exchange/username and then you are switched to the other user's email store without having asked for a password. This does not seem right/good to me. Is there a fix for this? What's strange to me is that this sounds like the problem described in KB#832759 yet the patch did not resolve this for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Christos You are...

OWA attachment handling
Here is the situation: OWA 2000 and 2003 Our helpdesk system sends an automated .html form out to users who request wireless access. The form is attached to an email sent to the user. The form works from yahoo, msn, Outlook client etc. but not from OWA. When the user fills out the form and clicks the submit button it just sits there. Any ideas why this works everywhere except when accessed via OWA? As a follow-up, It appears that what is happening is that the java script called in the form is being stripped out by OWA or Exchange. I did a side by side comparison between the source code f...

Rollup and OWA Attachments
ADVERTISEMENT We recently installed the Post RTM Rollup on 30 of our 60 mailbox servers and have noticed that certain attachments are being partially stripped when opened in OWA (whether through a frontend or directly to the backend). This includes any html or text doc. For instance, if I send a text file with only the following line and I open it in OWA, the file is empty: "<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">" The line is completely stripped. Any html file with any reference to javascript has those parts stripped as well. (i.e. if I save yahoo.com as a single ...

Odd OWA problem
Have one user having this problem from one person that sends her email. They say they have checked with others the email gets sent to, not my users, and they can read it fine. My user pretty much uses OWA execlusivly and all her other email appears fine. I login on my PC and I see the same thing so I know its not her browser. Basically here is what the email looks like. Anyone have any ideas? To: users@example.com Subject: schedules Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:20:45 +0000 Message-Id: <102420060120.21603.453D6A6D000A5FE90000546322070215739C9B079A9CD20E01090903@comcast.net> X-Maile...

OWA
When I use Outlook Web Access, i can logon, see the mailbox, but the page gets loaded with errors, such as the following. Line:1100 Char:2 Error: 'null' is null or not an object Code:0 URL: http://mail.lsadesigninc.com/exchweb/CONTROLS/ctrl_Tree20. htc I used a laptop and dialed in last night and got to my mailbox without error, this only occurs from my home system. Anyone have any ideas...? Thanx ...

Best way to save add-in versions
I have created a couple of add-in modules. I would like a quick and easy way to save versions before I make major changes. With my main documents (Word, Excel, etc.), I make a copy of the file with a timestamp in the file name. If the document was [test.xlsx], I make a copy named [test.20100103 1905.xlsx]. I am usually working from Windows Explorer, so this is easy to do. Or is can use Save As. With add-in modules, I do not have Explorer open to the add-in folder [C:\...\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns] and the VBA editor does not seem to have a Save As function. Is there a...

OWA Free and Busy
I have a Exchange Server 2003, with Web access running. Everythime a try to create a meeting request and click on availabilty I receive the error message of " You don't have permission to perform this action" How can I fix this? Thanks ...

Best way to get order history with detail line status
Thanks to Victoria [MVP] for some good reading material on getting sales history in general. I need to extract the latest status for a given detail line for web orders from great plains. I think I can join from the SOP header (SOP10100 or SOP30200) to itself using the master number to get all related orders and then join to the detail lines, getting status, etc by picking the matching detail row with the latest dexterity time stamp. This is one of the selects I came up with unfortunately I am not seeing any backordered items on here. Can anyone tell me how to fix this or a better way to ge...

add/remove column in OWA Contact
Could anyone please tell me how can I add/remove column from Phone List (Contact) at OWA? I'm running Exchange 2003... Thanks. SC On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:23:18 +0800, "Squirrel" <xsquirrelx@hotmail.com> wrote: >Could anyone please tell me how can I add/remove column from Phone List >(Contact) at OWA? I'm running Exchange 2003... > > > >Thanks. > > > >SC > Have had a good root throught the OWAADMIN pack (you can download for free) and can't find anything to help you here. Haven't seen anyone with anything 3rd party to...

OWA puts additional character into each message
this is weird but I can't figure it out. When I log into OWA and create a new message it shows simply my signature and so I type my email and send it and it puts a "?" on the first line of each message. I thought it was my signature but since it doesn't show up in the new email until you send it, I ruled out my signature. Then after a bit more research it seems to be adding the "?" to every email that goes out via OWA, not though outlook, for every user, not just me. I viewed the source on the new email and the only "?" in the html are ones that appear...

OWA form login to Exchange 2000
Hi all! Does anyone know how to use a webpage form login to Exchange 2000 OWA rather than the popup login box that appears? I've looked around for a solution but came up empty. I'm sure there has to be a way, right? "Keith Walsh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all! >Does anyone know how to use a webpage form login to Exchange 2000 OWA rather than the popup login box that appears? I've looked around for a solution but came up empty. I'm sure there has to be a way, right? I haven't seen a commercial or freeware one around. I supp...

Setting Up OWA in Exchange 2003
Where can I find info on how to properly setup OWA on Exchange 2003. So far I haven't found any articles on technet that will expalin this. Is there an article number that details this setup for a single domain one exchange server on a windows 2003 server. On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:17:01 -0700, Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where can I find info on how to properly setup OWA on Exchange 2003. So >far I haven't found any articles on technet that will expalin this. Is there >an article number that details this setup for a single domain one exchange ...

OWA available to outside world
Hi, I have a local network with a 169.168 private IP addresses, and I would like to make the OWA available to my users outside of the network. My network consists of a Sonicwall TZ170 with access to the outside world. Thank You Create a public DNS record Point this to an IP on your firewall NAT this to your OWA site If you secure OWA with an ssl cert then just have port 443 open If you're just using HTTP then port 80 Oliver On Feb 20, 6:54 am, "Oliver Moazzezi" <o.moazzez...@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote: > Create a public DNS record > Point this to an IP on your ...

unable to get Inbox in OWA #2
Recently I installed a new exchange 2k in an existing site of exchnage 5.5 in the same domain. When I moved few mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to 2k server, they worked fine with ms-outlook but those users could not access their mailbox from OWA (exchange 5.5 interface). Both of the exchange servers are working fine for inbound and outbound emails and other users having their mailbox in ex5.5 can still access their mailbox through OWA 5.5. I know that OWA 5.5 should be able to access ex2k mailboxes. I will highly appriciate your help. Thanks Jessica Please see the following arti...

OWA
I am unable to log on to OWA from out side of my network, do I have to open any port for that? I thiught OWA is enabled by default on E2K3. I am able to log on when I do servername\exchange while I am in the network. I have a singel E2K3 server. Please let me know what I need to do. -- L You would need to open port 80 to your OWA server or preferably port 443 (SSL). Nue "Lino767" <Lino767@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ADFB922-1587-4F82-9642-5485E4603F9F@microsoft.com... >I am unable to log on to OWA from out side of my network, do I have to open &...

Macro for last action
Hello from Steved If I type 4247 in cell A10 Is it possible please to have a macro that will copy and when I goto Cell A17 it will paste. Thankyou. Steved, In a regular module, put this: Public Savit Sub MyPaste() ActiveCell = Savit End Sub In the sheet module, put this: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Savit = Target ' get last thing entered into cell End Sub YOu may want to set up a button, or a keyboard shortcut to run MyPaste. Tools - Macro - Macros - Select MyPaste - Options - Shortcut key. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------...

OWA #3
Hi , we have the following setup and would like advice as to what others are doing. Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix-->(Internal Network->Exchange Srv) We would like to publish our Outlook Web Access the most secure way possible. We do not want to put a Windows 2k box in the DMZ or outside or Network to use as a front end server. Could we do the following: Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix with port 443 mapped to FrontEndSrv->(Internal Network->FrontEndSrv Exchange with tight security providing OWA for Internal Exchange server)...and of course ssl cert on the Exch box....

OWA keep refreshing/reloading non stop!
It's quite difficult for me to describe the problem so I put the steps on how I replicate this problem. 1. Connect to internet via dial-up connection. 2. Go to my company's OWA website. 3. Prompt me with username and password. 4. Key in username and password, manage to get into OWA successfully. 5. Press Logoff button to logoff from the session and close Internet Explorer. 6. Disconnect my dial-up connection. 7. 5 minutes later, I re-connect my dial-up connection. 8. Go to my company OWA website again. 9. Website keep refreshing and reload non stop without any username/password window...

OWA Send Problem
Hello, Hopefully I am posting this question to the right newsgroup. We have an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 Server SP1. Our OWA users have been complaining lately about a problem sending email. Often times when they compose a message and click the Send button, nothing happens. They are then forced to retype the message or retrieve it from Drafts folder and usually it will go through after a couple of trys. I have tried having users turn off the automatic spell check option because a couple times when this happened, it froze on the spell check screen. I have tried re-ap...

Best Practice for Vistualizing SBS 2003 R2 with ISA installed
Hi all, I am flirting with the idea to put to test the following virtualization: Server 2008 R2 + Hyper-V as host and ( HW = Xeon Quad; 8 GBs RAM; RAID 5; 2 NICs) SBS 2003 R3 as guest VM I need some ideas, gotchas and tips on how to make it workable Thanks, Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CA7A48.A8A72240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First and most importantly, its not supported by Microsoft to virtualize = SBS 2003 (any flavor) USB will not w...

User cannot change Calendar in OWA
Good Day, Does anyone know if there is a difference between the permissions for modifying ones Calendar via the Outlook Client vs using OWA? I currently have given someone Owner rights to my calendar in Outlook (2003). This user can make all the necessary changes to update my calendar from Outlook itself, however when they are working remotely and are using OWA and viewing my calendar they cannot make changes. The "Save and Close" window is greyed-out as well. Does anyone know why this person wouldn't be able to change my schedule remotely using OWA? I logged into OWA...

OWA Error message... "exchange server is down or .....
Hello all, I am having some Issues with OWA conserning a certian error that is covered in a knowledge base article but this article didnt help me. it is article # 180417 I will start from the begining. I am running Exchange 5.5 with OWA 5.5 on an NT 4.0 SP6 network, yet the OWA server is WIN2k sp4, IIS5 and seprate from the Exchange server. Our file server was having some unfortunate issues with its tape drive and backup software. We then installed the software and tape drive on our OWA server, after having to repair its operating system. After the repair and tape drive/software inst...