I have an Exchange 2003 server that was running beautifully until we
found we had a problem managing public folders from Exchange System
Manager, requiring a new SSL certificate to be generated. We were able
to fix the System Manager problem, but then we found that OWA was
broken. We get the dreaded "Page cannot be displayed" error when
trying to go in on port 443, and attempts to go in through 80 results
in a 404.3 error (must be viewed over SSL).

Generally speaking, the Exchange server seems to be in good health - -
it's only the Web-based parts of the system that seem hosed. Other web
apps still run fine on the server, such as the management interface
for Symantec Antivirus services.

I've had various opinions from colleagues, ranging from applying
patches to generating a new certificate to reinstalling Exchange. At
this point, we've messed around with OWA settings so much that I have
no idea what the original directory security settings were. If there
were a document that listed the defaults, that might be helpful, but
I've not found one yet.

Any input from the pros out there?

Regards,
TL

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

General Question on Structure
I'm converting a very large VB6 MDI application to C# that creates one "informational display" child form and then a varying number of other child forms all of the same type. The application will make socket connections to a couple of different servers, do serial port communication, some radio communication, play audio, and a number of other things. In the VB app, most of this work was done in the "information display" form. I keep running into cross threading issues when trying to reference items created in other threads (I thought I knew what a thread was, b...

Why does OWA...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

OWA and Calendars
I have set up mailboxes for our meeting rooms and have them set to automatically book the room from a meeting request. This works with outlook. From OWA I was getting an error that I did not have rights to send to that account, so I enabled the anonymous and gave it author rights, now the email request goes to the mailbox, but it does not autobook the room. What can I do??? .. ...

cant log in to OWA at night
I am getting the "440 login timeout" error when my user login overnight. I cannot find where there might be something limiting time to login. Is it in IIS 6 I am running Win2003 server, EXch 2003 I have only one exchange server that also runs OWA. During the daytime hours no one has any problems logging in to OWA. I have recently moved all mailboxs to the Ex2003 server from a Exch5.5 server. Currently the Exch5.5 server receives all the mail and forwards it to the Exch. 2003 server. not sure if this could be the problem. getting ready to bring down the 5.5 server and change the MX ...

Exchange '03 OWA re-install
Anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this? I've only briefly looked at it and looks like I need to completely re-install exchange. TIA, Ben Correct. OWA is now completely integrated into Exchange and is no longer a component that can be installed separately. What's the reason for needing to reinstall OWA? I only ask because depending on the problem, it may be necessary to reinstall IIS as well. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "ben" <ben@bcew.com> wrote in message news:%23ktZN$tsEHA.1336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone know of a quick and easy way to...

OWA Inside NO, OWA Ouside Yes
Hi I have Exchange Server 2003. I have Outlook and OWA for everybody. The clients can read their email inside and outside through OWA. Now I would like to change this for a few users. I need to use OWA inside of company but not through Internet for a few people. How can I do this? I have a Front-end , back-end infrastructure. Do I need ISA server? If I switch the OWA check box off in AD, these people cannot use OWA inside. Thanky you very much indeed. sAnTos On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:15:07 -0800, sAnTos <sAnTos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I have Exchange Server 2003. &...

owa-screen disappears while replying in OWA
Hi, ex.5.5/sp4 on nt4.0/sp6a. When people try to reply while they are on oWA (I E 6 etc.), the screen disappears. They have to copy the message and then create a new email and then type the address and paste the original message. Any thoughts/help? -- Thanks am7777 On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:31:02 -0800, am7777 <am7777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >ex.5.5/sp4 on nt4.0/sp6a. >When people try to reply while they are on oWA (I E 6 etc.), the screen >disappears. They have to copy the message and then create a new email and >then type the address and paste t...

OWA CREATING RULES ERROR
I have some smaller clients in hosted exchange situations. What is the status of the issue creating rules in owa? Is there ANY workaround? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;887976 Thank you, -- Daniel Moore Principal Continuum Consulting www.continuumconsulting.info ...

OWA
Has anyone been having issues wiht OWA since the installation of IE 6 and or Windows 2000 SP 4. Our test unit has develpoed a loop when trying to access the OWA site we're running. It appears to be trying to constantly trying to reload the page. ...

OWA #75
Hi I hav exchg 2003 and xp pro clients. I have users ion the building where the exchange is standing who directly connect and others outside who connects via POP3. My question: Is it difficult to set up my exchange server to allow the users from outside to connect via the net directly to the exchange via OWA. I'm trying to find some articles with no success. Any help would be great. (Note: I can from within the network type in \\ipoftheexchange\nameofamailbox in the internet explorer and i can access it) thanks everyone craig hi connfigure owa with ssl http://www.petri.co.il/con...

Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open
The following message displays: Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open First try closing and reopening the file. Next try restarting Visio. This message displays when I try to open a file created on someone else's computer that has the same version of Visio. The suggested action makes no difference. I have since tried it on a couple of other people's laptops and they encounter the same error message. Yet I can open it OK on the laptop where the file was created. Anyone have any insights for me please? Did you find a resolution for the internal error #2131: Act...

OWA
Is OWA a separate program that needs to be purchased from Microsoft, or does it come with exchange. In other words, what do I need to have in order to utilize and set up Outlook Web Access? OWA is a function of Exchange. Whether or not it's set up with Exchange is at the discretion of the company and Exchange Admin. If it is set up, how it's accessed is a question for your Exchange Admin. You likely have to be added to a list of allowable users, it may require a SecuRemote keyfob, or other security methods. . -- Kathleen Orland "TerryTutor" <TerryT...