OWA Attachments problems

(BACKGROUND info - 2003 Front End(DMZ) - 1 2003 Backend - 2 2000 Backend -
McAfee Groupshield 6.0 on each server)

We're experiencing problems attaching attachments to our front-end
mailserver via OWA. Small files < 1MB generally have no problems. If we
connect directly to the server which the mailbox resides we have no
problems.. This problem is internal and external. Problem occurs whether or
not your mailbox is on the 2003 backend or 2000 backends.

Thank you,
Anthony Graber

This sounds like the public folder posting limit. Are you trying to post to
a PubliC Folder:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304307

Or is this limit a problem for all email?

Nue
"Anthony Graber" <AnthonyGraber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> (BACKGROUND info - 2003 Front End(DMZ) - 1 2003 Backend - 2 2000 Backend -
> McAfee Groupshield 6.0 on each server)
>
> We're experiencing problems attaching attachments to our front-end
> mailserver via OWA. Small files < 1MB generally have no problems. If we
> connect directly to the server which the mailbox resides we have no
> problems.. This problem is internal and external. Problem occurs whether
> or
> not your mailbox is on the 2003 backend or 2000 backends.
>
> Thank you,
> Anthony Graber

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/22/2006 1:01:28 AM
Nuevo,

This problem occurs when trying to attach files via owa to emails. We don't
allow owa to access public folders.

Thanks,

Anthony

"Nuevo" wrote:

> This sounds like the public folder posting limit. Are you trying to post to
> a PubliC Folder:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304307
>
> Or is this limit a problem for all email?
>

> Nue
> "Anthony Graber" <AnthonyGraber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > (BACKGROUND info - 2003 Front End(DMZ) - 1 2003 Backend - 2 2000 Backend -
> > McAfee Groupshield 6.0 on each server)
> >
> > We're experiencing problems attaching attachments to our front-end
> > mailserver via OWA. Small files < 1MB generally have no problems. If we
> > connect directly to the server which the mailbox resides we have no
> > problems.. This problem is internal and external. Problem occurs whether
> > or
> > not your mailbox is on the 2003 backend or 2000 backends.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Anthony Graber

Nuevo,

The problem occurs when attempting to attach files via OWA to an email
message. It occurs whether you are connected to the front-end owa from either
internal to network or external.

Thanks,

Anthony

"Nuevo" wrote:

> This sounds like the public folder posting limit. Are you trying to post to
> a PubliC Folder:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304307
>
> Or is this limit a problem for all email?
>

> Nue
> "Anthony Graber" <AnthonyGraber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > (BACKGROUND info - 2003 Front End(DMZ) - 1 2003 Backend - 2 2000 Backend -
> > McAfee Groupshield 6.0 on each server)
> >
> > We're experiencing problems attaching attachments to our front-end
> > mailserver via OWA. Small files < 1MB generally have no problems. If we
> > connect directly to the server which the mailbox resides we have no
> > problems.. This problem is internal and external. Problem occurs whether
> > or
> > not your mailbox is on the 2003 backend or 2000 backends.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Anthony Graber

still having problems.. any ideas? thanks

anyone>?

OWA accout/mailbox mapping
Hi, I have a problem regarding account mapping during authentification with our OWA FrontEnd with a Windows 2000 domain (EXCHANGE 2003 SP2) It seems to be related to the SMTP address format we use (firstname.lastname.cs@domain) If I add another smtp address like firstname.lastname.ext@domain, I can access to http://frontendserver ou http://frontendserver/exchange If I change the smtp address firstname.lastname.cs@domain to firstname.lastname@domain, it works also BUT, If I remove the firstname.lastname.ext@domain smtp address, and use only fistname.lastname.cs@domain it doesn't ...

Macro Problems
Hello everyone. I am using Excel 2000, and I am having a macro problem. On sheet 1 I have a dropdown that I use data validation with and a macro. This list sorts alphabetically, and I can type new names in when I need to. It works fine, but I need to have two to three more dropdowns on the same sheet. I tried to modify the macro, but it will not work properly. I created a new list "VendorList" and modified the macro.(I think that is where I messed up) here is a copy of the modified macro: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error Resume Next Dim ws As Workshee...

Macro problem #3
This macro has always worked like a charm. Obviously a few days ago I did something, which I have no idea what, and this macro is looking at another file before it will run. Let me explain. When I open the file, I get the usual wording about whether I want to enable or disable macros. I click "enable", of course. Then in the file I have a date button that I click on and it inserts the last business day date, locks the date so it doesn't continually update each time the saved file is opened. Then the cursor moves to the first cell where I begin entering data. Thi...

unsafe attachments in Windows XP-Outlook Express
I previously recvd some emails with attachments I was unable to open, but I had always deleted them rather than processing the update suggested. I could previously open all other attachments, except the few with this error message. About Dec.10 I decided to follow the instructions to download (I'm not sure what), it was going to allow me to open one of these attachments. I did so, and since then have been receiving a message on ALL emails with any attachment of "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: "title of email attachment".eml"...

Problem *sending* .pdf files from Outlook 2002
I've scanned through the posts here and can't seem to find a problem that exactly resembles mine. I'm trying to send .pdf files, from Outlook 2002 SP3, to computers that are reading them in Outlook Express. When they're sent from another computer using Outlook 2003 they arrive fine. When they're sent from this computer running Outlook 2002 they arrive with the paper clip icon, but when you open the message by double-clicking on it there is no attachment there. How do I need to change Outlook 2002 so that the pdf files can be sent from this machine? Thanks! M...

redirecting OWA to a different IIS server
I'm current running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. On this server we run IIS which also hosts our Intranet Server. I have to move our Intranet on to another IIS Server. Our intranet is the default website for all users. ie www.xxx.com.au. At the end if this web link they enter /exchange and it brings up their OWA. Is it possible to redirect the /exchange from my new IIS server easily back to my original IIS server easily? I recommend that you create a link that redirects to your OWA server. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!&q...

Missing Pictures and Attachments
My emails are missing pictures or attachments from one sender. If I open the same email in outlook - everything is there and if I forward that e-mail from outlook back to myself and open the new one in Live Mail - the attachments and pictures are there. The sender is a contact and on the safe sender list. I have the "show images and external content sent from e-mail addresses in my Safe Senders List" option checkmarked and Virus Protection is set to Internet Zone and Junk email protection is set to Low. What security settings do I need to change to get pictures and ...

Outlook attachments #7
I attached an image to an email and now every time I send other attachments, that original image attaches itself too. Does anyone know how to prevent this? Thanks, grimbo What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. Also, what message format are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer grimbo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I attached an image to an email and now every time I send | other attachm...

attaching VCARD to signatures or messages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I want to attach my VCARD to either my signature or every message as an attachment. How do i do this? ...

After I install scanmail 7 from trend owa stops working
Does anybody know how to solve this or what to start checking? and another thing, after uninstalling scanmail, owa still did not work, where do I restore the exchange webserver services. tKS and sorry if this is not the right list. IISlockdown and urlscan tools come to mind. Also see http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=global&query=owa+troubleshoot&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=20&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=4&ast=7&mode=a&adv=1 carlos_quiroga wrote: > Does anybody know how ...

attachments #34
Outlook will not let me open any attachments. I get this message, "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail. How can I get around this? And how can I stop OE from doing this? Thanks! <sking334@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:062f01c3aef0$32db9020$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook will not let me open any attachments. I get this > message, "OE removed access to the following unsafe > attachments in your mail. How can I get around this? And > how can I stop OE from doing this? > Thanks! Tools - Options - Security........do you ...

ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE problem
Hi, I have a problem with ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE in a CScrollView class. My menu looks like this: M1 - M2 - M3 | D1----Sub1 | |-Sub2 D2 |-Sub3 |-Sub4 So D1 has the "Pop-up" property. It looks like the update event for Sub1-Sub4 is not fired. When I have ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE in CMainFrame it works fine. Also ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE for D1-D2 in CScrolView works fine. I have seen this problem with mfc6 and mfc8. Any ideas? Richard Richard submitted this idea : > Hi, > > I have a problem with O...

OT: Spam problem
I don't know where else to turn. I have a website and use a general address that lets me get any mail sent to the domain. I do not send mail from the site. It is a POP-3 server. The problem is that one or more spammers is using my address for their spam and I am receiving hundreds, sometimes thousands of bounced emails a day. This is often in excess of 3MB of garbage and I am on a dialup connection. My real email gets lost even though I have rules in Outlook that move most of these messages into junk folders. Is there any way that I can let common spam filters know that this is a ...

OWA Problem #7
I am trying to log onto OWA over our LAN. I have checked the password for my account in server management and have changed it several times, but it still tells me that my password is incorrect. Is there another place for a password that I am not aware of? All others can connect just fine. TIA Scott Scott, there may be many things broken related to authentication. On the surface you're correct, there is only one place but depending on the infrastructure, there are cases where it may not be the case. Please talk to your administrators and attempt to troubleshoot this with thei...

A2007
Is this a bug or is my db corrupted? I have queries for the record source of many reports that were originally created in A 2003. When I open up the query (not a stored query, but just the sql code) and make changes, and run it, it runs fine. I save it and save the report. Then when I open the report, it reverts back to the previous sql statement and my changes disappear! I have ended up having to create stored queries and use them as the record source, which works, but it is frustrating to not be able to have a sql string as a record source on the report. Can anyone else duplicat...

Security Level 1 attachments
Hi, I have just re-installed Outlook 2000 and installed the latest service pack, only to find that I cannot now open any Access database .mdb attachments as they are included on the Level 1 security filetype list. I am not using Exchange Server, so can anyone tell me how to modify the Level 1 list, so that I can open my attachments? If this is not possible, can I uninstall the security patch somehow? How rediculous is this?! Grrr.... Many thanks for any help anyone can give, Jim F. Ok, think I have found it. For anyone else reading this, with a similar problem, have a look at ht...

unintended attachments
Sometimes recipients of my emails tell me that my messages came with attachments that they cannot open.....when in fact i sent no attachments. Can anybody tell me how to fix this? Please try to be more specific with your questions - the crystal ball is having a well-deserved vacation. Outlook version is always appreciated as well as the exact error message or the name of the attachment. Are the attachments winmail.dat? If yes, you need to change your message type from Outlook Rich Text to Plain Text (preferable) or HTML (less preferable but still works.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - O...

Highly annoying namespace problem
I've the following code, taken from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml02172003.asp to select a node from RSS file. However, I'm always getting a null returning for the SelectSingleNode(), when trying to load a RSS 1.0 document, (which has a default namespace) why? if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("RDF") && feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI.Equals("http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-s yntax-ns#")) { NamespaceUri = "http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"; } else if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals(&qu...

Problems with Window in Dialog
Hi all, I have a problem. I have an ActiveX Control created with Delphi. From this activeX control a window could be created. If it's called without a parent everything is ok. If it's a child window of a dialog there are problems: while there is no input from user there are no problems, but if user makes an input (at comboBox or edit on activeX window) and changes the application (e.g. IE) than the application hangs and the cpu uses 50%. With Spy++ no more message is shown after changing application and even spy++ hangs with 30% cpu. Before leaving the application spy++ has recorded: ...

Problem Publishing to Server
I'm using FP2000 and am having problems publishing changes made on my computer When choosing the "Publish" command, I enter in the website address and then get the dialog box "Name and Password required". I enter the user name and password for my hosted site and this is not accepted. Error message reads "This operation requires author permission for www.(website name).80" Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? I have an urgent upload which needs to be made. Thanks in advance for your help!!! I would recommend checking with your web ho...

Cannot open outlook items recieved as an attachment
I received several attachments that are in 'outlook item' format and I cannot open them? What can I do? > I received several attachments that are in 'outlook item' format and I > cannot open them? What can I do? MSG files? Upgrade Google Desktop to the most recent release, uninstall it, or tell it to stop looking at msg files. -- -f.h It worked! thanks "F.H. Muffman" wrote: > > I received several attachments that are in 'outlook item' format and I > > cannot open them? What can I do? > > MSG files? Upgrade Google Deskt...

attachments selectively received
Outlook 2003. Problem is that some recipients receive attachments and some do not. I've changed the format for outgoing email to HTML - same thing. I convervted from OE to Outlook a long time ago and had a big problem understanding Contacts and Personal Address Books. For one recipient who couldn't receive attachments, i deletetd his entry from Contacts and then went to re-enter it - I got an error message that said the entry was still there and asked whether I wanted to add another one or update the existing one... after I had deleted the existing one. Any thoughts as to ...

Major problem with attachments.
1.) I work on this text file at home. 2.) Wanting to work on it elsewhere, I email it to myself. 3.) Given the nature of the email program that received it, I had to copy and paste it in to Notepad to work on it. I finished what I wanted to, saved it, and then sent it back to myself. 4.) At home, I open it up. I do this on Microsoft Outlook XP. I read the message in the preview pane, and double-click the file's icon right above it. 5.) I edit the file a lot more. 6.) I save the file, simply by pressing CTRL + S. 7.) I close Notepad. 8.) I go to upload it to a website to get an opini...

Money 2004 install problem
Windows XP, MS Money 2004. Windows XP would not start, used the cd to setup/repair windows xp. All programs (Office, Norton etc) had to be reinstalled and did so with out problems. However, Money 2004 starts to install then an error message appears that says the computer is not configured properly, log in as owner and start setup again. Unfortunately "Owner" died apparently with the reinstallation of XP. Control Panel/add and remove for Money results in the same error. So, bottom line is I can't uninstall the program that was on the computer prior to the repair/installati...

Connection problems
I receive this msg when trying to update my accts. "money was unable to establish a secure connection to the server due to a problem witht he security components on your machine." It goes on to say about not having the latest version of strong encryption. I haven't ever received this before. Everything is up-to-date on the computer, i'm running windows XP with IE6 & MM 2004. Any help would be great cause can't be having the hubby upset about the checking account!! :O} -- Tami Try: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323898 -Mark "...