OWA attachments #6

Hi-

We have Exchange 2k3 SP2. When opening an attachment in OWA, a pop up window
appears asking for authentication again. This issue doesn't happen if the
attachment is a .pdf (it just opens), it only seems to happen w/ Word or
Excel docs. Any ideas? Thanks!

0
Glen1 (157)

Hi,
pls see this kb
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839948/en-us

--
Jammyù�ٴ�

"Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D:0DFF4A5E-5455-4ED9-8531-29C3C8E7FBFD@microsoft.com...
> Hi-
>
> We have Exchange 2k3 SP2. When opening an attachment in OWA, a pop up
> window
> appears asking for authentication again. This issue doesn't happen if the
> attachment is a .pdf (it just opens), it only seems to happen w/ Word or
> Excel docs. Any ideas? Thanks!

0
jammylo (214)

.pst file #6
I cannot access my .pst files in Outlook2000 and have received the same error messages as previously posted in this newsgroup (i.e. "the file is not a personal folders file" and "...permissions need to be set prior to use.") After reading the replies and making the suggestions (making sure I have full permissions and not just 'read only,' etc.), I am still not able to access. One other descrprtion about the problem....when I view the file in Windows Explorer, the correct icon appears next to the file. However, when I try to bring the file into Outlook, the...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Printing Attachments #4
Hey guys I can't figure out why I'm not printing Attachments in Microsoft Outlook. Under Printing and Memo Style I have "Print attached files" checked off. But for some reason I'm not able to make attachments print show up in my printed emails. Anyone know what's wrong with me? Thanks, Russ ...

Garbled characters when opening emails sent as attachments
On exchange 2003 SP2. Got a weird problem. The user is unable to view emails that are sent as attachments. He can not view them using OWA nor can he view them using the outlook client. If he opens and email attachment it eithers opens up with no text in it or opens with no readable characters. I emailed the user 3 emails with attachments that were in emails, in html, rich text and plain text format. They were all received. This did not replicate the problem. A colleague in his department forwarded them on and he could open them. Both the forwarder and the client are on outlook 2003....

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

Cannot open .msg attachments
Hi team I have run into a weird problem i can open all kinds of attachments except ..msg and when i double click on the attachment i get an Error Message the messaging interface was not found please restart outlook but even after doing all those things it does not want to work i have registered ole32.dll using the regsvr32 command but still i am not sure why this is happening can you guide me on this one please thanks for all your help Santosh.R Are these msg-files you've created yourself or did you receive them? In case of the last; can you succesfully open you own? Also post your...

How do I fix this so I can view my attachments?
I can't view my attachment. I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me way to fix this so I can view my attachments? I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from outlook. Please advise I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it, the attachment is gone. You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e- mail security attachment file type. To prevent the inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks the file type of each attachment in a received message against the file types on the e-mail security attachment file type...

OE deletes all attachments as unsafe
Since I switched to OE 6.0 all messages I that have attachments have a mesage that says "OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your mail, etc" This is happening for ALL messages that have an attachment. Can you provide me with advice, or settings that will allow attachments? Regards Crippled in Iowa Next time,post in an Outlook Express group - this group is for the support of Outlook from Microsoft Office. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. Having said that, Tools->Options->Security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all ...

OE removed access to the folowing unsafe attachments in you email
Oulook express is deniying my access to safe attachemet in my email how do i remove this to open attachement, i get the message below on all my attachment and the attachment is from a reliable source OE removed access to the folowing unsafe attachments in you email Thanking you in advance geo 3. Tools | Options | Security This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wind...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

cannot send attachments in outlook 2002
i am unable to send attachments, they get hung up and tell me server timed out. i can send attachments from my home ISP though...everything is practically the same. does anyone have any ideas? p anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i am unable to send attachments, they get hung up and > tell me server timed out. i can send attachments from my > home ISP though...everything is practically the same. > does anyone have any ideas? Have you increased the server timeout value? -- Brian Tillman ...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

Removing properties from attached photos
When I attach photos to an e-mail message I click on the properties button of each photo and at the bottom of the properties box there is a selection to "remove properties from photo". When I click on that another box comes up and asks me if I want to remove all properties or select which ones I want to remove. I click on "remove all properties" and it makes a copy of the photo that is supposed to have all properties removed but when I attach the copy it still has all the properties showing. How do I get it to actually remove the properties? Are you rem...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Exchange '03 OWA re-install
Anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this? I've only briefly looked at it and looks like I need to completely re-install exchange. TIA, Ben Correct. OWA is now completely integrated into Exchange and is no longer a component that can be installed separately. What's the reason for needing to reinstall OWA? I only ask because depending on the problem, it may be necessary to reinstall IIS as well. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "ben" <ben@bcew.com> wrote in message news:%23ktZN$tsEHA.1336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone know of a quick and easy way to...

Unsafe JPEG attachment?
When I try to send jpeg attchments I get a OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments. How can I make them safe? go to tools-options-security and remove the tag that prevents potentially unsafe attachments opening <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:091001c3c0bc$143f1910$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to send jpeg attchments I get a OE removed > access to the following unsafe attachments. How can I make > them safe? ...