OWA at 2 locations

Queston regarding OWA with 1 domain - multiple servers - 2 locations.
All domain accounts currently sync on all DC servers.

Building one is in Maryland with a Win2K3 file server and a Win2K3 &
Exchange 2K3 server. All employees in that building's mailboxes are on that
Exchange machine.
All can log into OWA using https://mail.domainname.com/exchange

Building #2 is in Massachusetts on a different subnet with a DC/file server.
Installed a Win2K3 & Exchange server there and moved mailboxes for users in
that building from the MD server to the Exchange server in Mass. Move went
fine, all users' in Mass office mailboxes are workign fine from the Mass
Exchange server.

However, the Mass users go to https://mail.domainname.com/exchange and
cannot log in. Only the adminsitrator can.  Nothing but the location of their
mailbox changed.

Do I need to set up another DNS entry like
https://mail1.domainname.com/exchange to point to the IP of the Mass Exchange
server? I would think they would authenticate through the Maryland one & then
connect to their mailbox on the Mass server, but no go.

Any help is much appreciated.
0
joek (18)

Are you trying to access mailbox over the internet ?
"Joe K" <JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Queston regarding OWA with 1 domain - multiple servers - 2 locations.
> All domain accounts currently sync on all DC servers.
>
> Building one is in Maryland with a Win2K3 file server and a Win2K3 &
> Exchange 2K3 server. All employees in that building's mailboxes are on
> that
> Exchange machine.
> All can log into OWA using https://mail.domainname.com/exchange
>
> Building #2 is in Massachusetts on a different subnet with a DC/file
> server.
> Installed a Win2K3 & Exchange server there and moved mailboxes for users
> in
> that building from the MD server to the Exchange server in Mass. Move went
> fine, all users' in Mass office mailboxes are workign fine from the Mass
> Exchange server.
>
> However, the Mass users go to https://mail.domainname.com/exchange and
> cannot log in. Only the adminsitrator can.  Nothing but the location of
> their
> mailbox changed.
>
> Do I need to set up another DNS entry like
> https://mail1.domainname.com/exchange to point to the IP of the Mass
> Exchange
> server? I would think they would authenticate through the Maryland one &
> then
> connect to their mailbox on the Mass server, but no go.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.

0
kashif304 (2)
11/23/2006 6:59:28 AM
Your Front End can't connect to the backend in the other location for OWA it
appears.

What error message do you when trying to log in, and also what errors do you
get in the Application log on the FE?

Oliver

"Joe K" <JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Queston regarding OWA with 1 domain - multiple servers - 2 locations.
> All domain accounts currently sync on all DC servers.
>
> Building one is in Maryland with a Win2K3 file server and a Win2K3 &
> Exchange 2K3 server. All employees in that building's mailboxes are on
> that
> Exchange machine.
> All can log into OWA using https://mail.domainname.com/exchange
>
> Building #2 is in Massachusetts on a different subnet with a DC/file
> server.
> Installed a Win2K3 & Exchange server there and moved mailboxes for users
> in
> that building from the MD server to the Exchange server in Mass. Move went
> fine, all users' in Mass office mailboxes are workign fine from the Mass
> Exchange server.
>
> However, the Mass users go to https://mail.domainname.com/exchange and
> cannot log in. Only the adminsitrator can.  Nothing but the location of
> their
> mailbox changed.
>
> Do I need to set up another DNS entry like
> https://mail1.domainname.com/exchange to point to the IP of the Mass
> Exchange
> server? I would think they would authenticate through the Maryland one &
> then
> connect to their mailbox on the Mass server, but no go.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
11/23/2006 8:41:48 AM
You can also implement another OWA url like you mentioned.

Oliver

"Oliver Moazzezi" <o.moazzeziNO@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Your Front End can't connect to the backend in the other location for OWA
> it appears.
>
> What error message do you when trying to log in, and also what errors do
> you get in the Application log on the FE?
>
> Oliver
>

> "Joe K" <JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Queston regarding OWA with 1 domain - multiple servers - 2 locations.
>> All domain accounts currently sync on all DC servers.
>>
>> Building one is in Maryland with a Win2K3 file server and a Win2K3 &
>> Exchange 2K3 server. All employees in that building's mailboxes are on
>> that
>> Exchange machine.
>> All can log into OWA using https://mail.domainname.com/exchange
>>
>> Building #2 is in Massachusetts on a different subnet with a DC/file
>> server.
>> Installed a Win2K3 & Exchange server there and moved mailboxes for users
>> in
>> that building from the MD server to the Exchange server in Mass. Move
>> went
>> fine, all users' in Mass office mailboxes are workign fine from the Mass
>> Exchange server.
>>
>> However, the Mass users go to https://mail.domainname.com/exchange and
>> cannot log in. Only the adminsitrator can.  Nothing but the location of
>> their
>> mailbox changed.
>>
>> Do I need to set up another DNS entry like
>> https://mail1.domainname.com/exchange to point to the IP of the Mass
>> Exchange
>> server? I would think they would authenticate through the Maryland one &
>> then
>> connect to their mailbox on the Mass server, but no go.
>>
>> Any help is much appreciated.

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
11/23/2006 9:03:51 AM
Yes we are.

"Kashif Awan" wrote:

> Are you trying to access mailbox over the internet ?
> "Joe K" <JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Queston regarding OWA with 1 domain - multiple servers - 2 locations.
> > All domain accounts currently sync on all DC servers.
> >
> > Building one is in Maryland with a Win2K3 file server and a Win2K3 &
> > Exchange 2K3 server. All employees in that building's mailboxes are on
> > that
> > Exchange machine.
> > All can log into OWA using https://mail.domainname.com/exchange
> >
> > Building #2 is in Massachusetts on a different subnet with a DC/file
> > server.
> > Installed a Win2K3 & Exchange server there and moved mailboxes for users
> > in
> > that building from the MD server to the Exchange server in Mass. Move went
> > fine, all users' in Mass office mailboxes are workign fine from the Mass
> > Exchange server.
> >
> > However, the Mass users go to https://mail.domainname.com/exchange and
> > cannot log in. Only the adminsitrator can.  Nothing but the location of
> > their
> > mailbox changed.
> >
> > Do I need to set up another DNS entry like
> > https://mail1.domainname.com/exchange to point to the IP of the Mass
> > Exchange
> > server? I would think they would authenticate through the Maryland one &
> > then
> > connect to their mailbox on the Mass server, but no go.
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated.

0
joek (18)
11/24/2006 8:10:01 PM
Thanks, It is just rejecting the logon. No errors when trying to log in.

I will check the logs on the front end like you said to see if that sheds
any light..

"Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:

> Your Front End can't connect to the backend in the other location for OWA it
> appears.
>
> What error message do you when trying to log in, and also what errors do you
> get in the Application log on the FE?
>
> Oliver
>

> "Joe K" <JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Queston regarding OWA with 1 domain - multiple servers - 2 locations.
> > All domain accounts currently sync on all DC servers.
> >
> > Building one is in Maryland with a Win2K3 file server and a Win2K3 &
> > Exchange 2K3 server. All employees in that building's mailboxes are on
> > that
> > Exchange machine.
> > All can log into OWA using https://mail.domainname.com/exchange
> >
> > Building #2 is in Massachusetts on a different subnet with a DC/file
> > server.
> > Installed a Win2K3 & Exchange server there and moved mailboxes for users
> > in
> > that building from the MD server to the Exchange server in Mass. Move went
> > fine, all users' in Mass office mailboxes are workign fine from the Mass
> > Exchange server.
> >
> > However, the Mass users go to https://mail.domainname.com/exchange and
> > cannot log in. Only the adminsitrator can.  Nothing but the location of
> > their
> > mailbox changed.
> >
> > Do I need to set up another DNS entry like
> > https://mail1.domainname.com/exchange to point to the IP of the Mass
> > Exchange
> > server? I would think they would authenticate through the Maryland one &
> > then
> > connect to their mailbox on the Mass server, but no go.
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated.

0
joek (18)

Inputbox in VBA #2
Hello, I have the following VBA Macro: If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Range("E394:E709"), Range("E900")) <> 1 Then Range("E" & i).EntireRow.Delete Else Range("L" & i).Value = ans End If End If Next i I'd like to know if it is possible to have an inputbox in VBA that would give the option to change the range: (Range("E394:E709") Thanks, Jeff ...

Reporting #2
I receive email for two domains into my Exchange Server. I'd like to know how much email is received total and for each of these domains individually. Are there any built in tools for this type of reporting? Thanks, Andy Hi No built in tools to do this in Exchange, you would need to use a product lik MOM or a 3 rd pary product like: Mail Access Monitor http://www.internetaccessmonitor.com/eng/products/mam/ Admin Report Kit for Exchange Server http://www.vyapin.com/products/enterprisenetworktools/arkxchange.htm Exchange Monitor http://www.fortissoftware.com/ Regards -- Ben Ho...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Adding Across Worksheets #2
Hello all. I saw a thread talking about this, but I can't figure out how to make it work for me. My worksheets contain the contribution for each person for one day out of the week. One issue I have is that all my worksheets have the date for the worksheet name (it is easier to see what a person contributed on a certain day if the date is immediately visible on the tabs). I want to sum all the contributions for each person over the course of about 6 months. There are about 70+ people, and I want to show what each person contributed totally. Is there a way to do this using the SUM for...

Out of Office assistant #2
Teh out of office assistant is not working properly. It is not auto replying. Anyone have any ideas?? ...

Uninstall #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi - My understanding is that you can the mid level Office installed on only one machine at a time. So, excuse me for being stupid, but how does the disk know? When I uninstalled by dragging the app folders to the trash and emptying securely, the disk was not in the machine. What am I missing and if I uninstall and give the disk to my daughter for her machine, who knows where ithas beeninstalled and how many times. Thanks - Neil On 4/15/08 2:01 PM, in article ee988f4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "neiljsalkind@office...

product key #2
i purchased publisher 2002. I then had a fire at my house. THe disc seemed to survive as it was in a protected area, the original computer that the progam was installed on was destroyed. In addition, the plastic case had some soot damage which obliterated the first two letters/numbers of the product code, the rest is in tact. is there any way to retrieve these first two letters so that I can install the program on my new computer? technical assistance from microsoft requires this product key so i can't even request assistance at this point. SInce there is nothing wrong with...

Outlook Archive file #2
I am unable to close my archive file . Error says a file is missing. What is the best way to proceed? try disconnecting it from your account through Data File Management. "Lee Roth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07d801c3d976$ca774bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am unable to close my archive file . Error says a file > is missing. What is the best way to proceed? ...

re: slow OWA

toolbar macros #2
I've gone through the routine to assign a macro to a toolbar button, even down to getting the option to select the macro, but it isn't permanent. When I click on the button afterwards,I get the same dialog to assign the macro. However, I can permanently assign the same macro to a graphic in the sheet. Second quandary - Can I assign that same macro to a cell which has only text? ...

Cannot start Outlook 2003 #2
Error messeage: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000. Failed
Dear all I have a computer on the network that will not install windows update. Computer in three weeks that won't install this update on the following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 Pentium 4 Microsoft Office 2003 I have tried the following below: Uninstall the .NET 2.0 Update KB976569. Reboot. Apply KB974417 successfully, Reboot. The KB975569 update and failed again. Please can you assist or advise? P...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Excel 2003 #2
Does the new version of excel contain more than 65,536 lines withing a workbook? If not, is there a way to create additional lines, over and above the 65,536? Excel is used in a very specific program that we have, and adding workbooks is NOT an option. We do multiple searches (of columns) and need text in one workbook. If you have an answer, please e-mail me directly at the above address. Thanks for your assistance. Also 65,536 Leigh in 2003 But you can search in more sheets also Is this not a option? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl &...

Why does OWA...

CRichEditView 2.0 Crashes...
I had a project I created in VC++ 6.0 which utilized a CRichEditView. Everything works fine. I upgraded to VC++ 2003, and when I rebuilt the same project, when the I exit the program, it crashes and I get the standard "Do you want to tell Microsoft...". Anyway, when I debug it, I am pointed to the following line in viewrich.cpp HRESULT hr = m_lpRichEditOle->GetObject(REO_IOB_SELECTION, &reo, REO_GETOBJ_ALL_INTERFACES); which is located in the CRichEditCntrItem* CRichEditView::GetInPlaceActiveItem() function. Furthermore, the call stack is displaing mfc71d.dll!CRic...

How do I setup a Crystal Reports server to host CRM 1.2 Reports?
Hi there, I recently upgraded from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. As a result I can no longer run all of our custom crystal reports from the 1.2 installation. Can anyone tell me or point me to a document on the web which instructs on setting up a Crystal Reports server to host the CRM 1.2 reports? My company has a registered copy of Crystal 9 Developer edition & reports server. I don't know much about Crystal and at the moment we don't have time to convert these reports to SQL-RS. Thank you. You could also try http://rpttosql.com/faq.htm which is an email-based service to convert cry...

Leaflet #2
How do a create a leaflet using Microsoft Publisher? The simplest way is to start with a template. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA016E96-8475-46DD-9098-CEF24EB05BB9@microsoft.com... > How do a create a leaflet using Microsoft Publisher? Creating a publication http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062559031033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &...

WMI Error #2
Our Exchange 2003 SP1 server keeps on sending me email of these errors. It is coming from the email address: WMI@ExServ, with the subject of: Warning on ExServ ExServ has reported a Warning. Reported status is: Queues - Warning Drives - OK Services - OK Memory - OK CPU - OK Then ten minutes later I get another email with subject: Error on ExServ ExServ has reported a Error. Reported status is: Queues - Error Drives - OK Services - OK Memory - OK CPU - OK How do I go about troubleshooting this problem? I have read almost everywhere and found no solution to this thing except turning it off...