OWA as default web page

I have a front end server I'm using for OWA.  I would like to configure IIS
to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without
having to type "/exchange".

For example: https://webserver.domain instead of
https://webserver.domain/exchange

Is there a way to configure this?

Thanks

0
dewayne1 (2)

The article below describes how to redirect the Default
Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory.

319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default
Web Site
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878

0
a-mihend (13)
5/12/2004 6:13:03 PM
Thank you very much!

"Mike Hendrickson" <a-mihend@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The article below describes how to redirect the Default
> Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory.
>
> 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default
> Web Site
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878

0
dewayne1 (2)

CAL License Requirements for Project Server SharePoint Pages..
I know I need a CAL license for anyone accessing the PWA front-end of project server, but does a user need a CAL if they are going to access the SharePoint project page that can be spawned when a new project is added to the project server? Right now, the cost of implementing Project Server is small, compared to the CAL licensing if I have all of the engineering staff using it. I need to look at options of limiting what they access, and right now, if they do not need the CAL to access the Project sites, then I should be in good shape. Anyone know this?> If it's got th...

Default Currency
Although my Regional Currency is set to English £, Excel doesn't appear to be able to 'see' it, so when I click on the currency button all I get is '$'. Changing 'Style' in 'Format' only produces '£' for that particular worksheet at the time, open up another worksheet and your back to square one. How can I 'default' the currency to '£'? -- StuartFM ...

Publishing 2007 Reports To The Web
I am getting ready to create a runtime version of a program created for my employer. I created it using 2003 but will convert it to 2007 and use the runtime components for that process. 2003 had the Data Access Pages and I know that 2007 does not. We do have a web site and I would like to publish reports from Access 2007 to the web so our participants can view these. What would be the best method to accomplish this? Thank you for any help. On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:11:01 -0800, Arturo <Arturo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: One option is to save them as PDF (DoCmd.O...

Change the default column headings
Hi all. I was wondering how to change the default columnar headings(A B, C,...) at the top. I have looked in the options and help, but can't find way. I want to make the defaults the ACTUAL name of my columns :confused: Th -- arak ----------------------------------------------------------------------- araki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48222 araki, Other than changing to the R1C1 notation, (Tools, Options, General) which will change the columns to 1, 2, 3, etc...

Need help publishing web service
Hello, I created a simple web service for testing purpose in Visual Studio 2005: [WSTest.asmx] <%@ WebService Language="C#" CodeBehind="~/App_Code/Service.cs" Class="WSTest" %> [App_Code/Service.cs] using System; using System.Web; using System.Web.Services; using System.Web.Services.Protocols; [WebService(Namespace = "http://bonusnaweb.com.br/WebService/")] [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)] public class WSTest : System.Web.Services.WebService { [WebMethod] public int Sum(int num1, int num2) { r...

RPC over HTTP for OWA
Hey guys and gals, Since we have internmittent issues with logging in periodically with our current FE/BE setup in Exchange 2003 (every 8 or 10 logins or so, the owaauth.dll screen just sits until timeout. Clicking refresh gets you in, but this behavior is unacceptable to our CEO) I an thinking about setting up RPC over HTTP to see if that may correct the problem. The potential issue: after reading up on the procedure, there is a statement that says how to configure Outlook to use RPC over HTTP. I assume this is an optional step, right? I want to make sure that our LAN can access Excha...

OWA "Loading" error, client side
Hi, I'm having issues with a user's PC connecting to OWA. The user is not part of my network and as such I don't have a real in-depth knowledge of their "network" setup (they have six users at their hotel; I work at another hotel with 35 users, and the same company manages both of our hotels), but I noticed a significant number of problems with her laptop. When she brought it to me, the laptop contained over 450 instances of adware and spyware, several viruses, and enough popup ads to choke a goat. Common sense would have told me to wipe and rebuild, but she is a...

**~~" FREE web based business **~~"
Your own web based business FREE! the products are in BIG demand and commissions can be up to 80%. Nothing to pay now - NOTHING TO PAY EVER. Get your business now - FREE! http://www.cashring.com/?id=wil1194 '5c4R"y/:%XYr@&`xm?$ ...

having trouble setting page breaks on excel- have ms 2000
I can't set the page break where I have full pages of information without a break in the sequence of info for that specific detail - in other words I want all the infomation for one subject to be on one page and if I can get two or three sets on a page, fine, but I don't want partial information to show up on the next page. Help ...

Default file locations
How do I change the default file location for "attachments" when I go to insert a file. It goes to my documents. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Tom" <thomas.leonard@mckesson.com> wrote in message news:02ae01c34a2f$7ad0d2d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change the default file location > for "attachments" when I go to insert a file. It goes to > my d...

Outlook 2000 default font
I have a client who is unable to change the default font when using word 2000 as her email editor. I changed the writing sytle and personal stationery. When the client opens a new message it still has the old font. I also save the email.dot with the new font the client wanted and when a new email was opened it still had the old font. Does anyone have any suggestions? I too have a client with this same behavior. Any feedback, folks? "HelpDesk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17a4d01c41e35$46de99f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client who i...

XPS Default File Name
Hi there: I am printing to a .xps file. However, each file I save from .xls, prompts for a file name with the .xps set as the default. Does anyone know how to set the current workbook name of a .xls file as the default name for the .xps file? Much Appreciated, David I guess you should save via a macro: Sub SaveActiveWBookAsXPS() Dim WBName As String Dim DotPos As Integer WBName = ActiveWorkbook.Name DotPos = InStrRev(WBName, ".") If DotPos > 0 Then WBName = Left(WBName, DotPos - 1) ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypeXPS, Filename:="C:\...

OWA Delete message problems
Hi everyone, We have an Exchange 5.5 mail server running on W2K. Some of our users have difficulty when they attempt to delete some messages by: 1. marking them for deletion 2. selecting delete marked items 3. message is deleted from inbox and moved to deleted items Some messages will not do the above and I can't find out why. The screen refreshes after delete marked items is selected, but the bad message stays on the screen. If you select the message again and attempt to delete it, you get an error message that states Unable to access item to be deleted. Has any one ever experienced this...

Page Numbering within Sections
I have a Word template document with 3 sections: The first section contains one page which is not numbered. The second section contains 3 pages which are automatically numbered via inserting Page x of y and then converting y to a SECTIONPAGES field resulting in Pages 1 of 4, 2 of 4, and 3 of 4. So all is good up to this point. However, the 4th and final page is in landscape format and thus becomes the third section, but is being numbered 4 of 1 even though the 1 is a SECTIONPAGES field and the section is linked to previous and is listed as "same as previous". ...

FileUpload control
After choosing a file, when the user finally submits it, the page refreshs after upload. I have a control that lets users upload an image. It works fine, but the page refreshs after the upload completes. I'd like the page not to refresh so I can then just put the image into a <div> in an aesthetic way. Is there anyway to upload a file without the control refreshing the page on the upload's completion?. One solution would be to put your file upload control and the <div> inside an UpdatePanel - this will only refresh those without resubmitting the whole...

how do i apply a different design to all pages in my website?
I am trying to create a template for a Digital Portfolio for my AP English students. It was going well until I realized that new designs would only apply to the pages that were in the original Publisher template. Any new pages that I inserted would not change designs. How do get the Designs to apply to the entire website? "Frau Johnson" <Frau Johnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCA038E4-C4DF-4DF8-96D7-24CC9F97F413@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a template for a Digital Portfolio for my AP English > students. > It was going well unti...

Cursor doesn't move when page up or page down in Excel 2003
I searched to see if a thread was already started, but could not find one. Problem is, when i press page up, or page down the screen moves down one page, but the cursor doesn't go with it. If, after i press page down, i press the down arrow key, the cursor winds up in the cell just beneath the cell i began with before i pressed page down the first time. I have looked everywhere i can think of to resolve this myself. Can anyone please help? Thanks! Dan Press Scroll Lock one more time -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "christiandad" <christiandad@discussions.microsoft.c...

how do i make a footer in Publisher
I am new to Publisher, but in the other Microsoft software I can show in the footer both the current page number and the total number of pages in the document. Can I do this in Publisher and how do I do it. Thanks Sharyn After you Insert, page numbers. View, Master page, type page # of XXX, (page 1 of 199) -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sharyn Bir" <Sharyn Bir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF0833E5-35A6-4304-A551-6ABCE7346DF3@microsoft.com... >I am new to Publisher, but in the other Microsoft software I can show in the > footer both t...

Enabling change password on second virtual OWA
Is there a way to enable Password change other thatn in the default web site that holds the Default OWA? I created a second HTTP virtual OWA, with a different SSL Certificate and domain name on the same Server. Everything works will, except that the Change password does not work, even after setting-up the iisadmpwd and adjusting the metadata base to have PasswordChangeFlags set to ). Any help here will be appreciative Manny ...

OWA emails to Outlook
I got a new job (!!!!!!!!!!!) and the company emails have to be accessed by login on to Outlook Web Access. My question is: how do I set my Outlook (2003) to receive these emails without going to OWA? I know some people are doing it but being a newbie...you know what I mean. Thanks in advance for any help. Are you sure the first thing you want to do at your new job is subvert company rules about how to access email? "brickman" wrote: > I got a new job (!!!!!!!!!!!) and the company emails have to be accessed by > login on to Outlook Web Access. My question is...

OWA FE/FE Authentication problem
Hello, We have a FE/BE setup with Exchange EE 2K3 SP1 on both machines (Opsys is Win2K3 EE). The FE has SP1 for Windows 2003 server, the backend is just Win2K3 server. We have OWA working fairly well using forms authentication, however periodically, about once every 6-10 logins, the login page will just sit after clicking login. It will timeout in about 5 minutes. However, if during that pausing period, the user hits F5 or refreshes the page, they instantly go to their inbox! Put a sniffer on, everything looks like it's communicating normally. The pause happens with the owaauth.d...

AOL and OWA
I have a problem where users are experiencing problems accessing exchange 2000 OWA using AOL, has anyone com accross this wayne "wayne" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23ckoLrCNEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a problem where users are experiencing problems accessing exchange > 2000 OWA using AOL, has anyone com accross this > > wayne There is a known problem with the AOL browser. You need to minimize the AOL browser and use IE instead. Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP: www.leeder...

changin default gate way
Hello All i need to change the default gateway of my local machine Win2000 Server onwards. how can i do that .? whihc API would be used for it regards Muhammad Aftab Alam I haven't tried it, but DeleteIpForwardEntry() to remove the old entry and CreateIpForwardEntry() to add the new one. From what I've read these changes aren't persistent and you'll have to modify registry entries to make them persistent. GetIpForwardTable() should get you the current routing table. If you also get the IP addresses for the local interface list then you should have a fairly easy time ...

save as web page in 2010
Now that Save as web page or HTML is no longer available in PPT 2010, what do you recommend for saving onto your own web server so that it will show animations and effects within the presentation? I'd probably save as video. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "kim" <kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A385DBD0-9027-4E2E-B3CF-2C43D2EB2117@micro...

Problem with calling .Net Web Service. XML provided. Anyone help?
Hi, I'm hoping that someone will be able to help out with a problem we are having. We have a web service built in .Net 1.1. We are trying to call it from PHP4 using the NuSOAP add on. It seems the SOAP it is sending as the request isn't what the web service is looking for. Here is what my PHP4 NuSOAP client is sending: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLS...