OWA and two exchange 2003 server

I have two 2003 exchange servers that both contain mailboxes.  When users log
into OWA that is hosted on my mx2 server, if their mailboxes are on the mx1
server they can not access from the outside because I only allow access to
the mx2 server for now.  I am in the process of moving mailboxes from mx2 to
mx1 which will be my final hardware platform, but in the meantime users are
compalining about the OWA.  I can't make the mx2 server a FE because I still
have mailboxes on that server.  Any suggestions?
0
c (162)

2 ways to do this:

1.  allow access to MX1 (A record in external DNS, make necessary config
changes on firewall to NAT and allow http/s

2. install a front-end

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Joe C" <Joe C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two 2003 exchange servers that both contain mailboxes.  When users
>log
> into OWA that is hosted on my mx2 server, if their mailboxes are on the
> mx1
> server they can not access from the outside because I only allow access to
> the mx2 server for now.  I am in the process of moving mailboxes from mx2
> mx1 which will be my final hardware platform, but in the meantime users
> are
> compalining about the OWA.  I can't make the mx2 server a FE because I
> still
> have mailboxes on that server.  Any suggestions?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)

finding data between two numbers (1000-1999)and totaling correspo.
I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that start with 10.. I have to total the numbers from a corresponding column of all that match this criteria and display it. one way: With 4 digit numbers in A1:A1000, and corresponding column B: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INT(A1:A1000/100)=10),B1:B1000) In article <C4DEBCF8-A553-4D5C-8B22-9251CCE9177D@microsoft.com>, plasticmaker <plasticmaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that > start with 10.. I have to total the numbers fro...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

POP3 conflict OL2000/2003
I have a problem affecting W2K users having roaming profiles and different versions of Outlook installed on different computers. I wonder if anyone has a solution to this other than the most obvious to just upgrade everyone to Office 2003 right away. Network is W2K Server with W2K Pro workstation. All users have roaming profiles. User's Desktop has Office 2003 Professional installed. Outlook 2003 is configured for both Exchange 2000 and POP3 accounts. User's Notebook still has Office 2000 Professional installed. Outlook on it was configured identically. Once the user&...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Backup Exec. 9 - Exchange 5.5
Ok, here is my dilemma. A week ago, ran out of room on the server II x-drive which had all exchange services on it. Exchanged shut down due to no disk storage. I tried to run a complete full Backup with Backup Exec. 9 Thi software is on server II and yes, I do have the Exchange Agent runnin on III. But never could get the backup exec to flush all log files. I re-allocated my resources and moved the Priv. and Pub. stuff to th new Z:drive. I moved a large portion of the existing ebdxxx.log files to server I t free up some space. Ok, problem one. - Think I have it solved but still wa...

Merging two different files
Does anyone know how to merge two files with these conditions: They are two different versions of the same file, each modified with different information,. Has anyone had direct experience with this? ...

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Outlook 2003 and public folders
When I try to connect to a public folder I got an error. "Unable to expand public folder. Network problems are preventing connection to the exchange server." I am able to send and receive email, but cannot view what is in the public folder. ...

Combining two worksheets with same case identifiers
Hello, I am trying to merge two workbooks containing data from an experiment. The first three columns have identical data in both workbooks, and include a participant number, value for Variable1,and value for Variable2. Each participant takes up about 12 rows of the worksheet, this includes all possible combinations of Variable1 and Variable2. The last three columns represent judge ratings. Half of these ratings are entered in Worksheet I, and half of them in Worksheet II. Some rows in Worksheet I contain missing data which is contained in Worksheet II. How do I go about combining these...

Formula for calculating the diffrence between two dates
suppose i have an product name as A001234-01APR10 which expires after 5 business days that is on 07th apr.. so It should give, on 3rd apr what is its age and on 8th showing as expired.. what will be the excel based formula for this... I'll give you the main tool. In order to calculate the working days (Mon-Thu) between two dates use: =NETWORKDAYS(A1,A2) [where A1 has earliest date, B1 has latest date] I would suggest to use this function - with an appropriate check - to declare Conditional Format in coloring the cell when Expired. Same Function can be used to present the &quo...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager skipping mailbox
Hi, We had migrated 800 mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 for our site (Site A). Our Exchange 5.5 servers are still around and there are still other Exchange 5.5 sites within the Org; therefore we are still in mixed mode. We have enabled Mailbox Manager settings on the Recipient Policy for Site A. The Mailbox Manger works pretty well for a week but for the past 3 days, it did not. Instead of processing all the 800 mailboxes, it only processed 45, 122 and 5 mailboxes for the last 3 days respectively. I tries manually runing the mailbox manager but still no luck. I enable...

SBS 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 sp2
Hello all Is there any issues with migrating inboxes from a SBS 2003 server to a server dedicated to Exchange 2003? What i want to do is move all the mailboxes and then make the dedicated Exchange server the mail server for the domain, so i have to move all the pf and any system folders as well. Also the question is a bit of topic, but currently the SBS server is the AD/GC and DNS server for the domain, we are moving away from SBS, and using dedicated machines for these purposes. Can i just add this machine to the domain do a DC promo, make it a GC and then move all the roles from the...

import .CSV file to XP EXcel 2003 worksheet, the seperator is com.
Download a .CSV file from internet to Windows XP Excel 2003 (SP1). The text delimitor is comma. How do I change the worksheet to have the text delimited by column? that means each text filed is imported into each column. Thank you ML Change the .csv extension to .txt then open that *.txt file. The Text Import Wizard will appear and you can parse your data with "delimited by" comma. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:19:02 -0800, "ML" <ML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Download a .CSV file from internet to Windows XP Excel 2003 (SP1). The t...

Connecting Exchange Server to a POP3 Server
I need to download email from our company's ISP that runs a POP3 server. We have an Exchange Server running that we're trying to download the email to. We're currently running PopCon but I was wondering if microsoft has a support for this. There is a free program supplied by microsoft but it only works on Small Business Server. Any help would be appreciated. As you stated, SBS Product is the only product with Exchange that includes a POP Downloader. You will have to purchase third party Pop Downloader for any other versions of Exchange. I would strongly suggest hosting you...

Excel 2003 #2
Does the new version of excel contain more than 65,536 lines withing a workbook? If not, is there a way to create additional lines, over and above the 65,536? Excel is used in a very specific program that we have, and adding workbooks is NOT an option. We do multiple searches (of columns) and need text in one workbook. If you have an answer, please e-mail me directly at the above address. Thanks for your assistance. Also 65,536 Leigh in 2003 But you can search in more sheets also Is this not a option? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl &...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

Cannot view pictures in publisher 2003
All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:49:02 +0000, louelk wrote (in article <DED454B9-A06F-4222-89DC-59C4E6BA27AF@microsoft.com>): > All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can > view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 It didn't cross your mind to *SEARCH* then? You didn't think to look whether anyone else might conceivably have had the same issue and solved it? No, of course it didn't.. I don't care if this *IS* you...

LIMITATION ON ACCESS 2003 DATABASE
Could anyone tell me whether there is a limit to the number of records which can be stored in a table in an Access 2003 database. I have an Access dbase with approximately 8463 records already and growing day by day. I find that sometimes all records can't be read (I run a document management system from the database whereby I lookup data and documents previously created). After getting the error I rebuild and compact the database and all runs fine for a while again. Then it doesn't read all the records again for some or other reason. I repeat the process and all fine. Is there a limit...

Excel 2003 memory abuse
Hi, I have a problem with excel 2003 on almost every workstation here. When I fill some cells in a worksheet with data and the select a few cells excel starts using excessive amounts of memory when I just move my mouse over the sheet. In the task memory I can see Excel using a lot of processor time and I see the memory usage increase by almost 1 mb/s. When using excel normally this problem will cause windows to have more then 1.5 GB of memory in use after around 30 min. At the end windows will crash due to problems with the virtual memory. This problem occurs with all excel sheets. H...