OWA #75

Hi

I hav exchg 2003 and xp pro clients. I have users ion the building where the
exchange is standing who directly connect and others outside who connects via
POP3.

My question: Is it difficult to set up my exchange server to allow the users
from outside to connect via the net directly to the exchange via OWA. I'm
trying to find some articles with no success.

Any help would be great. (Note: I can from within the network type in
\\ipoftheexchange\nameofamailbox in the internet explorer and i can access it)

thanks everyone

craig

hi
connfigure owa with ssl
http://www.petri.co.il/configure_ssl_on_owa.htm

in your organization firewall configure port forwarding for ssl (443)
your external IP Address port 443 ----> your exchange server IP Address 443

access owa :
https://{your external IP Address}/exchange

good luck

--

"Craig from Huguenot" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I hav exchg 2003 and xp pro clients. I have users ion the building where the
> exchange is standing who directly connect and others outside who connects via
> POP3.
>
> My question: Is it difficult to set up my exchange server to allow the users
> from outside to connect via the net directly to the exchange via OWA. I'm
> trying to find some articles with no success.
>
> Any help would be great. (Note: I can from within the network type in
> \\ipoftheexchange\nameofamailbox in the internet explorer and i can access it)
>
> thanks everyone
>
> craig

OWA and HTTPS #2
Is there a way to force users who type http://myservername/exchange to get automatically get redirected to https://myservername/exchange? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 Just use a redirect..the above is ONE way to do it...there are others. "LincolnIT" <LincolnIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30F026A9-CC4F-4CDA-805C-D8C4111ED28C@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to force users who type http://myservername/exchange to get > automatically get redirected to https://myservername/exchange? In article <30F026A9-CC4F-4CDA-805C-D8C4111ED...

OWA Help
Have a single Exchange server (Win2K, SP4 with Exch 2003 Sp2) in a single domain behind a firewall (Win2K,Sp4 with ISA 2000, SP2). The updates are recent. After the Updates to the Operating Systems and before the updates to ISA, OWA displayed to users "Page cannot be displayed". I've research KB articles and set the advised Web/Exchange Directory permissions. Am I missing something? I've got a nagging feeling that I'm missing something incredibly simple. Thanks in advance Jim ...

OWA error
Hi All, Please help we have 2 servers as same problem of OWA, our OWA always root.asp unexpected error. We have tried to "regsvr32 asp.dll" and then reboot server, but the problem still can't solve. Our 2 Server Config is: Window NT 4.0 SP6a & Exchange 5.5 SP4 , Window 2000 Server SP3 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312434&Product=ech Thank you very much. Have you applied the Exchange post SP4 fixes that apply to OWA ? Would also suggest applying W2000 SP4 and critical updates of course. >-----Original Message----- &...

OWA Configuration #2
I am hosting multiple domains on my Exchange 2003 Server. I am able to configure all but one for OWA. The domain does not show up in the list for me to configure. The domain name has a hypen in it, i.e. lloyd-ins.com. Is there any way to work around this? Thanks, Richard ...

nVidia 196.75 WHQL
Released half an hour ago. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us -- Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro Coreā„¢ 2 Extreme X6800 2 x VelociRaptor RAID 0 8GB DDR2 800MHz GeForce 8800GTX Eizo 30" 2560x1600 XP x64 SP2 - Vista x64 SP2 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in tripleboot I heard this driver was faulty, allowing video cards to overheat. Please check this download out before using it. http://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5897 "Maratonmannen" <Maratonmannen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D7C0C73-E00B-4C45-B81C-2AFD639BF14A@microsof...

Change Name in OWA
Hi all, I had a question about OWA with exchange 2007. Do users have the ability, through the GUI of OWA, to change their first and last names that are set in Active Directory? Robert no "supersonic_oasis" <supersonicoasis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01F36301-1428-482E-8E86-4BDC21EFFD04@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I had a question about OWA with exchange 2007. Do users have the ability, > through the GUI of OWA, to change their first and last names that are set > in > Active Directory? > > Robert ...

Copy function in OWA does not work #2
When users attempt to copy email from their Inbox to any other folder, OWA spits back an "The item can not be found. It may have been deleted". Yet, you can fully open the email that is trying to be copied in OWA, and it appears normal. This is for all users, including admins. Has anyone seen this issue before? ...

OWA
My setup is Small Business Server 2003 with ISA Server 2000 installed, and the problem is with OWA (Outlook Web Access) for Exchange 2003. This may be an IIS issue but I'm not sure yet. I keep getting the HTTP 404 Error - File Not Found, through OWA for certain emails, not all, just certain ones. The emails aren't missing (they display fine with a MAPI client), but it seems they're being blocked if you try to read them using OWA. I see a lot of references to URLscan on similar errors to mine, but I haven't installed it on my server and I've searched the entire dri...

OWA 2003 FE Servers and Forms Based Auth
Does OWA 2003 using forms-based authentication require server affinity? We started using a second Front-End Server and have some users calling they are being prompted for username and password when they didn't expect to be. We are using Round-Robin dns method for load balancing. If you could point me to a resource and tell me if you found this documented. Also if you have any feedback on using WNLB - Windows Network Load Balancing method I would appreciate. Thanks, Mark It should not require affinity because it the session is cookie based and unless you have modified the length ...

OWA and multiple web sites on the same box?
Hi, I've set up a box with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 on, and thus far have been happy with the way that a lot of niggly problems with previous versions of OWA seem to have been fixed. However, as soon as I try to add a web site, everything goes wrong. As soon as I start the new web site, I lose access to OWA from the Internet. I've tried various combinations of host headers, all to no avail. Is there a logical sequence of events that I should be following in order to run one (or more) web sites on the same box as Exchange Server 2003, using host headers (I'd l...

OWA access
I am using exchange 5.5 with OWA on the same server. I changed the password of the user but the strange thing is that he can login to the mailbox through OWA using either the old password or the new one. Dont know how to solve this issue. Pls help. Thanks. well, one more question, i run exchange 5.5 with MS Windows 2000 AS with OWA, everything seems to be fine but noone is able to login to OWA, (authentication failed any special suggestion are greatly welcomed :) what authentication methods are used in properties of owa. >-----Original Message----- >well, one more question, i run...

Best practices for OWA?
I'm considering setting up OWA, but was hoping that somebody could point me in the direction of some best practices or even cookbook methods? I have Exchange 2000 and my network has a DMZ - I assume that I should put an OWA server into the DMZ and make it part of the same site as my main Exchange box? Okay, that's about all I really know at this point. Can somebody steer me in the right direction here? Thanks :-) Mark On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:12:43 -0500, "Mark" <mark@ihatespam.com> wrote: >I'm considering setting up OWA, but was hoping that somebody c...

Junk Email Filter in OWA
Hello I am looking for a switch or option in OWA 2003 to disable or turn off the Junk Email filter for a users within my exchange site. I know how to shut it down individually but have been asked to disable it for our entire site. Any one know if such a switch exists or a way to acomplish this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- Mike Breen Hi Mike, What are you trying to achieve here? Remove the junk email folder or stop SPAM messages from being delivered there?. Do you also realize this folder is created also created when you have IMF on your Exchange server and clients co...

OWA and SMTP issues
I am currently mounting my first Small Business server 2003. One of the very importantant needs to be addressed through this server to us is to be able to send and receive messages through this server and also pop3 accounts located on other hosted sites. So far I've been able to accomplish this satisfactorily at the desktop but not through the OWA client. We can receive all the pop3 messages, however when we reply they assume the address of the server 2003 account only. Is ther a solution for this? Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Robert Spar...

Install SP2 No more OWA?
Here is the scenario. New Exchange 2003 build w/ FE OWA server. Built backend server then the FE Tested owa http://FEserver/exchange entered username in password. My mailbox comes up but in the message pane appears to be stuck with a message "loading" (sigh) at this point I smack my forhead duh, I need to install SP2 on FEserver to access the mailboxes on BEserver So I merrily install SP2 on FEserver and reboot, anxious to bask in my glory I open IE and enter http://FEserver/exchange, I enter in my user name and pw, hit enter, the logon box comes back. Hmph, I say to myself m...

Problem with OWA 2003
I have a setup Exchange 2003 in a lab with a copy of my AD & now when every I make a new user id that is mail enable it is not able to log in using OWA. I have check the event log on the both the exchnage server & the DC for the domain & I am not seeing any errors. I type in the user name & then password & it just keeps asking for the password again & again. I have try the user name with as just username domain\username username@domain.com All the user that had a ID when Exchnage was install work. The new id's are able to log in to a workstation & conn...

Access OWA 2003 from Japanese language clients
Hi all, i have some problem with my Client who are using the Japanese Language version in their Notebook, when they want to access OWA they only can see their mails and when they are trying to reply, forward or create a new mail they can doit but when they klik the send button suddenly an error message appears in Japanese language and it said that "Cannot fond out code page for this language on the server. Please contact to server manager." I'm using cluster for Exchange server 2003 Backend, I 'm wonder is there somethhing must be install in Exchange Server BE & F...

owa #26
i not able to work the owa in my exchange server 5.5.how can i solve the problem in windows nt 4.0 server It isn't installed by default, so you may need to put it on in the first instance. A little more information would be helpful. >-----Original Message----- >i not able to work the owa in my exchange server 5.5.how >can i solve the problem in windows nt 4.0 server >. > ...

OWA on Internet server
Could someone direct me to the KB article that explains how to setup OWA on a internet server. The internet server also has exchange installed on it, and I can access those mailboxes from OWA. I can't access mailboxes from our other exchange server from the internet, but it works fine internally. You better read some articles on how to secure IIS before you do something as bold as exposing OWA to the internet unprotected. Go to http://support.microsoft.com and type in some valid search criteria as a starting point. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio http://exchange.mvps.org &...

Something about OWA HTML Filter
When somebody send me a email with html code,such as 'form action="......commit.php" method="post" ',the OWA clear the contents of action and method automaticly.Microsoft outlook can read this mail normally.But I DO need read this html mail in OWA.I try to modified the FilterWebBeacons registry value ,but seems ineffective.Does anyone can help me?Thanks. ...

OWA on XNG2k3 on PPC Logon Keeps Popping Up
Using Sprint PPC-6700 WM5 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2. Installed Verisign SSL Cert on 6700, and seems to work. I don't get prompted with the security warning when accessing https://servername/exchange, just the logon box. But after I signon, everytime I navigate through the page I get the Network Logon box again asking for my password (even if I check Save Password). Ideas? Thx in advance, Jason ...

OWA Problem #13
We are using Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. I have one user that can see/read emails when looking in Outlook but then when they use OWA they can't read some of them. There is nothing in common with the emails he can't read either. Some have attachments, some don't, some have subject lines, some don't, etc. He is using Office 2002 - could that be some type of problem? I am not sure why he is the only one that this is happening to. We went as far as downloading his email to a .pst and then deleting and recreating his account and bringing up the .pst...

enabling OWA access from the internet
I am trying to enable my users to access OWA from the internet. I have it working perfectly on the intranet, but when I try to access it from the internet, I get an error saying that I am not authorized to view the page. No login dialog pops up. I am using https:// to connect and have forwarded port 443 to my server (behind a router using NAT). The only thing I can think of is that the software firewall installed with Win Server 2k3 must be blocking the connection, but I can't figure out how to unblock it. Please help! Have you ensured that you have a valid DNS A record that points...

OWA - EXCHANGE 2003
I just installed exchange 2003 with server 2003 SBS. Exchange works great but I cannot get my email thru OWA. If I type http://99.99.99.99/, this talkes me to my server but if I type http://99.99.99.99/exchange , it just error out that page cannot be displayed. 99.99.99.99 is not my real public IP address here. I am looking for some king of steps/instruction to install/configure IIS on exchange 2003. Thanks On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:02:25 GMT, "Mac" <mac@hotmail.com> wrote: > >I just installed exchange 2003 with server 2003 SBS. > >Exchange works great bu...

OWA authentication problem #5
When trying to access mail boxes in my organization trough OWA, I get the login screen; but it doesn't allow me to access them after entering the login information. It seems it is not authenticating. Any ideas? Manolo On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 08:59:01 -0700, Manolo <Manolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When trying to access mail boxes in my organization trough OWA, I get the >login screen; but it doesn't allow me to access them after entering the login >information. It seems it is not authenticating. >Any ideas? >Manolo Front End / Back End? Integrated Auth?...