OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Greetings,

When I attempt to create, reply or forward to a message in OWA 2003, the appropriate
window opens, but is blue/grey in color, and contains only this text, centered in the
window:

! An unknown error happened.

The exclamation point is dark red, the text is black.

I've dumped the client browser cache, removed all unnecessary controls in
"C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files", and rebooted the system.  I've cleared the SSL
state.  I've reset the browser advanced settings.

The problem persists.  Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Tim ==
(substitute 'tcsys.com' for  'nospam.co.uk')
_________________

Visit the Surrender Dorothy web !! (http://dorothyrocks.com)
Visit the Crunch Monkey web !! (http://crunchmonkey.com)
0
tim9515 (4)

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:10:41 -0500, Timothy J. Trace <tim@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>! An unknown error happened.

In my environment, installing EX2K3 SP1 cured this problem.  YMMV.
0
tim9515 (4)
7/9/2004 5:54:44 AM
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 00:54:44 -0500, Timothy J. Trace <tim@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>In my environment, installing EX2K3 SP1 cured this problem.  YMMV.

The problem has returned and I did nothing.  I was in bed for 6 hours, then checked my
mail and tried to compose a new message.  "! An unknown error happened."

I've repeated my client-cleansing steps from my previous post, and the problem persists.

I've bounced the MSA and the IS, and IIS.  No luck.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to resolve this situation?

Thanks,

Tim ==
0
tim9515 (4)
7/9/2004 2:28:22 PM
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:28:22 -0500, Timothy J. Trace <tim@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>The problem has returned and I did nothing.  I was in bed for 6 hours, then checked my
>mail and tried to compose a new message.  "! An unknown error happened."

I've isolated the problem to a single client computer.  As luck would have it, it's my
personal notebook.  :->

I've since reapplied XP-SP1.  I've reinstalled IE6 from the original XP media, and
reapplied the patches.  Still no luck.

I'm really hoping that one of my fellow Exchange admins has seen this behaviour before...?
Reloading this notebook just to solve an OWA problem is a huge PITA.

Thanks,

Tim ==
0
tim9515 (4)

Exchange 2003 SP2 installation
1) There is no setup.exe after I expand the file under the setup\i386 or setup folders. There is one in the ADC folder .. the only file I see under setup\i386 is update.exe when I double click on that, it gives me an error message. Any idea's what's going on? 2) How do I determine what is the service pack level on my server? Do I start System Manager and go to Administrative groups and right click on my server and go to General Tab to see the service pack? Thank you 1. For an SP, it's update.exe. 2. Do determine the SP level, look on the properties of the server for the bui...

Access 2003
Hi, I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and outgoing email traffic for specific group addresses in an Exchange Enviroment. This only needs to be a simple culmulative count with a date stamp. Not too sure how I would start this. Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given. My guess is to use MAPI to connect to and interact with the server. From there, there should be code available to read the traffic. "MaccaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and > ...

scale to page error in Excel 2007
somehow something has changed in my Excel 2007 setup where my "fit to scale" does not work appropriately. When I choose print preview, the preview screen changes to a very small preview and my document is a few thousand pages. This document used to print fine on one page. Even on my other computer it prints fine. The funny thing is, when I change it back to 100% scale the preview is large again but still cuts off a few columns. I must have changed some setting that I need to reset but cannot find it. Any help is appreciated. Have you checked your setting of print ...

Rules-Outlook 2003-"on this machine only"
When I specify that I want to send a copy of all messages that I send in a specific account...i get the added cindition "on this machine only". I copy my pst file from machine a and b...I uderstand that I have to check to be sure that all rules are active after I copy from machine...but how do I get away from this unselected condition. Exactly the same thing happens when I specify that all messages that are received via a specific account be sent to a folder. ...

Can Excel 2003 Do This?
Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me with this... Here's what I want to do: I have a workbook that I have recreated in excel for my boyfriends work. One of the sheets is a weekly production report that he sends in to his employer to get paid. There is a separate sheet that has a list of available units with three columns; 1)Unit ID, 2) Description, 3)Unit price. I would like to somehow make it so all he has to do is type in the Unit ID on the corresponding cell on the production report and have it automatically fill in the correct description, unit price & when he enters t...

Syntax Error In ALTER TABLE Command
I would like to change the data type of a column of integers to date/time format. I'm using this command in a MS Access 2003 macro RunSQL -> ALTER TABLE ExpTable MODIFY Activation_DT DATETIME. I have chosen No for the Use Transaction parameter. I've "Googled" the Internet for a resolution, but am having some difficulties finding my way out of this error. Would anyone have a suggestion? Many thanks, Kenny Vick kenny_vick@playstation.sony.com In news:33C0F407-9BA8-4377-A9E8-D7AE76F96895@microsoft.com, Kenny Vick <Kenny Vick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Outlook 2003
Is there a text file to edit on the computer for this list, opposed to doing it in outlook 2003? No. The list is still built dynamically when you add senders to the list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer BoDEAN <jbo@not_a_valid_email_addy.com> asked: | Is there a text file to edit on the computer for this list, opposed to | doing it in outlook 2003? ...

To MS: bug report for Outlook 2003
Hello, I did not find any website to submit a bug report, so I use this newsgroup. Outlook 2003, german, all updates applied (22 july 05) Problems with rules: I have about 15 email accounts defined and about 30 rules. When I create a rule to move received email to an other folder, and when using 'Emails received on this account' this is not working problerly: For some rules the wrong account is used. When I edit the rule in the list a wrong account is displayed (and is used for the rule) but when I click to change the account, the correct account is dispalyed. I have imported 30...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Outloo 2003 pst files
I upgraded office xp with office 2003 beta....on Nov 30th when beta expired i went back to using office xp..all works apart from i am unable to access the pst files i created when i was using outloo 2003...any advice on how i can access these files?? pls reply to my email: tahir_uk@yahoo.com Thanks Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Tahir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

Converting Access 2002 to Access 2003 Database
Hi My company has just updated to Window Xp professional ( Operating System ) and Microsoft Office Xp professional. Previous version were Window 2000 and Microsoft Office Xp professional. I have quite few Access database design in Access 2002 ( ie Office Xp ) When I try to convert this database to Access 2003, it gave me error, saying I need to download and update " Microsoft Jet 4.0 service pack 8". I downloaded and updated my systems. When I try to open this database, I get following error " Security Warning : Unsafe expressions are not blocked. Microsoft jet 4.0 service ...

Outlook / Exchange 2003 user connection problem
Ok, we are doing our Outlook configuration in a two step process first we add the Computer to the domain ( not the user ). Then we configure Outlook with the exchange server and user information. All of our users are created and have a default password. Problem is that when we go to setup Outlook we are only able to setup 2 - 5 computers a day. After we get 2 - 5 setup, when we try to install/configue another Outlook client we receive a message that say Cannot connect to Exchange server or Exchange server does not exist. But if we wait a day and go back to setting up Outlook again we are ab...

Move Local Folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003
I received Office 2003 as a gift. I added a new email account in Outlook 2003, so hopefully my mail will stop going to Outlook Express and start arriving at Outlook 2003. Can I move my local folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. If so how. Bob J ...

opening a word 2003 document with word 2007
I created some documents on Word 2003 and have been unable to open them with Word 2007. I tried saving them as .docx and .rtf on Word 2003 with no luck. The posts that I have seen thus far have not helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? What happens when you try? Word 2007 should have no difficulty opening Word 2003 documents or RTF documents. Word 2003 can only save docx format if it has the compatibility pack installed. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word...

RPC Error
When attempting to run the executable, I get the following error message... "A system componant, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server, is not configured properly." I checked the RPC services and everything appears to be running fine. This error is coming up on many of my clone machines. Any ideas? Hi, first when i read this i think "Trojaner or Virus" Please check for it. Cause the Loveson kill the RPC Service. >-----Original Message----- >When attempting to run the executable, I get the >following error message... "A system c...

Compatibility between Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5
Are there any compatibility issues between Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5? We installed about 30 PCs with Outlook 2003. We configured them to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server, NOT using "Cached Exchange Mode." When users switch from Calendar to Inbox and back or from Notes to Inbox and back, there is a noticeable delay--about 5-10 seconds--and we get a pop-up balloon in the systray that the client is trying to connect and retrieve information from the Exchange server. We are on a 100Mbps switched network and each client has 100Mbps connection on the PC. The server also has a 10...

error when reinstalling XP Pro
thHi, I have a Dell Latitude D620. That was having some issues with ethernet and wireless connections. Nothing really found as fas as malware or viruses, without updates of course. I tried to do a windows repair from the XP CD and right when it shows starting windows to choose repair or install windows I get a blue screen with the error... PCI.SYS-address F76130BF base at F76000000 Date stamp 3B7D855C. I tried a few times and even set the BIOS to minimal. Then I pulled the hard drive out and connected to another laptop using a usb cradle, formated the drive and put it back in th...

Error when trying to create reports
I am getting an error: There has been an error reading or writing the file '.' Anyone know how to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Peggy wrote: >I am getting an error: There has been an error reading >or writing the file '.' > >Anyone know how to fix this? See if any of these resembles your situation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281865&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185848&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321085&Product=mny Thank you, Cal!!...

#REF! errors due to number of rows
Hello, I hope this problem description makes sense. If not, I can try again. I have a spreadsheet that imports data from a csv file. I've set up a button to refresh the data from the csv file. The spreadsheet uses columns A thru BS and then hides many of the columns to give an "Inventory Report". This report shows columns like Item, Description, Bin Location, On Hand, Cost, Last Sales, etc. The spreadsheet then creates a final column titled "Extension" which is Cost x On Hand. This final column, Extension, is a calculation and not imported from the csv file. At t...

How does Outlook 2003 handle the MIME type message/rfc822?
Hello, could anyone tell me excactly how Microsoft Outlook 2003 handles the MIME mediatype "message/rfc822"? The reason I am asking is because I am currently working on a gateway to convert mail from a custom format to the rfc2822/rfc2045-2049 specification(s). In this custom format, it is entirely possible for a mail message to have whole mail messages attached. It seemed like this would be easily solved by using the message/rfc822-type to include the entire mail, but this turned out to be a problem if the attatched mail was itself a MIME multipart-message. In that case, Outlook si...

Outlook 2002 Error 0x80042109
I am unable to send or receive messages. Having spoken to my service provider at length (1 hour)- Blueyonder, it has been established that there is nothing wrong with the server, or the account and the other PC networked with mine can send and receive messages (it has Outlook 2000). My Webmail works. Triple checked the Norton anti-virus set up. No problems there. Finally advised, as last resort, to consult Microsoft. How do I resolve this? Thanks Caroline ...

Outlook 2003 hangs opening msg with attachments
I just upgraded to Office 2003 from Office XP on Windows XP Pro. Outlook 2002 worked just fine. Now Outlook 2003 three hangs often, especially when I am trying to open a message and almost always when the message has an attachment. Sometimes I can go to the file menu and open it from there but from the right-click menu or double-clicking it hangs sometimes with no attachment and almost always if there is an attachment. Anyone know how to fix this? Lee Robinson ...

Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or Enterprise. I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB limit. Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise? What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. No you don't. You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are planning on doing clustering. I'm sure there are some other things it will get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions. -...

Strange error message
Using Excel 2002. When I save the workbook (has many formulas and macros) I get this message: "Your formula contains an invlaid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the pathe, workbook and range name or cell reference are correct and try again." OK I press OK and it saves. The workbook operates OK otherwise. How can I find the "invalid external reference" Glen Glen, I hope this works...first time on here, looking for a formula for "between" anyhow... you have copied some formulas which have references to cells in ther workbooks - they are li...