OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Greetings,

When I attempt to create, reply or forward to a message in OWA 2003, the appropriate
window opens, but is blue/grey in color, and contains only this text, centered in the
window:

! An unknown error happened.

The exclamation point is dark red, the text is black.

I've dumped the client browser cache, removed all unnecessary controls in
"C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files", and rebooted the system.  I've cleared the SSL
state.  I've reset the browser advanced settings.

The problem persists.  Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Tim ==
(substitute 'tcsys.com' for  'nospam.co.uk')
_________________

Visit the Surrender Dorothy web !! (http://dorothyrocks.com)
Visit the Crunch Monkey web !! (http://crunchmonkey.com)
0
tim9515 (4)

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:10:41 -0500, Timothy J. Trace <tim@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>! An unknown error happened.

In my environment, installing EX2K3 SP1 cured this problem.  YMMV.
0
tim9515 (4)
7/9/2004 5:54:44 AM
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 00:54:44 -0500, Timothy J. Trace <tim@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>In my environment, installing EX2K3 SP1 cured this problem.  YMMV.

The problem has returned and I did nothing.  I was in bed for 6 hours, then checked my
mail and tried to compose a new message.  "! An unknown error happened."

I've repeated my client-cleansing steps from my previous post, and the problem persists.

I've bounced the MSA and the IS, and IIS.  No luck.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to resolve this situation?

Thanks,

Tim ==
0
tim9515 (4)
7/9/2004 2:28:22 PM
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:28:22 -0500, Timothy J. Trace <tim@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>The problem has returned and I did nothing.  I was in bed for 6 hours, then checked my
>mail and tried to compose a new message.  "! An unknown error happened."

I've isolated the problem to a single client computer.  As luck would have it, it's my
personal notebook.  :->

I've since reapplied XP-SP1.  I've reinstalled IE6 from the original XP media, and
reapplied the patches.  Still no luck.

I'm really hoping that one of my fellow Exchange admins has seen this behaviour before...?
Reloading this notebook just to solve an OWA problem is a huge PITA.

Thanks,

Tim ==
0
tim9515 (4)

Strange error in CRM view
We have three CRM 4.0 servers using the same database. On one of the servers on two occasions, the activity history view has started throwing exceptions. The current activities can be viewed without problem. I don't have the full detail of the exception to hand. However, it was of the "Server cannot process request" variety. If we issue an IISRESET, the problem goes away. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Hi Richard; You might have run into some database locking/blocking issues. Activities in CRM are problematic, especially when you have a large number of Outlook ...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

POP3 conflict OL2000/2003
I have a problem affecting W2K users having roaming profiles and different versions of Outlook installed on different computers. I wonder if anyone has a solution to this other than the most obvious to just upgrade everyone to Office 2003 right away. Network is W2K Server with W2K Pro workstation. All users have roaming profiles. User's Desktop has Office 2003 Professional installed. Outlook 2003 is configured for both Exchange 2000 and POP3 accounts. User's Notebook still has Office 2000 Professional installed. Outlook on it was configured identically. Once the user&...

Outlook 2003 #129
I have recently installed office 2003. I'm having a problem with outlook. It runs fine, and I have no problems with it, but when I close it, the process still stays open in task manager. Also, because of that the outlook and office icons stay in my taskbar until I close it. Also, if I don't end the process in task manager, it takes a long time to load the next time I open it. I have winxp pro sp1, p4 2.4, 768Mg Ram,. Any ideas, thank you very much in advance for any help. ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Error when opening program
I have Outlook98 loaded on my WindowsXP computer. It has worked fine for a long time till it downloaded a spam email, then locked up the program. Now when I try to open the program, I get the following: Outlook.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I can not find where the "inbox" is, to delete all the emails in it. Do you have any suggestions, other than deleteing the program? Thank You. ...

English Translation to Spanish ver 2003
Hello, While working in a Calendar, I am trying to convert my English to Spanish. I have add the spanish to the list via the Microsoft Tools and selected spanish and added it. I rebooted the computer and tested it again and it is not converting the texts from english to spanish. -- Thanks, Katie Are you certain you are selecting the correct Spanish version when you are in Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Word 2007 application error--doc locked
Hi, I can no longer work in Word 2007. I get an error msg that reads something like 'modification is not allowed..." I have read all the comments, and have determined that I probably have not yet activated the software. I did buy a MS Ofc Suite when I purchased a (supposedly) new laptop, and therefore do have a product key #. However, I cannot activate the software because the buttons in it are all locked. I attempted to open other programs, such as Excel, but it's locked also. I should add that my computer crashed (the ostensibly brand new one) last Dec and I...

Excell 2003 'Research' bug
When one clicks the 'Research' icon on the Standard toolbar, then does a 'Search for' with the default 'All Reference Books' list item, Excel crashes. Selecting any individual item on the list works except for either of the 'Thesaurus: Spanish()' options. Not a big deal, but it's irritating to have to change the default 'All Research Sites' to avoid the crash. Is there a way to eliminate these list options, or other fix available? Thanks Fred -Irvine, California Fred Which causes the crash? First you state "All Reference Books&q...

re: slow OWA

Office 2003
Since a few days ago, I have started to receive the warning shown below every time I start Outlook. I have no idea where this comes from or how to resolve it Help Thanks "This file contains macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running under high security level thse macros will be disabled" I found the answer. It is the macro security setting in MS Office. What I don't know is how it got changed from medium to high "Jim McColl" <jamccoll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:B749422D-D6DE-4938-AAB4-5FABE8A3C61E@microsoft.com... &g...

Cannot start Outlook 2003 #2
Error messeage: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. ...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Error 425
hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked by another application." what does this error 425 means?? pls help asap. thanks "Kworx" <hk_lim@kworx.com.my> ha scritto nel messaggio news:5CC54B26-6552-43B4-81C6-3BCF253C7FF5@microsoft.com... > hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. > > "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked > by > another application." > >...

How can I connect a SharePoint 2007 library to Outlook 2003?
How can I connect a SharePoint 2007 shared documents library to Outlook 2003? ...

Outlook errors after recent patches
I am having the Outlook has encountered errors on many of my SFO users. I have contacted MS and was given hotfix 931270. I applied to my CRM Server as instructed, but this client side patch will not install on any of my systems? It comes back telling me that I do not have permissions to update Windows (if run by domain user w/ local admins) or if I run as a domain admin it comes back telling me the installed version is different than the version the update is trying to apply? CRM 3.0.5300.0 Will the Vista compatible SFO resolve this problem? Also i am not running Rollup1 on the serv...

Excel 2003 #2
Does the new version of excel contain more than 65,536 lines withing a workbook? If not, is there a way to create additional lines, over and above the 65,536? Excel is used in a very specific program that we have, and adding workbooks is NOT an option. We do multiple searches (of columns) and need text in one workbook. If you have an answer, please e-mail me directly at the above address. Thanks for your assistance. Also 65,536 Leigh in 2003 But you can search in more sheets also Is this not a option? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl &...

import .CSV file to XP EXcel 2003 worksheet, the seperator is com.
Download a .CSV file from internet to Windows XP Excel 2003 (SP1). The text delimitor is comma. How do I change the worksheet to have the text delimited by column? that means each text filed is imported into each column. Thank you ML Change the .csv extension to .txt then open that *.txt file. The Text Import Wizard will appear and you can parse your data with "delimited by" comma. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:19:02 -0800, "ML" <ML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Download a .CSV file from internet to Windows XP Excel 2003 (SP1). The t...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

Cannot view pictures in publisher 2003
All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:49:02 +0000, louelk wrote (in article <DED454B9-A06F-4222-89DC-59C4E6BA27AF@microsoft.com>): > All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can > view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 It didn't cross your mind to *SEARCH* then? You didn't think to look whether anyone else might conceivably have had the same issue and solved it? No, of course it didn't.. I don't care if this *IS* you...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager skipping mailbox
Hi, We had migrated 800 mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 for our site (Site A). Our Exchange 5.5 servers are still around and there are still other Exchange 5.5 sites within the Org; therefore we are still in mixed mode. We have enabled Mailbox Manager settings on the Recipient Policy for Site A. The Mailbox Manger works pretty well for a week but for the past 3 days, it did not. Instead of processing all the 800 mailboxes, it only processed 45, 122 and 5 mailboxes for the last 3 days respectively. I tries manually runing the mailbox manager but still no luck. I enable...