Outlook97 can't access Exchange Server 5.0

Hi,

When ever I try to go into the control panel and configure the mail option,
I receive a "information store couldn't be open" error message. I've removed
and reinstalled Outlook97 but still receive the same message. I've also
installed client for Exchange with the same result.

Workstation: Windows NT 4.0 w/office97

What would be the proper way to resolve the problem?

Thanks!

0
stravis (1)

"Travis S." <stravis@hotmail.com> wrote:

>When ever I try to go into the control panel and configure the mail option,
>I receive a "information store couldn't be open" error message. I've removed
>and reinstalled Outlook97 but still receive the same message. I've also
>installed client for Exchange with the same result.
>
>Workstation: Windows NT 4.0 w/office97
>
>What would be the proper way to resolve the problem?

Install Exchange 2003 and Office 2003.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Problem transfering database from Access 2000 to Access 2003
Hi all I am having problems with a database which has been running for number of years. It was set up in Access 2000 and windows 98se. I hav now transferred the database to a new machine, running Office 2003 an Win. XP. The Mail Merge automation now does not work and gives me Run time error�432� File Name or Class not found during automatio operation. When I use the debug it points to the following line in th code , Set objWord = GetObject("C:\Church Documents\") & strDocName On further investigation objWord =0 And & strDocName= mail.doc, whic is the name of the word do...

Unable to link to split table in Access 2002
The following code works in Access 2000, but does not work in Access 2002. Error is ... Method 'Connection' of object '_Current Project' failed. Can you help me fix this? I'm using Windows XP on both computers. Thanks Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo err_form_open 10 'Print CurrentProject.Connection: Stop Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset 20 rst.Open "qryPropertyProfile", CurrentProject.Connection, _ adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic 'Debug.Print rst!PropertyCode txtTempPropCode.DefaultValue = rst!Pro...

Accessing and opening reports remotely to RMS Store Operations
Hi, I am attempting to access my report functions remotely from my home to my office RMS. I have the connectivity via pcAnyware, but not sure if I need to have the RMS appliciations (HQ and/or SO) running on my remote pc at home to run my inventory and time keeping reports. I am also not sure of the licensing for this to happen. Any help will be greatly appriciated. Using PCanywhere won't require RMS to be installed on the local PC and doesn't violate the license agreement. PCanywhere sends screen updates to the remote PC and mouse clicks and keystrokes to the remote PC. All...

Exchange not releasing mailbox size
I'll try to explain this as best as I can. I have Exchage 200, and I've implemented 100 MB limit on all users. With some users even though they are deleting stuff from the mailbox, their size just increases until it reaches 100 MB and they are blocked. But, on Outlook their showing lot less then 100 MB, so their actual size is not 100MB but lets say 50MB or 40MB. Any solution for this ? Are the users clearing their deleted items folder as well? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Drilon&q...

cannot access crm from branch office
Hi all, Recently I moved my crm server to a new machine. It is located on the headquarter(HQ) office. All user in HQ office can access it both from IE and from crm outlook client without any problem. The problem is all user in branch office cannot access crm from crm outlook client! Everytime I set URL when doing configuration wizard, the error message below will appear: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM%20-%20Jakarta%20error/error1.jpg I also tried to use computer full name and IP computer address. Then the error message will appear ...

Cannot access LDAP address book with Outlook 2002
Hi, I can successfully connect to our LDAP address book with Outlook 2003 client with the SPA (secure password authentication) check box checked. But there's no such option in the LDAP address book access config page in Outlook 2002. Would anyone know a workaround to this problem? I tried searching everywhere without success. Thanks in advance Isn't there at least one expert on this planet who could answer this? Thanks BadCop wrote: > Hi, > > I can successfully connect to our LDAP address book with Outlook 2003 > client with the SPA (secure password authentication)...

what antivirus to use on OWA 2003 server?
We're a McAfee customer, so discussion is limited to that. Use flat file scanning, such as NetShield, or GroupShield Exchange? regards, Jim "Jim Bronson" <JnM_Bronson@hotmail.com> wrote: >We're a McAfee customer, so discussion is limited to that. > >Use flat file scanning, such as NetShield, or GroupShield Exchange? there's really no such thing as an owa 2003 server. all e2k and e2k3 servers fall into that category. if you're asking about a front-end server, they only act as protocol proxies, so putting e-mail aware av software on them is kinda ...

can't access databases publisher 2002
I, too, get the errors stating ...because of dialog or database engine failures. I cannot open works or Access files. I tried the fixes to the MDAC and Jet to no avail. I wonder if all us with the problem are running XP Media Center Edition? Any cure? Does 2003 publisher fix this? What is your error? Where is your data? If it is on a removable media source you cannot merge a read only file. Copy it over to your hard drive. Right-click the data source, and then click Properties. On the General tab, click to clear the Read-only check box for attributes. It would be helpful to know th...

Non accessibility to attachments
I have a message on email "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:xxxxx.efx". I've only seen this on the eFax messages. My hard drive was replaced and all software was reloaded recently. I've had this problem since this occurance, but can not determine what if anything was improperly installed. Any suggestions to how this data can be accessed for current items in "In Box" and future receipts? Any help would be very much appreciated. Warren Heckendorn Please see the following article. 329570 Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in...

Client Access Server for Exchange 2003
Hi, I setup a 2007 Client Access server (no mailbox). But it seem the owa cannot get the information of user in Exchange 2003. It always show error: "The mailbox may be stored on a Microsoft Exchange 2000 or Microsoft Exchange 2003 server," I'm protected by SpamBrave http://www.spambrave.com/ On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:50:03 +0800, <HB> wrote: >Hi, I setup a 2007 Client Access server (no mailbox). But it seem the owa >cannot get the information of user in Exchange 2003. It always show error: >"The mailbox may be stored on a Microsoft Exchange 2000 or Micros...

access 1 to access 2000
Is there any way to convert a file created in Access 1 to access 2000? "tngiants" <tngiants@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > Is there any way to convert a file created in Access 1 to access 2000? I believe you will first have to convert the Access 1 database to Access 2 and then you can convert the Access 2 database to Access 2000. Note that, if you used any Application Programming Interface (API) calls in the Access 1 or 2 code, those will be 16-bit Windows technology and the calls will have to be changed (though all, or certainly most, of those API ca...

[Info] Download Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Unleashed (Adobe Reader)
http://www.informit.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0768674573&rl=1 ...

Access Report
On my Report I have a Page Header that has my column names, a Category Header that has my Categories and then my Detail. How do I sum up my Categories after each heading? Do I have to create another Header? ANO $400,000 10% $5000 15% $600,000 15% $8000 14% I WANT TO SUM UP ANO DATA HERE BEN $400,000 10% $5000 15% $600,000 15% $8000 14% You want a Category Footer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) &...

Is is possible to make Exchange 5.5 relay mail using SMTP?
I am currently in the process of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. I would like to have 5.5 send mail to other 2003 Exchange Servers in the orginization via SMTP rather than X.400. Is this possible? How can I accomplish this. Thank You. Why you do you need 5.5 to do that ? you can configure your Exchange 2003 to do that , you can confiugre SMTP connectors between your exchange servers to deliver internal emails if you don't want to you X.400. Regards Alaa Alian Al-Ankar Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Duplicate detection feature of CRM 4.0
Hi, I have a query regarding duplicate detection jobs in CRM 4 .0.CRM 4.0 allows jobs to search for duplicates at the time specified at the time of creation and allows it to recur after a period of 7, 30, 90,180 or 365 days. If suppose I have already created a duplicate detection job for say active accounts. I create duplicate records account 1 and account 2 with same email address. The duplicate detection window pops up while creating the account 2 record. But the duplicate records will not be updated in the details section as the job was created prior to creation of the records.It can ...

Business Portal 4.0 Problems with SharePoint 3.0 (WSS 3.0)
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here who has experience in Business Portal could help me out here. I have Installed Business Portal 4.0 on our SharePoint Services (WSS 3.0) and it seems to be running fine. But when I try to remove a user from the Business Portal list, I get this error: System.Exception: soap:Server Server was unable to process request --> The subscriber type in the subscription is invalid. PublisherAssemblyName: Microsoft.BusinessFramework PublisherClass: Microsoft.BusinessFramework.User PublisherEvent: Deleting SubscriberAssemblyName: Microsoft.Dynamics.R...

Direct Access?
Is DirectAccess available for use when utilizing Small Business Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 Ent/Ult? I have been trying to find this around the internet but have yet to stumble across a good, clear answer. Any assistance would be appreciated. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01CA7DA8.AEA2C100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Direct Access is a feature of Windows Server 2008 R2, which is not a = part of SBS 2008. Maybe we'll see more on this in the next version of = ...

Sql Server express 2005 trying to install BIDS
I downloaded the only setup program for the Toolkit for sql server express 2005 and am trying to install just BIDS which I do not have on my system but I'm getting an error that says it is already there and the details say: Name: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools Reason: Your upgrade is blocked. For more information about upgrade support, see the "Version and Edition Upgrades" and "Hardware and Software Requirements" topics in SQL Server 2005 Setup Help or SQL Server 2005 Books Online. Build version check: Your upgrade is blocked because the existing com...

Accessing Outlook from the internet
Is it possible to access the contents of Outlook via the internet ? I know there is a webmail feature of Exchange that allows you to access Outlook folders, etc, but I don't run Exchange on my PC at home. My PC is always switched on, and I would like to be able to access my email when away from home (e.g. from Internet Cafe's or Libraries) without having to configure Outlook Express (assuming it's installed). I have a static IP address and run Apache on the PC, so I don't have a problem with permissions to run software, cgi's, etc to enable access. Any help or ...

Exchange 2003 and Multiple external Domain Names
I currently have a situation that not sure how to handle. The company that I do consulting for is changing their company name from company1.com to company2.com. Curretnly they have a internaly domain called company1.com and a external domain also called company1.com with a exchange 2003 server internally and a external mx record pointing mail.company1.com. Since now they are looking to change the company name they purchase another domain name called company2.com, the idea is to create aliases in the same exchange server to accept mail in behalf on both domains until the old company name...

Problem Ms-Outlook x Exchange Server 5.5
Hi. My problem is too simple: I have a Exchange Server 5.5 behind a Proxy Server 2.0. My clients is Ms-Outlook 97, 98 and 2000. When I send a mail using OE to a external mail, the message sent normally. When I send a mail using MS-Outlook, the message take a long time (1 hour). What it can be? Thanks Checked your message queue on the Exchange server already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joao Alfredo" <Joao Alfredo@discussions...

Move from ISP hosted Exchange to Inhouse Solution
Hello, We are a growing company who is going to migrate from an ISP hosted Exchange solution to an inhouse solution. We are currently using Outlook 2003 sp2 to connect to our mailboxes via RPC over HTTP. Questions: I was told one way to do the switchover was to export all mailboxes to .psts and later import them into Outlook. But if we are already using .osts (cached mode) wont the mailboxes already be on the local machines and any new mail will just arrive in the same mailbox? I mean to say if all I do is change the the name of the server wont Outlook find the new empty mailbox and deliver...

Access XP to Access 97 Conversion Problems
Background Information: I developed a complex Access database system for tracking construction projects around our city. Several external agencies are required by city ordinance to enter their project information into this database so we can coordinate work efforts in the right of way. There are approximately 150 users of this system, two rather large agencies have not upgraded from Office 97. I need to make this resource available to them as soon as possible. The original design of this system took several months and I cannot invest any more time into development for Access 97. Step...

One more exchange ?
I'm somewhat new to this particular scenerio. The domain for AD is an internal domain (domain.int), that wont cause problems with exchange, correct? I just need to change the user e-mail in AD users and groups to user@domain.com, correct, or do I have more that I need to do, or need to set the AD domain to a public domain (domain.com)? No, it won't. There is an article here, that outlines the general steps: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Shared_Hosting_Exchange_2003_Part1.html You need to have an MX record setup for the domain on your external DNS. You need to have the doma...

Freezing when accessing the Contacts List
I'm running Outlook 2000 client on W2K pro with Exchange 2000 (W2K Advanced Server). When creating a new message outlook freezes when trying to access the contacts list. I am able to access the GAL but then when scrolling down to choose a contact from the contacts list it freezes and I have to restart outlook. Did you recently udate outlook? If so, i have the same problem, o sent a post about it (see below) but so far noone has respnded, if you get any help on this plese let me know Patrick shadowwing@hotpop.com The post: Recently I updated my Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 with th...