Outlook interfering with Excel?

Our email server is 2003 running exchange 2003 in a 2000
domain.
The client is running Win 2000 sp 5 and office xp.
The problem is when they are working in Excel and Outlook
is open, when they receive an e-mail, the content of the
cell in which they are working in Excel turns to the 2
letters "jf".  If they do not notice then then the
contents are saved.

Email notification is turned off.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

0
anonymous (74718)

Excel VB
(It seems that nobody could help me with my earlier post (btw help i still required)...) Anyway. I am trying to create a word document using Excel VB. I ca achieve a fair amount, but Excel is not happy about me using th statement: Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdPageBreak Excel doesn't recognise wdPageBreak, and instead sees it as a undefine variable. So, does anybody know how to create a page break in Excel VB? thanks, Robert Bat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com what is wdPageBreak HPageBreaks = Horizontal and VPageBreak = Vertical "robbath >" <...

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

making boxplot in excel 2007
Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007. I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007 edition. I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot. The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the data-points so I can't see median ect. Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines at the bottom just like when u change the order of several...

Excel 2002: how to incr font size in option button text
In the Properties of the button, select the right pane of the Font line, dropdown the ... and select the font and size required. jdm1051 Wrote: > -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395719 If it's an option button from the Forms toolbar, you can't change the font size. If it's an option button from the Control toolbox: On the Control toolbox, click ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

excel format errors
whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it takes my value and divides it by 10,000. For example, if I enter 34, it returns .00034. If I enter 34.0, it returns 34. All cells are formatted as General, with no indication of any special formatting applied to them. This has happened not only on my machine but also on several other machines around here. Tools > Options > Edit tab and uncheck the "Fixed Decimals" box. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it >takes my value and divides...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

how do I display a hyperlink in a seperate cell in excel?
I have a spreadsheet that has emails hyperlinked. I simply want to display those emails in another cell Saved from a previous post: One way to extract those URL's from a hyperlink created via Insert|Hyperlink is with a userdefinedfunction. Here's one that may help: Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If Rng.Hyperlinks.Count = 0 Then GetURL = "" Else GetURL = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address End If End Function So if you had a hyperlink in A1, you could put =getURL(a1) in that a...

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Payroll
Has anyone come across the following error message when attempting to import an excel file for payroll? "Base paycode can only consist of letters." ...

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Excel Workbook too large
I have created 3 workbooks which contain 1 worksheet each. Two of th worksheets each contain formulas which return data from variou different fields in the same third worksheet. These 2 workbooks should be identical with the exception being that th formulas point to different field locations in the third worksheet. I created the second worksheet by copying the first one and the editing the formulas as required to point to different fields on th third worksheet. The first workbook is 140k and the second is 1.03Mb. Could someone give me an idea as to why this might be this way, o whe...

Outlook 2007