Outlook client cannot contact exchange 2000

Hello All,

I have an Exchange 2000 box that had a public IP. I changed the server to a
static private IP. I set the client to a DHCP address on the same scope.
After a reboot the outlook program cannot seem to find the server. If I do a
"check name" it will resolve but will not connect. This issue is network
wide; every machine is having the same issue. I can't seem to pin it down to
anything specific.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Peretz Stern

Hi,
  try stop and staring the information store service in
your exchange server.

 Previously all your clients were configured to use
exchange server through its old internet ip address, so
now when you open outlook it is looking for the same old
ip address, so what you do is, you need to reconfigure all
outlook clients to use the new private ip address which
you have assigned to your exchange server.

here is the procedure.. right click on outlook- click
properties- hilight the profile name- click properties-now
on microsoft exchange server give the private ip address
of your exchange server- apply- ok. same procedure to all
clients.

Thanks
zia

0
anonymous (74721)
2/23/2004 8:03:32 AM
I changed nothing. everything worked until the IP change. the client can
resolve the server. So does check name.

Thanks

"lukebrennan" <lukebrennan@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> > I have an Exchange 2000 box that had a public IP. I changed the server
to a
> > static private IP. I set the client to a DHCP address on the same scope.
> > After a reboot the outlook program cannot seem to find the server. If I
do a
> > "check name" it will resolve but will not connect. This issue is network
> > wide; every machine is having the same issue. I can't seem to pin it
down to
> > anything specific.
>
> Is this only affecting Outlook clients?
> Does it happen with MAPI only? IMAP? POP?
> Can you ping the server by name and number?
>  From the client? From the DC?
> Does this only occur with existing profiles?
> Does a new profile experience the problem?
> Have you bounced the server?
>
> Luke

> I have an Exchange 2000 box that had a public IP. I changed the server to a
> static private IP. I set the client to a DHCP address on the same scope.
> After a reboot the outlook program cannot seem to find the server. If I do a
> "check name" it will resolve but will not connect. This issue is network
> wide; every machine is having the same issue. I can't seem to pin it down to
> anything specific.

Is this only affecting Outlook clients?
Does it happen with MAPI only? IMAP? POP?
Can you ping the server by name and number?
 From the client? From the DC?
Does this only occur with existing profiles?
Does a new profile experience the problem?
Have you bounced the server?

Luke

setting up outlook 2003 connection to exchange server 2003
Hi my desktop disks crashed 7 months ago and I have been using my laptop (win 2k pro sp4 and outlook 2003 with vpn) for this time SUCCESSFULLY. I built a new desktop using win 2k SERVER (for the raid-mirror function). I am using the SAME settings to configure the outlook 2003 client in BOTH cases (hosts file in same location as in win2k pro, email account name, server name and vpn settings, authentication). in the article Q155048 the suggestion is made to ping the server, oddly enough I CANNOT ping microsoft.com nor the outsourced exchange server (time out), when the vpn is runni...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2007 runs slow

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Contacts onto a Mysql database
Hello, I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. So main features would be to migrate large amounts of data and contacts every day. The migration would be done manually. Thanks for the help On Tue, 4 May 2010 08:53:01 -0700, Guertas <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. >I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. > >So main features woul...

COM failure during client install?
I am still having problems with the install of the desktop client. My log fileshows the following 15:53:21| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete 15:53:21| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = C0000005 15:53:21| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(error = 3221225477) (pstinstaller.cpp:CPstInstaller::DoInstallPst:216). 15:53:21| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000005): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcep...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

Outlook 2003

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI
When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the same email address. We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy - /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2] I deleted the public folder b...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Outlook 2003 Contact data

How do I read Pub XP version on Pub 2000 version?
I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publisher for Windows XP and would like to open it on my husbands computer shere he works to access his colored laser printer. He has Windows 98 and MS Publisher 2000. Tried but box ays "publisher cannot open in different version". You need to do a "Save As" and save it as a Pub 2000 file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "skibbydo" <skibbydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D35BC07-C38B-404D-A7B8-69E1D7BB3721@microsoft.com... >I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publi...

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

Contact use?
I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below, company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below. create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, Bill@company.com "@company.com being organisation email address" and Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to Bill@company.com will fir...