sp2 and are located in AD site2, there is a DS3 connection between AD site1
and AD site2 no problems with the connection or speed of the connection.  I
have two questions

#1 When outlook is connected to the network and using rpc and tcp/ip how
does it call the exchange web services to find OOF, availibility, OAB? does
it use tcp/ip or https ? and what server is it directly connecting with ? is
it the CAS box or the MBX server.  When I do a  test email autoconfiguration
using the outlook client, under protocol:Exchange RPC but the services are
located at http:// this is why I am confused

#2 if a user is in cached mode is there any type of delay when publishing
the mailboxes free\busy data to the availability service? and does the
outlook client publish the data to the availability service, or does the
availability service look at the mailbox determines the free\busy data and
then stores or publishes this data?

Many thanks

0
sawyer

1.  Outlook 2007 wants to use HTTP(S) for out of office, availabiltity and
the offline address book.  It will communicate with the CAS server you see
listed in Test E-mail AutoConfiguration.
2.  There is always some delay in publishing free/busy data.  As I
understand the availability service, it looks into the users' actual
calendars at the time of the request, so it should have a minimum delay.  It
doesn't maintain separate free-busy data like with legacy public
folder-based free-busy data.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> running Exchange 2007 sp2, the cas and mbx server are on separate boxes
> and are both located in AD site1. The user community is all running
> Outlook 2007 sp2 and are located in AD site2, there is a DS3 connection
> between AD site1 and AD site2 no problems with the connection or speed of
> the connection.  I have two questions
>
> #1 When outlook is connected to the network and using rpc and tcp/ip how
> does it call the exchange web services to find OOF, availibility, OAB?
> does it use tcp/ip or https ? and what server is it directly connecting
> with ? is it the CAS box or the MBX server.  When I do a  test email
> autoconfiguration using the outlook client, under protocol:Exchange RPC
> but the services are located at http:// this is why I am confused
>
> #2 if a user is in cached mode is there any type of delay when publishing
> the mailboxes free\busy data to the availability service? and does the
> outlook client publish the data to the availability service, or does the
> availability service look at the mailbox determines the free\busy data and
> then stores or publishes this data?
>
> Many thanks

0
Ed
12/10/2009 6:56:49 PM
so if the Outlook client is directly connected to the network and is using
TCP/IP and not http, the client will still make a connection to the CAS
server using https ?

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
> 1.  Outlook 2007 wants to use HTTP(S) for out of office, availabiltity and
> the offline address book.  It will communicate with the CAS server you see
> listed in Test E-mail AutoConfiguration.
> 2.  There is always some delay in publishing free/busy data.  As I
> understand the availability service, it looks into the users' actual
> calendars at the time of the request, so it should have a minimum delay.
> It doesn't maintain separate free-busy data like with legacy public
> folder-based free-busy data.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Hello all
>>
>> running Exchange 2007 sp2, the cas and mbx server are on separate boxes
>> and are both located in AD site1. The user community is all running
>> Outlook 2007 sp2 and are located in AD site2, there is a DS3 connection
>> between AD site1 and AD site2 no problems with the connection or speed of
>> the connection.  I have two questions
>>
>> #1 When outlook is connected to the network and using rpc and tcp/ip how
>> does it call the exchange web services to find OOF, availibility, OAB?
>> does it use tcp/ip or https ? and what server is it directly connecting
>> with ? is it the CAS box or the MBX server.  When I do a  test email
>> autoconfiguration using the outlook client, under protocol:Exchange RPC
>> but the services are located at http:// this is why I am confused
>>
>> #2 if a user is in cached mode is there any type of delay when publishing
>> the mailboxes free\busy data to the availability service? and does the
>> outlook client publish the data to the availability service, or does the
>> availability service look at the mailbox determines the free\busy data
>> and then stores or publishes this data?
>>
>> Many thanks

0
sawyer
12/10/2009 8:23:55 PM
HTTP and TCP/IP are not mutually exclusive.  HTTP runs on top of TCP/IP.
Outlook Anywhere just uses the RPC Proxy service in Windows to encapsulate
RCP traffic in HTTP packets (which run on top of TCP/IP).  Whether or not
you use Outlook Anywhere the traffic still goes to the same endpoint.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> so if the Outlook client is directly connected to the network and is using
> TCP/IP and not http, the client will still make a connection to the CAS
> server using https ?
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> 1.  Outlook 2007 wants to use HTTP(S) for out of office, availabiltity
>> and the offline address book.  It will communicate with the CAS server
>> you see listed in Test E-mail AutoConfiguration.
>> 2.  There is always some delay in publishing free/busy data.  As I
>> understand the availability service, it looks into the users' actual
>> calendars at the time of the request, so it should have a minimum delay.
>> It doesn't maintain separate free-busy data like with legacy public
>> folder-based free-busy data.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> Hello all
>>>
>>> running Exchange 2007 sp2, the cas and mbx server are on separate boxes
>>> and are both located in AD site1. The user community is all running
>>> Outlook 2007 sp2 and are located in AD site2, there is a DS3 connection
>>> between AD site1 and AD site2 no problems with the connection or speed
>>> of the connection.  I have two questions
>>>
>>> #1 When outlook is connected to the network and using rpc and tcp/ip how
>>> does it call the exchange web services to find OOF, availibility, OAB?
>>> does it use tcp/ip or https ? and what server is it directly connecting
>>> with ? is it the CAS box or the MBX server.  When I do a  test email
>>> autoconfiguration using the outlook client, under protocol:Exchange RPC
>>> but the services are located at http:// this is why I am confused
>>>
>>> #2 if a user is in cached mode is there any type of delay when
>>> publishing the mailboxes free\busy data to the availability service? and
>>> does the outlook client publish the data to the availability service, or
>>> does the availability service look at the mailbox determines the
>>> free\busy data and then stores or publishes this data?
>>>
>>> Many thanks

0
Ed
12/11/2009 7:09:01 AM
Ok, makes sense thank you for the clarification

> HTTP and TCP/IP are not mutually exclusive.  HTTP runs on top of TCP/IP.
> Outlook Anywhere just uses the RPC Proxy service in Windows to encapsulate
> RCP traffic in HTTP packets (which run on top of TCP/IP).  Whether or not
> you use Outlook Anywhere the traffic still goes to the same endpoint.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote in message
>> so if the Outlook client is directly connected to the network and is
>> using TCP/IP and not http, the client will still make a connection to the
>> CAS server using https ?
>>
>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> 1.  Outlook 2007 wants to use HTTP(S) for out of office, availabiltity
>>> and the offline address book.  It will communicate with the CAS server
>>> you see listed in Test E-mail AutoConfiguration.
>>> 2.  There is always some delay in publishing free/busy data.  As I
>>> understand the availability service, it looks into the users' actual
>>> calendars at the time of the request, so it should have a minimum delay.
>>> It doesn't maintain separate free-busy data like with legacy public
>>> folder-based free-busy data.
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley MVP
>>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>>> .
>>>
>>> "sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote in message

0
sawyer

Crash on 'Send"

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Set request parameters for web services

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Grammar check not working

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Newbie Question: Using Web Services
Hello All. I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success. I've tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp, to no avail. I have followed the example to the letter, but find the information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be somewhat lacking. Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am continually running into an error in line 54: xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(), strAllAccountsFetchXML)); Has anyone else ...

Exchange 2007 across account search

Outlook OOF

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003