Outlook 2003 Exchange 2003 DST

Hello:

First a bit of history:

Last week, in preparation for DST, we selected a few of our remote
offices and ran all the appropriate patches in sequence (as stated in
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues) on Windows 2000 and XP
machines hosting Outlook 2003, and Windows 2000 Servers hosting
Exchange 2003. After patches were applied, the very thing we were
trying to preempt (i.e. Outlook appointments moving up an hour)
happened. Because of this, we decided not to update the remainder 65
offices (each office with a Windows 2000 Server hosting Exchange
2003), and instead waited to see what would happen on March 12 without
the updates.

Today, March 12, ironically, the offices where we did NOT apply
patches we had no trouble. In other words, the PCs time-changed with
no problem and Outlook appointments etc. were unaffected. However, the
test offices which we DID update, all had to be "reset" because they
reflected an hour ahead. By reset, I mean, we brought the PCs and
Servers back to a pre-patch state by exporting and importing registry
keys from PCs and Servers that were never patched.

So, at this point all is well regarding Calendars and Time Zones on
servers and PCs. The problem we now have is that the Sent time on all
mail coming into our organization is now an hour behind. I believe
this to be an Outlook client issue because I was able to play around
with the patches to get the time to reflect correctly, however, the
calendar appointments then were moved ahead one hour as well (which
would mean that they would be wrong by an hour).

My question: Is there a way getting the Sent time to reflect correctly
without having to start the original patching process all over again,
which I'm not even sure it will work. The only reason I think it might
work now is that the time change has already happened.

Drew McCurdy

0
amccurdy (3)

I don't understand how all your PC clocks could be correct if you did not
install the OS patch on the PCs...?  I don't think you will see everything
correctly until you install the patches, rebase the mailboxes, and install
the CDO hotfix on the Exchange servers...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Drew" <amccurdy@uptyme.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> First a bit of history:
>
> Last week, in preparation for DST, we selected a few of our remote
> offices and ran all the appropriate patches in sequence (as stated in
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues) on Windows 2000 and XP
> machines hosting Outlook 2003, and Windows 2000 Servers hosting
> Exchange 2003. After patches were applied, the very thing we were
> trying to preempt (i.e. Outlook appointments moving up an hour)
> happened. Because of this, we decided not to update the remainder 65
> offices (each office with a Windows 2000 Server hosting Exchange
> 2003), and instead waited to see what would happen on March 12 without
> the updates.
>
> Today, March 12, ironically, the offices where we did NOT apply
> patches we had no trouble. In other words, the PCs time-changed with
> no problem and Outlook appointments etc. were unaffected. However, the
> test offices which we DID update, all had to be "reset" because they
> reflected an hour ahead. By reset, I mean, we brought the PCs and
> Servers back to a pre-patch state by exporting and importing registry
> keys from PCs and Servers that were never patched.
>
> So, at this point all is well regarding Calendars and Time Zones on
> servers and PCs. The problem we now have is that the Sent time on all
> mail coming into our organization is now an hour behind. I believe
> this to be an Outlook client issue because I was able to play around
> with the patches to get the time to reflect correctly, however, the
> calendar appointments then were moved ahead one hour as well (which
> would mean that they would be wrong by an hour).
>
> My question: Is there a way getting the Sent time to reflect correctly
> without having to start the original patching process all over again,
> which I'm not even sure it will work. The only reason I think it might
> work now is that the time change has already happened.

> Drew McCurdy

0
sconkey (3059)
3/12/2007 6:50:31 PM
Yes, I am as surprised as you are. We have 700+ PCs and with the
exception of the PCs that we patched, the rest reflect correct times.
I thought that Microsoft wasn't going to include a patch in Windows
Update, but is it possible that they did?

0
amccurdy (3)
3/12/2007 7:04:42 PM
The OS update (KB931836) was released on windows update around 2/13.

- Jeff

> Yes, I am as surprised as you are. We have 700+ PCs and with the
> exception of the PCs that we patched, the rest reflect correct times.
> I thought that Microsoft wasn't going to include a patch in Windows
> Update, but is it possible that they did?

Yes.  As of March 1st, Microsoft set the patches for XP and 2003 as
critical updates so if you automtically download and install the
updates, you would have received the patch.

well, it's easy to find out...go to "add/remove programs" and see if the
patch was installed...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Drew" <amccurdy@uptyme.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I am as surprised as you are. We have 700+ PCs and with the
> exception of the PCs that we patched, the rest reflect correct times.
> I thought that Microsoft wasn't going to include a patch in Windows
> Update, but is it possible that they did?

0
sconkey (3059)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Questing about exchange 2000 server
My company recently had it's T1 internet connection cut so therefore, our exchange 2000 server couldn't receive email. We spoke to another company, X, that agreed to let us dial in, using an ISDN line, to their system to grab a static ip. They've called up our registrar, Network Solutions ,and added two of their own nameservers. They've also assigned 10 mail.x.com as the mx record. So now, all our mails goes to their linux email server, where spam and virus filtering takes place, then gets forwarded to our exchange 2000 server. We are now getting a T1 line from verizon wit...

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

Exchange 5.5- need to increase maximum size for received mail
I need to change either the default maximum received email size for all mailboxes or for one user, but would like to know how to do both. Someone is trying to send a large email and it keeps getting bounced. To increase the limit the user can receive open the users mailbox in Exchange Admin, click the Limits tab and increase the Incoming limit. Please note that by default it is set to "No Limit". I am not sure how to change it for everyone. "Jeremy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f79d01c457cb$487a2ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I nee...

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Excel 2003 Page Breaks
I e-mailed a workbook to a collegue that contained 28 worksheets. On my PC, all the vertical page breaks were set so printing was done on one page for each sheet. On his machine the page break shifted to the left such that some columns were on a second page for each sheet. What can be done to preserve the verticle page break setting. This file will be sent daily and we would like to not need to adjust the page breaks. He probably has a different printer and a different printer driver. Not much you can do about that, except work in very safe distance from the margins. Maybe doing the fin...

FYI Office 2003 Updates Now Available
Visit http://office.microsoft.com and click on Check for Updates Word 2003 Update: KB834702 (Finnish) / Word 2003 Update: KB834702 for Multilingual User Interface Pack (English). This update fixes an issue with the user interface for the Finnish version of Word 2003. The OK button is missing from the Table Properties dialogue box. Access 2003 Danish Update: KB834013 (Danish) / Access 2003 Danish Update for Multilingual User Interface Pack: KB834013 (English). This update from Microsoft prevents a potential error. If this error occurs, the three Danish characters �, � and � do not appear cor...

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...