Outgoing SMTP Problem #2

I am experiencing problems sending to certain domains on new Exchange
2003 Server installation running on 2003 Server (PDC and DNS Server).

I have had similar problems on the previous setup running Exchange 2000
on 2000 and 2003 Server where outgoing SMTP did not fail over to the
next lower priority MX record of the recipient's domain. This was a
known issue and a hotfix was available.

A test SMTP connection to a recipients primary mail host did in fact
fail whereas the third highest accepted mail. Creating an SMTP connector
for this domain to that host solved the problem.

However, mail also fails to a few domains that only have a single MX
record which is available and accepts mail (tested via tenet on port 25).

SMTPdiag.exe sees to hand (or take a lot of time) at "checking SOA for
$recipientdomain"

Also:

Outgoing SMTP is not using external DNS servers (neither is 127.0.0.1
specified as external DNS server - is there a problem leaving this blank?).

Any ideas?

Florian
Admin, FUNNYGARBAGE

On 3/27/06 3:02 PM Florian Feuser /FFF/  wrote:
> I am experiencing problems sending to certain domains on new Exchange
> 2003 Server installation running on 2003 Server (PDC and DNS Server).
>
> I have had similar problems on the previous setup running Exchange
> 2000  on 2000 and 2003 Server where outgoing SMTP did not fail over to
> the  next lower priority MX record of the recipient's domain. This was
> a  known issue and a hotfix was available.

The issue persists - my workaround is sending mail through OS X server (
Postfix SMTP) on our network set up in the default Exchange Connectors
for outgoing SMTP as a smart host.

Obviously this is a workaround - if I cannot find a solution to this
before my trial period expires it will be difficult to justify
purchasing the license for Exchange 2003.

I am experimenting with another virtual SMTP server purely for testing
which uses its own Connector configured to use DNS to route outgoing
mail.

Am I the only one with this issue under Exchange 2003SP3/Windows 2003
SP1?

Florian

#Name? problem
I've switched from 2003 to 2007 and am now having a problem with a report that worked fine before. In the report I have some code in the Groupfooter0 event that calculates some times. One line of the code is this cctime1 = DSum("[Time1]", "[stagestats]", "[Time1] < 999 and class = '" & Class & "'") in the report I have the control source set to =[cctime1] now all I get when the report is run is #Name? in that field. Don't understand why it works in 2003 and not in 2007 any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

SMTP not connecting to Novell SMTP host too
I have the same errror message when I try to telnet from my Server 2003 SP1 server to a Novell Groupwise SMTP server. It works fine from a Windows 2000 workstation, a it always worked before I installed SP1. So the problem seems not to be limited to localhost. ...

big problem
my internet dialer dials frequently. ans i just cant stop it This is not the corredt forum for this question >-----Original Message----- >my internet dialer dials frequently. ans i just cant stop >it > >. > ...

E-mail type both SMTP and FAX?
Hi All, I am trying to send an e-mail to several recipients from a sub-folder of my private contacts in my Outlook 2003, but I get the addresses double - both them with SMTP and FAX. I would like to send only to those contacts having SMTP address, and not any other types - where do I set it up in my options? Thanx in advance, regards Zoran Zoran, you wrote on Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:45:37 +0100: > I am trying to send an e-mail to several recipients from a sub-folder of my > private contacts in my Outlook 2003, but I get the addresses double - both > them with SMTP ...

Can't activate trial version #2
I ordered a trial version and I've tried 3 times to activate it and I keep getting the error message that I used the wrong product key to install it. I double checked it 3 times. HELP! ...

Outgoing mail font issue
I'm running WLM (Build 14.0.8089.0726) under Vista 64-bit with all current updates. I have WLM set to send mail in HTML format, and have also added a signature block with text and images to use on command: Insert/Signature. My default Compose Mail font is 12-point Arial. I also use this same font in the text portion of the signature. The problem is that recipients who use Outlook see all my text as Times New Roman. I was able to go into my signature file (originally created with WLM) and edit the HTML with Notepad, specifying the font and size for the signature text. No...

Absurd Problem
I overloaded the function: void CMDIColorWindow::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) but when i step into it in the debug, it tells me that the symbol point is undefined!!! (and it has no value) the function is called from wincore.cpp from function: ..... case AfxSig_vwp: { CPoint point((DWORD)lParam); (this->*mmf.pfn_vwp)(wParam, point); break; } ..... here the symbol point is defined and it has the right value. Any idea about it? By the way, if I try to define somewhere in the code a point like CPoint MyPoint; it still tells me that the symbol M...

Outgoing
Hi Soon our company will be upgrading to exchange 2003. Just wanted to know if there is a way too add the company logo or image to the end of all outgoing emails. Is there a tool on 2003 to do this? Thanks David Yes there is, and I would highly recommend against using it to do so. One of the previous threads noted that http://www.maildisclaimer.com/ works. You have to guarantee that recipients are recieving the e-mail is in something other than plain text. In most cases it works with recipients that utilize a It would show as an attachment and might set off message filters (spam filte...

Excel instance isolation problem
Excel 2003, sp2 Hi, I'm using an add-in to create a report. The report is put together with data from a few named ranges in a hidden excel worksheet. Below is the relevant code that's in a standard module in the add-in. Dim wkbData As Excel.Workbook Dim cn As ADODB.Connection Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim sFileConnectionString As String Dim sFilePath As String Set wkbData = ActiveWorkbook sFilePath = wkbData.FullName sFileConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Sourc...

Instr problem in VB5
I need to use the following string as a "Search String" in an Instr instruction: <name part="first"> The quotes around the word "first" are causing the instruction to fail. How can I test for this Search String? I have checked Google and tried single quotes and double quotes and chr(34) around around the word "first" all with no success. The code I am using is" SearchString = "<name part="first">" StringPos = Instr(1, InputDataLine, StringSearch) If StringPos > 0 then ...... Please help!! ...

Problems with data files/*.pst import/Contacts
Problem: Contacts File shows up empty. Address Book email names and addresses does show up properly. Background: Previously was using Outlook 2003 Pro on Windows XP Home. Had an increasing number of weird “buggy” problems in various applications, so finally decided to upgrade OS to Windows XP Pro by installing over XP Home as an alternative to re-formatting the hard drive and/or hacking the registry. (I’m pretty sure I was having registry issues). The new OS loaded successfully and I began re-installation of frequently-used software, including Office. Mistakenly installed Office ...

Outlook 2003 Favorites problem <1168962930.284420.173480@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>
I have the EXACT same issue and cannot get any help - I have spent hours trying to fix this - Outlook favorites always were saved on the older Dell but on my new computer - The Outlook program does not remember the favorites - did you get a fix for this? Thanks Norman EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Message to all outgoing
Is it possible add a message to all outgoing mails for all users at one time, we are using Exchange 2003 ? Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 16769 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. You mean like a disclaimer? Nothing native or built-in. - Using a transport event sink - (the following code has a is a painful exercise at best, doesn't work for locally delivered messa...

ranking with 2 parameters of inverse relation
hi how to find promising customer Customer dues to pay are 5k and pays all bills in 30days while customer B dues to pay are 500k pays in 32 days i wish to say customer B is good as the though dues are 500k still manages to pay in 32days. how to put this as function please. Think you could associate it via simply using: Amt divided by Num of Days Assume Amts in B2 down, Num of Days in C2 down In D2, copied down: =B2/C2 Then in E2, copied down: =RANK(D2,D$2:D$100) will give you the required relative ranking Adjust the range to suit. voila? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore...

Problems with Crosstab Query
This should be so simple, but I'm about to tear my hair out. I have a crosstab query based on a table, left joined to a query which selects distinct FYs from another table, so that all FYs will show as column headings. Pretty standard stuff. The strange thing about this is that the crosstab query returns a single blank record, in addition to the records I expect. But even stranger is that, if I add a WHERE clause to the query, the query no longer returns all the fields from the left-joined FY query, so column headings which have no data are now missing. Details: Using Ac...

Filtering problem #3
I have run into filtering problem I could use some help with. (using Excel 2003) I have 3 columns of data with about 40,000 rows. Based on a condition of one cell in the rows, a value of Yes or No is set in another column. (there are about 1300 No values). when I filter on No, I get those 1300 but I also get Yes rows. At first I was afraid I hit a row ceiling but I have other files with more columns and rows of data that filter more than 1300 rows just fine. I have never experienced this problem with filters. I have exausted my sources for research and really could use some help. Than...

OWA problems after changing default SMTP E-Mail Addresses for our site (exchange 2003 on windows server 2003)
(Edit: In the process of writing this message I have learned that my problem has been partially corrected but some functionality is still not work so I'll continue asking for advise. After some of my research I believe a reboot of the exchange server is what helped the situation) Environment: We're running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 on the back end and we have OWA running on another Windows Server 2003 system in the DMZ. We recently acquired a shorter name for our company and we wanted to make a site wide change of the default SMTP reply-to address for all our employees. (f...

Problem connecting socket
On one machine I am having problems making a socket connection. When I try to connect, I immediately get an FD_CONNECT notification response with a WSAENOTCONN error. Sometimes the connection works; most of the time it doesn't. I don't think I am doing anything fancy. The code has not changed and has been working for awhile. Suddenly this machine seems to have a problem. Below is the connection code without the notification code. Can someone think of something to look for? Thanks /*******************/ /* Create a socket */ /*******************/ m_hSocket = socket(PF_INET,...

CRM Outgoing mail Problem
I am getting same error '8007005Access is Denied'.=20 What i noticed is, the 2 file present in Web site folder=20 MSCRMConnector=20 1- ICrmEmailDispatch.srf 2- ICrmEmailDispatchSDL.srf When I right click this file in IIS Admin, and then click=20 Browse, I get Page not found with ICrmEmailDispatch.srf=20 and i get XML data with ICrmEmailDispatchSDL.srf. Any idea? Thanks for your reply. Mohammed >-----Original Message----- >Hi Moha, > >do you have access to OWA? > >Please follow the steps below: >You can create a new website on the Exchange Server to=20 house the...

Problem with Euro symbol
I have a persistent problem, and would like to know if anybody can reproduce it. I am using MS Money 2006 Deluxe (trial version). In the currencies, Euro symbol is set up incorrectly - some blubberish is displayed instead of the correct symbol. When I go and update it to the correct symbol (copying it from the character map), it works ok. But when I after that close MS Money and in syncs data, it crashes with the error. After restarting, the Euro symbol is again set incorrectly - i.e. in the default state. Can anyone reproduce it? -- Dmitry Korolyov [d__k@removethispart.mail.ru] MVP:...

Customising SMTP Error Messages
Is it possible to customise the text of the error messages sent out by Exchange when messages are delayed or not delivered? Could you point me to any help resources online which might walk me through the process? Many thanks Mentioning the version of Exchange server you're using usually helps answer questions like these. Exchange Server 2007 includes custom DSN messages: How to create a new DSN message http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996803.aspx -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ----------------------------------...

Problem joining domain
Hello, I am trying to set up a new laptop and can't join the network domain. This is Win7 downgraded to WinXP Pro. I don't know if that is significant, but thought I'd mention it. Going through the Network Identification wizard, I am asked for the Username, Password, and Domain Name. It defaults to Administrator, do I plug in the Network Administrator Password and Network Domain. The next message box says that Windows can't find a user account for the domain. On the same message box it asks for a computer name and domain. The new computer name is there s...

2 sites/ 2 exchange servers / 1 domain name
(This is my reply to his initial reply below) Thanks for your help but I have one more question after reading your reply: If it is possible to have 2 exchange servers, 1 at each site, both being in the same AD forest, each using its own database, using the same domain name, how would an e-mail say addressed to dfox@paradyszmatera.com who resides in MN know to go to the exchange mailbox in MN vs. an e-mail to aliriano@paradyszmatera.com who resides in NY? In other words, our mx record points to NY for the domain name paradyszmatera.com, will AD be able to route this e-mail from NY ...

Missing default SMTP virtual server #2
I have a custumers SBS 2003 R2 box with an Exchange problem. There is no entry for the default SMTP virtual server, nor is there one with another name. No matter how I try to add one, it will not show up. I need to be able to change the default SMTP port. What do I have to do to get this to show up again? Thanks, Tony Riederer Professional PC's ...

Problem with import from outlook
Is anyone else having the issue of importing from outlook where it stops working. I am on my 5 rebuild works fine for a while then just breaks. One tile it would crash, i rebuilt then it says the spec is gone, rebuild, then cant even find the folders in outlook they dont even show. I am at my wits end I have multiple database that were built on the fuctionality of the outlook look connector and now this is really starting to effect my business. Tried microsft support but they want 250 bucks for support and I can not afford it. ...