Outgoing emails keep getting stuck

I have Exchange Server 2003 as part of Small Business Server 2003 and am
having problems with outgoing email (SMTP). When I reboot the server,
everything runs fine for a day or two, but after a while, outgoing email
hangs up and the emails start timing out and coming back undeliverable.
I have looked up several of the stuck emails in the message tracking
center, and the history shows several "Started Outbound Transfer of
Message" and then "Message transferred to mail.destinationserver.com
through SMTP". However, it never gets there, and I see these two lines
repeated several times until finally a NDR is generated and the message
quits trying.

I've tried comparing my settings to another Exchange Server (2000) that
I have and haven't found any problems. I have also gone to the command
prompt on the server and telnet 25'ed to the mail server that the
messages are getting stuck sending to; no problem here, either.

The problem seems to be with certain domains, as well. I can send fine
to my home email address, but not to my email address at my primary
office. One thing I wonder is if it has something to do with VPN. I
often VPN into the server that has the problem from my primary office,
the domain which I can't deliver mail to. Any chance this could be
related, maybe it's getting lost on how to get around the network to
this domain?

Can someone give me some direction?

Thanks,

Chet

0
chetsjunk (4)

I have the same problem and I can't see anything wrong. It's only happening
to 2 or 3 domain and AOL.com is one of them.

"Chet Cromer" wrote:

> I have Exchange Server 2003 as part of Small Business Server 2003 and am
> having problems with outgoing email (SMTP). When I reboot the server,
> everything runs fine for a day or two, but after a while, outgoing email
> hangs up and the emails start timing out and coming back undeliverable.
> I have looked up several of the stuck emails in the message tracking
> center, and the history shows several "Started Outbound Transfer of
> Message" and then "Message transferred to mail.destinationserver.com
> through SMTP". However, it never gets there, and I see these two lines
> repeated several times until finally a NDR is generated and the message
> quits trying.
>

> I've tried comparing my settings to another Exchange Server (2000) that
> I have and haven't found any problems. I have also gone to the command
> prompt on the server and telnet 25'ed to the mail server that the
> messages are getting stuck sending to; no problem here, either.
>

> The problem seems to be with certain domains, as well. I can send fine
> to my home email address, but not to my email address at my primary
> office. One thing I wonder is if it has something to do with VPN. I
> often VPN into the server that has the problem from my primary office,
> the domain which I can't deliver mail to. Any chance this could be
> related, maybe it's getting lost on how to get around the network to
> this domain?
>

> Can someone give me some direction?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Chet

0
HELP (162)
2/4/2005 3:15:03 PM
I had this issue until I installed SP1 and that fixed the major part of it.
I still had a few issues with sending to yahoo and a few other domains from
time to time, and that was because of an issue with the verison of PIX we
are running here.  The real fix was to ugrade the PIX to the latest version,
but that isnt an option at the moment, so the only other work around was to
turn off EDNS on the dns server.  Once I did this everything has been
flowing fine.  Here are a couple links to check out that may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828731

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828263

"please help" <please help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the same problem and I can't see anything wrong. It's only
happening
> to 2 or 3 domain and AOL.com is one of them.
>
> "Chet Cromer" wrote:
>
> > I have Exchange Server 2003 as part of Small Business Server 2003 and am
> > having problems with outgoing email (SMTP). When I reboot the server,
> > everything runs fine for a day or two, but after a while, outgoing email
> > hangs up and the emails start timing out and coming back undeliverable.
> > I have looked up several of the stuck emails in the message tracking
> > center, and the history shows several "Started Outbound Transfer of
> > Message" and then "Message transferred to mail.destinationserver.com
> > through SMTP". However, it never gets there, and I see these two lines
> > repeated several times until finally a NDR is generated and the message
> > quits trying.
> >

> > I've tried comparing my settings to another Exchange Server (2000) that
> > I have and haven't found any problems. I have also gone to the command
> > prompt on the server and telnet 25'ed to the mail server that the
> > messages are getting stuck sending to; no problem here, either.
> >

> > The problem seems to be with certain domains, as well. I can send fine
> > to my home email address, but not to my email address at my primary
> > office. One thing I wonder is if it has something to do with VPN. I
> > often VPN into the server that has the problem from my primary office,
> > the domain which I can't deliver mail to. Any chance this could be
> > related, maybe it's getting lost on how to get around the network to
> > this domain?
> >

> > Can someone give me some direction?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >

> > Chet

0
Nospam7558 (31)

Access query to get monthly and quarterly report
Hi, I will require 5 tabs in the report. All reports should be able to use the same result set, but not all columns will appear in each report. They will just present the data differently. for example: if month falls with in the start and end date should show yes otherwise No. Immediate help will be appreciated.. thank you in advance Startdate Enddate Nov-09 Jan-10 Jun-12 Dec-12 12/11/09 6/30/2012 Yes Yes Yes No Startdate Enddate Q3-09 Q4-09 Q2-12 Q4-12 12/11/09 6/30/2012 No Yes Yes No Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of C...

Migrating all email / folders / address book from Outlook Express
I am have been using Outlook Express for many years on what is now a Windows XP computer. Now I have a new laptop with XP and Office XP with Outlook 2003. I want to migrate ALL of my Outlook Express email - preserving headers, dates, attachments, folder structure, address book, etc. to Outlook 2002/XP. What is the best way to do this? It is very important that I not lose any existing email message, attachments, headers, etc. I couldn't find any useful info in the KB.. seems like there should be a lot of help with this, assuming MS really wants me to move from express to regular outlook ...

Outlook 2003 HTML emails
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP3 with all updates installed. Quite often I receive HTML emails that has one of more solid lines to the left of the text and/or pictures in the body of the message. I suspect that these lines are the HTML equivalent of > found in forwarded plain text messages. Can anyone suggest how I can clean up the email by deleting the solid line(s) before forwarding the message on to other recipients? -- Cheers . . . JC In article <3n7o451ierhkjb2dltgturi1bu6m5fh94l@4ax.com>, jc@invalid.net says... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook 2003 unde...

how to get file id in C#
how to get file id in C# is there any kind of unique id that can be obtained for any file in a file system? Hi, You can you use hash algorithm, it creates representation of file's content. It would be unique to all the files. But yuo'll get the same result for the same file with different name. HashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm = HashAlgorithm.Create( "SHA1" ); FileStream fileStream = new FileStream( fullFileName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read ); byte[] hashCode = hashAlgorithm.ComputeHash( fileStream ); Foo "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wro...

Exchange 2003 doesnt send email while logged on
When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails are queued. Once I log off the server everything works correctly. The accounts im using to log on are the domain admins accounts and even the local admin account, neither works. I tried running domainprep and forestprep while logged on as domain admin but that didn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?? On 8 May 2006 07:53:00 -0700, Bbruce2k5@gmail.com wrote: >When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console >itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails a...

unable to set up email
here is the message I get The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'antysandy@gmail.com'. Subject 'erasdf', Account: 'pop.gmail.com ', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP,...

Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings] #2
This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity. When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email instead of Outlook. Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Chan...

Keeping data private per User in a multi user database
Hello. I have an Accounting Access DB that I intend at some point to split into front-end (tables, forms, reports) and back-end (data), then I hope to deploy on the web. I will eventually have around 30 distributed users (only about 5 concurrent) – each inputs the same type of financial data but does business independent of the others and so must NEVER see the data entered by the other users. To make future releases and bug fixes as simple as possible, I intend to have a single instance of the front-end that each of the Users will access. However, as each User must NEVER see...

smtp connectors repeatedly sending same emails.
Running SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 Cutomers have complained that they are receiving the same email over and over again. Looked at the connectors in Exchange manager and found there to be three additional SMTP connectors with the domain names of the people receiving the emails, and every 15 minutes when the POP3 connector retrieves emails, these SMTP queues are sending out the emails again. I have frozen the queues for the time being but when the server gets rebooted they will get unfrozen and send out all the emails that have built up since. Please can some tell me how to delete these fr...

get the text string appear the most times !
Hi, all ! Sorry abt posting this question many time, but I think I gave a hard understanding question before. In my report, I need to get the value of a group of records that appear the most times. For example: I have a text "Sushi" appears in my report 10 times, "Nobashi" appears 20 times, "shrimp" 5 times ---> my desire that is a textbox show "Nobashi" as result. Hope this way is easer to understand my problem. Any suggestion for this ? Thanks with appreciated of all ur time. Luan. ...

Queues not picking up email.
What I am working with right now is a Support and Sales queue that is tied to email accounts inside CRM. When email is sent to the appropriate email account CRM should be picking up these email messages and populating them into their respective queues, but its not. I am at a loss of where to go from this point forward to troubleshoot the breakdown in communication. When i send emails to the queue email address accounts I am not getting any Delivery Failures and the mailbox sizes are growing when i check them in the System Manager for Exchange. My end result here is to be able to use 360'...

stop automatically making email address
I am going to KILL excel. How do you stop it from automatically convertine email addresses into hyperlinks?? In Excel 2002: Tools> AutoCorrect Options > Autoformat As You Type. Then uncheck Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks. Hope this helps Rowan "lily" wrote: > I am going to KILL excel. How do you stop it from automatically convertine > email addresses into hyperlinks?? ...

Send email from group mailbox
I have a group mailbox set up in my Outlook profile (it's set up as an additional mailbox in my profile). Therefore I have my personal email, and this group mailbox appears as a folder in my folder list. Let's call the group mailbox, "XX Group". If I "Reply" to a message received from the group mailbox, a "From" field appears and "XX Group" is listed in that field. If I send the message, the message will appear to be from "XX Group" instead of from me. However, if I simply open a new mail message, I don't get that "From&qu...

Certain email not received
Hello to all of you, One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me. I'lm using Outlook 2003. My customer is also using Outlook 2003. Since a few weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003. However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express. The puzzling thing is that all was working fine until the end of may. I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and they are the same. I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer (with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem. I must admit to not understanding this problem! Any...

how can i get the mainboar ID and harddisk ID
every guru: I need to build the encrypt in my project, wish to get some hardware infromation as encrypt source, for example, use mainboard ID and harddisk ID as encrypt key, but, GetVolumeInformation() only get prartition ID, it will be changed by user change the prartition. what can i do ? that I wish to get the mainboard ID and harddisk physical ID ? thanks in advance!!! See if the following link offers any help http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.html -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "robin" <robinswan@21cn.com> ...

Getting a "Not a Valid Win32 Application" when i try to open doc.
I am trying to open a publisher file that was sent to me. I have Publisher 95. I am getting the error message "......is not a valid win32 application" Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Publisher 95 will only open Publisher 1.0 and 2.0. Publisher 95 is a 16 bit program. Maybe your sender can convert the document to PDF. Or send it to me and I will convert it to PDF for you. I can open the 97 document but I won't be able to convert it to 95 for you. Remove "my" to reply... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews...

how to scan an image into new email message.
anyone know how to scan an image directly into a new outlook email as an attachment, with out saving the image to a disk manualy? -- 5khzgjf9e001@sneakemail.com The scanning software may have a "scan to email" function. James <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote: > anyone know how to scan an image directly into a new outlook email as > an attachment, with out saving the image to a disk manualy? Nothing can be on your computer without being on your disk, just like you cannot have a thought without it residing in your brain. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wr...

A receipt highlighting if an email has been deleted unread
Hi! The above says it all really, as a recruiter pitching to new businesses everyday it would be invaluable to note if an email had been deleted unread by way of a receipt. This way the client could send out a subtle message to the recruiter and this would enable us to work on other ways to win over the client rather than assuming the email had been read and diregarded for other reasons. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button...

POP3 Email Accounts
I have added 5 POP email commections using the Exchange 2003 POP3 email manager tool and connected the delivery to 5 existing exchange email accounts. Each account can send out mail to the SMTP service but incomming mail is not placed in the associated exchange inbox for the accounts. Checking the application event log there are no errors just a confirmation of 5 email addresses created. Messages are removed from the POP ISP accounts associated with the requests and just disappear into the great Exchange black hole. Any Ideas S :) "Jasmor" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Problem w/email signature on scanned docs.
When we use our printer to scan a document to email, the email that comes up to send will not automatically add the signature that is set to go with mail from that user. Does anyone know if there is a setting I'm missing somewhere? We use Outlook 2003 and an HP LaserJet 3015 printer/scanner/fax. Thank you Pearl King "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:e5tHJtuiJHA.956@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When we use our printer to scan a document to email, the email that comes > up to send will not automatically add the signature that is set to go wi...

Secondary emailID getting added as @hotmail.com for all the users
Dear freinds, Since last few days we have been facing a very strange problem. the problem was noticed when we saw one of the users properties showing his primary email address as our own domain and the secondary email address as @hotmail.com. later we noticed that all our domain users were updated with the @hotmail.com as their secondary emails ID. When checked on the Receipient Policies in exchange system manager we did not find any email address choosen with @hotmail.com. To get rid of this problem we removed @hotmail.com from all the users secondary address but after sometime found...

Outlook Encrypted Email Sending
Is it possible to configure an Outlook user to have encryption work as follows If I am sending an email to two people and I have a public key for one but not the other. Could Outlook inform me that I do not have the public key for one of the two people and ask me if I want to send it unencrypted? ...

In Outlook, Can I get the "News" button to reappear?
I moved to "News'' button to "Go" and it appeared underneath the "go" column, then while I was setting up the Internet New Server Name , I receive a message stating that no such name existed, and ever since then the "News" button has dissappeared and I am not able to set up any Newsgroups. This is from Outlook 2003 help: 1.. On the Standard toolbar, click the Toolbar Options arrow . 2.. Point to Add or Remove Buttons, and then click Customize. 3.. Click the Commands tab. 4.. In the Categories list, click Go. 5.. In the Commands list, c...

How get rid of Office Discussion Groups on far left of screen
When I come to this discussion group there is a grey area on the left of my screen that lists the Office Discussion Groups. I would guess there is a way to close this or get it off screen but if there is, I can't find it. It is taking up a significant amout of screen realty. Woody wrote: >When I come to this discussion group there is a grey area on the left of my >screen that lists the Office Discussion Groups. > >I would guess there is a way to close this or get it off screen but if there >is, I can't find it. It is taking up a significant amout of screen...

Restore files only view the last month emails
I have outlook 2003 i added mi windows XP Pro to Domain then Xp create a new profile. I try to restore files from old user profile, but when i made it Only e-mails from last month and past appears !!! Please if somebody have any answer for this problem Please Help me After to made it i clean a virus called BackDoor.Berbew.F but i don't know if this was the problem. I search for All Pst files and any have mails from this month June ...