Outbound Queues

Why are my outbound queues filling up and they have no
originator address. We are not open relay.

This is an Echange 5.5 on nT4

Thanks, Dan
0
anonymous (74717)

Have you checked for Viruses in your network?

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

"Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why are my outbound queues filling up and they have no
> originator address. We are not open relay.
>
> This is an Echange 5.5 on nT4
>
> Thanks, Dan

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
4/9/2004 11:43:18 PM
Empty originator address means system-generated message. Open one of
files in \exchsrvr\imcdata\out with the notepad and take a look.

Dan wrote:

> Why are my outbound queues filling up and they have no
> originator address. We are not open relay.
>
> This is an Echange 5.5 on nT4
>
> Thanks, Dan
0
kpalagin1 (1216)

In Progess Queue
This is probable a basic question here. There are several items in the In Progress Queue under Workplace/My Work/Queues. How do I clear them? Joanne You could delete them... but essentially this queue is simply a collection of entities you own, so you probably wouldn't want to delete them. The 'Assigned to' queue is probably more pertinent, no ? "Joanne" wrote: > This is probable a basic question here. There are several items in the > In Progress Queue under Workplace/My Work/Queues. How do I clear > them? > > Joanne > > You've met a b...

Exchange queues
had to reinstall IIS which causes the Exc MTA and other services i.e. POP3 ect. to stop functioning, which lead to reinstalling both IIS and Exchange Server Prior to installation I had messages in my queues, after the reinstall none, Is there a way of getting these messages back If the msgs were in the queue, then after re-installation you will not get the queue. Ruwan Dissanayake "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23c6001c45f4b$a90c7b90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > had to reinstall IIS which causes the Exc MTA and other > services i.e. P...

Strange message's in queue
Hay, I am running SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003, this computer connects to the internet through ISA server that resides on another w2k server! Over the past few weeks lots of messages are in the queue that dont seem to be real. Here is some information that I have put together to help; SBS Connector - 0451.com 22 messages to random usernames@0451.COM (INVALID EMAIL) from postmaster@disability-federation.ie SBS Connector - 0733.com 10 messages to random usernames@0733.COM (INVALID EMAIL) SBS Connector - 006.com - Sender: postmaster@disability-federation.ie - Subject: <Subject Hidden>...

Messages waiting to be routed queue folder
Hi gurus New to exchange so go easy on me I have an exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 server box for some reason my "messages waiting to be routed queue folder" builds up very fast, how can I troubleshoot this issue, I would like to know if its a performance issue or been hammer by spam Thanks gurus - Do you have outbound smtp connectivity? - Is any outbound mail being delivered? - Are you using Delivery Restrictions? - Anything in the event logs? Try bumping up diagnostic logging for MSExchangeTransport | Routing from server properties -> Diagnostics Logging tab. -- Bharat ...

POP3 outbound
All of sudden I have complaints from remote clients saying they can't send mail via POP3. We are running Exchange 2003 sp2, no changes have been made since the last time they were able to send via POP3. Any suggestions? On 4 Apr 2006 13:23:51 -0700, "Joe" <josiah.diddy@gmail.com> wrote: >All of sudden I have complaints from remote clients saying they can't >send mail via POP3. We are running Exchange 2003 sp2, no changes have >been made since the last time they were able to send via POP3. > >Any suggestions? Have them send with SMTP instead. On ...

No outbound Email to External Servers
I was having some issues with some domains not reciveing email now noe email is leaving the Que for external emaill addresses still recieving email from external thanks Ken Can you rephrase? On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:35:03 -0800, kfoster@pfeinc.com <kfosterpfeinccom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was having some issues with some domains not reciveing email now noe email >is leaving the Que for external emaill addresses still recieving email from >external >thanks >Ken I started receving NDR's for email address that are sent to regularly after makein...

Message Queue in Retry Mode
I am running an exchange server called MO. For no apparent reason the Queue called Messages awaiting directorly lookup is now always in retry mode. The number of messages is increasing as mails get sent and received. Internal mail is not working, and external mail is not working. The system uses a direct SMTP feed. The system is Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 on a 2 server Domain. The FSMO is on the Primary DC, Excahnge is on an addition DC. No unusual errors appear in the Event Logs even after increasing the logging level to maximum on the Exchange Server. Any suggestions would be appr...

Stucked mail in Local Delivery Queue
Hi, i have server2003sp1 with exchange2003sp1 i have a mail enabled distribution group in ad with few ad members and few emails assigned: sales@domain.net, sales@domain.com Opened server queue and found few queued mails in Local Delivery, one of them been in queue from 14.05 til now. Tried to unfreeze it - no luck, was still in queue. Check massage tracking for this mail: SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to multiple recipients SMTP: Message Scheduled to Retry Local Delivery Tried to remove that group, afterthat made a new equal group. Still nothig Now... time is up. Got the event in eve...

Removing an email from a queue without deleting email from CRM
Hi, Say I get an email into my personal mailbox and decide to track it in CRM (3.0). This email then appears in the Assigned queue in My Workplace. I can then accept it and it moves to in progress. Fine so far. But what happens when I've dealt with it and I need to get it out of the queue? I may not want to convert it to an opportunity, but I still need it to be in the history of the Account to which I've related it to. As far as I can make out, if I delete it, it stays in my personal inbox but disappears from the History in CRM. Other CRM packages have a "file it" op...

eConnect
OK, I now have the message sitting in the queue - how do I get it into GP? The start of my xml file looks like this : - <!-- RM Transaction with Sales/Invoice and taxes --> - <eConnect xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"> - <RMTransactionType> - <eConnectProcessInfo> <ConnectionString>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security= SSPI;PersistSecurity Info= False;Initial Catalog= TWO;Data Source=n-ghundermark</ConnectionString> </eConnectProcessInfo> Check the Event Viewer for eConnect incoming MSMQ error message, I got a...

outbound mail #2
Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. although exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send?? any ideas as the messages keep growing. thanks, Bill Are the users getting any type of NDR? A few that come to mind: DNS configuration Antivirus Software SMTP Syncs "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8EB7C39-179B-4462-A1FB-A166E32AD1B1@microsoft.com... > Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. > although > exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send?? &g...

crm 4.0 upgrade queues no longer receive email
Hello, I have just upgraded to CRM 4.0. I have 2 queues setup for helpdesk use, neither of these queues are reciving emails anymore? i have removed crm 3.0 email router and install 4.0 email router. All users can send out emails. Does anybody know where there is documentation on how to setup a queue in crm 4.0 and how to create the necessary rules to link emails to a queue? Thanks Ian ...

how to disbale outbound emails on specific accounts
hello everyone, i need to block specifc accounts/users from sending outbound emails on different domains. can anyone help me on this? i'm using Exchange Server 2003. Best regards, Farooq Khan A combination of a SMTP connector and delivery restrictions should do the trick. On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:18:38 +0500, "Farooq Khan" <farooq.khan@pk.softechww.com> wrote: >hello everyone, >i need to block specifc accounts/users from sending outbound emails on >different domains. can anyone help me on this? i'm using Exchange Server >2003. > >Best regard...

inbound/outbound mail routing
I'm getting confused about SMTP Virtual Server, SMTP Connector ,and how it relates to inbound/outbound mail. I have 3 Exchange server, 1 Front End and 2 Back Ends. From what I have read, if I have NO SMTP Connector, then every Exchange server that has mailboxes on it, can connect to the internet, and resolve DNS, will send outbound mail. Is this correct? In terms of inbound mail, would all 3 servers also be capable of receiving mail if they have internet access and have the default SMTP virtual server? Is it not true that the only determining factor of what of your Exchange servers ca...

Routing outbound
Using SMTP connectors I know you can route according to the recipient domain. How does one route according to sender? Specifically, I have some internal, valid, outbound, large volume senders that I would like to redirect through another relay and ultimately through a different firewall address to prevent any possibility of them affecting our production system. I'd like to set up an SMTP connector that says, "any email coming from joe@domain.com, send to this specific smarthost..." Any ideas? THANKS ...

RE: Outbound Message Que
Hi, I have exchange 5.5 running on NT4.0 and I am curious as to why there are always so many messages in the waiting for delivery outbound que of which the originator sender is not an Exchange user and all mails appear to be responses to junk or spam mail. We have offsite spam protection that works before the mail hits the server.It's ok if I just clear the que but my question is why and how do they get there to begine with? Any help is greatly appreciated! Scott- ...

Pop up alert when a new activity hits a queue
Hello, I have two questions : Is there a way to open a pop-up alert that would appear to a user screen when an activity is added to a queue ? Is it possible to use the PostURL function of the workflow to hit a custom service or Microsoft’s service to initiate an MSN or AIM messenger alert when certain events are triggered (creation of an entity for instance) ? Clo -- Clo ...

SMTP Queue Growth
hi i am facing problem that my SMTP gateway.on SMTP gateway queue size is increasing.i expalin the infrastructure.i have exchane server 2000 which is hosting my public domain and another pc with windows 2000 working as SMTP gateway.i am using smtp connector b/w the gateway and exchange .to get the mail from ISP i am using GFI pop2Exchange which is installed on SMTP gateway.now the problem is my smtp queue growth is increasing.there r 480 mails at the moment in the queue.but its not delevering the both inbond and outbond mails.all other settings are ok. bhatti Assuming you meant queue...

Queues Outbound
We have Exchange Server 5.5 in Outbound Queues appear many messages of a domain that is not ours. How I can avoid this?. By proper configuration of Internet Mail Service: in IMS properties\Routing tab click "Routing Restrictions" button, put check-mark "hosts and clients with these IP addresses" and leave the list blank. Make sure that no other check-mark is set. Restart IMC. Clean the queue. Fernando wrote: > We have Exchange Server 5.5 in Outbound Queues appear > many messages of a domain that is not ours. How I can > avoid this?. ...

Orphaned activities once a queue is deleted
I just deleted a queue in CRM... and all of the activities that had been sent to that queue stopped working. This makes no sense. I had to manually updated all of the activity party records to point to the new queue in order to open these activities that were sent to the original queue. Kristina Yes, I have also run into this issue. The thing about it is that the e-mails are "sent" from the Queue Owner. when you delete the queue the activities get locked out. I have inquired about this but never received an answer... I imagine it has to do with the security descriptor, b...

Exchange 2003 server queuing all outbound internet mail
I have a site with an Exchange 5.5 server and a new Exchange 2003 server. I have a mailbox on the new 2003 server, which can receive internal email, and internet email. However, all internet-bound email gets caught in the queue. There is no error message at all (the status is simply "Queued", and the emails haven't bounced back or cleared the queue since Monday when I set up this mailbox on the server. There are no errors in the Event log that would tell me what the issue is, and I'm having a hard time locating the SMTP connector logs on this server. FYI, I set up t...

SMTP (Outbound) Message
Hello, We are having trouble with certain messages deliverying to other domains on the Internet. A telnet test from the Exchange server to multiple SMTP servers (mx3.hotmail.com, etc.) show the following and will not accept HELO: 220 **************************************************************************** ******************************************************************************** ******************************************************************************** ********************************************************************** I understand this is because of a firewall issue. ...

scan inbound and outbound traffic
Hi...there is single Exchange 2003 server in the domain, serving the inbound and outbound traffic directly. we are about to put an anti-spam appliance, behind the firewall as well to scan the inbound and outbound traffic. I know that we could have the firewall to point the port 25 to the appliance to scan the inbound traffic. But as for outbound, how we could change the exchange 2003 server to deliver the email to this appliance first in order for the outbound traffic being scanned before deliver to the outside world. Thanks, fshguo. On 2 Feb 2006 20:40:19 -0800, "fshguo" <fshg...

queue for smtp (urgent) thnx
Can I create a queue for the SMTP gateway? I have set up a Windows 2003 advance server with SMTP gateway so it would receive and send the messages sent from Exchange 2003 sp1. Is there any way that I could just create a queue on these servers so when a connection is down or something the messages will get queued without installing Exchange? Thank you. You can build a Windows 2003 Server with the SMTP service and configure it as a relay server. You can direct hosts to use it with a higher MX record cost so that when Exchange or the Internet (depending on what direction you're go...

queue business unit permission
I have question regarding queue: user 1 belong to BU A user 2 belong to BU B exist 2 queue, each assigned to different business unit. when user 1 logged in CRM he can see items in both of queue - own queue and queue which belong to another business unit. Is it posible to disable viewing items which belongs to another queue? Thanks You cannot prevent the queue from showing up. What you can do is keep the items in the queue hidden from that user. To do that you need to set the permissions read on the activities to current businessunit. This way the queue will show but the items in it won...