outbound mail #2

Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. although
exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send??

any ideas as the messages keep growing.

thanks,

Bill
0
Bill7393 (298)

Are the users getting any type of NDR?

A few that come to mind:

DNS configuration
Antivirus Software
SMTP Syncs

"bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que.
> although
> exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send??
>
> any ideas as the messages keep growing.
>
> thanks,
>
> Bill

0
Brian
2/15/2005 5:13:31 AM
As Brian mentioned, when outbound e-mail is not working, the most likely
culprit is DNS.

Take one of the domains that is not working and run an nslookup (from the
Exchagne server) to see if you can resolve the domain to an IP.  Similar to
the following.  Next, attempt to telnet to the remote domain host on port 25
(telnet mailb.microsoft.com 25).  Do you see the welcome banner?  Also, if
you view the properties of the queue, what does it show you for the status?
Or rather, when you find messages for that domain, what is listed in the
properties of the message?  It should show you that it is in a retry state,
but it should also tell you what the result was for the last attempt (i.e.
remote host did not respond, etc.)

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>nslookup

> set type=mx
> microsoft.com

Non-authoritative answer:
microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailb.microsoft.com
microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailc.microsoft.com
microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = maila.microsoft.com

mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.51
mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.123
mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.53
mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.52
maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.124
maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.125

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que.
> although
> exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send??
>
> any ideas as the messages keep growing.
>
> thanks,
>
> Bill

0
Ben
2/15/2005 3:43:41 PM
thanks for the repons.

telnet to mailb.microsoft.com on port 25 failed. telnet to my mail server on
25 also failed.

message ques are retrying however the actual messages inside the que do not
chage from queued status.

I have checked the router and port 25 is definatly open.

help??

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> As Brian mentioned, when outbound e-mail is not working, the most likely
> culprit is DNS.
>
> Take one of the domains that is not working and run an nslookup (from the
> Exchagne server) to see if you can resolve the domain to an IP.  Similar to
> the following.  Next, attempt to telnet to the remote domain host on port 25
> (telnet mailb.microsoft.com 25).  Do you see the welcome banner?  Also, if
> you view the properties of the queue, what does it show you for the status?
> Or rather, when you find messages for that domain, what is listed in the
> properties of the message?  It should show you that it is in a retry state,
> but it should also tell you what the result was for the last attempt (i.e.
> remote host did not respond, etc.)
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>nslookup
>
> > set type=mx
> > microsoft.com
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailb.microsoft.com
> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailc.microsoft.com
> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = maila.microsoft.com
>
> mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.51
> mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.123
> mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.53
> mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.52
> maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.124
> maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.125
>

> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que.
> > although
> > exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send??
> >
> > any ideas as the messages keep growing.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Bill

0
Bill7393 (298)
2/16/2005 1:01:06 AM
when i run nslookup the server reply was local host. shouldn't this have been
the name of the server (myserver for example)??  also the ip address is not
what i expected. shouldn't this be the server ip address??

thanks

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> As Brian mentioned, when outbound e-mail is not working, the most likely
> culprit is DNS.
>
> Take one of the domains that is not working and run an nslookup (from the
> Exchagne server) to see if you can resolve the domain to an IP.  Similar to
> the following.  Next, attempt to telnet to the remote domain host on port 25
> (telnet mailb.microsoft.com 25).  Do you see the welcome banner?  Also, if
> you view the properties of the queue, what does it show you for the status?
> Or rather, when you find messages for that domain, what is listed in the
> properties of the message?  It should show you that it is in a retry state,
> but it should also tell you what the result was for the last attempt (i.e.
> remote host did not respond, etc.)
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>nslookup
>
> > set type=mx
> > microsoft.com
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailb.microsoft.com
> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailc.microsoft.com
> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = maila.microsoft.com
>
> mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.51
> mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.123
> mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.53
> mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.52
> maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.124
> maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.125
>

> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que.
> > although
> > exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send??
> >
> > any ideas as the messages keep growing.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Bill

0
Bill7393 (298)
2/16/2005 1:09:02 AM
to add to my previous post....

after running nslookup
type = mx
mydomain

the mail server and mx records resolved ok.

thanks,

"bill" wrote:

> when i run nslookup the server reply was local host. shouldn't this have been
> the name of the server (myserver for example)??  also the ip address is not
> what i expected. shouldn't this be the server ip address??
>
> thanks
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
> > As Brian mentioned, when outbound e-mail is not working, the most likely
> > culprit is DNS.
> >
> > Take one of the domains that is not working and run an nslookup (from the
> > Exchagne server) to see if you can resolve the domain to an IP.  Similar to
> > the following.  Next, attempt to telnet to the remote domain host on port 25
> > (telnet mailb.microsoft.com 25).  Do you see the welcome banner?  Also, if
> > you view the properties of the queue, what does it show you for the status?
> > Or rather, when you find messages for that domain, what is listed in the
> > properties of the message?  It should show you that it is in a retry state,
> > but it should also tell you what the result was for the last attempt (i.e.
> > remote host did not respond, etc.)
> >
> > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>nslookup
> >
> > > set type=mx
> > > microsoft.com
> >
> > Non-authoritative answer:
> > microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailb.microsoft.com
> > microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailc.microsoft.com
> > microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = maila.microsoft.com
> >
> > mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.51
> > mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.123
> > mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.53
> > mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.52
> > maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.124
> > maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.125
> >

> > --
> > Ben Winzenz
> > Exchange MVP
> >

> > "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que.
> > > although
> > > exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send??
> > >
> > > any ideas as the messages keep growing.
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > >
> > > Bill

0
Bill7393 (298)
2/16/2005 1:17:02 AM
hello?

"bill" wrote:

> to add to my previous post....
>
> after running nslookup
> type = mx
> mydomain
>
> the mail server and mx records resolved ok.
>
> thanks,
>
> "bill" wrote:
>
> > when i run nslookup the server reply was local host. shouldn't this have been
> > the name of the server (myserver for example)??  also the ip address is not
> > what i expected. shouldn't this be the server ip address??
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > As Brian mentioned, when outbound e-mail is not working, the most likely
> > > culprit is DNS.
> > >
> > > Take one of the domains that is not working and run an nslookup (from the
> > > Exchagne server) to see if you can resolve the domain to an IP.  Similar to
> > > the following.  Next, attempt to telnet to the remote domain host on port 25
> > > (telnet mailb.microsoft.com 25).  Do you see the welcome banner?  Also, if
> > > you view the properties of the queue, what does it show you for the status?
> > > Or rather, when you find messages for that domain, what is listed in the
> > > properties of the message?  It should show you that it is in a retry state,
> > > but it should also tell you what the result was for the last attempt (i.e.
> > > remote host did not respond, etc.)
> > >
> > > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>nslookup

> > > Non-authoritative answer:
> > > microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailb.microsoft.com
> > > microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailc.microsoft.com
> > > microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = maila.microsoft.com
> > >
> > > mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.51
> > > mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.123
> > > mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.53
> > > mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.52
> > > maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.124
> > > maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.125
> > >

> > > --
> > > Ben Winzenz
> > > Exchange MVP
> > >

> > > "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Bill7393 (298)
2/16/2005 1:31:05 AM
what do i need to check in DNS to ensure exchange is able to send mail to
external addresses?  where do i check port 255? it is open on the hardware.

thanks.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> As Brian mentioned, when outbound e-mail is not working, the most likely
> culprit is DNS.
>
> Take one of the domains that is not working and run an nslookup (from the
> Exchagne server) to see if you can resolve the domain to an IP.  Similar to
> the following.  Next, attempt to telnet to the remote domain host on port 25
> (telnet mailb.microsoft.com 25).  Do you see the welcome banner?  Also, if
> you view the properties of the queue, what does it show you for the status?
> Or rather, when you find messages for that domain, what is listed in the
> properties of the message?  It should show you that it is in a retry state,
> but it should also tell you what the result was for the last attempt (i.e.
> remote host did not respond, etc.)
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>nslookup
>
> > set type=mx
> > microsoft.com
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailb.microsoft.com
> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailc.microsoft.com
> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = maila.microsoft.com
>
> mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.51
> mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.123
> mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.53
> mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.52
> maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.124
> maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.125
>

> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que.
> > although
> > exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send??
> >
> > any ideas as the messages keep growing.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Bill

0
Bill7393 (298)
2/16/2005 1:41:07 AM
So what happened when you ran the nslookup command against one of the
domains that fails?  Was it able to return a response?  How are your
internal DNS servers set up?  Is the SMTP Virtual Server set to use any
other DNS servers?  If so, I usually recommend to leave the DNS servers
blank on the SMTP VS, and let Windows perform DNS queries (it's more
efficient).  If there are no DNS servers specified in the SMTP VS, then are
your internal DNS servers set up to use Forwarders (your ISP's DNS servers),
or are they configured to use Root Hints?

Can you post one of the domains that you are having problems sending to?
That way, we can test from here as well to see if the problem may be on
their end.

As far as making sure port 25 is open, typically that shouldn't be a concern
for outbound.  Most firewalls and routers restrict inbound traffic, not
outbound.  Try some other remote mail servers (telnet on port 25) and post
the results.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

> thanks for the repons.
>
> telnet to mailb.microsoft.com on port 25 failed. telnet to my mail server
> on
> 25 also failed.
>
> message ques are retrying however the actual messages inside the que do
> not
> chage from queued status.
>
> I have checked the router and port 25 is definatly open.
>
> help??
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> As Brian mentioned, when outbound e-mail is not working, the most likely
>> culprit is DNS.
>>
>> Take one of the domains that is not working and run an nslookup (from the
>> Exchagne server) to see if you can resolve the domain to an IP.  Similar
>> the following.  Next, attempt to telnet to the remote domain host on port
>> 25
>> (telnet mailb.microsoft.com 25).  Do you see the welcome banner?  Also,
>> if
>> you view the properties of the queue, what does it show you for the
>> status?
>> Or rather, when you find messages for that domain, what is listed in the
>> properties of the message?  It should show you that it is in a retry
>> state,
>> but it should also tell you what the result was for the last attempt
>> (i.e.
>> remote host did not respond, etc.)
>>
>> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>nslookup
>>
>> > set type=mx
>> > microsoft.com
>>
>> Non-authoritative answer:
>> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailb.microsoft.com
>> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailc.microsoft.com
>> microsoft.com   MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = maila.microsoft.com
>>
>> mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.51
>> mailb.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.123
>> mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.53
>> mailc.microsoft.com     internet address = 207.46.121.52
>> maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.124
>> maila.microsoft.com     internet address = 131.107.3.125
>>

>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>>

>> "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que.
>> > although
>> > exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send??
>> >
>> > any ideas as the messages keep growing.
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> >
>> > Bill

0
Ben

POP3 outbound
All of sudden I have complaints from remote clients saying they can't send mail via POP3. We are running Exchange 2003 sp2, no changes have been made since the last time they were able to send via POP3. Any suggestions? On 4 Apr 2006 13:23:51 -0700, "Joe" <josiah.diddy@gmail.com> wrote: >All of sudden I have complaints from remote clients saying they can't >send mail via POP3. We are running Exchange 2003 sp2, no changes have >been made since the last time they were able to send via POP3. > >Any suggestions? Have them send with SMTP instead. On ...

Web mail access troubles
Hello All I'm having a problem with my web mail. I'm the new Admin. at a company and the end users are telling me it used to work, but now doesn't. Basically I type in the ""http\\IP Address/exchange"" and get a page cannot be found message. Iv checked all the Internet mail options on the exchange server, and they seem to be in order, but it just won't connect. I can ping the IP from inside the building, but not outside the network, so im thinking firewall issues. Its Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on Server 2000 SP3 Thanx Peeps how is the owa server ...

Can you automatically date stamp emails that you send out? #2
My emails need a date stamp on them as I send them. It does not appear that you can do this..does someone have an idea to do this? Thanks ...

Sending page by mail
Hi, I am using Microsoft Office 2000. I have Outlook setup as my defaul mail client. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0. When I click the mail button on the Internet Explorer toolbar an choose send link or send page I should get a new mail message window Instead I get an error asking if I want to send an error report to MS I get the same error if I am using Word, Excel or Power Point and go t file, send to, mail recipient ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is Ou...

E-mail mail merge #2
I have about 300 e-mail addresses in a column in Excel. Is there a way to send one e-mail to all these people at one time? Pepper Use a mail merge starting from Outlook and use the Excel spreadsheet as = your data source. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Pepper asked: | I have about 300 e-mail addresses in a column in Excel. | Is there a way to send one e-mail to all these people at one time? |=20 | Pepper 1 message with 300 recipi...

Creating an Add-in for POS 2.0
I am trying to create an add-in for a Microsoft Dynamics POS 2.0 installation that does not have RMS installed. I have the RMS Customization Guide 1.0, but does not seem to apply. I thought the process would be similar enough that I could figure it out. Creating the COM Component seemed straight forward enough, however POS 2.0 does not have a dll named QSRules.dll. There are however both a Microsoft.Rms.BusinessRules.dll and a SORules.dll. The process for Invoking the COM Component must be different as well. While there is a Addins directory in the "Microsoft Dynamics - Point o...

outbound mail #2
Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. although exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send?? any ideas as the messages keep growing. thanks, Bill Are the users getting any type of NDR? A few that come to mind: DNS configuration Antivirus Software SMTP Syncs "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8EB7C39-179B-4462-A1FB-A166E32AD1B1@microsoft.com... > Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. > although > exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send?? &g...

Trying to stop Outlook 2002 from deleting old mail
Gave my mother a Dell a few years ago, Win XP, Office 2002, etc. She uses Outlook 2002 to handle her email. So I'm visiting and it is the usual string of things that don't work. I've managed to figure out and fix most of them. But I can't find a way to get Outlook to stop appearing to be deleting all mail older than 7 days. It isn't that they are being put into archive, I've already checked that. Actually there was no archive folder anywhere on the entire machine when I first checked. But I did provoke it to create an archive, just to see if it would fail and perh...

Outlook 2002, Earthlink DSL & Yahoo! Mail Plus
I'm using Outlook 2002. I have Earthlink DSL and a Yahoo! Mail Plus account. I'm able to configure Outlook 2002 to send and recieve e-mail via Earthlink mail, but not with Yahoo!. I've set the outbound server to mail.earthlink.net and the inbound server to pop.mail.yahoo.com. With this I can send e-mail, but I can't recieve it. Everytime Outlook tries to logon to the inbound mail server, it fails. I've checked and rechecked the username and password and that's not the problem. The authentication setup is wrong. Earthlink (and others) will not send mail via a...

Protecting TODAY() after mailing
I have a worksheet that contains TODAY(), +1, +2 etc function. Is it possible to stop the dates auto updating after the sheet has been emailed to the recipient. I want it to preserve the dates ( auto ) inserted when the sheet created. -- Dent ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30015 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497071 You could convert those cells to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special|values is one way) before you send the file...

Mail delete date
Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? I don't think you can. I'm not sure if deleted date is a field Outlook maintains. "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? Yes you can. �f you add "modified" column and you didn't change item then deleted you can sort item in modified date (~deleted date). Evren Arslan "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSF...

Retrieve deleted mails
I had configured mail account in my outlook, by mistake i deleted (Shift + Delete) my mails from 'Sent Items'. How can i retrieve the deleted mails. is your outlook configured for Corporate/Workgroup mode? is Deleted Items Retention configured on the Exchange server? if so, see this... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246153 "Varadarajan R" <vardoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d43301c439c0$9433e6f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I had configured mail account in my outlook, by mistake i > deleted (Shift + Delete) my mails from 'Sent ...

Missing "Junk E-mail" folder
I recently added a new email provider and thus added new accounts in Outlook 2007. All my "old" accounts have a Junk E-mail folder with a lock sign on it, and junk and spam goes into that folder. These folders are missing on all the "new" accounts I set up. How do on set up the special folders and how do you direct junk email into them. It works great on the "old" accounts, but I forgot how they were set up. Thanks, Peter is it a lock symbol or the No symbol (red circle with a slash)? If it's a lock, then something else created it - like a 3rd party spam f...

Stucked mail in Local Delivery Queue
Hi, i have server2003sp1 with exchange2003sp1 i have a mail enabled distribution group in ad with few ad members and few emails assigned: sales@domain.net, sales@domain.com Opened server queue and found few queued mails in Local Delivery, one of them been in queue from 14.05 til now. Tried to unfreeze it - no luck, was still in queue. Check massage tracking for this mail: SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to multiple recipients SMTP: Message Scheduled to Retry Local Delivery Tried to remove that group, afterthat made a new equal group. Still nothig Now... time is up. Got the event in eve...

No outbound Email to External Servers
I was having some issues with some domains not reciveing email now noe email is leaving the Que for external emaill addresses still recieving email from external thanks Ken Can you rephrase? On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:35:03 -0800, kfoster@pfeinc.com <kfosterpfeinccom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was having some issues with some domains not reciveing email now noe email >is leaving the Que for external emaill addresses still recieving email from >external >thanks >Ken I started receving NDR's for email address that are sent to regularly after makein...

Combination Chart #2
I'm trying to plot a combination chart with one set of series displayed as bars and 5 set of series displayed as lines. Can someone please help? ...

Auto-forward mails
How to do auto forward mails from one mailbox to another in exchange 5.5 Internally: Outlook Rules internal to an External account: Create a Custom Recipient and add it to the mailbox in question as an alternate recipient. On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 02:00:46 -0700, "Saby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to do auto forward mails from one mailbox to another >in exchange 5.5 ...

How to print e-mails without a logo or page numbers please.
Hi, Please can anyone tell me how I can print some e-mails without having to print a company logo that appears within the e-mail. I would also like to be able to dispense with the date at the bottom of the page that appears when the e-mail is printed please. Your help would be very much appreciated. Best wishes, Coldm. -- Coldm "Coldm" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:bb50863b1aa9117ff0e0abff87faf0a1@nntp-gateway.com... > > Hi, > > Please can anyone tell me how I can print some e-mails without having > to print...

All Outlook CRM Tracked E-mails Copy to One Specific CRM Account?
An unusual occurance in CRM. All e-mails received to Outlookand then promoted, or Tracked as the button is now labled, are being copied to one particular Account that is unrelated. The e-mail are copied correctly to the history of the desired, defined, accounts and Contacts, but also copy to this one particular e-mail as well. As anyone seen anything like this and have any ideas what could be wrong? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ...

Archive mails
I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange Server 2003. When I am archiving mail, some mails are left. It does not matter which date I use, it is not possible to archive this emails. Ari I recently imported all of our company's employees to an exchange database from regular pst files. Of course may people had mail that was older than dirt so I had a but of cleaning up to do. Outlook's autoarchive uses the "modified" date as it's selection criteria. Use the field chooser to display the modified date to verify that this is what is going on. My casual observation is...

how to disbale outbound emails on specific accounts
hello everyone, i need to block specifc accounts/users from sending outbound emails on different domains. can anyone help me on this? i'm using Exchange Server 2003. Best regards, Farooq Khan A combination of a SMTP connector and delivery restrictions should do the trick. On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:18:38 +0500, "Farooq Khan" <farooq.khan@pk.softechww.com> wrote: >hello everyone, >i need to block specifc accounts/users from sending outbound emails on >different domains. can anyone help me on this? i'm using Exchange Server >2003. > >Best regard...

size of .pst file #2
I have attempted to find the answer to this question by searching this group, but to no avail.... Until recently I was running Outlook 2003 with a single pst file. However, given that it has reached 800MB, and since I wanted to split the storage of personal and work emails, I decided to create 2 additional pst files ('personal' and 'work'). I did just that, following which I moved the relevant folders from within my Inbox structure to the two personal folders. To my suprise the original .pst file did not change in size. I shut down, restarted. I also tried to compact it, which...

E-mail Designation
Can anyone tell me how to designate an e-mail address to a inbox for Outlook. I have 2 e-mail addresses that I would like differentiate into inbox and inbox2. Thank you, Frank You can't - all Outlook mail will deliver to the default in-box. You can then use rules to move the mail to folders of your choice by specifying the identifying information to use to move it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: fhuebler1@aol.com <fhuebler1@aol.com> asked: | Can anyone t...

Outlook 2003 Can Not Send E-Mail
Hello: I am running Outlook 2003, Vista Home Premium, and Windows One Care over a dsl connection to AT&T/SBC. Everything worked fine until about 10 days ago when I began receiving intermittent errors when sending or receiving e-mail. I finally had to switch to manual send/receive just to control number of failed attempts. I made no other changes on any of my settings. Eventually, after several passes on each occasion, I could retrieve and/or send e-mail. Today, I can no longer send e-mail at all, no matter how often I try. I get error message that smtp server not responding. I...

Routing outbound
Using SMTP connectors I know you can route according to the recipient domain. How does one route according to sender? Specifically, I have some internal, valid, outbound, large volume senders that I would like to redirect through another relay and ultimately through a different firewall address to prevent any possibility of them affecting our production system. I'd like to set up an SMTP connector that says, "any email coming from joe@domain.com, send to this specific smarthost..." Any ideas? THANKS ...