Out of Office Replies #2

We currently do not allow "Out of Office" replies anywhere other than our
exchange org.  I recently saw an Out of Office reply which was sent by the
postmaster@domain.com on behalf of Jane Doe.

I think this is a great idea so I went searching for a "how to" and found
nothing.  Anyone have any ideas?  Exchange 2003 doesn't do this out of the
box does it?

0
Larry1946 (14)

Nope - nothing right now.

Once Exchange 2007 is out, you'll be able to have all sorts of custom rules,
and you'll be able to define different Out of Office replies for internal
and external recipients.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Larry" <Larry@domain.local> wrote in message
> We currently do not allow "Out of Office" replies anywhere other than our
> exchange org.  I recently saw an Out of Office reply which was sent by the
> postmaster@domain.com on behalf of Jane Doe.
>
> I think this is a great idea so I went searching for a "how to" and found
> nothing.  Anyone have any ideas?  Exchange 2003 doesn't do this out of the
> box does it?

0
Ben
6/29/2006 3:54:05 PM
"Nothing right now" meaning nothing supported by Microsoft.  But there must
be some way of doing it now because I have seen it as my first message
indicated.  As a matter of fact, here is a paste of the "Out of Office"
reply I have (edited to protect identity)  like I said, this is a great way
to deal with sending Out of Office replies - Now I just need to figure out
how it's done!