Out of office message problem

Exchange 2007, Outlook 2003.  Just recently several users reported that when
they enable OOO with a new date the sender received very old OOO message, not
even the previous one.  Looks like the new OOO was not saved on the server.
How to check what is wrong?

Thanks.

BTW.  Using OWA I don't see the old OOF, not the updated one so it was not
updated for sure.

"Chris" wrote:

> Exchange 2007, Outlook 2003.  Just recently several users reported that when
> they enable OOO with a new date the sender received very old OOO message, not
> even the previous one.  Looks like the new OOO was not saved on the server.
> How to check what is wrong?
>
> Thanks.

Try starting Outlook with the /cleanrules switch.

Try creating a new out of office message of both types (internal and
external) using OWA, save them, then delete them if you want afterward.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> Exchange 2007, Outlook 2003.  Just recently several users reported that
> when
> they enable OOO with a new date the sender received very old OOO message,
> not
> even the previous one.  Looks like the new OOO was not saved on the
> server.
> How to check what is wrong?
>
> Thanks.

0
Ed

How to save outlook messages & contacts if I can't start my os ?
Hi, I know how to solve this problem by using outlook express, but I don't know how to do that using office outlook. I mean pc is broken and my task is to take hdd and save outlook messages and contacts somehow. Any Ideas ? thank you Vilius On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:23:00 -0800, "Vilius Mock�nas" <v_mockunas@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, >I know how to solve this problem by using outlook express, but I don't know >how to do that using office outlook. I mean pc is broken and my task is to >take hdd and save outlook messages and contacts somehow. Any Ideas ? &...

"Ignore original message text" not working with Word as editor on one machine?
I know people have run into this, but has anyone found a solution? I've got one machine that refuses to "Ignore original message text" when I use Word as the Editor. If I just go back, and uncheck use Word as the editor, it works fine (so no, reply ticks are not turned on). On another machine, also with Office XP (but with Windows XP versus Win 2000), it works just fine. Has anyone come across a fix? ...

Excel error message #6
I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error message: "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module TBrun9" How do I correct this? David Look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066 In article <1340701c3f712$da6bdd80$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "David" <macconsulting@prodigy.net> wrote: > I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. > When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error > message: > "Microsoft Visual Basic > Compil...

Date/Time criteria problem
I am trying to create a query that allows a user to select a specific date for which to show results. Following is sample SQL with a fixed criteria: SELECT qryShopJobsIO1.JOB_NO, qryShopJobsIO1.[TOTAL QUANTITY ORDERED], qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE], qryShopJobsIO1.SumOfTotalHours FROM qryShopJobsIO1 WHERE (((qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE])=#4/27/2010#)); This particular example returns no records. I know that I have records for which the ENTRY DATE field is 4/27/2010. I believe that the problem is that the default value of that field (in the table definition) is set to =Now() ...

Message Count does not show correct messages
I have a Public Folder that shows 13 items and 3 unread. I am the only machine with the problem. Anyone else who accesses it is fine and they all have the same permissions I have. Any idea why this is happening. I have created a new profile in Outlook 2002 and get the same results. I have tried deleting the folder and then recreating in public folders and same thing. I don't understand why I am so lucky and have this problem. It is quite annoying. I have also checked that there are no filters applied and there are not. I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 with all SP3 Roll ups on the s...

Service Pack for Office 2003
Just in case you don't know, SP1 for Office 2003 is available.About 18MB download - bit of a bummer on dial up but I managed it, and it seems stable enough of course! Don't know specific fixes. Dave http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2004/up040804.htm#sp1 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips...

Problems with contact!
Hello, I have created a lot of contacts with external address in Active Directory and after I have created Address Lists in Exchange 2003 that contains these contacts. All works fine except 1 contact. When I try to send an email to this contact from Outlook 2003, inmediatly it comes with a non delivery report that says that "The email address doesn�t exist in this organization, please contact administrator......". All other contacts works fine and there are a lot of them that belongs to the same email domain. I have tryed to remove and create again, and refresh and reconstruct the ad...

Problem with date
Hi, I just converted my adp project from Access 2000 to Access 2003. In the 2000 version the date written on the SQL server are OK (mm/dd/yyyy). I use the Access 2000 in French and the SQL server is version 7 in English, and the date is ok on the SQL server. After the conversion the date on the SQL server is dd/mm/yyyy. I used Access 2003 in French and the same sql server that I used with the 2000 version. The regional paramater are the same, English (USA), but my workstation is a Windows French 2000 . The command that insert the data in the sql server is an INSERT INTO with a variable, ...

Exchange 2003: Free/busy problem
Hi, All of a sudden as of a couple of days ago, when anyone in my exchange org tries to invite people to a meeting, a message displays when they try to check the other person's availability that says "No free/busy information could be retrieved" What I noticed that may have changed is that the public folder that apparently used to house this information is gone. So I followed instructions on microsoft's website to reset the system folders. Once that was done, I restarted the info store on all the servers in the admin group... but I still get the "no free/busy&...

Closed Investment Problem
One of my closed investments still appeats on my Money Home Page Investment Summary. All the other investments appearing in the summary are open, except this one. I checked the investment transactions for this investment and they are all correct, resulting in a zero share balance. Help!! How can I get rid of this appearing in the investment summary without deleting all the investment's data? Thanks! http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98 might give you a solution to this. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default...

Problem with "Search box" in Help window
We are using Excel 2003 on XP. This problem is occuring for all users. When you click Help-Microsoft Excel Help, and try to type in the Search for: box under Assistance, the text is inserted into the spreadsheet instead. The only way you can manage to enter any text into this box is to copy it, then right-click paste it into that box (Edit-Paste and Ctrl+V do not work) I can't find anything in the kbase (except for the tip about pasting). What is up with this? ...

Problem with CTreeCtrl and WS_CLIPCHILDREN
Hi All, I have a modeless dialog that is a child of a view. The dialog has the WS_CLIPCHILDREN flag set so that it reduces the flickering effect of resize and redraws. The dialog has a CTreeCtrl with tooltips. Here is the problem: If I have a enough items in the tree control to where the vertical scroll bar is shown, and an item is long enough where the tooltip shows up. When I hover over a long item and the tooltip is up, if I scroll the tree control the new item which should be drawn where the tooltip was in not drawn at all (the background of the dialog box is drawn instead). This is e...

Out of Office Assistant #29
This is not on the Tools menu of Ooutlook 2002, and the Help fix is to: On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options. Click Add-In Manager. Select the option Exchange Extensions commands. This is checked and still no Out of Office - is there another install this needs? "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019001c3db95$2eb3ef20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > This is not on the Tools menu of Ooutlook 2002, and the > Help fix is to: On the Tools menu, click Options. > Click the Other tab, and then click ...

E-mail signature: problem with tables
I have created an e-mail signature using a table to control the layout and formatting. This is fine until I reply or forward a message, as the signature then joins to the message I am trying to forward/reply to. I have gone into Advanced Edit > Table > Table Properties and set the text wrapping to 'None', which seems to work. However, when I make any edits to the signature it resets the table wrapping back to 'around', so that I get the problem repeated. Any ideas? EssexSi <EssexSi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an e-mail signature ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

Public Folder Replication problems #4
I have 2 exchange 2003 servers in the same exchange org. I added the new exchange 2003 server to the public older replication but the folders did not replicatce. Both servers have the same patches. Below is: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: Replication Errors Event ID: 3093 Date: 9/19/2005 Time: 9:09:45 AM User: N/A Computer: SYNMAIL1 Description: Error -2147221233 reading property 0x674b0014 on object type tbtMsgFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (SYNMAIL1)". For more information, click http://www.microso...

FAX notification problem
SBS 2003 R2 SP2 is installed and working pretty well. FAX's are received, sent to a selected folder just fine. Notifications doesn't work. I have tried sending to a local Exchange user or an internet address and it doesn't happen. What I'm trying to find is what is the transport that the system uses for this messaging. I don't see any related event messages. Any help would be appreciated. Doug Sanders Hi Doug, Thanks for your post. First of all, I still would like to suggest you double check the fax recipients notification configurat...

Publisher 2007 Birthday card jpg rotation problem
I'm running SP2 MSO and selected the Birthday 4 template. It's a side fold card template. I wanted to change the image on the front (page 1) and the inside left (page 2). I had two jpgs on my computer, so I used Insert-Picture-From File... . In each case when they were inserted, I need to rotate them CCW 90 degrees, so I grabbed the green dot rotate handle and rotated them so they were right side up (they were flowers). I then added a text box above each one. The print preview showed the correct orientation of the flowers with respect to the text above them for both page 1 and pag...

Workflow Posturl problem
HI I have created a webservice in .net that takes the lead id then queries our ordering system and writes some data back to CRM. When i add the post url in workflow manager and then create a lead, the action enters the workflow monitor in a paused state it also write the following to the even log MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: <description>Error in action posturl.</description><details>Failed to connect the url http://localhost/test/OrderCheck.asmx/DoOrderCheck...

There is a problem with this website's security certificate
Hello, I bought an SSL certificate for my server (Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.0). Server included already a web site with SSL certificate, so I created a 2nd web site with different IP and different SSL certificate and different application pool that is running. When I try to access the 2nd web site I get a message from IE "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." If I click on option "Continue to this website (not recommended)", I get error "service unavailable" What could be the problem ? 1st web site is running without ...

The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your help ad
I'm trying to open email that contains forwarded email's. I'm using Outlook 2002 w/SP-2 and XP Pro on clean installs. I can save the attachments but would like to just display them if possible. ...

Out of Office will not tell user that it is on
Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he turns it on, it will not pop him with the message that his out of office reply is on, would he like to turn it off....this is very important to him and I really need to find a solution to this problem. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried turning it off and then back on with no success. Pain in the Outlook wrote: > Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex > > I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he > turn...

[ANN] Office 2008 12.0.1 update
Hi All, The Office 20089 12.0.1 update is now available on Mactopia: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx It should soon also be available through Auto-update. 114.1MB!!! The KB describing the update is not yet live on the MS site so at this time I do not yet have the release note, but it will be available here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=108496 The updater is a .mpkg package (so it is installable through over a network through ARD :-) ). Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://...

Activating Office for Mac 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I'm a newbie on here and would appreciate any help offered for this infuriating problem of trying to activate my Office for Mac 2008 software. I bought a new MacBook and ordered the software from Digital River as I work for the NHS. I downloaded and installed the software no problem. When I tried to open Word or any other program, I get the activation screen. At that point it says that my product key is invalid!! I have emailed microsoft (who advised me on how to download??) countless times and spent a coup...

Workbook Memory Problem
I have worked up an excel document that consists of four sheets, one sheet being the data entry sheet which then in turn post data to the other sheets providing needed information. It also includes links to external workbooks to calculate the end result. When the output is posted we then need to save the workbook for future reference for up to one year. Problem: The files are consistently around 1.5 megs after the data is posted which at the frequency that the forms are created is not ideal. So what would you suggest? *Some brainstorming I had: Do I save it as data file that will not...