Out of Office doesn't reply the external mails after migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 #2

After I have made an In-Place migration of Exchange server with all of the
mailboxes on it without using exmerge, the Out-of-Office of most of the old
users, which are created before migration, replies only the internal mails
but no more external mails. The Out-of -Office of the new users, which are
created after migration, works however very well.

Using Mdbvu32.exe (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248709/en-us) I have
removed the inbox rules (each row with CB items, OOF Rules or MSFT:TDX OOF
Rules under "Associated Messages in Fld") and even all rules in an inbox
under it.  But this has not helped the Out-of-Office of the old user to
work.

The reports in log file on the exchange server are:
22:21 it has tried, the operation of the rule-id 1-2A0627 to execute.
          The type of the operation is "out-of-Office Reply".
22:21 the operation of the rule-id 1-2A0627 was break off.  A rule in inbox
can't be
          triggered off for a message, where the automatic reply is blocked

I would be very grateful, if anyone has a solution for me. Thanks!

MX Records #2 #2
I would like to setup an MX record #2 of weigh 20 for another location - not on same domain or even same network. The goal is to hold mail in case that primary MX record / server is down. How do I setup the SECOND server for this setup? Thank you. On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:41:55 -0500, ">>Smith<<" <jjsmith@msn.com> wrote: >I would like to setup an MX record #2 of weigh 20 for another location - not >on same domain or even same network. The goal is to hold mail in case that >primary MX record / server is down. How do I setup the SECOND server for...

exchange 2003 rule wizard not working
Hi, I had a email rule set-up which use to forward a copy of some emails I received from selected people in my mailbox to my home email address, and also move it to another folder now since my work has moved to active directory from novel this does not work.. please note it does move it to the other folder just doesnt forward it to a external email address Any ideas why this doesn't work anymore and how it can be resolved. or if there is a setting or something that needs to be changed. Any help would be appreciated annoyed Automatic forwarding and replying to the Internet is disabled b...

Date Subtraction #2
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K. I would like to enter a date in a cell (eg Oct-05) and have the preceding 11 cells automatically put the previous months in. Example: In cell A15 = Oct-05 (entered) In cell A14 = Sep-05 (automatically) In cell A13 = Aug-05 (automatically) In cell A12 = Jul-05 (automatically) etc etc etc Is there a formula that can do this? Any help will be much appreciated...thanks ! John On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:34:57 -0800, "John Calder" <JohnCalder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I run Win2K with Excel 2K. > >I would like to ent...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Using Lotus 123 command in excel 2003
I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use lotus 123 command. Why so? Please help me Rao Ratan Singh Why would you? I believe it allows for some things to be done and you can go to tools>options>transition to change a few things -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0267594A-0E71-4A73-89B1-C78B788545C7@microsoft.com... >I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use > lotus 123 command. > > Why so? ...

Out-of-office twin replies

outlook 2003 #358
Hi, I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. How can I do? Thanks Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send Receive and highlight your account and then Edit and look on that page and it will show you there on what to do -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "xxx" <xxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eMzdWYgrJHA.6020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. > > How can I do?...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

How to get an reply to your question
The web forum that interfaces with the Office newsgroup (NNTP) has been broken since Sept. The people that volunteer their time to answer questions do not use the Mactopia forum and can't see your messages. If you use a newsreader rather than the Mactopia interface to this newsgroup you can download old messages and search for answers or start a new question. If you are not familiar with a newsreader, Entourage's basic newsreader already has the Microsoft News server included. All you do is subscribe to the newsgroups you want. See this page for help: <http://www.entourage.mvps.o...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

migration #3
hell0 any good articles about migration from exch2000 to exch2003. thanks Hi , This material will help you. Upgrading Exchange 2000 to 2003 822942 Considerations When You Upgrade to Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822942 Upgrading from Exchange 2000Server http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn ol/exchange/Exchange2003/proddocs/library/DepGuide.asp Exchange Windows Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/TiWinNet.asp How to upgrade to Exchange Server 2003 by using the swing upgrade method http://support...

mail merge from Microsoft Works Address book to make labels
I have 850 addresses in the Address Book located in Microsoft Works. I'm running XP and have Publisher 2003 and Word options to make these labels, but I can't seem to get either to locate this address book. Please HELP. I'm on a deadline Mellisa Hi Mellisa @ Midwest (Mellisa @ Midwest@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have 850 addresses in the Address Book located in Microsoft Works. || I'm running XP and have Publisher 2003 and Word options to make || these labels, but I can't seem to get either to locate this address || book. Please...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

0x8004010f error starting Exchange 2003 info store
I've deployed a few Exchange 2007 servers in our org and moved some mailboxes to them. Additionally, I've moved some roles (OAB generation, RUS...) to those Exchange 2007 servers. Immediately, and without warning, our Exchange 2003 servers are no longer able to start their Information Store or MTA Stack services. When trying to start the info store, I get these two errors: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1121 Date: 4/24/2007 Time: 4:34:13 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCH7 Description: Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Act...

Outlook 2003 Message Field "In Folder"
Hello, I am having a problem (I think) with moving messages in Outlook. I move a message for example from the Inbox into the Drafts folder, and the "in folder" field on the message shows Inbox, instead of Drafts. This only seems to happen when moving messages to the Drafts folder. Is this meant to do this or should the "In Folder" field say Drafts and not the previous folder the message was in? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Appologies the user has informed me that this happens when moving messages to ANY folder, the previuos folder name is dis...

e-mail vendor for EFT payment
Have the ability in Dynamics GP to automatically generate an e-mail to a vendor when you have made an EFT payment. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b76b4fc8-...

Cannot send mail either!!!
Hello please see error message below. Is there a straightforward fix for this. I read the other post regarding .dll -- I am more confused. I am running Vista Home Premium, 32 bit and IE 7. This has been going on for several days. I tried to download the update mentioned KB978542 and it says "not applicable to my system", thus this is not the culprit for my system, yet same timing and problem as others who have recently posted. Losing work day by day due to inability to email. Is Microsoft going to be accountable?? The message could not be sent. The authenticati...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Garbled text on Incoming e-mail
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355917062_1217744 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit This problem occurred this morning, 5/5/10. I did not change any settings. Certain of my incoming mail is garbled text. Some e-mails are not affected. Often, only portions, generally the body text of the e-mails is garbled text. I checked the e-mail servers separately on the internet by logging in directly with the servers - Go...

Not able to empty All Mail file
The file imap.gmail.com/gmail/All Mail continues to get larger and larger and I can't seem to delete anything from it. If I highlight an item, press Delete or press the X (delete) button on the header, a line gets drawn thru the file name and the header button X goes dim. But, when I return to the file, the item is still there. I need to clean out the last two years of records from All Mail and I need instructions on how to do it. Thanks in advance -- DickDV "DickDV" <DickDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D86DAF5-CB03-417F-9...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

Where do you find clip art in Publisher 2003?
I just upgraded from Publisher 97 to Publisher 2003 with digital imaging. I have not figured out how to find clip art. I am used to putting the CD in to pull up the clip art. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice, as I was instructed and still cannot get passed the insert, clip art command. Thanks for any help, Bunny <Bunny@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I just upgraded from Publisher 97 to Publisher 2003 with digital > imaging. I have not figured out how to find clip art. I am used to > putting the CD in to pull up the cl...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel