Out of Disk Space........ Help!!

Suddenly I am out of disk space. It seems that the IMC
OUT Archive has grown so large you cannot even do a dir
listing of it. How do I clear the archive files to
reclaim space ?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74721)

You can safely delete contents of IN\ARCHIVE and OUT\ARCHIVE folders.
You also can disable message archival if you do not need it in IMC
props\Diag logging tab.

froggy wrote:

> Suddenly I am out of disk space. It seems that the IMC
> OUT Archive has grown so large you cannot even do a dir
> listing of it. How do I clear the archive files to
> reclaim space ?
>
> Thanks

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
3/1/2004 7:13:04 AM
To help completely answer the original question, go to a command (MS-DOS)
prompt, change to the directory there and don't bother running a dir of it.
Just delete the contents of it.

The other option would be to just delete the folder and then create a new
one with the same name. You may need to stop the IMS temporarily to do so,
but that should be it...

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>You can safely delete contents of IN\ARCHIVE and OUT\ARCHIVE folders.
>You also can disable message archival if you do not need it in IMC
>props\Diag logging tab.
>
>froggy wrote:
>
>> Suddenly I am out of disk space. It seems that the IMC
>> OUT Archive has grown so large you cannot even do a dir
>> listing of it. How do I clear the archive files to
>> reclaim space ?
>>
>> Thanks

0
rroddy (682)

HELP
I'm programing with Microsoft Access 2003 an Invoice, so I have 2 Tables Header and Lines both linked by the field InvoiveNumber. On the "Detail" part of the form: First are the data related with the Client and Invoice (InvoiceNr(autonumber), Invoice date, Client Name,....) Second it displays a subform related to lines of the Invoice, that is the Products, price, quantity, value,... At last the Vat tax and the total of the invoice and a button to print the Invoice that is nothing more then a report. Everything works fine BUT, there is always a BUT, the Vat tax and Inv...

First deployment of .net winforms help needed
Hello, I've never had to deploy a .net solution (winforms) before. In the past (with COM) I'd have to register any dlls with regsvr32. Now with .net we don't have to do that but I'm not sure exactly how to deploy a .net solution. If I compiled a visual studio project in .net 3.5 I need to make sure the destination server is running .net 3.5. Then I just use xcopy to copy the exe and dlls into any directory and that's it? What if I wish to put the dlls in a separate directory? how will the exe find it? I'd really appreciate any help or links on how to dep...

broke disk
just bought laptop and broke my msoffice disk i have the product key how can i upload or download the program with out having to pay for a new disk Download the trial version and then use your key "clumsy me" <clumsy me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F80712D-FC69-4410-BDCC-BCE720F3388E@microsoft.com... > just bought laptop and broke my msoffice disk i have the product key how > can > i upload or download the program with out having to pay for a new disk > ...

help moving to new exchange server
Hi i have hopefully a quick and easy question. we are in the process of migrating our exchange 5.5 server, to exchange 2003. what i need as a quick easy way to modify everyones outlook profile to point to the new server. the new server is in a whole new org, and with a new name. we are using outlook 98,2000,xp, and 2003 i'm leaning towards using the .prf files, but what i am hoping is that someone else has done this and has some scripts already made :) Thanks for any help anyone can give. Where do you get stuck with creating a prf-file? A better way to do it is by using the foll...

please help with this issue
I have a workbook with approx. 25-30 worksheets in it with the last being an overview of the others. I use this workbook to track some basketball stats. What I need to do is to: countif cell A9 of sheet 1 thru sheet 30 are populated with a text letter (P for played), the resultant of the countif will be used to divide into an overall sum of points - thus giving an average points per game. Any suggestions Thanks Dudley Hi Dudley if you list the names of your sheets in an area of the summary worksheet (e.g. A1:A30) you can use the following formula =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'...

Public Folders missing after going from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003!!! HELP!
Ok - this is what happened. I was following along in MS KB #316886, and I was on page 5 where it talks about the migration of Public Folders and Mailboxes. What I did was (I didn't read the directions carefully, I know) I went to move the Public Folders to the new 2003 Exchange server. I went to the 5.5 Admin program, and went to the Public Folder that I wanted to move, and I went to Properties, and the Replicas Tab. I misunderstood the directions. So basically, how it was set up was: BEFORE: Servers: Replicate Folders To: EXCH3 EXCHANG EXCH2K3 AFTER: Servers: ...

Win XP Pro Bootup Disk
I have downloaded a file WinXP_EN_PRO_BF.EXE Windows XP Pro Startup Disk 310994 This file prepared 6 floppy disks to startup to setup Win XP Pro SP3. Th�se disks 2-6 appears to contain the compressed file. My question is 1. Is it safe to use disk #1 just to bootup the computer? It would not interfere with the current setup? 2. Are the disks 2-6 good enough to evive the system, if not, what other folder and files needed on the hd? I am sorry I have no experience of XP setup. Any help would be much appreciated. "...

high disk queue and pages/sec activity on mailbox servers
we have 3 Exchange 2003 mailbox servers that house our mailboxes. Exch1 and Exch2 house the majority of our mailboxes. On these two servers, I am seeing a high instance continually of DiskQueue and Pages/sec values while not so on Exch3. As an added note, we also have BES enterprise and Enterprise Vault in our environment. I only mention those because they interface with the mailboxes but my gut tells me that the problem is more related to the number of mailboxes on Exch1 and Exch2....Anyway, I'm new to troubleshooting Exchange so I'm looking for experienced directio...

multiple sheets, need help please
I have a multiple sheet workbook. I want one cell on my second sheet to show either one cell or the other, depending on what is selected, from my first sheet. How can I do this? Thank you. Where you want that result to appear, create a formula using the IF function. The equation will be something like =if(a1=1,Sheet1!b4,Sheet1!c5). The first argument (up to the first comma) is the condition, a logical test. If it's true, then the result of the second argument will be the function's result; otherwise the third argument will be the result. The easiest way to enter the cell re...

After migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 I get a connect problem -- Please Help!!
Sometimes a user tries to connect to the Exchange Server from Outlook a window pops up stating that exchange is in recovery mode and gives you a choice to to connect, wait, exit (something close to that). I would have thought that the recovery part by now would be complete but 2 months later still doing the same thing Thank You Will There is a name resolution problem on your network. Make sure that DNS suffix on server and clients do match, and DNS server can be contacted by user's machines. MS Newbie wrote: > Sometimes a user tries to connect to the Exchange Server from Outloo...

formatting a spreadsheet help
I have a few different dilemas going on here. First: Can a conditional format be set up in Vista or Windows 7 both 64 bit, and saved in 97-2003 excel saving the conditional formats? Second: I have a spreadsheet column A is my received date, Column B is Stock #, Column C is Serial #, Column G is my finished date. What I need to be able to do: When I enter information into Column C (Serial #), I need some type of notification if that same number has been entered within a six month time period from my Column G (Finished date). 1. Yes. However, there are some formats which only Ex...

help: how protect formulas in workbook?
Can we locked cells with formulas from editing in one step? When I select cells with formulas in all worksheets by selecting all worksheets and give properties "locked" in Format -Cells-Protection tab and when I try to protect worksheet by Tools-Protection-Protect Sheet is not available. Can we protect all worksheet in workbook in one step or we must do it sheet by sheet? Thanks. spanic -- spanic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spanic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5105 View this thread: ht...

HELP! Need to save in Excel 2.1 format
Hi I have excel 2007, and the datasystem here only accepts excel 2.1 format files. How can i convert or save in excel 2.1 format? I'd really appreciate any input, even link to some external convert program. Thanks Hi, Why you don't try to save it as excel 5.0 It should work when saving as scroll almost to the bottom there you will find excel 5.0 "Poppe" wrote: > Hi > > I have excel 2007, and the datasystem here only accepts excel 2.1 format > files. > > How can i convert or save in excel 2.1 format? > > I'd really appreciate any input,...

Space above/below table
I'm working on a template in Word 2004 (to be used on Mac and Windows from 2003 - 2008) and tables are winning right now. When I insert a table, it using the Table Grid table style and has no space above and below. If I edit the table style Table Grid and choose to modify the Table Properties, the first time I edit the style it will apply the settings I enter in Distance from surrounding text or Vertical Position. However, if I apply the style and then edit it again to tweak the distance, it ignores it and doesn't change anything. Even when I save the style with the correct...

help on reminders
i have a table named tblProduct and then there is a field MaturityDate.. what i want to happen is that every time the product reaches its maturity date, a pop-up form or some sort of reminder wuold appear everytime the database is opened.. please...any help would be much appreciated ... thank you in advance -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 Check out: http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1404836&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1 ai_enjoi wrote: >i have a table n...

Check box help in Word 2007
I have inserted check boxes into a document using the Check Box form field. The user has to go through the document, checking the boxes that apply in a particular client's situation, so it's different every time. I cannot lock the document because it is set up for a merge. Other than having to double click on the check box, then click checked, then click OK (phew!), is there a shortcut, a faster way to do check/uncheck these boxes? I seem to remember (perhaps it was an older version) that a simple double click used to check or uncheck the box. Which makes a lot more ...

Local Disk Anomaly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007B_01CA9EBA.8799F500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable At some unknown point in time over the last few weeks a new local disk = "Q" has appeared on my system. It shows, along with my normal c, d & e = (dvd) drives when I click computer. Properties shows capacity of 0 = bytes. When I check windows management console Q does not show up. It = also does not show up when I run Paragon Partition Manager. How can I = tell where this l...

For Each Next help
Here is my code. Dim C As Range For Each C In Range("TotalsCells").Resize(1, 0) -----IT FAILS AT THIS LINE Cells.FormulaR1C1 = "SUM(R2C:R[-1]C)" Next C I have a couple of questions. Is my variable declaration correct? I want to inspect each cell in the range. Is my Resize syntax correct for inspecting each cell? Is my Sum syntax correct? Thanks in advance for your help. On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:06:18 -0700 (PDT), troy_lee@comcast.net wrote: >Here is my code. > >Dim C As Range > For Each C In Range("TotalsCells"...

Help me identify the symbols in "Icon" field of my Inbox in Outloo
How does one manage such a query in the simplistic "Help" offered by these people? Where can I find the answer to my question? "Icon" in the search and help facility treat it only as icon the symbol in Windows, not as a specific header in my Inbox in Outlook 2003, the Email program of Microsoft Office. How does one manage a post in which the user failed even to post a question? You force us to guess what it is. That wastes our time and yours. My guess as to what your question is would have this answer: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm -- Russ Valentine [...

HELP - Organization Unit Disappeared
We had an organizational unit disappear - if I do a 'find' the users are still 'out there somewhere and can adjust their properties, but the OU is gone 1) - if I recreate the OU - where are these users to get them back in? You may want to ask this question in AD group. CL wrote: > We had an organizational unit disappear - if I do a 'find' the users are > still 'out there somewhere and can adjust their properties, but the OU is > gone > > 1) - if I recreate the OU - where are these users to get them back in? > > ...

Please, please help with this
Here's the scenario: I have a text box that has 2 lines of information. The first line has a font color of red The second line has a font color of black At the end of the first line is a paragraph return. Here's an example Jane Doe (this is red font) Newest Member (this is black font) OK, I want to copy Sally Sue onto the line witih Jane Doe, so I highlight the name Jane Doe and choose paste. The problem is, when Sally Sue is included it becomes BLACK (the font color of the second row) and doesn't stay RED (the font color of the previous item). How can I tell the system N...

read only on disk
Whenever I save an Excel file to a CDRW it saves as a read-only even though the original file was not. How can I keep this from happening? Thanks! Hi, I have read your initial question, and I would like to get some additional specifics on your issue: - Does the behavior persist if you save the Microsoft Excel file to the hard drive first, then move it to the CDRW drive, rather than try to save the file directly to the CDRW from Excel? - Does similar behavior occur when attempting to save Microsoft Word files directly to CDRW as well? I do not believe that Microsoft Office applicat...

Help Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :-( #2
please help me if you can :) or if its not possible then can you tel me Gaz : -- Gaztaa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gaztaag's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1508 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

Help adding a check box in Publisher
I am making a simple form for our sales people to use when collecting customer information. I am trying to a boxes that can be checked, next to certain criteria. I have tried the boxes in Symbols and SymbolPS. However when I print them out on my Dell Laser printer, they print as another symbol. I Just want an empty box. Any ideas. Have you tried the Wingdings symbols? Or you could create a small square, no wrap, and position it. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bamhr67" <Bamhr67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F276FF4A-FF11-41B8-BE32-6A74B2...

help
hello, i am modifying the diskperf sample in the wdk so that i can communicate with it from user land. the diskperf sample is WDM. at the end of DriverEntry, i do: RtlInitUnicodeString( &ntUnicodeString, NT_DEVICE_NAME ); status = IoCreateDevice(DriverObject, 0, &ntUnicodeString, FILE_DEVICE_UNKNOWN, FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN, FALSE, &deviceObject ); where NT_DEVICE_NAME is defined as : #define NT_DEVICE_NAME L"\\Device\\DiskPerfTest" then i set up the symbolic link. then, in the IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL handler, i do a check for some IOCTRL code...