Orphaned Exchange 5.5 Objects

Hi All,

I'm having an Exchange 5.5 orphaned object problem.
I've managed to re-create the problem in a test environment, which is a step
in the right direction :)

I have a single exchange organisation consisting of 2 sites, each site has
only
a single exchange server.  These are connected with an x.400 connectors, with
a directory connector running over the top of this.

I have created a level public folder which an instance of which is
replicated to the other site. This folder exists in the public information
store on both sites.

Each of the sites then creates sub folders under this top level folder.
Instances of these folders are not replicated to the other sites.  The
existance of the folders from
the other sites is replicated to the pub.edb on the others site, so an entry
for these
folders appears in the public folders for each site.

When attempting to access the properties of the public folders that do not
exist on the local public information store I get the following error.
80004005-0507-00000000.  I guess that this tells me that the folder has not
been replicated to the information store at the local site ?

If I attempt to get the raw properties of the object there are no problems.
I suspect that this is because the raw properties come from the directory, is
this the case ?  If so does this mean that the non-raw properties of the
object come from the information store rather than the directory ?

If one of the servers is taken off-line without cleanly closind down the
connection
between the sites, how can the non local public folders be removed from the
public folder hierachy on the other server ?

Regards

Paul
0
Paul297 (622)

Exchange migration question
I read a white paper that says that the Active Directory domain containing the Exchange servers must be in NATIVE mode so that Universal Security Groups for email can be used. I don't know about the security groups, but is it true you have to be operating in Native to put an Exchange 2003 server on it? Things do seem to work smoother during the transition if it is in native mode, however, it does not have to be Windows2003 native mode to accomplish Exchange loading. What mode is your AD in? (Windows 2003 Native, Windows 2000 native, or Windows 2000 mixed) CJ wrote: > I read...

NotSupportedException on Windows CE 6.0 not on Windows CE 5.0
Hello, I have an application (developed with .Net CF 2.0) that works fine on my target device with Windows CE 5.0. I have ported Windows CE 6.0 on my target but my application randomly crash with a "NotSupportedException". I have no idea....it is randomly.... Any Ideas ? Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer Paolo Patierno wrote: > I have an application (developed with .Net CF 2.0) that works fine on my > target device with Windows CE 5.0. > I have ported Windows CE 6.0 on my target but my application randomly > crash with a &...

new exchange server #4
hi working as exchange administrator.we are running exchange server 2003 locally.domain name is intersol.co.in.we having head office in us having valid mail domain intersol.com running.now we want to change our mail domain server to intersol.in to intersol.com. vpn tunnel established between both offices .please let me know 1) what steps i need from my side(india) to run us side mail server . 2) what actions i need to ask the us side admin people 3) whether we can keep exchange server intersol.com locally please help me thanks manthri You can get by with just one Exchange ser...

Orphaned Meetings
Recently migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2007. User_1 had created an infinite recurring meeting in 2003 that was migrated to 2007. User_1 no longer with company, mailbox has been removed. .. User_2 was originally a participant, but is now listed as organizer. Meeting does not show up in User_2 Calendar. Event log reports 'warnings' that refer to these items. .. User_2 had forwarded me an old invitation, which added me to meeting participants. It showed in my calendar, but not User_2. .. Is is possible to 'change' the organizer of a meeting? If not, how can I ...

See the queue between a 5.5 server and a 2000 server in the same site
Hi, We have two exchange servers, one a 5.5 and one a 2K. The 2K server is down and I need to see how many emails are queued ready to send the the 2K server, where is this in the exchange 5.5 admin program? Thanks, -- Regards, Darryl Please remove NOSPAM from email address to reply to me. Bring up the properties of the Message Transfer Agent and click the Queues tab. There will be a queue for the E2k server. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Darryl" <darryl.parkyn@NOSPAManson.gg> wrote in message new...

Exchange 2003 restore mailbox after AD account deleted
I'm trying to do a restore on an Exchange 2003 cluster from tape. The catch is that the user account has long been deleted and per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824126/en-us exmerge won't display the mailbox in the recovery group if the original mailbox is moved (or in this case, nonexistent). In our old 2000 restore environment this was easy since we restored to a completely different domain/exchange org and attached the mailbox to a temporary account. In another article we found mention of creating a new AD account and changing the msExchMailboxGUID attribute to match the ...

Migrate exchange 2k to new exchange 2k3 server
I have a 2000 server with exchange 2000 on it and the hardware is out of date so It's time to move to a new server. I have windows 2k3 and exchange 2k3 ready to go, but the current domain is 2000 and changing the domain to 2k3 is a bit fuzzy for me. Basically, i'm looking for articles or help on how to change my domain to 2k3 and get all the info from the exchange 2000 server to the new exchange 2k3 server without having to go to every workstation and change the outlook server settings. Thanks in advance! Hello Joe178, > I have a 2000 server with exchange 2000 on it and th...

there is no such object on the server
We have a four node active passive active passive cluster. One of our virtual servers is ok but on the second when we try to right click and go into and exchange server mailbix store we get an error There is no such object on the server Facility Win32 ID no: c0072030 Exchange System Manager. any help or pointers would be much appreciated Is the VS running OK, all the mailboxes functioning? Is this error generated on the server itself or are you trying to do this remotely? Nue "soulwaxer" <soulwaxer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C051D0C-137D-411D-A948...

Exchange Training?
Hello All, I'm looking for some recommdations on Exchange 2003 training. Particularly courses on administering & troubleshooting 2003. Maybe something with AD/LDAP as well since they are tied together so closely. If there's any good online courses or education centers in the greater Pacific Northwest area that someone has good experience with, a recomendation would be appreciated. Thanks, -Bob Bob: Since I'm an MCT, my implant tells me what I have to post. :-) If you go online to Microsoft (www.microsoft.com/train_cert), you should be able to find a coup...

Easy Econnect 7.5 AR Distributions Question
I'm trying my first attempt at importing an invoice transaction as an Receivables Transaction using the taRMTransaction class. I can import it fine, however, I can't post the batch because the distributions are not linked to any GL accounts appropriately. At first I wasn't using the taRMDistribution_ItemsTaRMDistribution class at all. Now I'm using it and debiting one account and crediting another. That works too, however, when I inquire on that transaction and look at the distributions, there are now 4 distributions. The 2 I imported and 2 for the same 2 a...

migration exchange 2003
We have an exchange Server 5.5 under windows 2000 running with to sites. In the next couple of month we would like to make an upgrade to active directory windows 2003 with exchange 2003 so is it possible with the exchange 2003 to just join the site in the existing exchange Server 5.5 and then move the mailboxes within the site and do i have to change both sites a once oder can i do this succesively. Any Yes, it is a good idea to join the existing site and then move the mailboxes to the exchange 2003. To migrate users from 2000 to 2003 you can use ADMT tools or make an In place upgrade...

1:4 ratio GC proces to Exchange 2003 procs
I have a question about the ratio of GC processors to Exchange processors as outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875427/en-us. Do you include the passive excahnge nodes in the equation? No since it's not actively talking to the GC so it's not using resources. The ratio does not really account for anything else that may be utilizing resources on your GC such as SPAM apps, directory synchs, or anthing else you may have as well. James Chong randomuser wrote: > I have a question about the ratio of GC processors to Exchange > processors as outlined in http://support.micros...

exchange 2003 sp2 #12
right now im running windows 2003 enterprise ed 64 bit, i have ad and exchange 2003 and other servers as well.. i dont have sp2 on my exchange server yet. i want to install it especially since im gettin slammed with spam. now i understand sp2 is supposed to stop this, but will this create a bottleneck and slow down my incoming mail??? is sp2 the best remedy for spam? is there anything better? is sp2 even necesary to install or is it essential?? MS has intelligent message filtering which is their free product released with Exchange sp1. Sp2 has a newer version of this, so yes you wou...

SMTP Routing from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello, here's my problem: I have an exchange 5.5 (frontend) managing @domain.com and i want this server to relay part of received messages to my AD, @ad.local. what is the easyest way to achieve this issues. I don't want to forward from each mailbox on the 5.5 i'd rather have a global method. thanks ...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool problems
I'm am having issues running the Calendar Update Tool and Calendar Items moving. 1) Server Patches are installed (DST) 2) Client Patches are installed (DST) 3) Exchange 2003 DST patch installed. 4) Trying to run Exchange Calenar update Tool on step 4 I am having issues. I used msextmzcfg.exe to generate the input and ini files and verified that the ini file is correct (points the the correct ExchangeDN, location of proper tzmove.exe file, outlook.exe location, registry location). I have a test input file with 2 users (including myself). I run the batch file that was created by msext...

Exchange and IMAP accounts under one profile
I have configured Outlook 2003 SP1 with an Exchange account (Exchange 5.5) as well an IMAP account (Exchange 2003). This is done so that I can use one user profile to see mail from both my work and personal e-mail accounts. That aspect works great, however, when I create a new message and designate it to send from my IMAP account, it is sent from my Exchange account. The only exceptions to this are messages sent to addresses of the same domain as the IMAP account. These are properly processed. Is this not how Outlook 2003 is intended to be configured? Additional information: I...

My dilema... Exchange but of course...
Hello All- I have this scenario.... a client of mine had an ad server that died a terrible death - and fortunately they had a backup, actually 10 tapes that were not documented at all.... but o well. The server has now been receovered and is fully functional (all ad related stuff and all data has been restored and it all works well). Except for my friend and yours exchange 2000.... here is what i have... the exchange 2000 priv/pub files edb and stm. the files are reported by veritas as a 24GB restore yet the only have on info store? I now have an exchange 2003 enterprise system up a...

IMAP on exchange 2003/outlook
This might belong in the Outlook forum but... So I'm a bit confused and I know this is pretty simple but I need to configure IMAP in Outlook/Thunderbird for a email distribution group as in multiple users will check this dist group by talking to our Exc 2003 server. The dist group has about 6 users. My question is this - what logon account is used? Since this is a dist group and isn't associated with an account in AD does that mean that the users in the dist group all have access? I know the in and out servers - for ex below. in (imap) - mail1.mycompany.com out (smtp) - smtp.mycom...

What Outlook capabilities without Exchange Server?
Do anybody know, what capabilities remains in Outlook if use outlook 2003 in organization without Exchange server? Only use Outlook smtp mailboxes with external mail server provider. I know, that will be no Public Folders, no ability to see calendars of other colleges. And what else? Can I do Meeting Request, Task Request and so on? ...

Add exchange user
Hello Can anyone help with this problem. Reciently the exchange mailbox store databases crashed and I have replaced it with a new mail box store. However one client do not want to reconnect the user mailbox. When I try to add the user it tells me the operation failed. Thanks If I were you, I would ask this in the Exchange newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.exchange.admin -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Zakaria" wrot...

Exchange 2003 Envelope Journaling not working
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope journaling to work. I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal formatted messages. I have verified with LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the Exchange Org object. Anyone else seen this before or have any advice? Thanks --- Greg Reboot maybe? greg@intellireach.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I...

Exchange Password Issue
I will explain this problem as best I can. I have a Windows based network, with a windows server 2003 domain controller and an exchange server 2003, which is also a back up domain controller. Every 30 days users are required to change their windows logon password, this is set up through group policy. When users change their Windows logon passwords it does not replicate to the exchange server, so when they try to open their email it prompts them for a password, then when they enter their new password it does not work and they end up getting locked out of their accounts. Then what I do is...

how to move exchange 5.5 mailboxes to exchange 2003 on new server
hi we have three old server, its running nt server and exchange 5.5, we buy three new server,its running server 2003 and exchange 2003 we want ntserver and exchange 5.5 mailboxes,public folders, databases move to exchange 2003 on the new server. how to can i do? Well thanks Check this doc http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77b6d819-c7b3-42d1-8fbb-fe6339ffa1ed&displaylang=en "Selcuk ARSLAN" wrote: > hi > we have three old server, its running nt server and exchange 5.5, we buy > three new server,its running server 2003 and exchange 2003 > w...

Deleted Mailboxes in Exchange 2003
I cannot get the option to reconnect a mailbox that disappeared on it's own after I hid it in AD. I hid it because there was an error on the backup that stated it could not open the IS. It is not in the Mailbox Recovery Center. Is this because we are not fully AD. Each user's AD account is disabled and their NT 4.0 user account is attached to their mailbox? How can I properly retrieve the mailbox from Exchange or do I have to re-create the AD account and restore from an old b/u? Still have Exchange 5.5 around? What server was this mailbox on when you hid it from the GAL? &quo...

How to verify if Service Pack installed in Exchange Server
I am not able to find if Exchange Service pack installed in Blackberry server through ESM, Is there any way to check if SP is installed ?? Thanks in Advance.. -- Regards Sanjay Kumar On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:46:31 -0800, Sanjay Kumar <SanjayKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am not able to find if Exchange Service pack installed in Blackberry >server through ESM, Is there any way to check if SP is installed ?? > >Thanks in Advance.. Look in ESM, go down to "Servers" and look in the right pane. You will see all the servers there, together with what t...