OpenMsgStore error message - Mounting Question

Approximately every minute I am receiving an OpenMsgStore error message on
my Frontend Exchange Server.  I don't have a Mailbox Store or Public Folder
Store mounted since this is the front end server.  Does one of these need
to be mounted to avoid the below error message and will mounting one of
these stores raise any other complications?

        The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
        The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either
	   there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server
	   computer is down for maintenance.
        The MAPI provider failed.
        Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
        ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000

Thanks,

Colin

0
legendsfan (21)

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:10:01 -0700, Colin Moloney
<legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote:

>Approximately every minute I am receiving an OpenMsgStore error message on
>my Frontend Exchange Server.  I don't have a Mailbox Store or Public Folder
>Store mounted since this is the front end server.  Does one of these need
>to be mounted to avoid the below error message and will mounting one of
>these stores raise any other complications?
>

>        The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
>        The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either
>	   there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server
>	   computer is down for maintenance.
>        The MAPI provider failed.
>        Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
>        ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000
>
>Thanks,
>
>Colin

You can delete the stores if not running SMTP on the FE.

0
adavid (8731)
7/6/2006 5:19:38 PM
Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in

> On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:10:01 -0700, Colin Moloney
> <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote:
>
>>Approximately every minute I am receiving an OpenMsgStore error
>>message on my Frontend Exchange Server.  I don't have a Mailbox Store
>>or Public Folder Store mounted since this is the front end server.
>>Does one of these need to be mounted to avoid the below error message
>>and will mounting one of these stores raise any other complications?
>>

>>        The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
>>        The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.
>>        Either     there are network problems or the Microsoft
>>        Exchange Server     computer is down for maintenance.
>>        The MAPI provider failed.
>>        Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
>>        ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Colin
>

> You can delete the stores if not running SMTP on the FE.

I am using SMTP to receive emails from the outside world.  Should I just
mount the stores and what security issues would this raise?
0
legendsfan (21)
7/6/2006 6:02:17 PM
On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 11:02:17 -0700, Colin Moloney
<legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote:

>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>
>> On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:10:01 -0700, Colin Moloney
>> <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote:
>>
>>>Approximately every minute I am receiving an OpenMsgStore error
>>>message on my Frontend Exchange Server.  I don't have a Mailbox Store
>>>or Public Folder Store mounted since this is the front end server.
>>>Does one of these need to be mounted to avoid the below error message
>>>and will mounting one of these stores raise any other complications?
>>>

>>>        The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
>>>        The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.
>>>        Either     there are network problems or the Microsoft
>>>        Exchange Server     computer is down for maintenance.
>>>        The MAPI provider failed.
>>>        Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
>>>        ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Colin
>>

>> You can delete the stores if not running SMTP on the FE.
>>

>I am using SMTP to receive emails from the outside world.  Should I just
>mount the stores and what security issues would this raise?

So the FE server itself receives mail for your org?

If so, then you should mount the  mailbox store so it can process NDRs
, system messages etc..., but ensure the mailbox store does not
contain any mailboxes and you enable circular logging.

You may also want to mount the public store ( with no replicas) if you
receive external mail destined for pfs on the backend servers.

As far as security, you should apply the same security to the FE as
the BE. It isnt in the DMZ or something crazy like that is it?

0
adavid (8731)
7/6/2006 6:08:11 PM

> On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 11:02:17 -0700, Colin Moloney
> <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote:
>
>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in

>>> You can delete the stores if not running SMTP on the FE.
>>>

>>I am using SMTP to receive emails from the outside world.  Should I just
>>mount the stores and what security issues would this raise?
>

> So the FE server itself receives mail for your org?
>
> If so, then you should mount the  mailbox store so it can process NDRs
> , system messages etc..., but ensure the mailbox store does not
> contain any mailboxes and you enable circular logging.
>
> You may also want to mount the public store ( with no replicas) if you
> receive external mail destined for pfs on the backend servers.
>
> As far as security, you should apply the same security to the FE as
> the BE. It isnt in the DMZ or something crazy like that is it?

It's not in the DMZ.  The frontend server is on a seperate VLAN segmented
by our firewall and the ports are opened to allow communication between the
frontend and backend.

What's the reasoning behind enabling circular logging?  Is this because the
same logs will take place on the backend server?
0
legendsfan (21)
7/6/2006 8:24:00 PM
On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 13:24:00 -0700, Colin Moloney
<legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote:

>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>
>> On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 11:02:17 -0700, Colin Moloney
>> <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote:
>>
>>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in

>>>I am using SMTP to receive emails from the outside world.  Should I just
>>>mount the stores and what security issues would this raise?
>>

>> So the FE server itself receives mail for your org?
>>
>> If so, then you should mount the  mailbox store so it can process NDRs
>> , system messages etc..., but ensure the mailbox store does not
>> contain any mailboxes and you enable circular logging.
>>
>> You may also want to mount the public store ( with no replicas) if you
>> receive external mail destined for pfs on the backend servers.
>>
>> As far as security, you should apply the same security to the FE as
>> the BE. It isnt in the DMZ or something crazy like that is it?
>>

>It's not in the DMZ.  The frontend server is on a seperate VLAN segmented
>by our firewall and the ports are opened to allow communication between the
>frontend and backend.
>
>What's the reasoning behind enabling circular logging?  Is this because the
>same logs will take place on the backend server?

Because there are no mailboxes on that server, there is really nothing
"exchange related"  to backup. If it crashed, there would be no real
reason to restore a mailbox store from backup. Circular logging will
prevent the logs from filling up the trans log directory.
( you may have some other stuff on there or customized OWA asp stuff
that you may want to backup however with a regular flat-file backup)

0
adavid (8731)

value error
=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("CMT",A4)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("DIVS",A4))),(I4:J4),"") i have 'cmt' in A4 and i want the value of cells I4&J4 but i get a value error. not sure how or why, when i hit function it evaluates correctly, but it says a value used in the formula is of the wrong data type i dont know which one it is??? You have to put the formula in 2 cells horizontally and enter it with ctrl + shift & enter You cannot return a range in one cell, you could use =IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("CMT",A4)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("DIVS",A4))),I4&a...

Exporting all messages
Hi! I have Windows 2000 Prof. and want to change to Win 2003 Server. I have already exported all accounts and newsgroups from Outlook Express 6 to a file. The problem is that I can't export all messages. Can you tell me if it's possible to export all messages from all folders to a file and then to import all folders with messages from this file into another outlook under my new operating system? I have dozens of important messages in my Outlook Express folders and I can lost it. If the export is not possible which files do I need to copy and replace in new version to have all the mess...

error: this doc. is already open
i just run into this problem, i have developed a local web site for our company. whereas user can print available files like: Excel/ word etc. directly from their browser with a click of a button....the files resides on the server, works okay,but after i print the files and tried to open the excell file (for editing)directly from the server directory with same computer, excel generates error that the file is already open and crashes....anyone have any idea...thank you in advance. :( --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Outlook 2007
Hello: I am confused about what ScanPST reports as errors and warnings. In my 9GB pst file, scanpst found errors which it itself wasn't able to fix, i run Datanumen Advanced Outlook Recovery, it produced a fixed file, scanpst on it find minor inconsistencies I asked it to fix and then scanpst found errors etc. Can you please give me some insight into what's going on? What are errors / inconsistencies found by ScanPST? Can you recommend any other tool than ScanPST or Datanumen's one? -- Jiri Pik jiri@jiripik.com ...

An Unexpected MAPI Error Occurred MSExchangeES Event ID 5
I have been following this http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Exchange2000-Exchange-2003-Hardware.html article to migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Everything has gone well so I have been following this Microsoft KB307917 on removing the first Exchange 2000 server from the site. I'm done except for one error: Error Event Source: MSExchangeES Event Category: General Event ID: 5 Date: 5/13/2005 Time: 11:01:20 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGER Description: An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x80004005]. I have looked at KB265397 articlie. which ...

Out of memory Error
OS = XP, Outlook 2002, Original and Newest CRM sales for outlook client: After I created an activity and then subsequently try to delete it, I get an "Out of Memory" error. The activity screen does not refresh. If I manually refresh the activity screen, the activity is gone, however, it is not removed from the Outlook Calendar. Tried on several different clients, some 256 mb of ram, some 512 mb of ram. Web CRM interface works with no problems. ...

Exchange 2003 default message size won't go beyound 10 megs
We are not able to send or receive attachments larger than 10 megs even when the AD settings are cranked up to 50 megs. When the default message size for inbound and outbound are changed to anything abouve 10 megs, the server will still behave as if it is only allowing 10 megs. We get the NDR 5.2.3 kickback email from the Exchange server each time we make a settings change and send out a test email. We have Exchange storage limits in place, but they should not affect the message size. Thanks! -- ITJTR ...

ActiveSync Error
I am unable to synchronise my Ipaq with outlook. I keep getting this error message: ' The following appointment cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80004005' Also getting: ' The following contact cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80004004' Any ideas what the problem is? I have outlook 2002 and PocketPC 2003 on my ipaq 2210. Thanks in advance Simon Try posting this to microsoft.public,pocketpc.activesync - they are more likely to be able to help you out there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the...

Visual Studio 2008 Question
I checked out Visual Studio 2008 on Amazon.com and noticed on the system requirements it said "DVD-ROM". My main computer has a DVD-RAM though I have the cartridge which the DVD disc goes into. The cartridge is able to be opened and the disk taken out or put in. Would anybody happen to know if I would be able to slip the DVD-ROM into the DVD-RAM cartridge and be able to read/install that way? Thanks If you can read a DVD, then I don't see how it could be a problem. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Dereck L. Dietz" <...

RPC Over HTTP Question
I am having problems in making a second back-end exchange server work with an RPC/HTTP proxy on a front end exchange server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my setup: FE - Front end exchange Server BE1- back end exchange server 1 BE2 - back end exchange server 2 (also a backup domain controller for the exchange domain). DC - Active Dir server & also a Global Catalog Server All servers have Windows2003, Exchange Server 2003 (no svc packs) is installed on FE1, BE1 & BE2. RPC/HTTP works fine between FE & BE1. RPC/HTTP does not work between FE1 & BE2 - out...

Technical Error #2
The other day, we accepted a phone order and processed the Visa and received an approval code. When we settled the EDC, the transaction came back with a Technical Error status. We contacted our merchant provider and indeed the transaction did not go across. Asking them to investigate, they say it is a software issue with RMS. Any ideas? If I have to re-process the credit card, how do I get the original order (backorder) clear with out possibly sending a refund on funds we never received? Bill Who is your processor? Are they processing on a TSYS platform, or did they bridge a gate...

Error with msvcirtd.lib
Hi, I developed a software with Visual Studio.NET used to run perfectly under Windows XP. Now I installed Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003 . But now I am not able to recompile the code. I always get the error Message: LNK1104: cannot open file 'msvcirtd.lib' Does anybody know the reason for that problem. I am using the same project settings as under Visual Studio.NET 2002 and changed nothing else !!! Thanks in advance for your time/help, Jochen Hi, Sounds like your project is trying to use a debug library from .NET 2002 that was replaced in the .NET 2003 version. You need to f...

Is it possible to generate non-technical schema validation errors?
With the 1.0 Framework, I've worked out using the XmlValidatingReader. Since I'm using the validation errors as feedback to the end user, I'm hoping to get away from techy messages such as "The 'http://tempuri.org/XMLFile1.xsd:MaxDependents' element has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at file:///c:/work/prodika/main/code/apps/schemavalidation/XMLFile1.xml(8, 25)." and go with a user friendly message of "Max Dependents must be between 0 and 10". I've scoured the newsgroups, MSDN and docs for creating custom valid...

Creating or Replying to messages
When I create or reply to a new message, sometimes the message appears minimized in the task bar. I have to minimize outlook to start typing my reply on the new window. this happens at least once a day and is frustrating the rest of my staff. I'm running XP pro and office 2003 (outlook 2003). Any help would be appreciated. Scott >-----Original Message----- >When I create or reply to a new message, sometimes the >message appears minimized in the task bar. I have to >minimize outlook to start typing my reply on the new >window. this happens at least once a da...

Error message when saving to network share drive
We recently upgraded to Windows XP client with MS Office 2003. We noticed an error message when saving Excel files. The files were created under Office 2000 on Windows 2000 work stations. The message when saving the file file after modifications is: "The file ( filename .xls) may have been changed by another user since you last used it. In that case what do you want to do? Save a copy ? Overwrite changes." Has anyone seen this behavior? How do we make it stop? Vanessa Graham University of Baltimore V Graham wrote: > We recently upgraded to Windows XP client wit...

Error: "A problem communicating with OLE server or ActiveX Control
After rebooting, I started receiving the following message when I open my Access program or any Access database. "A problem occurred while Microsoft Office Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control". I rebooted due to a prompt for our network manager for system updates. At first I thought my issues were due to a possible windows update patch or something. But I seem to be the only one having this issue. I did not have any issues with Access before the rebooted. Since the error occured I've: *Rebooted several times *Repaired my Offic...

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
Morning all, For the last two days I've encountered this error in the Exchange logs resulting in Exchange being offline to staff. A restart of the server brings Exchange straight back to life - any ideas? It's Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003. The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0526-...

Cisco Unified Messaging
Does anyone have instructions or know were I could find them for installing and configuring for CRM 3.0? ...

Strange error message in Outlook 2000
I have a user getting "Error while aging store "Mailbox - person name"" when they try to run the archive function of Outlook 2000. I've looked several places, but have found no solutions. Please help John Desselle ...

Analytical Accounting Error #3
Hi, I am getting the error 'This record has been created since your attempt to create. Changes will not be saved'. This I am getting while I am trying to add additional transaction dimension. Any idea? Ramesh ...

reported error (0x80070057)
When I try to send an email to several addresses using Outlook 2003, I get the error: Task 'xxx - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' I see no apparent problem with the addresses. Please tell me in simple English (well, as simple as possible) how to solve this problem. I am not an expert user. Thank you. What type of mail account is this? Exchange, POP3, IMAP? "lemonscented" <lemonscented@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC994AB1-B72B-4...

User define message error!
Hi! I created a SDI app and I want to show a dialog after creating SDI, therefore I defined an user define message #define WMU_STARTUP (WM_APP+10) and call it from CSDIView::OnInitUpdate() with PostMessage(WM_STARTUP). In debug version it work correctly but in release version it generates an Application Error after close the program. what's the problem? Thankx ...

Restore messages
Hi, We have an Exch2k3 cluster on Win2k3. We use Veritas BackupExec for backup, but not individual messages or mailboxes, just backs up the entire store. I have a months worth of backups. We have a 30 day retention policy on emails and Monday a user had some emails deleted via the policy and needs them recovered. What is my best option here since I don't the individual mailbox or messages to choose from a restore? Is there a way to restore the whole database to a different location on the production server and then attach this users mailbox to a different "test" account? ...

Syntax error and Script Error
Dear All, I am getting error whenver i open CRM on each page (Done, but with error on page). when i click on the yehllow icon: following message are listed. http://crmserver/_root/bar_top.aspx?...... http://crmserver/_root/left.aspx?...... http://crmserver/CS/home_cases.aspx?.... http://crmserver/_root/navbarpage.aspx?........ any help or advice will be much appriciated. Regards, Syed. I think there may be some problem with your JavaScript code written for the entities. ...

Errors with Verizon POP3
I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email account. The following is an error report: Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The connection to the server has failed. Server: 'incoming.verizon.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: POP3 Port: 995 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 The Outgoing port has been changed to 587. This has been occurring since yesterday. Last week a similar situation occurred with the AOL account. -- On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:47:29 -0500, Nissi1 wrote...