openldap and migration wizard

------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C459E1.119508F0

Hello all,

my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with sendmail and openldap running on =
it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new exchange 2003 server, =
i've already installed the exchange server and everything is ready for =
the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to =
extract the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows a =
"Invalid DN syntax" message.

I've seen the example in the help topic and i applyed the same syntax as =
for netscape's ldap server for the ldap server name field with no =
results. Has anyone done it? which syntax shall i use to connect to the =
ldap server?

thanks.

Andres Silva
------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C459E1.119508F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with =
sendmail=20
and openldap running on it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new =
exchange=20
2003 server, i've already installed the exchange server and everything =
is ready=20
for the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to =
extract=20
the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows =
a&nbsp;"Invalid DN=20
syntax" message.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've seen the example in the help topic =
and i=20
applyed the same syntax as for netscape's ldap server for the ldap =
server name=20
field with no results. Has anyone done it? which syntax shall i use to =
connect=20
to the ldap server?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Andres=20
Silva</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C459E1.119508F0--

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

User Manager Wizard and Microsoft CRM Security Service
I am trying to run Microsoft CRM Standard Suite on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. I have followed all of the instructions in the Implementation Guide, but when I try to add users, it gives me this error message: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager." In the error log, I get these messages (oldest to newest): Source: W3SVC-WP Event Id: 2214 Description: The HTTP Filter DLL c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bin\fpexedll.dll. The data i...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

folder migration
I am working on migrating outlook express folders from a old computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I used the file/Import,Export feature but not all of the folders contain information. There are a total of six folders that need to be Imported. Outlook created the folders under personal folder but only two contain the messages. The other four are empty. I have tried to move them individually with no success. If anyone has a theory on how to accomplish this please let me know. Thank you. Chad ...

Data Migration Question 02-19-04
OK, Perhaps I was too general and hopeful in my prior post about migrating from one domain to another (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.a sp? ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.crm&sMessageI D=%253C123e501c3f59d%2524223a9100%2524a501280a@phx.gbl% 253E) I am having issues in migrating data from my test CRM system to a simulated production environment (My project manager needs to know how long it is going to take next month when we go live.) Realistically all I really want to migrate is: PriceLevelBase ProductBase ProductPriceLevelBase Subj...

openldap and migration wizard
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C459E1.119508F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with sendmail and openldap running on = it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new exchange 2003 server, = i've already installed the exchange server and everything is ready for = the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to = extract the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows a = "Invalid DN syntax" ...

Migrating Tasks with Data Migration Framework
I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) & emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks (19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message isnt of much help to nail down the issue. I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user ...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...

CRM Migration from One Business Unit to Other 12-25-03
Hi, We have a MS CRM Server with MSDN Subscribtion Licenses for testing, during that we imported some of OutLook Contacts and some other records are created in CRM Server . After Testing we decided that we will purchase CRM Licenses, but what i want to know is that can import this records(Leads, Accounts and Contacts) in New Ms CRM Server installation with our company Business Unit Licenses? Thanks in advance. Mushtaq ...

How to migrate 4 exchange 5.5 to one exchange 2003
Dear all, Our company are using 4 exchange 5.5 server with different domain name. All of the servers were link up with the site connector and use the MTA for internal mail. And now we would like to upgrade to Exchange 2003 in one server. I am using ADC tools to migrate, I have upgraded to Excahnge 2003 successful but it only connected to one server only. I can view the entire sever in exchange 2003 tree but all of them were dim. How to migrate the remained server? Please provide the solution or suggustion to me, many thanks! Best Regards, Mino ...

Co-existance during a migration and the GAL: mailbox-enable all users with redirection or mail-enable them first?
Hello, We're migrating a few hundred users from a non-MS mailsystem to E2k3 and for practical reasons, will only migrate a dozen or so users per day. That means the two systems will co-exist for a few months with messages flowing between them via SMTP. In order to maintain the GAL and shortcuts for users left on the old system during the migration, we plan not to delete migrated users' mailboxes; instead we'll redirect any mail to their new Exchange mailbox. On the E2k3 side, should we mailbox-enable all the users in one go in the beginning and redirect messages to the old mailb...

Migrating from Express
I'm changing my wife over from Express to Outlook 2002 because she just purchased a Samsung i730 PDA and phone which will use Active Sync and I believe that it won't work with Express. Basically she wants to keep the look and feel of Express as much as possible. - While she will use the Calendar and maybe other functions, she doesn't want to have her usual Inbox, Sent, etc. mixed in everywhere in the folder list. She also has a number of folders for her clients. I have been experimenting with a copy on my computer and it won't let me change the order. At one point I did...

Rules Wizard Not Consistent
Rules Wizard is not running consistently in my Outlook 2000 (running Win XP Pro). Sometimes it does filter, sometimes not. Lately, mostly not. But, if I go into the Rules Wizard, and select a rule to run, then click Run Now, then it works. But this manual work around is not the best way to do this. Any ideas why it's not running automatically consistently? Thanks in advance. I found I needed to add the action "Stop processing more rules" in the "What do you want to do" picklist. Be real sure to have this for your exception lists and put them at the top o...

Please help me!!! Migrating from Outsourced Exchange to In-House
Hello I am faced with a rather difficult task and dilemma. Here is my scenario: My company currently hosts Microsoft Exchange 2003 with a third-party solution that hosts several thousand accounts from different companies on the same exchange server. We have built an in-house exchange server that is ready for deployment. I need to know the best and most seamless way to transition from the outsourced company to our in-house exchange so that mail delivery is not disrupted. The email address and domain name will remain the same. I have contacted several companies that offer tools for e...

Migrate CRM Data from CRM Server to another CRM Server
we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuilding the staging server? thanks Please ignore - looks like Data Migration Framework is the way to go, based on other posts "Eve" wrote: > we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the > Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a > tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuildi...

Data Migration Framework Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to migrate object: crmActivityUnknownError 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- <a...

Migrate from Outlook express or Windows Live Mail into MS Outlook
Hi, What are the steps to migrate all information contained within my Outlook Express or Windows Live mail for MS Outlook 2007? I migrated from my old PC with Windows XP with Outlook Express to a new PC with Windows 7 and MS Outlook 2007. Thanks http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/convert_oe.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Marco Contreras" <MarcoContreras@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:214AEA14-7940-4...

Template wizard problem
I have created a template using the template wizard add in for excel. The template, when saved, exports certain data to an access database. The problem I'm having is that this works when a new spreadsheet is saved. On opening the spreadsheet again, it sometimes works fine, giving me the 3 options (update existing record, create new, no action.) Sometimes though, when I open the already created spreadsheet, I get the error "No RETURN() or HALT() function found on macro sheet." When I get this error on opening the spreadsheet, I don't get any options to update or create a ...

Anyone migrated from ICVerify to RMS?
I'm not talking about converting from your current processor to Citibank. I'm talking about keeping your same card processor, but customzing the integrated credit card setup in RMS and only using that. -- John M. John, Citibank is the paying bank, not the processor. If you can/already use Vital/VisaNet as your processor, plug the numbers into RMS' so-called Citibank interface, make sure your credit card tender types are setup correctly, zout and go for it. You must have an internet connection instead of direct dial like ICV. Otherwise, no you can't do it. -- * &...

Vote: Add Item messages to Items by Inventory Wizard
We would like to have a feature to Add Item messages to Items by Inventory Wizard. -- Jason Clements ===================================================== ===================================================== ------=_NextPart_0001_3178B8C4 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Jason, Thank you for posting your product suggestion. However, to ensure that your suggestions are seen you would want to submit them via one of the below methods: 1. Use one of the following links: CustomerSource https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/productsuggestions...

Button Wizard:RunQuery ignores delete queries?
If I put a button on a form, choose misc, run query, I get a list of queries that does not include any delete queries. Why is that? It is easy enough to get around, but why? Don't have an answer for you, other than to confirm that delete queries are not presented in the list of queries.... ACCESS has been this way for a number of versions, for some reason. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Phil Smith" <phil@nhs-inc.com> wrote in message news:OjpW0tg1HHA.1100@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > If I put a button on a form, choose misc, run query, I get a list...

Migrate to 2003 #2
We've set up a new server running Exchange 2003 and migrated all mailboxs etc from our existing Exchange5.5 machine. Can anyone tell me how we can reconfigure the SMTP connector so that it will use the new server and not route via the Internet Mail Connector on the old one? Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=883407 -fasteddie "John S" <js162@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:2C42AD32-25AA-4A1C-B2FC-5BBBC6B1E5D5@microsoft.com... > We've set up a new server running Exchange 2003 and migrated all mailboxs > etc > from our existing Exchange...

Using CRM Bulk Import Wizard with Excel 2007
Hello, a number of our hosted Microsoft CRM customers have reported difficulties when using the CRM Bulk Import Wizard with a CSV file generated from Microsoft Excel 2007. It seems that Excel 2007 no longer uses double quotes (") as a field data delimiter, and there are no options or other Excel 2007 formats that will achieve this. (No idea why Microsoft disabled this option in Excel 2007!) Users are having to import their Excel spreadsheet into Access 2007 then export as a TXT file, which Access formats with double quotes as a the field data delimeter by default. Or resort to an ...

Making a wizard
I have a table with several lookup fields to other tables. E.g. the Course_Details has a Venue field combo box that looks up the ID from the Venue table. I can not save the Course_Details record until the venue field is populated. However sometimes I may not yet have added the venue. Therefore my idea is to create a series of forms that work like a wizard, the first would ask to select the venue form the dropdown but if it didn�t exist you would click a button to open another form and create it.The problem I have is that when I move onto the next stage of the wizard (because I have not yet sa...