Opening other peoples mailbox

I have exchange 2000 and exchange 2003.  When I move a
mailbox to exchange 2003, I no longer can open that
particulare mailbox in outlook.  I am an administrator in
exchage, and in exchage 2000, I could add a persons
mailbox to my folder list and view all of their folders.
The error I get in outlook is "Unable to display the
folder.  Microsoft office outlook could not access the
specified folder location."  I also have noticed when I
go into E-mail accounts in outlook 2003, on the Advanced
Tab under "open these additional mailboxes", the
mailboxes on Exchange 2000 appear with "mailbox -
lastname, firstname", when I add a exchange 2003 mailbox,
it just displayes the users last and first name in this
format "lastname, firstname." any ideas?
0
dmartin (3)

Dewayne,

I would assume that you cannot open these mailboxes because you do not have
permissions to on the store you are moving the mailbox to.  If you check out
the permissions on the mailbox store you are moving the mailbox from you
probably have 'send as' and 'receive as' permissions.

By default in Exchange 200X we have set a deny ACL on other users mailboxes
(unlike the service account admins from 5.5 who could open anyone's
mailbox).  It will be inherited from above.  However you can override by an
explicit allow at the mailbox store level.

If you want to be able to open all users mailboxes ensure that you have the
Allow permission set for 'send as' and 'receive as' on the mailbox store the
mailboxes are in.

--
Hope that helps.

-------------------------
Jaclynn Hiranaka
Enterprise Messaging Support

� 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

"Dewayne Martin" <dmartin@metalpowderproducts.com> wrote in message
>I have exchange 2000 and exchange 2003.  When I move a
> mailbox to exchange 2003, I no longer can open that
> particulare mailbox in outlook.  I am an administrator in
> exchage, and in exchage 2000, I could add a persons
> mailbox to my folder list and view all of their folders.
> The error I get in outlook is "Unable to display the
> folder.  Microsoft office outlook could not access the
> specified folder location."  I also have noticed when I
> go into E-mail accounts in outlook 2003, on the Advanced
> Tab under "open these additional mailboxes", the
> mailboxes on Exchange 2000 appear with "mailbox -
> lastname, firstname", when I add a exchange 2003 mailbox,
> it just displayes the users last and first name in this
> format "lastname, firstname." any ideas?

0
jaclynnh (94)
10/4/2004 4:15:57 PM
Under the store security, I have allow checked for all=20
items except for the special permissions item.

because you do not have=20
>permissions to on the store you are moving the mailbox=20
to.  If you check out=20
>the permissions on the mailbox store you are moving the=20
mailbox from you=20
>probably have 'send as' and 'receive as' permissions.
>
>By default in Exchange 200X we have set a deny ACL on=20
other users mailboxes=20
>(unlike the service account admins from 5.5 who could=20
open anyone's=20
>mailbox).  It will be inherited from above.  However you=20
can override by an=20
>explicit allow at the mailbox store level.
>
>If you want to be able to open all users mailboxes=20
ensure that you have the=20
>Allow permission set for 'send as' and 'receive as' on=20
the mailbox store the=20
>mailboxes are in.
>
>--=20
>Hope that helps.
>
>-------------------------
>Jaclynn Hiranaka
>Enterprise Messaging Support
>
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and=20
confers no rights.
>=A9 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>

>"Dewayne Martin" <dmartin@metalpowderproducts.com> wrote=20
in message=20
>>I have exchange 2000 and exchange 2003.  When I move a
>> mailbox to exchange 2003, I no longer can open that
>> particulare mailbox in outlook.  I am an administrator=20
in
>> exchage, and in exchage 2000, I could add a persons
>> mailbox to my folder list and view all of their=20
folders.
>> The error I get in outlook is "Unable to display the
>> folder.  Microsoft office outlook could not access the
>> specified folder location."  I also have noticed when I
>> go into E-mail accounts in outlook 2003, on the=20
>> Tab under "open these additional mailboxes", the
>> mailboxes on Exchange 2000 appear with "mailbox -
>> lastname, firstname", when I add a exchange 2003=20
mailbox,
>> it just displayes the users last and first name in this
>> format "lastname, firstname." any ideas?=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74719)
10/4/2004 6:40:05 PM
You may have Allow checked, but do you also have Deny checked?  If so, for
which items?  Also, is the Allow and Deny both Gray checkboxes (indicating
Inherited perms) or are they White checkboxes (indicating Explicitly set at
the object level)?  It matters.  If both are inherited, the Deny will
*always* win.  If the Allow is explicit (at that level), it will overrided
the Deny.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Dewayne Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Under the store security, I have allow checked for all
items except for the special permissions item.

0
Ben
10/4/2004 6:51:21 PM
The allow is grayed (inherited) there are no grayed deny=20
boxes!  There are no checked denies!
checked?  If so, for=20
>which items?  Also, is the Allow and Deny both Gray=20
checkboxes (indicating=20
>Inherited perms) or are they White checkboxes=20
(indicating Explicitly set at=20
>the object level)?  It matters.  If both are inherited,=20
the Deny will=20

wrote in message=20
>Under the store security, I have allow checked for all
>items except for the special permissions item.

0
anonymous (74719)
10/4/2004 7:13:08 PM
By the way, if I click the plus sign next to one of the=20
mailboxes in outlook, I get the following error..."Unable=20
to expand the folder.  The operation failed. An object=20
could not be found"
level),=20
>it will overrided=20
>>the Deny.
>>
>>--=20
>>Ben Winzenz
>>Exchange MVP
>>

>>"Dewayne Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>=20
>wrote in message=20
>>Under the store security, I have allow checked for all
>>items except for the special permissions item.

you
>>can override by an
>>>explicit allow at the mailbox store level.
>>>
>>>If you want to be able to open all users mailboxes
>>ensure that you have the
>>>Allow permission set for 'send as' and 'receive as' on
>>the mailbox store the
>>>mailboxes are in.
>>>
>>>--=20
>>>Hope that helps.
>>>
>>>-------------------------
>>>Jaclynn Hiranaka
>>>Enterprise Messaging Support
>>>
>>>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,=20
and
>>confers no rights.
>>>=A9 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>>>

>>>"Dewayne Martin" <dmartin@metalpowderproducts.com>=20
wrote
>>in message
administrator
>>in
>>folders.
the
when=20
>>mailbox,
>this
>>>

>>>.
>>>=20
>>

>>.
>>
>.

0
anonymous (74719)
10/4/2004 7:56:14 PM
One other thing to check - has that mailbox been logged on to with an
Outlook profile prior to you trying to add it as an additional mailbox?
Have you verified that the mailbox shows up on the new server in ESM?  If
not, send an e-mail to that mailbox and see what happens.

--

By the way, if I click the plus sign next to one of the
mailboxes in outlook, I get the following error..."Unable
to expand the folder.  The operation failed. An object
could not be found"

0
Ben
10/4/2004 8:33:22 PM
It's probably because you have permissions to the mailbox store on the E2K
server, but not on the E2K3 server.

Using System Manager, expand until you get to the storage group and its
databases.  Go into the properties of the database itself and check the
permissions there.

--
David Sapery
dsapery@mvps.org

"Dewayne Martin" <dmartin@metalpowderproducts.com> wrote in message
>I have exchange 2000 and exchange 2003.  When I move a
> mailbox to exchange 2003, I no longer can open that
> particulare mailbox in outlook.  I am an administrator in
> exchage, and in exchage 2000, I could add a persons
> mailbox to my folder list and view all of their folders.
> The error I get in outlook is "Unable to display the
> folder.  Microsoft office outlook could not access the
> specified folder location."  I also have noticed when I
> go into E-mail accounts in outlook 2003, on the Advanced
> Tab under "open these additional mailboxes", the
> mailboxes on Exchange 2000 appear with "mailbox -
> lastname, firstname", when I add a exchange 2003 mailbox,
> it just displayes the users last and first name in this
> format "lastname, firstname." any ideas?

0
dsapery (18)
10/4/2004 9:03:15 PM
Heres the kicker....If the mailbox was on my list of
additional mailboxes prior to moving them to the new
server, I can access them once on the new server.  If I
add them to the additional mailbox list after I move
them, then I get the previous error messages.
0
anonymous (74719)
10/4/2004 9:54:10 PM
If the mailbox was added to my list of addional mailboxes
prior to moving them to the new exchange server, and then
move them to the new exchange server, then I can still
access them.  If I add them after I have moved them to
the new exchange server then I get an error message
stating that the folder can not be found.  If I add a
mailbox to my list of additional mailboxex from the 2000
exchange server then the name is displayed as "Mialbox -
lastname, firstname".  When I add a mailbox to my list
and the mailbox is located on the new 2003 exchange
server, then the name appears as "lastname, firstname"
without the "Mailbox -" in front of the name.

0
dmartin (3)

Purging Individual Mailboxes
We have recently migrated from 5.5 to Exchange 2003. In Exchange 5.5 if a client's email box indicated more mail than they actuall had, I could just purge it and things would be fine. How do I go about purging a mailbox in Exchange 2003? Mailbox Manager. On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:30:51 -0700, "Ross Asbury" <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently migrated from 5.5 to Exchange 2003. In >Exchange 5.5 if a client's email box indicated more mail >than they actuall had, I could just purge it and things >would be fine. How do I go abou...

E-mails ending up in the right mailbox
Greetings. I have the office using Exchange 2003. I have a couple of users that need to be able to not only view another user's mailbox, but they also need to be able to send/receive e-mail for both users they monitor, and the mail needs to go to each mailbox respectively. For example, I have an Admin account that also has a mailbox for it. When I log into Admin, I open Outlook 97, and from there I also have Admin2's mailbox open as well. I can send e-mail as either Admin or Admin2, and all replies go to the appropriate mailbox, so that setup works great. I have another situation...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Custom Mailbox Limit Notification
Is there a way to modify and/or create a new notification that Exchange 2000 sends when a mailbox reaches a limit imposed by a policy? Thanks, Sam http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx William "Sam Reyes" <sreyes@alltel.net> wrote in message news:eAy3zEYTEHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to modify and/or create a new notification that Exchange 2000 > sends when a mailbox reaches a limit imposed by a policy? > > Thanks, > Sam > > http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx William "S...

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Mailbox migration and Exchange cache mode
Hi We are having issues with a site that is migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Prior to the mailbox move , Outlook Cache mode was turned on for all clients within the site via group policy and was working well against the Exchange 5.5 server. However when we move a maibox to the new Exchange 2003 server whilst cache mode is still turned on for the site users cannot continue to work offline after the mailbox move to exchange 2003. Other than turning off cache mode on the group policy , deleting the old .ost files for these users and reconnecting online for all users. Is ther...

Moving mailboxes between Exch. 5.5 and 2003
Hello When I try to move mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to 2003 I got following error. You do not have the rights required to complete the operation. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80070005-0000-00000000 I have assigned Permission Admin rights to about anything I can think of at the 5.5 side. Any help greatly appreciated TIA Rudy Steyaert Hi Rudy You might want to take a look at this article and see if it helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;264119 -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

Need an open house sign in sheet

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...

Open File IF Not Opened
Goodmorning! I was looking for someone who could tell me how I could make a Macro Appliction open files only when there not opened. When a file is allready opened it should be left at alone. When a file is being opened, this file should be granted the opportunity to update it's pivot tables and carry out any external links. I hope someone has the answer! Thanks in advance! Here's some code that might help. It tests whether a file is open: if it is it activates it, otherwise it opens the file. If IsWindowOpen(lStr_FileName) Then Windows(lStr_FileName).Activate ...

i have a pps file that i cant open what do i need to open it with
i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what do i need to open them with???? Certainly not Excel. Those are PowerPoint files. You can download a PP viewer from here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en Note instructions for download and installation. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:44:02 -0700, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what >do i need to open them with??...