But I'm wondering what this means (I tried an open relay test on web)

To: "bernik@siol.net"
From: spamtest@[213.157.224.232]
<<< 250 2.0.0 Resetting
>>>> MAIL FROM:
<<< 250 2.1.0 spamtest@[213.157.224.232]....Sender OK
>>>> RCPT TO:<"bernik@siol.net">
<<< 250 2.1.5 "bernik@siol.net"@gvskupina.si
>>>> DATA
<<< 354 Start mail input; end with .
>>>> MESSAGE
<<< 250 2.6.0 Queued mail for delivery
                SUCCESS
@gvskupina.si si our company domain. As far as I see, the mail wasn't
delivered to address bernik@siol.net;@gvskupina.si but  it somehow went
through our exchange server (queued mail for delivery) ?? Why?? Can this be
blocked, or in same way configured, that mail send to fiction people that
don't exist in our domain will be blocked?

Thanks in advance

Miha

In news:unnfZQzIEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Miha Bernik <miha.bernik@gvskupina.si> posted their thoughts, then I offered
mine
> Hello
>
> Have a question about relaying in Exchange 2k. I limited relaying
> only to my local subnet, and it works.
> But I'm wondering what this means (I tried an open relay test on web)
>
> To: "bernik@siol.net"
> From: spamtest@[213.157.224.232]
> <<< 250 2.0.0 Resetting
> <<< 250 2.1.0 spamtest@[213.157.224.232]....Sender OK
> <<< 250 2.1.5 "bernik@siol.net"@gvskupina.si
> <<< 354 Start mail input; end with .
> <<< 250 2.6.0 Queued mail for delivery
>                 SUCCESS
> @gvskupina.si si our company domain. As far as I see, the mail wasn't
> delivered to address bernik@siol.net;@gvskupina.si but  it somehow
> went through our exchange server (queued mail for delivery) ?? Why??
> Can this be blocked, or in same way configured, that mail send to
> fiction people that don't exist in our domain will be blocked?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Miha

I believe even if it says a success, Exchange will still not deliver it. You
can also test it at:

Mail relay testing:
http://www.abuse.net/relay.html

--
Regards,
Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
pig. --
=================================

"Miha Bernik" <miha.bernik@gvskupina.si> wrote:

>Have a question about relaying in Exchange 2k. I limited relaying only to my
>local subnet, and it works.
>But I'm wondering what this means (I tried an open relay test on web)
>
>To: "bernik@siol.net"
>From: spamtest@[213.157.224.232]
><<< 250 2.0.0 Resetting
><<< 250 2.1.0 spamtest@[213.157.224.232]....Sender OK
><<< 250 2.1.5 "bernik@siol.net"@gvskupina.si
><<< 354 Start mail input; end with .
><<< 250 2.6.0 Queued mail for delivery
>                SUCCESS
>@gvskupina.si si our company domain. As far as I see, the mail wasn't
>delivered to address bernik@siol.net;@gvskupina.si but  it somehow went
>through our exchange server (queued mail for delivery) ?? Why??

because the original address ("bernik@siol.net") was protected by
quotes. the exchange server doesn't see a '@' in the address so it
adds its own domain the the address, resulting in
"bernik@siol.net"@gvskupina.si.

>Can this be
>blocked, or in same way configured, that mail send to fiction people that
>don't exist in our domain will be blocked?

open relay filter (http://www.vamsoft/com/orf) can do this by adding a
regex to the recipient blacklist. the regex is ^".*"$ -- iow an
address that begins and ends with the quote character.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Miha Bernik wrote:

> Hello
>
> Have a question about relaying in Exchange 2k. I limited relaying only to my
> local subnet, and it works.
> But I'm wondering what this means (I tried an open relay test on web)
>
> To: "bernik@siol.net"
> From: spamtest@[213.157.224.232]
> <<< 250 2.0.0 Resetting

> <<< 250 2.1.0 spamtest@[213.157.224.232]....Sender OK

> <<< 250 2.1.5 "bernik@siol.net"@gvskupina.si

> <<< 354 Start mail input; end with .

> <<< 250 2.6.0 Queued mail for delivery
>                 SUCCESS
> @gvskupina.si si our company domain. As far as I see, the mail wasn't
> delivered to address bernik@siol.net;@gvskupina.si but  it somehow went
> through our exchange server (queued mail for delivery) ?? Why?? Can this be
> blocked, or in same way configured, that mail send to fiction people that
> don't exist in our domain will be blocked?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Miha

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

Publisher 2000

Missing question
Dears, How can i find my question that i have sent to you but unfortunately can't remember the question's subject? and also i haven't received replies in my mailbox Khaled.shaheen@hotmail.com hi if you are using the MS interface then in the header section of the question pane(far left), click on your name. a small profile window will come up. in the upper left, click on "recent posts by this user". if you are not using the MS interface, then look for a search box. enter your logon name and search. regards FSt1 "khaled shaheen" wrote: ...

Top Eleven Inane Questions (in no particular order)
1) Is there a viewer? 2) Why can't I print borderless? 3) Why can't I open files from a different version? 4) Why can't I save across a network? 5) How do I save as PDF? 6) Why does my printer not work with Publisher? It works with Word/Excel/Access, etc. 7) Why are my Publisher 2000 files so large? 8) I have Picture It Publisher. Why can't I open pub files? 9) Why can't I see any pictures? 10) I can't change pages in my document! 11) It tells me it can't open publications from a different version, but the versions are the same! W...

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Countif across ranges question.
Good Evening All, Any assistance on this would be gratefully received. I have a sample worksheet as follows; Coulmn A is 'text', B,is 'number', formula driven from data source in another worksheet. A B 1 X 1 2 Y 1 3 Z 4 Y 1 5 X 1 6 X 1 7 X 8 Y 1 I would like the function to count the number of X's in Column A, only if there is a value in the corresponding cell in Column B. ie. In this instance: Count should...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

new user with easy question? not easy for me
this may be very very simple but for some reason i cant understand this. i have many many rows of information, and i would like to calculate the sums of say col 1, col 3, col 5, etc...but for each new row i dont want to have to manually revise each cell to say sum(a1+c1+e1, etc...) and then sum(a2+c2+e2, etc...) for hundreds of rows, this is very tedious. can someone help me? -- speakeztruth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ speakeztruth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24028 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Weird question
On my OE, I have a default email address; however, every time I hit Reply to an email an email address I do not want used is on the From window - but no where on the incoming email, or selected by self. Any tips on stopping this? Thank you, as always. ~*Laughingstar*~ wrote: > On my OE, I have a default email address; however, every time I hit > Reply to an email an email address I do not want used is on the From > window - but no where on the incoming email, or selected by self. Any > tips on stopping this? Click on Tools | Accounts. Click on the Mail tab....

Device Context Question (persistence?)
I am trying to speed up a drawing routine that draws waveforms from a USB device. Trying to keep up with the data and display it in real time. I had thought that I would move the CDC out of my drawing routine and into the dialog class so that it could be instantiated once and used over the course of the life of the window I am drawing to. Ditto with the Pens. But it seems that the DC, which I got from this->GetDC(), can become invalid? If I stop drawing and then staret drawing again the DC becomes (unused?). For the moment I have gone back to creating and releasing the DC in my drawing r...

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

newbie question on #import msado15.dll
Hi, I am tring to develop an ADO wrapper class, I created a class CDatabase, in Database.h I have: #import "c:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado15.dll" \ rename("EOF", "EndOfFile") I know the compiler will generate a msado15.tlh file. However I did not include this file in my Database.h or Database.cpp , but the program still works. Question: Why does CDatabase recognize _ConnectionPtr etc. without including header file? TIA Hi Raymond, the #import statement automagically performs a #include for you as well (on the .tlh and .tli fi...

how do i get my replys to my question?
fI'm a new user. I posted my question about Excel 2003 & went ofline. I loged in again but can't find a reply. You have not posted any other message in this newsgroup, at least not with the same name. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Yaron" <Yaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2006C73-01C4-4C80-96C4-7AE80B78D6DB@microsoft.com... > fI'm a new user. I posted my question about Excel 2003 & went ofline. I > loged > in again but can't find a reply. > > Yaron Have a look here for your first posting in .workshee...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...