Open relay problem

We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4SP6 with GFI mail essential 3.3. Our
server is sending hundreds of spam mails everyday using our domain name. I
followed the advise from TechNet to
tick the following check boxes on connections in IMS properties;

1. Hosts and clients that successfully authenticate.
2. Hosts and clients with these IP_addresses

Our server is still sending hundreds of spam.

Can anybody help?

0
chep_8 (2)

try unchecking the authentication checkbox, spammers might use an account on
your server to authenticate and send mail

  Gyula Karakas
  orf support
  www.vamsoft.com/orf

"Chep" <chep_8@hotmail.com> wrote
> We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4SP6 with GFI mail essential 3.3. Our
> server is sending hundreds of spam mails everyday using our domain name. I
> followed the advise from TechNet to
> tick the following check boxes on connections in IMS properties;
>
> 1. Hosts and clients that successfully authenticate.
> 2. Hosts and clients with these IP_addresses

Gyula

Thank you for your reply.  This was the previous settings that I've got, I
have changed it to this because I read in one of the forums that this has
help them but it did not.

Although I notice that everyday, our antivirus McAfee is giving me this
error message.

The scan of  C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\1031\OUTLHLP9.CHM\00000b6e.vbs has taken too long to complete
and is being canceled.

Could this be the reason why?

Many thanks,

Chep

"Karakas, Gyula [Vamsoft]" <gyula.karakas@vamsoft-remove-this.com> wrote in
message news:OgkSPvqqDHA.648@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> try unchecking the authentication checkbox, spammers might use an account
on
> your server to authenticate and send mail
>

>   Gyula Karakas
>   orf support
>   www.vamsoft.com/orf
>
> "Chep" <chep_8@hotmail.com> wrote
> > We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4SP6 with GFI mail essential 3.3.
Our
> > server is sending hundreds of spam mails everyday using our domain name.
> > followed the advise from TechNet to
> > tick the following check boxes on connections in IMS properties;
> >
> > 1. Hosts and clients that successfully authenticate.
> > 2. Hosts and clients with these IP_addresses

0
chep_8 (2)

New Certificate problems
Our scenario We have been running with SBS 2003 for several years and our Certificate is pop3.olddomainname.co.uk (where our old domain name is now changing) For one reason or another, we've never got it qualified to DNS,, and with only 2 of us accessing OWA, we just use https://<external_IP>/exchange and our PDA's could get email OK on the move. Now, we have built a linux box to run the support part of our website, we have a new external domain, so we got support.newdomainname.co.uk added to DNS We need the PDA/iPhone to use SSL so that they and OWA use the 443 po...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Save as comma csv problems
Hello, I hace Excel 2002. I have near 6000 addresses and contacts and wish to save the xls to a comma csv. I have done that before and then imported the comma csv into my membership program were it says 'import comma csv'. The problem is that some (300 odd) of the records are not imported correctly. I think this maybe because here are some commas in some of the fields eg 24 my street, whatever. Would that be the cause, and if so how can I get rid of all the commas? Many thanks rock I bet it's the way that your membership program works. I'd try this against a copy ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

2002 Symbol Insert Problem
Hi, Using Excel 2002 under WinXP Pro SP2: I wanted to insert a Wingdings symbol, but was unable, because the font list only showed fonts from "A" to "S". Since Wingdings starts with "W", I was unable to use the insert symbol Wingdings. The fonts from "A" to "Z" are "ALL" available when typing standard entries in Excel. All the fonts are also available in Word 2002, both in regular entry and using the symbol insert. Ditto in Publisher and PowerPoint, able to use insert symbol Windings. So, it looks like something happened to Exc...

CRM4: IIS 7.0 on Win2k8
Hi all, I'm using the following code on entity's OnLoad event to load a JavaScript file: =================================== function LoadFile(url, cache) { var httpRequest = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP'); httpRequest.open('GET', url, false); if (!cache) httpRequest.setRequestHeader('If-Modified-Since', 'Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT'); httpRequest.send(null); return httpRequest.responseText; } LoadFile('/ISV/COMPANY/script.js', false) =================================== I am accessing CRM using Web Client from the ser...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

EXCEL Files open Slow

Problem with outlook 2003 stop information store in exchange 5.5 s
In my scenario my mail server is exchange 5.5 server enterprise...Two weeks ago all my clients was outlook 2000 , but we have been migrating to outlook 2003.The issue starts after the change.....several clients stop working and in my exchange server 5.5 the information store service stop with a Dr Watson popup.The problem is just the same as the exposed in KB834466 .... Any idea to solve this issue?? Anyone with the same problem??? thanks.... There is a known issue with Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 5.5. You must have 818709 installed or you will crash your store. Installing this hotf...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Deserialization Problems Using XmlWriter vs. StringReader
I'm experiencing issues where XmlSerialier.Deserialize throws an exception when attempting to use a MemoryStream built with an XmlWriter vs. a standalone StringReader. It is attempting to deserialize a complex object. Here is what I have: 0. Environment: Visual Studio 2005, VB.Net. I won't go into the gory details of my complex object, just suffice to say that I need to return XML instead of the object directly from the web service. I'm also not including all of the code around things (try..catches, etc.) 1. I've defined a object built by using the Xsd.exe tool against a ...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Confusing Email Problem
Sorry to bother you guys I have an email problem that is bugging me. I can recieve emails ok but when I send them, no one gets them. It appears to send and they even appear in the sent items folder but no one gets them. If I add large attachment the email will send in seconds. Something odd is going on. I use mail.onetel.net.uk. Port 25. When I called their call centre in India they said my account was active and they sent a test mail using their web based email system. They say it must be an outlook express problem. Yet I sent myself a test email using Telnet and still didn't ge...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Outlook 2000 Junk Mail Filter Problems
Apparently, I am the only one who has ever experienced this, as after an exhaustive search on Microsoft KB, I am unable to find ANYTHING remotely close. Here is the Problem: When using MS Outlook 2000, I click on my Inbox icon. This puts me into the "ever ready" mail menu. At the top on the menu bars, there is a button called "Organize". When you click this, this gives you a dropin menu in your "Inbox" area called "Ways to Organize Inbox". On the left hand side there is a column of options: Using Folders, Using Colors, Using Views and finally, J...