Open Other peoples mail folder

Hello,

How can I open Other people's folder in Outlook
2003 other than what is available on the drop down?
The drop down only offers Inbox, Calendar, Task, etc.
I want to open Deleted items, Sent items.  I want to
see what users are keeping in there why their storage
size is very large.

Thanks in advance.

0
someone961 (56)

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:47:04 -0600, "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>How can I open Other people's folder in Outlook
>2003 other than what is available on the drop down?
>The drop down only offers Inbox, Calendar, Task, etc.
>I want to open Deleted items, Sent items.  I want to
>see what users are keeping in there why their storage
>size is very large.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Under the Email Accounts dialog box in Outlook/Advanced tab there is a
place to add other mailboxes that you have permission to.
0
adavid (8731)
3/26/2006 4:13:04 PM
Go to the Advanced tab in mail settings and add mailboxes to open.

Nue
"C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> How can I open Other people's folder in Outlook
> 2003 other than what is available on the drop down?
> The drop down only offers Inbox, Calendar, Task, etc.
> I want to open Deleted items, Sent items.  I want to
> see what users are keeping in there why their storage
> size is very large.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
imaneophyte (3005)
3/26/2006 4:21:36 PM

In news:OiN8IyOUGHA.5148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
C C <someone@atsbcglobal.net> typed:
> Hello,
>
> How can I open Other people's folder in Outlook
> 2003 other than what is available on the drop down?
> The drop down only offers Inbox, Calendar, Task, etc.
> I want to open Deleted items, Sent items.

To see any folders other than the defaults you see in file | open | other
user's folders, you'll need to have either 'full mailbox access' granted in
ADUC, or have been granted at least 'reviewer' rights to the root of the
other mailbox in Outlook in addition to whatever permissions you need in the
subfolders.

Then in your Outlook profile, you'd go to the properties of the Exchange
server service, advanced tab, and add the other mailboxes there - they'll
now show up in your folder list.

>  I want to
> see what users are keeping in there why their storage
> size is very large.

Why not just set up reasonable quotas so they're forced to manage this
themselves?

> Thanks in advance.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/26/2006 6:48:31 PM
If you like to minitor users mail boxes without them knowing here is what you
need to do
(I need to access users mailboxes without them knowing)
http://consultusa.us/

Please be carefull, many of the companies have privacy rights and yuu do not
want to fault these policies,

Cheers
oz

--
Best regards, Good Luck
Oz Ozugurlu

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:OiN8IyOUGHA.5148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> C C <someone@atsbcglobal.net> typed:
> > Hello,
> >
> > How can I open Other people's folder in Outlook
> > 2003 other than what is available on the drop down?
> > The drop down only offers Inbox, Calendar, Task, etc.
> > I want to open Deleted items, Sent items.
>
> To see any folders other than the defaults you see in file | open | other
> user's folders, you'll need to have either 'full mailbox access' granted in
> ADUC, or have been granted at least 'reviewer' rights to the root of the
> other mailbox in Outlook in addition to whatever permissions you need in the
> subfolders.
>
> Then in your Outlook profile, you'd go to the properties of the Exchange
> server service, advanced tab, and add the other mailboxes there - they'll
> now show up in your folder list.
>
> >  I want to
> > see what users are keeping in there why their storage
> > size is very large.
>
> Why not just set up reasonable quotas so they're forced to manage this
> themselves?
>

> > Thanks in advance.

0
oz952 (210)

E-mails ending up in the right mailbox
Greetings. I have the office using Exchange 2003. I have a couple of users that need to be able to not only view another user's mailbox, but they also need to be able to send/receive e-mail for both users they monitor, and the mail needs to go to each mailbox respectively. For example, I have an Admin account that also has a mailbox for it. When I log into Admin, I open Outlook 97, and from there I also have Admin2's mailbox open as well. I can send e-mail as either Admin or Admin2, and all replies go to the appropriate mailbox, so that setup works great. I have another situation...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Outlook Mail Editor Does Not Close When Outlook Closes
Config: WIN2K & Outlook 2K with latest service packs. Word is my email editor. When I close Outlook the WINWORD.EXE process continues to run. (There are no open email messages when I close Outlook.) If I subsequently open Word it will not to print because it says a default printer does not exist. If I stop the WINWORD.EXE process in the Task Manager before launching Word it prints fine. I couldn't find an applicable Knowledge Base article for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Geary ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Public Folders #3
Hi there- We've just implemented Microsoft Outlook as our new e- mail client, and I've been working a bit with Public Folders. I posted several messages with attachments last week, and they were accessible for about a week, then mysteriously disappeared. Is there a time limit or usage limit determining how long a posted message stays available? Thanks for any responses! ...

looking for help in delaying the sending of e-mail...
....without using rules. What I'm trying to figure out, to little avail, is how to have e-mail that I've composed and am sending out held in the Outbox until I manually send it, as in by hitting F9. Microsoft insists on making me set up a rule, whereby I specify a set number of minutes it will stay in the Outbox before automatically sending it. But doing so this way prevents me from then going into the Outbox and overriding the rule by simply hitting F9. Do I have to resort to writing only drafts? Please help! What about just setting up Outlook not to automatically send/receiv...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

My windows Mail
When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get a windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com "Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your mail server." There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok". I then get an error message: "account: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com',server:'pop-server.ca.rr.com',protocol:pop3,server response:'-ERR invalid username or pass word.'port:110, secure (SSL): no, server error: 0x800ccc90, error number...

Need an open house sign in sheet

combining folders(calendar, inbox,,outbox,contacts,etc)that appear in two places
I need assistance in configuring my Outlook, particularly since I just started to receive my email via outlook. I have folders with the same labels and names in"Outlook Today" and "Personal Folders". The calendar with information and listing of all tasks are in Personal Folders section with Outlook Today being empty. I believe my email is coming into Outlook Today area. I would like to consolidate these areas, I think under Outlook Today, and learn more re when to use what. The outlook today is synchronous on our LAN but there is nothing of import there thus defeat...

Creating folders from Excel Columns

sorting folders in address book
Any way to sort folder in address book in Outlook 2000? Running XP Home. -- Yaderp Peeing on an electric fence is one of those life lesson you only have to be taught once. ...

how to refuse mails from invalid acount ?
Hi ! Every day, we received many spams messages. The message senders are inexistants users of our domain (for example, if we are owner of a domain called "domain.com", we can received spams from a user called "biddon@domain.com" althrought there is no user called biddon on our domain). It is possible to automaticaly refuse messages from users that does not exist on the "domain.com" domain ? We use exchange 5.5 Thank you. You have two options 1) If you know the intended recipients of the undeliverable inbound emails then you can create an empty DL and as...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Exchange Public Folders W/OUT CLASSIC?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D9EE.0890D860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I keep hearing that there is a new version of Mac Office coming out that = will run on OS X and have full native support for Exchange Public folder = use in outlook...Any word on this? --=20 Scott McDonald ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D9EE.0890D860 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tr...

Mail from Mac
We have a problem. I think our Exchage Server 5.5 delete the content of the mail sent from a Mac computer. Anyone who know why this happens?? ...

Can't see 100MB of mail
I have a user who started receiving mailbox over the size limit messages. I checked Exchange System manager and the mailbox was at 108MB which is indeed over our set limits. The user claimed that he had deleted everything from his mailbox. I opened an Outlook profile, checked folder size and it said his mailbox was < 1MB. I manually looked at all the folders and the mailbox did not have a lot of data in it. I moved the mailbox from one mail store to another on the same Exchange 2000 server, ESM still showed 108MB. I used exmerge on the mailbox and the resulting PST was < 1MB...