One User but 2 mailboxes

Hello

How do I go about setting up one user account, but have 2 seperate mailboxes
assigned to that account.

They need to be seperate mailboxes and not just seperate email addresses
that go into one box.

Do i have to set up 3 users, and then change the permissions on 2 of them
for the third to be able to access? Or is there an easier way?

Thanks

Richard

0
Richard

If this is Exchange 2000 or 2003, then you need one Active Directory account
per mailbox.  Therefore, you'd need to set up 3 users and assign permissions
as you've said below.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Richard" <rcowell%nospam%@britainusa.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> How do I go about setting up one user account, but have 2 seperate
mailboxes
> assigned to that account.
>
> They need to be seperate mailboxes and not just seperate email addresses
> that go into one box.
>
> Do i have to set up 3 users, and then change the permissions on 2 of them
> for the third to be able to access? Or is there an easier way?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

0
neil.hobson (1158)
6/2/2004 7:51:55 PM
Assuming you are running Exchange 2000+, there is a one to one relationship
between users and mailboxes. If you need a user to have two mailboxes you
should go ahead and create a mailbox for their user account and make that
their primary mailbox. For the second mailbox, create a "dummy" user account
with mailbox but give the original user full access to the new mailbox by
going to the Exchange Advanced tab and click Mailbox Rights. Select the
"Full Mailbox Access" permission. You will also need to go to the Security
tab of the "dummy" user and give the original user account the "Send As"
permission. Follow the same process if add'l mailboxes are needed.

"Richard" <rcowell%nospam%@britainusa.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> How do I go about setting up one user account, but have 2 seperate
mailboxes
> assigned to that account.
>
> They need to be seperate mailboxes and not just seperate email addresses
> that go into one box.
>
> Do i have to set up 3 users, and then change the permissions on 2 of them
> for the third to be able to access? Or is there an easier way?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

0
Megan
6/2/2004 7:55:10 PM
Couldn't you just filter the emails on the email client to
direct the mail based on the message header
to different folders?
Robert

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:15:25 -0400, Richard wrote:

> Hello
>
> How do I go about setting up one user account, but have 2 seperate mailboxes
> assigned to that account.
>
> They need to be seperate mailboxes and not just seperate email addresses
> that go into one box.
>
> Do i have to set up 3 users, and then change the permissions on 2 of them
> for the third to be able to access? Or is there an easier way?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

0
algore (1)
6/3/2004 12:15:29 PM
....or just create the user another email address that will receive to
the same mailbox.

-Marc

__________

cyclone <algore@boohoo.lost.fl> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.06.03.12.15.28.243115@boohoo.lost.fl>...
> Couldn't you just filter the emails on the email client to
> direct the mail based on the message header
> to different folders?
> Robert
>
> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:15:25 -0400, Richard wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > How do I go about setting up one user account, but have 2 seperate mailboxes
> > assigned to that account.
> >
> > They need to be seperate mailboxes and not just seperate email addresses
> > that go into one box.
> >
> > Do i have to set up 3 users, and then change the permissions on 2 of them
> > for the third to be able to access? Or is there an easier way?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Richard

IS their a way to recreate a user and move the mailboxes internal from one account to the next?
I want to clean up the old Admin's logins and use universal logins (same scheme) for everyone. I am trying to find the easiest way of doing this without causing a lot of problems. I want to redo the login name and move the old user email box to theirs. Anyway of doing this Thank You Will Why don't you just rename the accounts and change the logon IDs as necessary? All of those things are changeable. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "MS Newbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6...

Mailbox items and size count diferent in outlook and exchange admi
Hi, The size and the number of items of mailbox are diferent in outlook (2000) and in Exchange (5.5) Administrator. I've already done several times isinteg command. In microsoft articles ID 235528 and 259675 tells to run SP4 to correct that problem but the server already have SP4. Should i run again SP4?If yes, which component of the available for download? Or there is another solution to that problem? Thanks On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:09:01 -0700, NFSilva <NFSilva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >The size and the number of items of mailbox are diferent in outlook >...

Installing Outlook beta 2
I have a PC with Office 97 and Office 2000 installed. I only really use the MS Access elements of each Office version but they must stay on there. If I install the Office 2003 beta, can I keep these earlier versions of MS Access on there? I seem to recall that the beta CD doesn't make it so easy to keep earlier Office versions on there. I am only looking to have Outlook 2003 from the Office 2003 beta. That is all my need. Regards, Jon There's no Office 2003 beta that I know of - it's Outlook only. Jon wrote: > I have a PC with Office 97 and Office 2000 installed. I only r...

Publisher Template #2
Does anyone have a Publisher 2000 template for creating round CD disc labels? I can't seem to find one in the label wizard or on the MS Publisher site. Wegge wrote: > Does anyone have a Publisher 2000 template for creating round CD disc > labels? I can't seem to find one in the label wizard or on the MS > Publisher site. Do people need everything handed to them on a plate these days?! Measure the labels you'll be printing to and create your own template - that's what I've done, it's really not that difficult. If she/he really wanted to, they could use...

2 CRM Users 1 Machine
Simply put can you use the SFO client for 2 Users who job share and use the same machine, but have separate login ID's? No. SFO is single user "krimkram" <krimkram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4784C558-51FE-4665-A989-0EB1F5C1AFBE@microsoft.com... > Simply put can you use the SFO client for 2 Users who job share and use > the > same machine, but have separate login ID's? ...

Printer for outdoor barcode labels #2
Anyone have a recommendation for a printer compatible with Microsoft RMS that will print barcode material on an outdoor (vinyl) label? ...

How can 2 people add data to the same Excel file at the same time
Is there a way to have more than 1 person keying into a excel sheet at the same time? See this: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/workbook_sharing_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dough50" <Dough50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED9B526A-5470-4452-8067-2C20D4FF63C1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have more than 1 person keying into a excel sheet at the > same time? ...

Any rule of thumb for mailbox size?
Hey all, We just got done migrating 5.5 to 2003, and there was not any limits set on mailbox size. Is there some type of standard for mailbox sizes? Say 400meg. I have some users that are over 2 gigs! We have 650 users with a information store of 80 gigs. Seems way to high... Thanks in advance. ...

copy all incoming and outgoing mail to alternate mailbox?
I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user (s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail sent to and from that user without their knowledge. How can this be done? I am using W2003 AD / Exchange 2003. Take a look at SelectiveJournaling application at www.ivasoft.biz - it could help. -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer www.ivasoft.biz "Jim Rodgers" <jim.rodgers@bataviatrans.com> wrote: news:17c6f01c44962$0ce121c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user > (s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail se...

Office Service Pack 2 update error
System has tried many dozens of times to install an important Office Service Pack 2 update but installation fails every time resulting in error message 57E while I have seen dozens of similar reports, I have yet to see any suggested fix from Microsoft. Clearly this is a well known error. IF the upgrade is important, then why haven't we been provided with a solution. IF the upgrade is not important, then why do they try to keep sending it? See replies to your second post. KenR wrote: > System has tried many dozens of times to install an important Office > Servi...

make one page from two pages when you only have a few words on 2
In word perfect you can do make fit for combining two pages when the second page has only a few lines. How do you do this in word besides changing font to make it fit? You could play around with the paragraph and line spacing of your text. As of Word 2007, default line spacing is 1.15 so you should be able to lower that a bit to gain some extra room. On the 'Home' tab, in the 'Paragraph' group, look for the button containing an up and down arrow (middle bottom). Yves "Bette" <Bette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:271B361E-B7E...

PSTPRX.DLL #2
Can't install my Microsoft Outlook, but had once. Keep getting error message the the file PSTPRX.DLL is missing and MAPI is unable to load. Any help would be greatly appreciated. OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service Pstprx.dll http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293058&Product=ol2002 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups...

Generating cell content based on user input -HELP!!
I'm throwing myself on the accumulated power of the forum and hope there are people out there that can help me with this please?!? I am trying to predict the age of outstanding work to the month end. I have set up a table that has the population of cases in house at start of month. In columns to right of this I have end of month date for each month I am projecting to. Following this is a calc field for each date to work out age of case at each month end. This data is used through the indirect function to calculate the average age of cases at the end of each month. To get it to wo...

CRM 1.2 Basic Authentication with SSL
I�ve red from �Overview of Changes for Microsoft CRM Version 1.2� article the following: 7. Question: Does Microsoft CRM version 1.2 support other Authentication methods? Answer: Microsoft CRM version 1.2 supports NTLM, NTLM with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Basic Authentication with SSL. I�ve checked these Authentication methods experimentally and Microsoft CRM 1.2 Web UI works correctly. But our adapter failed executing: BizUser.WhoAmI() methods in case Basic Authentication and Windows Integrated Authentication with SSL (401 Access Denied). Adapter works properly just in case of Windows I...

Trial Upgrade #2
Hello, I am currently a Quicken user, considering switching to Money. I recently downloaded the Money 2006 Deluxe Trial Edition. If I decide to use Money, I will want to purchase the Small Business Edition. Is it possible to upgrade from the Deluxe Trial Edition to the Small Business Edition? -Samuel "Robert Samuel White" <Robert Samuel White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:748E69DF-5EB6-4AE7-8CCA-4CCA815FC364@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am currently a Quicken user, considering switching to Money. I recently > downloaded the Money 200...

Receipts #2
Is their a way to configure outlook to provide delivery and read receipts that can not be modified by the user in a non exchange environment. You don't need Exchange to be able to use group policy to set registry = values:=20 Request a read receipt for all messages a user sends Key: HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences=20 Value name: ReadReceipt =20 Value type: REG_DWORD=20 Value data: 1 =3D Enabled, 0 =3D Disabled (default) =20 Request delivery rcpt for all msgs a user sends (Exchange only) Key: HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\...

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\.thumbnails\normal
With Windows XP Home edition: I have notice that under C:\Documents and Settings\user name/.thumbnails\normal that there are a lot of recent thumbnail photos. What's this all about???? Any knowledge on this? Thanks in advance, hb No! Fill us in on just what websites you have been visiting! >WT< "H.B." <hblair@sktc.net> wrote in message news:uxGxGOupKHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > With Windows XP Home edition: > I have notice that under C:\Documents and Settings\user > name/.thumbnails\normal that there are a lot of recent thumb...

Background sound #2
I am wanting to attach sounds to my emails, however if I attach mp3's or any sort of player files the people on the other end do not receive the sound. Does any one know how I can copy music from cds into my music file to use for emails Thanks the user interface only supports wavs, au, and mids. it is possible to attach a mp3, but it does require it to be re-encoded to a format that is complaint to wavs. (it has been a long time since i have done this, so you might want to review some of the outlook express stationery groups to see if anyone can point you in the right direction.) ...

Delete Mailbox Store
In E2k3 how can I permanently delete the Mailbox store including priv.edb and priv.stm if I cannot delete or move the system restore and SMTP mailboxes. I already created a new mailbox store on the same server and moved all mailboxes to it. Thank you Rob Peters Every Exchange Store has an SMTP and SystemMailbox so loosing the ones associated with that particular Exchange Store should not be a problem. The only mailbox that might be of a concern is the System Attendant mailbox. However, by restarting the MSExchangeSA service the Exchange Server will assign that mailbox to another mailb...

Is Office XP Service Pack 2 different from Microsoft Service Pack.
Is the Office XP Service Pack 2 the same download as the Windows Update for Service Pack 2? No. Windows and Office are two entirely different critters. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MACRO MYSTERY #1" <MACROMYSTERY1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF79BF4-C6AA-4B72-8DB8-DEF345B5ABE9@microsoft.com... > Is the Office XP Service Pack 2 the same download as the Windows Update > for > Service Pack 2? Let me re phrase the question because you answer says first," No.", meaning they are not different and then that &quo...

Can I link dates within 2 different cells to a calendar?
\Is is possible to set up an excel worksheet that has different columns (with different categories) of dates to link or import themselves into a outlook calendar for scheduling purposes? I am trying to show jobs that would carry over a period of days or weeks in a calendar format from an excel spreadhseet ...

The account specified for the Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager Administrator is invalid
Experts, How do I resolve this issue? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9314 Date: 12/4/2005 Time: 12:06:59 AM User: N/A Computer: EBIZ-GATE Description: The account specified for the Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager Administrator is invalid. No mailboxes will be processed. -- Spin Services, Microsoft Exchange System Administrator, properties. Change the user account to either the Exchange Administrator account or System Account. Nick "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3vgsjfF162o0rU1@indi...

Moving material from one page to another
I'm using Office 2007/Publisher. How do I move material from one page to another? Cut and paste doesn't seem to work very well in this version of Publisher. Example: I have revised the document and now have a page I don't need. Some of the material on the page is in a Master but not necessary to move. Other stuff consists of text and text with pictures that I want to reposition on an earlier page. Have you tried dragging the objects to the scratch area? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Saguaro...

Save email as word doc #2
Does anyone know how to save a Email message to a word document. When tring to select "as save type" word document, in the save as documents screen there is no choice to save as word doc. Is there a way to activate it in outlook 2003, the option was avaliable in earlier versions. You should be able to do this when you set Word as your e-mail editor and then reply on the message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tec" <anonymous@discussio...

Send on Behalf #2
Hi I want the message message to say "a sent on behalf b" but it just says "B" Can anybody help!? I looked at microsoft KB and the instructions for Send on Behalf didn't worked - it always resulted in "B" name. Thanks Kiran does the person who's sending also have "send as" permissions? if they do, that takes precedence... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Kiran" <kiran.vithal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129227741.091863.152770@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I want the message message to say "a sent on...