One domain 2 excahgne servers

Hi all

We currently have one forest and one domain and one exchange 2003 server. We
have a remote office that wants to run its own exchagne server. Is this
recomended? how do two excahgne 2003 server in the same domain but in
different sites behave? I was going to put the exchange server in there oun
OU and let them go for it, but is there anything i need to know about this or
look out for?

Thanks a bunch

Skip

0
Skipster (152)

Exchange 2003 can scale to many many sites...how many people in your remote
office though?  an entire server for just a few users might be overkill...

"Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> We currently have one forest and one domain and one exchange 2003 server.
We
> have a remote office that wants to run its own exchagne server. Is this
> recomended? how do two excahgne 2003 server in the same domain but in
> different sites behave? I was going to put the exchange server in there
oun
> OU and let them go for it, but is there anything i need to know about this
or
> look out for?
>
> Thanks a bunch
>
> Skip

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/4/2004 10:44:36 PM
There are about 100 users, but i guess my question here is if I let the
remote office isntall there own excahegn server and this excahgne server is
part of the same forest and same domain, then this becomes a security concern
for me as i only want one or two admins making changes to exchange. So if you
have two exchagne servers that are part of the same domain and forest then i
would think that any change and admin makes to one excahgne server would
directly effect the other exchagne server. This is my concern

Skip

"Susan" wrote:

> Exchange 2003 can scale to many many sites...how many people in your remote
> office though?  an entire server for just a few users might be overkill...
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > We currently have one forest and one domain and one exchange 2003 server.
> We
> > have a remote office that wants to run its own exchagne server. Is this
> > recomended? how do two excahgne 2003 server in the same domain but in
> > different sites behave? I was going to put the exchange server in there
> oun
> > OU and let them go for it, but is there anything i need to know about this
> or
> > look out for?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch
> >
> > Skip

0
Skipster (152)
10/4/2004 11:13:02 PM
you can separate/secure them by creating separate administrative groups...or
put them in one administrative group if they are going to be centrally
managed...lots of options with Exchange 2003...

> There are about 100 users, but i guess my question here is if I let the
> remote office isntall there own excahegn server and this excahgne server
is
> part of the same forest and same domain, then this becomes a security
concern
> for me as i only want one or two admins making changes to exchange. So if
you
> have two exchagne servers that are part of the same domain and forest then
> would think that any change and admin makes to one excahgne server would
> directly effect the other exchagne server. This is my concern
>
> Skip
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > Exchange 2003 can scale to many many sites...how many people in your
remote
> > office though?  an entire server for just a few users might be
overkill...

> > "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > We currently have one forest and one domain and one exchange 2003
server.
> > We
> > > have a remote office that wants to run its own exchagne server. Is
this
> > > recomended? how do two excahgne 2003 server in the same domain but in
> > > different sites behave? I was going to put the exchange server in
there
> > oun
> > > OU and let them go for it, but is there anything i need to know about
this
> > or
> > > look out for?
> > >
> > > Thanks a bunch
> > >
> > > Skip

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/4/2004 11:26:29 PM
if the two servers are in there own adminstrative groups and routing group,
but part of the same domain and forest then would exchaneg server1 and
exchagne server2 see the same GAL for the company, and if so is there a way
to create a another address lsit that only has users from the remote site in
it?

If the serers are in different admin groups are they basically seen as
security boundaries? what information would they still share with this setup?

Thanks again

"Susan" wrote:

> you can separate/secure them by creating separate administrative groups...or
> put them in one administrative group if they are going to be centrally
> managed...lots of options with Exchange 2003...
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There are about 100 users, but i guess my question here is if I let the
> > remote office isntall there own excahegn server and this excahgne server
> is
> > part of the same forest and same domain, then this becomes a security
> concern
> > for me as i only want one or two admins making changes to exchange. So if
> you
> > have two exchagne servers that are part of the same domain and forest then
> > would think that any change and admin makes to one excahgne server would
> > directly effect the other exchagne server. This is my concern
> >
> > Skip
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > Exchange 2003 can scale to many many sites...how many people in your
> remote
> > > office though?  an entire server for just a few users might be
> overkill...
> > >
> > > "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> server.
> > > We
> this
> there
> > > oun
> this
> > > or

0
Skipster (152)
10/5/2004 12:09:04 AM
you can control who sees what by using address lists and setting permissions
accordingly...see this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319213

and you can use permissions on separate administrative groups to restrict
who can do what within each AG...

> if the two servers are in there own adminstrative groups and routing
group,
> but part of the same domain and forest then would exchaneg server1 and
> exchagne server2 see the same GAL for the company, and if so is there a
way
> to create a another address lsit that only has users from the remote site
in
> it?
>
> If the serers are in different admin groups are they basically seen as
> security boundaries? what information would they still share with this
setup?

> Thanks again
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > you can separate/secure them by creating separate administrative
groups...or
> > put them in one administrative group if they are going to be centrally
> > managed...lots of options with Exchange 2003...
> >
> > "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > There are about 100 users, but i guess my question here is if I let
the
> > > remote office isntall there own excahegn server and this excahgne
server
> > is
> > > part of the same forest and same domain, then this becomes a security
> > concern
> > > for me as i only want one or two admins making changes to exchange. So
if
> > you
> > > have two exchagne servers that are part of the same domain and forest
then
> > > would think that any change and admin makes to one excahgne server
would
> > > directly effect the other exchagne server. This is my concern
> > >
> > > Skip

> > remote
> > overkill...

> > server.
> > this
> > there
> > this

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/5/2004 2:57:58 PM
Hi susan

thanks so much for your help with this i do appreciate it. If im
understanding you correctly and please correct me if im wrong. If the two
excahgne servers are in different admin groups than is this a security
boundary? can one admin who is in administrative group1 control or set
permission on the exchagne server that is in admin group2? and besides
sharing the same domain and schema attributes what els would these tweo
servers share?

Thanks so much for your help

"Susan" wrote:

> you can control who sees what by using address lists and setting permissions
> accordingly...see this:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319213
>
> and you can use permissions on separate administrative groups to restrict
> who can do what within each AG...
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > if the two servers are in there own adminstrative groups and routing
> group,
> > but part of the same domain and forest then would exchaneg server1 and
> > exchagne server2 see the same GAL for the company, and if so is there a
> way
> > to create a another address lsit that only has users from the remote site
> in
> > it?
> >
> > If the serers are in different admin groups are they basically seen as
> > security boundaries? what information would they still share with this
> setup?
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > you can separate/secure them by creating separate administrative
> groups...or
> > > put them in one administrative group if they are going to be centrally
> > > managed...lots of options with Exchange 2003...
> > >
> > > "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the
> server
> > > is
> > > concern
> if
> > > you
> then
> would

> > > remote
> > > overkill...

> > > server.
> > > this
> in
> > > there
> about
> > > this

0
Skipster (152)
10/5/2004 4:23:02 PM
administrative groups are like "sites" in Exchange 5.5 - if an admin has
permissions in a site/AG, he can do what his permissions allow.  But it's
very easy to segregate permissions so that admins in one group cannot
perform administrative tasks in another AG.  I'm not sure I know what you
mean by "what else would the two servers share"...they've obviously in the
same Exchange Organization, and would share a GAL...if your servers are in
different Routing Groups, and RGC will need to be configured, much the same
as a site connector was necessary in 5.5, for email communication between
the RGs...

> Hi susan
>
> thanks so much for your help with this i do appreciate it. If im
> understanding you correctly and please correct me if im wrong. If the two
> excahgne servers are in different admin groups than is this a security
> boundary? can one admin who is in administrative group1 control or set
> permission on the exchagne server that is in admin group2? and besides
> sharing the same domain and schema attributes what els would these tweo
> servers share?
>
> Thanks so much for your help
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > you can control who sees what by using address lists and setting
permissions
> > accordingly...see this:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319213
> >
> > and you can use permissions on separate administrative groups to
restrict
> > who can do what within each AG...
> >
> > "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > if the two servers are in there own adminstrative groups and routing
> > group,
> > > but part of the same domain and forest then would exchaneg server1 and
> > > exchagne server2 see the same GAL for the company, and if so is there
> > way
> > > to create a another address lsit that only has users from the remote
site
> > in
> > > it?
> > >
> > > If the serers are in different admin groups are they basically seen as
> > > security boundaries? what information would they still share with this
> > setup?
> > >
> > > Thanks again

> > groups...or

> > the
> > server
> > if
> > then
> > would

> > in
> > about

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/5/2004 4:38:57 PM
Ok so what if i put the servsers in different organizations is this possible
even though the two servers are in the same domain?

Thanks

Skip

"Susan" wrote:

> administrative groups are like "sites" in Exchange 5.5 - if an admin has
> permissions in a site/AG, he can do what his permissions allow.  But it's
> very easy to segregate permissions so that admins in one group cannot
> perform administrative tasks in another AG.  I'm not sure I know what you
> mean by "what else would the two servers share"...they've obviously in the
> same Exchange Organization, and would share a GAL...if your servers are in
> different Routing Groups, and RGC will need to be configured, much the same
> as a site connector was necessary in 5.5, for email communication between
> the RGs...
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi susan
> >
> > thanks so much for your help with this i do appreciate it. If im
> > understanding you correctly and please correct me if im wrong. If the two
> > excahgne servers are in different admin groups than is this a security
> > boundary? can one admin who is in administrative group1 control or set
> > permission on the exchagne server that is in admin group2? and besides
> > sharing the same domain and schema attributes what els would these tweo
> > servers share?
> >
> > Thanks so much for your help
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > you can control who sees what by using address lists and setting
> permissions
> > > accordingly...see this:
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319213
> > >
> > > and you can use permissions on separate administrative groups to
> restrict
> > > who can do what within each AG...
> > >
> > > "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > group,
> > > way
> site
> > > in

> > > setup?

> > > groups...or
> centrally

> let
> > > the
> > > server
> security
> exchange. So
> > > if
> forest
> > > then
> > > would

> your

> 2003
> server. Is
> but
> > > in
> in
> know
> > > about

0
Skipster (152)
10/5/2004 4:53:05 PM
no...you can have only one Exchange Organization within a forest...why would
you want to do that, even if you could?  it would make email communication
between your users much more difficult...

> Ok so what if i put the servsers in different organizations is this
possible
> even though the two servers are in the same domain?
>
> Thanks
>
> Skip
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > administrative groups are like "sites" in Exchange 5.5 - if an admin has
> > permissions in a site/AG, he can do what his permissions allow.  But
it's
> > very easy to segregate permissions so that admins in one group cannot
> > perform administrative tasks in another AG.  I'm not sure I know what
you
> > mean by "what else would the two servers share"...they've obviously in
the
> > same Exchange Organization, and would share a GAL...if your servers are
in
> > different Routing Groups, and RGC will need to be configured, much the
same
> > as a site connector was necessary in 5.5, for email communication
between
> > the RGs...
> >
> > "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi susan
> > >
> > > thanks so much for your help with this i do appreciate it. If im
> > > understanding you correctly and please correct me if im wrong. If the
two
> > > excahgne servers are in different admin groups than is this a security
> > > boundary? can one admin who is in administrative group1 control or set
> > > permission on the exchagne server that is in admin group2? and besides
> > > sharing the same domain and schema attributes what els would these
tweo
> > > servers share?
> > >
> > > Thanks so much for your help

> > permissions

> > restrict

> > site

> > centrally

> > let
> > security
> > exchange. So
> > forest

> > your

> > 2003
> > server. Is
> > but
> > in
> > know

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/5/2004 5:01:35 PM
Ok so what do you think of this setup. I know thats kind of a loaded question
but in a nut shell would you strongly disagree or think its do able

Thanks again

"Susan" wrote:

> no...you can have only one Exchange Organization within a forest...why would
> you want to do that, even if you could?  it would make email communication
> between your users much more difficult...
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok so what if i put the servsers in different organizations is this
> possible
> > even though the two servers are in the same domain?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Skip
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > administrative groups are like "sites" in Exchange 5.5 - if an admin has
> > > permissions in a site/AG, he can do what his permissions allow.  But
> it's
> > > very easy to segregate permissions so that admins in one group cannot
> > > perform administrative tasks in another AG.  I'm not sure I know what
> you
> > > mean by "what else would the two servers share"...they've obviously in
> the
> > > same Exchange Organization, and would share a GAL...if your servers are
> in
> > > different Routing Groups, and RGC will need to be configured, much the
> same
> > > as a site connector was necessary in 5.5, for email communication
> between
> > > the RGs...
> > >
> > > "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> two
> tweo

> > > permissions

> > > restrict

> routing
> and
> there
> remote
> > > site

> seen as
> this

> > > centrally

> > > let
> excahgne
> > > security
> > > exchange. So
> > > forest
> server

> in
> > > your
> be

> message

> exchange
> > > 2003
> > > server. Is
> domain
> > > but
> server
> > > in
> > > know

0
Skipster (152)
10/5/2004 5:07:01 PM
It really depends on the requirements...if you have someone in the remote
site who can handle the administration, you might want to do that...if not,
you may want to either keep all the users on one server, or install the
second server in the remote site in the same administrative group and
administer both of them...

> Ok so what do you think of this setup. I know thats kind of a loaded
question
> but in a nut shell would you strongly disagree or think its do able
>
> Thanks again
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > no...you can have only one Exchange Organization within a forest...why
would
> > you want to do that, even if you could?  it would make email
communication
> > between your users much more difficult...
> >
> > "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Ok so what if i put the servsers in different organizations is this
> > possible
> > > even though the two servers are in the same domain?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Skip

> > it's
> > you
> > the
> > in
> > same
> > between

> > two
> > tweo

> > routing
> > and
> > there
> > remote

> > seen as
> > this

> > excahgne
> > server

> > in
> > be

> > message

> > exchange
> > domain
> > server

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/5/2004 5:25:38 PM
Cool. Thanks again for all your help I think this answers my questions

Skip

"Susan" wrote:

> It really depends on the requirements...if you have someone in the remote
> site who can handle the administration, you might want to do that...if not,
> you may want to either keep all the users on one server, or install the
> second server in the remote site in the same administrative group and
> administer both of them...
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok so what do you think of this setup. I know thats kind of a loaded
> question
> > but in a nut shell would you strongly disagree or think its do able
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > no...you can have only one Exchange Organization within a forest...why
> would
> > > you want to do that, even if you could?  it would make email
> communication
> > > between your users much more difficult...
> > >
> > > "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > possible

> has
> > > it's
> cannot
> what
> > > you
> in
> > > the
> are
> > > in
> the
> > > same
> > > between

> the
> > > two
> security
> set
> besides
> > > tweo

> > > routing
> server1
> > > and
> is
> > > there
> > > remote

> > > seen as
> with
> > > this

> administrative

> message
> if
> > > excahgne
> and
> excahgne
> > > server
> concern

> people
> > > in
> might
> > > be

> > > message

> > > exchange
> exchagne
> same
> > > domain
> exchange
> > > server
> need to

0
Skipster (152)

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

Positioning 2 User Forms
Hi I hope I explain this correctly - I have user form 1 which on opening fills the monitor screen with everything in its correct place and working OK. Within the same Workbook I have a small user form 2 which is opened by a command button on user form 1. On opening that works perfectly OK. However no matter what I try and do and that includes changing Start Up Position = in the VBA the damn thing always opens in the middle of user form 1 - when the desired position would be in an empty space available on the baseline of user form1. Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated ...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

Firewall is blocking HQ client/server over VPN
I have a VPN connection bet the store and my laptop which has HQ. When I am in my store's network, HQ client and server communicates fine. But from outside, the VPN is connecting but the Windows firewall on my laptop is blocking the communication from HQ client. To isolate the problem, when I turn off the firewall, it does indeed connect. The Windows firewall has RMS Server and Manager as exceptions as well as port 34200 and 34202 open. What else do I have to do to the firewall? I hear the port for SQL should not be open. You have answered your own question: RMS communicates with...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

Service Pack 2
I am running a legit version of windows vista that came with my laptop about a year and a half ago. I can do any update that is offered except for the service pack 2 update. It goes through showing that it is completely installed, even running through the 3 part update upon restart but after that it says tat the update failed and is reverting back to my old settings. I have tried this on 3 separate occasions after all other updated have been taken care of and I get the same problem. Any ideas? ...

importing #2
I created a logo on pulisher and want to use that logo in a word document. When I cut and paste it or try to use the insert tool it inserts the logo in the middle of my word document. I need it at the top of my document. Sometimes it will insert but give me another whole page. idaho wrote: > I created a logo on pulisher and want to use that logo in a word > document. When I cut and paste it or try to use the insert tool it > inserts the logo in the middle of my word document. I need it at the > top of my document. Sometimes it will insert but give me another > whole pag...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

>>>Customer Live Chat Moved to May 10th: What's new in RMS 2.0<<<
Whats New in Microsot Dynamics RMS 2.0 - Customer Chat - Has moved to May 10th Have questions about the new RMS 2.0 release? Talk to RMS feature experts and designers about the new and exciting features available in the latest Microsoft Dynamics RMS release. Sign-up now http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Need to move the ADC to new Win2K3 domain controller
As part of a larger Exchange migration process I need to move/upgrade the ADC from a Windows 2000 domain controller to the new Win2K3 server. We are still in mixed mode (duh!). I am wondering is it as simple as just uninstalling the current ADC and then running the install again from the new server? Every article I am finding only deals with removing the first server in the Org. Anyone have any experience with this? ...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

Automatic Send/Receive doesn't work #2
I installed Outlook 2003 on my friend's computer (actually Office 2003) and all works well, except that he has to click "send/receive for him to receive any emails. It is set to do a send/receive every 5 minutes, as well as at exit Any ideas why this wouldn't work ? TIA JM It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In...

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Y Axis Labels #2
I have a chart that is listed weeks against a score, ie: Week 1 2 Week 2 5 Week 3 1 and so on. The numbers however refer to a word, ie: Week 1 2 Bad Week 2 5 Very Good Week 3 1 Very Bad When i chart it i chart against the numbers to make sure it works but i need the Y-Axis labels to look against the words. Any ideas? -- chalky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chalky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23758 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

Recurring transactions #2
I switched from Money 2000 to Money 2004 recently. I have noticed that on the bill and deposit manager looking at a 30 day window for example that if you have a recurring transaction it will only display the next occurence of that transaction. For example I have setup my pay check as a recurring deposit each week. But looking at the 30 window only shows one upcoming transaction on that Friday. The following Friday's deposit is not even listed until the currently displayed transaction is recorded. The problem comes when you try to forcast your balance by highlighting a range ...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...

Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services failed during 4.0 upgrade Options
I posted this in CRM Deployment, but now answers so far: Hello All, Had gotten the error message that "Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services failed - the user or group name DOMAIN\User1 is not recognized." during a 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade in TEST environment. I choose ignore and the upgrade ran through. I identified that a former developer had assigned Publisher rights at the home level within SRS. The developers account name has changed since then. Now there are no reports listed when choosing the REPORTS within CRM. There was also the error below in the app log. Any ideas how to p...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...