one corrupt email

Hello all

We use Exchange 2k3 standard on win2k3 standard. I have a small
inconvenience when I backup. We use Veritas backup exec 10.5 with the
exchange option. The backup officialy fails everynight, because of one email.

WARNING: "\\<exch server>\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\<John Doe> [John]Top
of Information StoreInbox <followed by loads of unreadable ASCII chars>

Outlook Message Manager (Outlook) (KEY: AE559D45713BB54A89F083344511FCA0)"
is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Now as far as the backup goes. I know my backup is OK. I can even turn the
warning feature off, so it won't fail. But I would like to know if there is a
way of getting rid of this message. But if I do that, then I won't be alarmed
if something else actually is corrupted.

I don't even mind deleting the culprit email, if I can identify it. The
specific user mentioned has no problem with email and going through thousands
of email in different folders to see if any of them is corrupted, is
obviously not a practical thing.

I would be grateful if anyone out there could recommend a solution or a way
of identifying the email using the key given in the error message above.

Thanks and regards
0
Cristina (11)

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:26:06 -0700, "Cristina"
<Cristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello all
>
>We use Exchange 2k3 standard on win2k3 standard. I have a small
>inconvenience when I backup. We use Veritas backup exec 10.5 with the
>exchange option. The backup officialy fails everynight, because of one email.
>
>WARNING: "\\<exch server>\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\<John Doe> [John]?Top
>of Information Store?Inbox <followed by loads of unreadable ASCII chars>
>
>?Outlook Message Manager (Outlook) (KEY: AE559D45713BB54A89F083344511FCA0)"
>is a corrupt file.
>This file cannot verify.
>
>Now as far as the backup goes. I know my backup is OK. I can even turn the
>warning feature off, so it won't fail. But I would like to know if there is a
>way of getting rid of this message. But if I do that, then I won't be alarmed
>if something else actually is corrupted.
>
>I don't even mind deleting the culprit email, if I can identify it. The
>specific user mentioned has no problem with email and going through thousands
>of email in different folders to see if any of them is corrupted, is
>obviously not a practical thing.
>
>I would be grateful if anyone out there could recommend a solution or a way
>of identifying the email using the key given in the error message above.
>
>Thanks and regards

Stop doing mailbox level backups and those errors will go away.
0
adavid (8731)
10/12/2005 4:39:14 PM
Thanks Andy

But I need to backup individual mailboxes as that would reduce a lot of
headaches, when it comes to restoring something. Can you think of way to
identify and delete this nasty email?

Regards

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:26:06 -0700, "Cristina"
> <Cristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello all
> >
> >We use Exchange 2k3 standard on win2k3 standard. I have a small
> >inconvenience when I backup. We use Veritas backup exec 10.5 with the
> >exchange option. The backup officialy fails everynight, because of one email.
> >
> >WARNING: "\\<exch server>\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\<John Doe> [John]?Top
> >of Information Store?Inbox <followed by loads of unreadable ASCII chars>
> >
> >?Outlook Message Manager (Outlook) (KEY: AE559D45713BB54A89F083344511FCA0)"
> >is a corrupt file.
> >This file cannot verify.
> >
> >Now as far as the backup goes. I know my backup is OK. I can even turn the
> >warning feature off, so it won't fail. But I would like to know if there is a
> >way of getting rid of this message. But if I do that, then I won't be alarmed
> >if something else actually is corrupted.
> >
> >I don't even mind deleting the culprit email, if I can identify it. The
> >specific user mentioned has no problem with email and going through thousands
> >of email in different folders to see if any of them is corrupted, is
> >obviously not a practical thing.
> >
> >I would be grateful if anyone out there could recommend a solution or a way
> >of identifying the email using the key given in the error message above.
> >
> >Thanks and regards
>

> Stop doing mailbox level backups and those errors will go away.

0
Cristina (11)
10/12/2005 4:50:02 PM
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:50:02 -0700, "Cristina"
<Cristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks Andy
>
>But I need to backup individual mailboxes as that would reduce a lot of
>headaches, when it comes to restoring something. Can you think of way to
>identify and delete this nasty email?

Sorry, No. I would argue that the email itself is not corrupt and
those errors are false positives generated by backup exec.  Their
support site may have more info.

Quick Question: How often do you restore a single mailbox from brick
level backups and why not simply set your deleted item/mailbox
retention level to an acceptable number and use the Recovery Storage
groups for restores if required?

>Regards
>

>"Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:26:06 -0700, "Cristina"
>> <Cristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello all
>> >
>> >We use Exchange 2k3 standard on win2k3 standard. I have a small
>> >inconvenience when I backup. We use Veritas backup exec 10.5 with the
>> >exchange option. The backup officialy fails everynight, because of one email.
>> >
>> >WARNING: "\\<exch server>\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\<John Doe> [John]?Top
>> >of Information Store?Inbox <followed by loads of unreadable ASCII chars>
>> >
>> >?Outlook Message Manager (Outlook) (KEY: AE559D45713BB54A89F083344511FCA0)"
>> >is a corrupt file.
>> >This file cannot verify.
>> >
>> >Now as far as the backup goes. I know my backup is OK. I can even turn the
>> >warning feature off, so it won't fail. But I would like to know if there is a
>> >way of getting rid of this message. But if I do that, then I won't be alarmed
>> >if something else actually is corrupted.
>> >
>> >I don't even mind deleting the culprit email, if I can identify it. The
>> >specific user mentioned has no problem with email and going through thousands
>> >of email in different folders to see if any of them is corrupted, is
>> >obviously not a practical thing.
>> >
>> >I would be grateful if anyone out there could recommend a solution or a way
>> >of identifying the email using the key given in the error message above.
>> >
>> >Thanks and regards
>>

>> Stop doing mailbox level backups and those errors will go away.

0
adavid (8731)
10/12/2005 4:55:37 PM
"Quick Question: How often do you restore a single mailbox from brick
> level backups and why not simply set your deleted item/mailbox
> retention level to an acceptable number and use the Recovery Storage
> groups for restores if required"?

Exaclty! Doing brick level backups of exchange 2003 or exchagne 2003 sp1 is
a waste of time, and resources. Its just not needed

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:50:02 -0700, "Cristina"
> <Cristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Andy
> >
> >But I need to backup individual mailboxes as that would reduce a lot of
> >headaches, when it comes to restoring something. Can you think of way to
> >identify and delete this nasty email?
>
> Sorry, No. I would argue that the email itself is not corrupt and
> those errors are false positives generated by backup exec.  Their
> support site may have more info.
>
> Quick Question: How often do you restore a single mailbox from brick
> level backups and why not simply set your deleted item/mailbox
> retention level to an acceptable number and use the Recovery Storage
> groups for restores if required?
>

> >Regards
> >

> >"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> >> Stop doing mailbox level backups and those errors will go away.

0
Skip1 (502)

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

Corrupted Personal.xls file in Word 97 ??
I am using Excel 97. As of a few days ago, every time I start Excel I get a dialogue box that says "Personal.xls is being modified by Milt" (that's me) and giving me three choices: (1) Open the Personal.xls as a Read Only file, (2) Notify me when it becomes available, (3) Cancel. No matter which choice I take, the same dialogue box appears the next time I start Excel. The only way I have found to stop getting that dialogue box is to go to Progam Files/Microsoft Office/Office/XLS Start ... in which folder resides the file Personal.xls and right click on that file and...

Email Notifications #4
Is there a way to get an email notification in folders other than the default Inbox in Outlook 2003? Thanks No. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Tony Crooch" <tcrooch@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0d7201c3d9df$38d98620$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to get an email notification in folders > other than the default Inbox in Outlook 2003? > > Thanks You can use the R...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

How to make ALL headings "name (email address)" format
Hello, We would like to have ALL e-mail printouts in our company, by ALL people, list ALL recipients (From, To, CC) in the format "Firstname Lastname (email-address)" [if enough info is available]. We have people using Outlook 2000, 2003 and 2007. They get upset when there is a printed copy of an e-mail and it just says "John Smith", with no e-mail address. This is apparently the default of Outlook, or at least our Outlooks. With my meagre intelligence, I have never been able to correct this. Does anybody know how to change this? We never, ever, ever, ever, ever, eve...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

Exchange and Bulk Email
We have lists of clients that we send bulk emails to. The problem we are having is that when we send the email out, with the distribution group in the BCC to hide the address's, 60% get returned because the recipients email server rejects it as spam. Probably because it is being sent to 100 address's within the company all at once. Is there a way in Exchange to setup it up so that sends each email individually spaced apart by like 2 seconds. Basically get it to act more like Majordomo? For $11G I would hope so, but this does not sound like it is the case. On Thu, 8 Dec 200...

Corrupt free space
In "My computer" the system disk shows that there is 20GB free space, when the actual free space is more than 270 GB. Is there anything I can do to correct this? I have defragmented and run a full chkdsk check, which didn´t help. Where are you getting these sizes from? I suspect, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013&Product=winxp "jiger" <jiger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4140F02-8F79-4E89-9D00-3658B760A25A@microsoft.com... > In "My computer" the system disk shows that there is 20...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Receiving duplicate emails #5
I have WIN XP w/ Outlook 2003. I have my email set up but I seem to be reciving the same email after I get the initial one. Sometimes it will be an hour later other times it will be a few days and it will download the email like it is "unread" sometimes it will download 2-3 of the same messages. I have the option "leave message on server" selected so i can access my messages when i'm not home, but i don't think that should cause it to redownload the message again, should it? I also have "delete from server when deleted from trash" selected. Thanks for...

Problem receiving large email through POP3 on Exchange 2003
Hi, I have a couple of users that is complaining about not being able to receive "large" emails after we migrated to Exchange 2003. They both use Microsoft Outlook 2003. One fully patched and one without any service packs at all. It can be as little as 512KB emails that stops them. Outlook just hangs and never gets by it and in some cases it'll take about 5 minutes and it suddenly comes through.. :( /Christian On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:21:14 +0100, Christian Jensen <ads@peugeot205.dk> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a couple of users that is complaining about not being abl...

How to create an Email Account Profile
I would like to progmatically create an email account profile for Outlook 2007 from another application I am writing. I have reviewed the registry keys HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messageing Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook2007 and see that I will need to do something vastly different than pre OL 2002 versions. Thanks Create a prf-file with the Office Resource Kit (ORK) or Office Customization Tool (OCT) and then launch Outlook with that prf-file in order to configure it automatically. Your script would be then calling a command similar to thi...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

MSKB 841273 and Outlook email slowness / failure
I'm not an Outlook or Exchange Server expert by any means. I'm dealing with random failures in Outlook to Receive and sometimes to Send email. I see in MSKB 841273: "Therefore, if you are in cached mode and if you are working online (that is, your connection status indicates �Connected�), Outlook uses both the Offline Address Book and the global address list to provide a complete listing of user information." My question is this: What if there isn't a Global Address List? Could this cause slowness? Thanks, Fred Fred Marshall wrote: > I'm not an Outlook o...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...

email notification when task is complete in CRM3.0
Is it possible to create an email notification when a "crm activity task" is completed/closed. Scenario: I'm a sales manager and I create tasks for my sales people on a daily basis to perform certain follow up activities in CRM. Basically I would like to receive an email (or have my associate receive an email) when my sales people complete these activities. I don't want to go to each sales person and view a list of open or closed activities by sales person. Is there an easy (off the shelf) way of doing this in MSCRM 3.0? Thanks, Benny Hi Benny, You can add a W...