old email sent back randomly

            Hi,

I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and
windows with the latest patches installed.
One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment
of around 800 KB.
Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the
first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this
email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a
NDR is generated however their email address is correct.
I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user's
computer.
I've tried to look for the message in the queues, but didn't find anything.
I've enable the message tracking on the server in order to make sure these
emails were actually orginated from the server. I've found the email listed
in the message tracking sent at the date the email are reappearing with the
origin date, the actual date the email was sent the first time. Now when
looking for the messages sent from the message tracking center, i receive an
error message telling me that the object cannot be found, wether because it
has been deleted or the message tracking history is incorrect.
Additionnally, when i search for these messages through the message tracking
center i received plenty of events 10009 (DCOM cannot communicate) in the
system event viewer...
I've no idea how to get rid of these pesky emails, and some of the
recipients are really bored with these emails...
I've found the message ID, but was enable to find the message itself.

Any comment are welcomed!

Thanks in advance,
kind regards

Yannick

0
ythevenot (6)

Domain Masking on Email
I'm in an office without an exchange server... we are using Outlook 2003 for our mail. We have mail that has been established for some time now through our ISP... but we also have email forwarders tied to our web domain. The outside world can be informed of our forwarders from the domain name, but when we reply to them, they will see a different address in our email header (the one from our ISP). Although I can change the reply e-mail address so that they are still replying to our domain mail, they may confuse the ISP address into their contact managment. I can add the domain email to ...

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

Email alias #2
Where do you set the alias for your email address? My problem is that my new email address is too long and I would like to change it so that when my clients get email from me, it must only display my company name in the from field, if possible. Please assist Henk It is in your Account Settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Henk asked: | Where do you set the alias for yo...

how do i save an email message to another folder
how do i save an email with a document to another folder in outlook so it does not get lost Drag it from the inbox folder and drop it on the the other Outlook folder. melanie wrote: > how do i save an email with a document to another folder in outlook so it > does not get lost ...

Opening docs from old versions
In attempting to open a doc created in an ancient version of Word (for Windows, not DOS), I get this message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening by your registry policy setting." What is the registry setting I must change to override this and allow the opening? Thanks. -TedMi Hi Ted, I'm pretty sure this is the KB article you need: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 There are both downloadable reg files and instructions for manual editing...

office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files
I have a desktop pc with Office 2003 and Vista Home premium system. I am getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on it. With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop. However, all my old files were generated by office 2003. Will the office 2007 be able to access and process these old files? Also, can I uninstall office 2003 from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files created by office 2003? Thanks. Carl Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new version by savi...

how do i get an email address from microsoft outlook
I'm not sure how to set up microsoft outlook 2003 e-mail on my computer at home. A good many internet connection providers have directions on their site on how to configure Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express on their site. Perhaps you could share who is supplying your POP3/IMAP mailbox account and someone here can reference you to a web page that covers how to setup. "aracelis" <aracelis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BC73273-638F-46C2-8499-9DE643366EB1@microsoft.com... > I'm not sure how to set up microsoft outlook 2003 e-mail on...

Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from old drive
Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook. The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc? I'd like to save all those messages to a backup/archive. Thanks, Shayne. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Out...

Exchange sending multiple emails
Hi, Our exchange server keeps re sending email from employees within our company any ideas what could be doing this> thanks Mj Solved Seem that email stuck in Temp folder and needed cleaning out "Mj" wrote: > Hi, > > Our exchange server keeps re sending email from employees within our company > > any ideas what could be doing this> > > thanks > > Mj What is the path to the temp folder? Im just interested because I have never heard of this one before. "Mj" wrote: > Solved > > Seem that email stuck in Temp folder an...

Universal tag line to outgoing emails
Hi, Is there a way to add a universal tag line to all outgoing emails ? Thanks for any help Only with scripting or 3rd party products...GFI does it with mail essentials i believe. "ejptccs123" wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way to add a universal tag line to all outgoing emails ? > Thanks for any help > > Read this first: http://slate.msn.com/id/2101561/ 1. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262097 2. http://www.exclaimer.co.uk/ 3. http://www.nemx.com 4. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327 5. http://support.micros...

Can't get Pop email from one location!
I have a strange situation - One of our users has an intermittent problem. On occasion she can't get logged into her exchange POP account from home. I can create her account on my Outlook and can get her email at my home office. I put my account on her Outlook and I cannot get connected either. The error says the server was found BUT no response from the server! Any Ideas? Thanks ...

Outlook email setup
Can any one tell me what to put in the follwing text box when setting up email in outlook...."Outgoing mail (smtp)" I have created an email address and i want the mail to come and go from outlook. at the moment i can recieve messages but not send. i think the above 'smtp' thing is where the problem lies. thanks for any help: crcuk@hotmail.com Depends on your ISP (Internet Service Provider) information. Go to your ISP site and they will have the information that you need. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Craig" <crcuk@hotmail.com> wrote in mes...

pictures emailing
I have MSN set up on my computer (Vaio - Windows XP) and I am using microsoft outlook for default email. I try to attach a picture to an email and instead of going "sent" from MSN file (shows on microsoft outlook) it appears in sent file under personal files and doesn't go to folks. I send everything else, word documents, etc. fine, just pictures are not going. Any help or ideas? ...

Queue Email problem
Hi All, I have a weired problem. There is a queue in my CRM implementation. It is getting emails properly. but what ever email come to this queue gets forwared to it self with only the subject and no body. so each email gets a duplicate without body and FW: added in subject. There is no callout or workflow to send email automatically to itself. There are other users and queues which are functioning properly. Only one queue is showing this weired problem. I have removed and deployed rule from Rule Deployment Wizard to confirm if that part is ok. I have no clue. Any quidence will be app...

old posts
How can I find a post I made yesterday? Hi, when you open this post, click on your name, it will pop up a window with your information, at the to right click on Recent posts by this user if this helps please click yes, thanks "Eric" wrote: > How can I find a post I made yesterday? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like: http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Eric wrote:...

Emails over 1mb keep getting sent over and over and are stuck in the outbox.
I am having a problem were emails with attachements - about 800k and higher - keep getting sent out over and over. It only stops when I delete the email from my outbox. It seems like the email is sent, but remains in the outbox and just keeps on sending away. Anyone have any ideas? I recently upgraded my virus software from PC Cillin 2002 to the latest version. I do have the scan outgoing emails feature turned on. If you disable mail scanning, does it go out? jesse wrote: > I am having a problem were emails with attachements - > about 800k and higher - keep getting sent ...

email not sending
I can receive, but not send get this message The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: good morning', Account: 'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have already restarted computer, and unplugged and replugged internet? Using Windows Mail on Vista??? Please help ASAP Secureserver.net provides email service for many ISPs. The best thing for you to do is to find the instructions for your ISP. However, here are the generic s...

Lost EMAIL #9
I opened my emailbox and found that I had 7 new email messages. One half of my window shows my messages, the bottom window shows the email I currently looking at. While looking at the first new message from the top window, my PC froze up (Black screen with many arrows across the middle) When I rebooted the PC (using XP Pro), when I get into my emailbox, none of the 7 email messsages are in my mailbox. The company I have email service with (COMCAST HI speed internet) says once mail leaves their server, it's gone and they have no way of recovering. Anyone have any idea of where this...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

set email message as first
Hi, please help. How do I read the most recent email response first. Each time I get an email response I have to scroll all the way down to the beginning of message to get an answer, much appreciate if you would help! k <k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, please help. How do I read the most recent email response first. > Each time I get an email response I have to scroll all the way down > to the beginning of message to get an answer, much appreciate if you > would help! What is included in the body of a message is completely up to the sender of that message. I...

Cannot open default email folders
I have just loaded the new Outlook 2007 and have not been able to open it yet. I set up the email addresses from Control Panel/Mail/Show Profiles window. Everything loaded fine. I marked my new email address as the default address. Now I get a new message that says Cannot open default email folders the file c:\Documents and Settings\...\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file. What did I do wrong or what can I do to correct this? NCAccountant <NCAccountant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just loaded the new Outlook 2007 and have not been able to > open it ye...

Outlook gets OLD messages again....
How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had deleted. May be your provider restored a backup? -- EDV-Service Marchert [Peter Marchert] --------------------------------------- Homepage: http://www.marchert.de Rufnummernformatierung mit EditNumbers Kontakte per Mausklick mit ContactMaker smerf schrieb: > How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had > deleted. It's 1and1.com.....the girl that answered couldn't do anything but request a sample email from me and promise a call later. This has happened...

Default font in MAPI invoked email
My default fonts in Outlook 2007 are sans-serif. However, when an Outlook message form is invoked by another program -- such as using a Send Link from a browser -- the default font is always Times New Roman. What do I have to do to change the default font for an email that is invoked by a browser? Thank you! Jeremy Version of outlook? What is your plain text format? Look in tools, options, mail format, stationery and fonts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Ou...

Read Receipt Header not being sent
Here is the issue: If I send from the internet requesting a read receipt to our Exchange 2000 and our Exchange 2003 org, it works with no issue, but when I send to our Exchange 5.5 org, it does not work. Now. When I look at the message header on the 5.5 account I do see the "Disposition-notification-to" field on the message I sent from the net so its not being stripped. Whats even more wierder is when I send from the 5.5 account to the net with read receipt. Instead of the field saying "Disposition-notification-to", it says "Delivery-receipt-to" and it d...

Email problem with hostname
I got this error when sending email to my distributor in Brazil. ERROR: The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the recipient postal address was not known at this address. 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [my ip address]. I have Exchange 5.5 sp4 and I checked with my ISP and DNS, everything correct and PTR and Reverse DNS are all checked out. Thanks in advance for any assistance. "toby one" <support@re.com> wrote: >I got this error when sending email to my distributor in Brazil. ERROR: The >message was undeliverable be...