0
WILDPACKET (529)

In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com,
WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Offline Address Book is not updating?
>
> Not sure where to look for trouble.
>
> Advise Please.
>
> Thank you

Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx
or google.

0
lanwench (7567)
2/26/2007 5:35:55 PM
have you done a rebuild?  see if anything here helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841273/en-us

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Offline Address Book is not updating?
>
> Not sure where to look for trouble.
>
> Advise Please.
>
> Thank you

0
sconkey (3059)
2/26/2007 5:40:39 PM
Thank you for your response.

We use OL2002.  We are not seeing any errors.

I notice on few laptops there are users in the Address Book who does not
exist in the AD any more.

Where do I do a rebuilt?

Advise Please, Thanks.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com,
> WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > Offline Address Book is not updating?
> >
> > Not sure where to look for trouble.
> >
> > Advise Please.
> >
> > Thank you
>
> Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx
> or google.

0
WILDPACKET (529)
2/26/2007 6:36:10 PM
You didn't mention what version of Exchange you are using.  In E2K7, you
would open EMC and go to Organization, mailbox and hit the Offline Address
Book Tab.  From there, you would choose the update button from the work pane
on the right.

From there, you could do a send/receive, Download address book on your mail
client to see if it worked.

If this doesn't work, you may try rebooting your Global Catalogue server.

"WILDPACKET" wrote:

> Thank you for your response.
>
> We use OL2002.  We are not seeing any errors.
>
> I notice on few laptops there are users in the Address Book who does not
> exist in the AD any more.
>
> Where do I do a rebuilt?
>
> Advise Please, Thanks.
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
> > In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com,
> > WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > > Offline Address Book is not updating?
> > >
> > > Not sure where to look for trouble.
> > >
> > > Advise Please.
> > >
> > > Thank you
> >
> > Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see
> > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx
> > or google.

0
marc3746 (19)
2/26/2007 6:46:13 PM
Thank you Maav for your response.

Exchange 2003 SP2 and we have 2 GC servers in the site up and running.

"Maav" wrote:

> You didn't mention what version of Exchange you are using.  In E2K7, you
> would open EMC and go to Organization, mailbox and hit the Offline Address
> Book Tab.  From there, you would choose the update button from the work pane
> on the right.
>
> From there, you could do a send/receive, Download address book on your mail
> client to see if it worked.
>
> If this doesn't work, you may try rebooting your Global Catalogue server.
>

> "WILDPACKET" wrote:
>

> > Thank you for your response.
> >
> > We use OL2002.  We are not seeing any errors.
> >
> > I notice on few laptops there are users in the Address Book who does not
> > exist in the AD any more.
> >
> > Where do I do a rebuilt?
> >
> > Advise Please, Thanks.
> >

> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
> >
> > > In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com,
> > > WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> > > Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see
> > > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx
> > > or google.

0
WILDPACKET (529)
2/26/2007 6:51:20 PM
To do this, open ESM, expand Recipients, and click on Offline Address Lists.
In the right pane, right-click on the offline address list.  You will be
warned that it potentially could take a long time. Click Yes to proceed with
the rebuild. Wait a couple of minutes (Exchange's scheduler seems to run on a
one minute clock, so it could be as much as 60 seconds before the process
begins. After it starts, in a small domain, it'll probably only take a few
seconds to rebuild the address list.

"WILDPACKET" wrote:

> Thank you Maav for your response.
>
> Exchange 2003 SP2 and we have 2 GC servers in the site up and running.
>

> "Maav" wrote:
>
> > You didn't mention what version of Exchange you are using.  In E2K7, you
> > would open EMC and go to Organization, mailbox and hit the Offline Address
> > Book Tab.  From there, you would choose the update button from the work pane
> > on the right.
> >
> > From there, you could do a send/receive, Download address book on your mail
> > client to see if it worked.
> >
> > If this doesn't work, you may try rebooting your Global Catalogue server.
> >

> > "WILDPACKET" wrote:
> >

> > > Thank you for your response.
> > >
> > > We use OL2002.  We are not seeing any errors.
> > >
> > > I notice on few laptops there are users in the Address Book who does not
> > > exist in the AD any more.
> > >
> > > Where do I do a rebuilt?
> > >
> > > Advise Please, Thanks.

0
marc3746 (19)

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

Offline reports
Reports are only available when users are online. Is there anyway to create a custom report to use the offline store. Better yet - is there a way to have the report go to the offline store when disconnected and use the server database when connected. Would be nice if all reports worked this way... Agreed, that would be nice. Great suggestion for next version. Since v3.0's reporting engine is SRS, maybe a SRS limitation for offline/MSDE support?? I guess we can leverage the dynamic excel and word merge/link as a "creative" work-around. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www....

NK2 Autocomplete File: Online vs. Offline?
I am experiencing an odd problem with the NK2 file and the retention of addresses within. Before I get to the actual problem, I will share what I know. This file's function is to retain addresses for auto-completing purposes when sending a new email message. FACTS: - addresses are stored once an email has been sent to a user, as opposed to pulling directly from the address book. - the file can retain up to 1000 addresses PROBLEM: From time to time, the size of the NK2 file reverts back to zero and loses all the data within it. From what I can tell, in regards to the 100+ users in my...

Exchange 2003 Offline Adressbuch
hallo, ich habe probleme mit dem offlineadressbuch. wir haben mehrere adresslisten im einsatz. user haben halt nur auf eine bestimmte adressliste rechte. das funktioniert auch alles. wenn ich jetzt eine offlineadressliste erstelle und dort die adressliste des benutzer hinterlege funktioniert das nicht. es wird immer die globale (also die komplette) adressliste angezeigt. der benutzer bekommt somit viel mehr zu sehen als er eigentlich darf!!! gibt es da m�glichkeiten das einzuschr�nken? umgebung: exchange 2003 - outlook2000/xp/03 irgendwelche ideen? danke michael ...

delayed delivery options and offline server = mass email send
on Friday, user scheduled email in Outlook to delay send until Saturday afternoon. equipment failure caused exchange 2003 on SBS server to lose internet access from Saturday morning until Sunday morning. Local network connection was not broken, ie: Outlook clients stayed connected to Exchange server during downtime. During downtime, Exchange was sending thousands of delivery status notification 'delay' messages to Outlook client regarding previously scheduled email that it is now trying to send. Upon reconnection of internet access, thousands of copies of the scheduled email were s...

Offline setting in Outlook 2002
Running a laptop with Windows XP SP1 & Outlook 2002. Outlook is configured as a MAPI client (for use w/ Exchange 2000 server). User also has an .ost file configured locally on the laptop. The laptop is often connected to the corporate network via VPN using a Cisco VPN client. From time to time, while connected via VPN, Outlook goes into Offline mode. Restarting Outlook does not result in the program coming out of Offline status. I've found that the only way to resolve this issue is for the user to log off/on again and restart Outlook. At present, I've configured Outloo...

Error when going offline 08-08-07
One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when 'Initialization of database' starts the Outlook closes and the process is stopped. This happens every time. Is there anyone that has a solution for this ? -- Regards Tvaia On 8 Sie, 11:18, Tvaia <Tv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. > After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when > 'Init...

OFFLINE
I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE OFFLINE DATABASE IN THE BACKOFICE EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS GREAT BUT IN BACK OFFICE IT SAYS ERROR 2147217843 SQL STATE 42000 NATIVE ERROR 18456 Is the backoffice the database server at that location? If so, you don't need the offline database on that machine; or if its not licensed for POS, you don't need the offline database either. If this doesn't apply, make sure that when you connect you change the server to point to "local"....hope this helps "WPALMER72" wrote: > I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE OFFLINE DATABASE IN THE BACKOFICE EVE...

OWA Access Client [WP]
This user is having intermittent issues when he logons to OWA. Changed his password but still some time fails to logon. He has no Outlook connected to the exchange, he is a remote user and just uses OWA. Please advise. Thank you in advance. WP. I think you'll need to provide a little more information on this one.... -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "WILD PACKET." <mailtomohsin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eXygwXXvFHA.2504@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > This user is having intermittent is...

offline
two question 1.how can i import offline folders *.ost?if i can at all? 2.if i work in exchang and now i want to use pop3 i whats the diffrent between append internet email or to go to tools---options-----mail service----reconfigure and then chose the first option. thx 1 - Try exporting it to a PST on a machine that can still access the data in the OST. You can then try importing the data from that PST file 2 - Not sure what your question is here. What version of Outlook are you using? Sounds like possibly 98 or 2000. If so, take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode...

Working offline (not)
I don't know what's different today, but every time I start WLM it "thinks" I'm offline. It offers me the choice of "work offline" or "try again". How do I get rid of this? What type of Internet connection do you have? If 'always on' broadband, go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection. What does it show for connection? You must either leave that unselected (in which case WLM will use=20 whatever connection IE uses), or else select the Local Area Network. Also, under Tools, Options, Connection, th...

Transfer out from Offline Inventory Problem
I face a strange problem, when the offline items transferred out from the offline inventory to another store they stay appearing in the offline inventory with their quantities, and a transfer out number appear in front of them. when I generated the item movement report I didn't find the serial is transferred out, but I found the transfer number mentioned in the offline inventory and the same item code in it. by this problem the offline quantities increasing dramatically and the transferred out quantities didn't deducted from it. Note: when I open the transfer out mentioned in the...

Outlook indicates in lower right corner that it is offline.
Send and receive seems to work but for the first time ever I'm receiving 'Outlook is Offline' in the bottom right corner of the Outlook screen. What is causing this and can I fix it? -- ~krittermattel~ ...

DL
Hi, I have this QBDL which collects all the users whose e-mail address end with @abc.def.com. This works just fine. Now the boss wants his name in this DL and his e-mail address is this @def.com. I tried to add his user with the exact e-mail address but the query does not work at all. Is there a way I can add his user in the DL? Thanks in adv. Manually add an address boss@abc.def.com. It shouldn't make any difference to him and he will be part of the QBDL. Nue "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27EF9F71-EB01-4B4A-A08C-5AE73...

Offline Batches not in SO database, still in SO Offline database
Hi Everyone, Have a problem where I see a few batches that are in the offline database with a status of 8 and they do not show up in the SO database. The cashier is off by the amount in that offline batch. The reason I know this: 1. SELECT * FROM BATCH in the offline database displays the offline batch and the amount matches the amount she is over in tender. 2. There are no journal receipts shown for the time period that the cash register was offline. Any ideas? Or anyone can explain how the offline database process works at the database level? I was thinking if I can reset the ba...

sfo offline error
Hi! I am new at CRM and i have a trouble working from outllok offline. When i press the offline button i do not receive any errors about the process but then i receive the following: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044106. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044106. Source Error: An unhandled exce...

STM file not getting smaller after offline defrag
I have an exchange server with a 8GB .edb file and a 2.3GB .stm file. I look at the System Manager and it tells me that the total size of all my mailboxes is 6.1GB (I summed the numbers). I run the mailbox manager and it sends me the following email: Messages that would be moved or deleted: 649 Size of messages that would be moved or deleted: 1779.99 MB I run an offline defrag and my .edb file and .stm file get no smaller. What am I doing wrong? Also, I ran a dump once and looked at the stm file. My understanding is that its supposed to be clear text, but all i...

GC Offline
I have 2 DCs running and each are configured as a GC. In the exchange system manager, under directory access, I can see both GCs listed. When my second GC goes offline all outlook clients on my network cannot communicate with exchange. The 2 DCs and Exchange server are Win2K with SP4. Exchange is running the newest service pack. Is there a way to automatically fail over to another GC? All clients are running Office XP as some company software is not yet certified with Office 2003. I have seem many posts on this issue and was wondering is this was also something with Exchange? ho...

Offline Database Sync Error/I.E. Script error
We receive these errors periodically on our POS stations: "Run-time error '-2147217873 (80040e2f)': Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_Item'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'Item.' We also use a custom html for the POS window, and we are getting an internet expolorer script error showing the URL as that file. Any suggestions? I appreciate your input! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CAE2D5.4F701F60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-pri...