Offline Rules

We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise and Outlook 2003.
How do I make the rules manageable from Ouloook when it
is offline mode.

Mike
0
mikeo1 (3)

Rules based on Bayesian technology (or some other rule creating feature)
I would like a feature that would start creating rules as I move messages around. Is there any addins or code that does this? I am familiar with Spam bayes, but tha is for SPAM, and I am looking for something that would work with my NORMAL messages. Thanks! Bruce ...

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

Moving sent mail with a rule.
Hi, I have a rule in Outlook 2003 that moves all sent mail to a folder that is sent via a spesific account. the problem is that it marks it as "not read". Is there a way to change this? G. George Lake <gdlake@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a rule in Outlook 2003 that moves all sent mail to a folder > that is sent via a spesific account. the problem is that it marks it > as "not read". Is there a way to change this? Afraid not. -- Brian Tillman ...

Send as rules..??
Hi all have set up send as permissions on the exchange server, so user A can send mail from the department mail account, using the from button. However this message goes in to her personal sent items where it can be deleted moved etc, which is exactly why i set up the deparment account in the first place. I guess this need to be done via rules, but if any one could assist me as to which specific ones i would be very grateful. Is there a rule for applying to mail when the Sent From option (in outlook) is used . i only want a single shared account for individual departments, is it really...

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

Rules fail
I have a set of rules (Outlook 2003 SP2) which don't seem to work when Outlook is not run. I had not run my Outlook in a while and none had worked in my absence. I checked to make sure the rules are not client only, any ideas? I had not turned on "out of office". "aazar" <aazar_t@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:289d4f41-b416-4cb0-a630-125fe2fad5b5@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I have a set of rules (Outlook 2003 SP2) which don't seem to work when > Outlook is not run. I had not run my Outlook in a while and none had > worked in my absence. I ...

Security Rules and Sharing
Hi, We have a client with this scenario: BU1 - User A - Security role BU level for account entity - User B - Security role User level for account entity BU2 - User C User C shares an account that he owns with User B with read, write and append permissions. User B can now see, write, etc the shared account. User A, despite having permissions at BU level for account entity, cannot see the shared account. Our client needs that User A can see, write, etc the shared account without the need of sharing it with user A. Do you have any suggestion of how we can do this? Regards, Rute Not...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...

Apply Rule 01-11-05
Hi. I want to now if is possible to deactivate an rule just for an specifies entity. Ex: I have an accont "XPTO" and i have apply some rule manual, but now i want to remove that rule just for account "XPTO". Is this possible? Thank for your help. Instead of deactivating the rule for a certain account, you could modify the rule logic to do nothing if the account name is XPTO HTH "Rita Resende" <Rita Resende@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7007A73F-343B-4707-B20C-18CA9CB12EB5@microsoft.com... > Hi. > > I want to now if is p...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

error in rule deployment
Hi All, I had sucessfully setup the email configuration at one of my clients few weeks ago. today we tried to add the rule for some new users and recieved failure errors during both (1) rule verification & (2) rule deployment. the error message was something like: "Error: no object linked to referneced object" this error also generates when i try to verify rule on users where we had deployed it weeks ago (and since it was working fine). alos outlook is not showing any CRM rule inside outlook rules window for those users where it was deployed priviously. any ideas what this...

transferring signatures and rules
I've transferred my oultook.pst from one PC to another. I got my email messages and calendar entries, but I've lost my rules and signatures. How may I get them? (I need to send the first machine in for hard-drive replacement, but I'd like to get the rules, signatures and anything else that I'd set up on Outlook transferred over to my new machine first. Apparently copying the PST file does not suffice.) FYI, I didn't store my PST file in Documents and SEttings\etc on the new nor old PC, but in c:\MyOwnPathForOutlookPSTFiles\ From: "Excel@shoenfeltconsulting.com&qu...

Import Message Rules from OE
Hi, I tried to import message rules from OE, but only two of nine rules got to OL. when I tried again the same rules where duplicated. Thanks, AJS AJS <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote: > Hi, I tried to import message rules from OE, but only two of nine > rules got to OL. when I tried again the same rules where duplicated. Outlook and Outlook Express use different rule engines and not all of the rules OE supports can be imported into Outlook. Describe one of the rules that didn't import and perhaps someone can tell you why it didn't. -- Brian Tillman ...

Offline reports
Reports are only available when users are online. Is there anyway to create a custom report to use the offline store. Better yet - is there a way to have the report go to the offline store when disconnected and use the server database when connected. Would be nice if all reports worked this way... Agreed, that would be nice. Great suggestion for next version. Since v3.0's reporting engine is SRS, maybe a SRS limitation for offline/MSDE support?? I guess we can leverage the dynamic excel and word merge/link as a "creative" work-around. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www....

NK2 Autocomplete File: Online vs. Offline?
I am experiencing an odd problem with the NK2 file and the retention of addresses within. Before I get to the actual problem, I will share what I know. This file's function is to retain addresses for auto-completing purposes when sending a new email message. FACTS: - addresses are stored once an email has been sent to a user, as opposed to pulling directly from the address book. - the file can retain up to 1000 addresses PROBLEM: From time to time, the size of the NK2 file reverts back to zero and loses all the data within it. From what I can tell, in regards to the 100+ users in my...

Exchange 2003 Offline Adressbuch
hallo, ich habe probleme mit dem offlineadressbuch. wir haben mehrere adresslisten im einsatz. user haben halt nur auf eine bestimmte adressliste rechte. das funktioniert auch alles. wenn ich jetzt eine offlineadressliste erstelle und dort die adressliste des benutzer hinterlege funktioniert das nicht. es wird immer die globale (also die komplette) adressliste angezeigt. der benutzer bekommt somit viel mehr zu sehen als er eigentlich darf!!! gibt es da m�glichkeiten das einzuschr�nken? umgebung: exchange 2003 - outlook2000/xp/03 irgendwelche ideen? danke michael ...

delayed delivery options and offline server = mass email send
on Friday, user scheduled email in Outlook to delay send until Saturday afternoon. equipment failure caused exchange 2003 on SBS server to lose internet access from Saturday morning until Sunday morning. Local network connection was not broken, ie: Outlook clients stayed connected to Exchange server during downtime. During downtime, Exchange was sending thousands of delivery status notification 'delay' messages to Outlook client regarding previously scheduled email that it is now trying to send. Upon reconnection of internet access, thousands of copies of the scheduled email were s...

Rules easier in OE than OL?
Message Rules seem easier in OE than in OL. I'd like to sort everything from one account into a separate mailbox. No prob in OE6: just select "Where the message is from the specified account", move it to the desired folder et voil�! However, seems like you can only specify the 'to' field in OL2000, not an entire account. So if you have several email aliases, you need several Msg Rules. Or am I missing something? Ask an expert on an Outlook newsgroup. It is entirely different than OE. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook news://msnews.microsoft.com/micr...

Offline setting in Outlook 2002
Running a laptop with Windows XP SP1 & Outlook 2002. Outlook is configured as a MAPI client (for use w/ Exchange 2000 server). User also has an .ost file configured locally on the laptop. The laptop is often connected to the corporate network via VPN using a Cisco VPN client. From time to time, while connected via VPN, Outlook goes into Offline mode. Restarting Outlook does not result in the program coming out of Offline status. I've found that the only way to resolve this issue is for the user to log off/on again and restart Outlook. At present, I've configured Outloo...

Error when going offline 08-08-07
One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when 'Initialization of database' starts the Outlook closes and the process is stopped. This happens every time. Is there anyone that has a solution for this ? -- Regards Tvaia On 8 Sie, 11:18, Tvaia <Tv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. > After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when > 'Init...

Rules Wizard question.
I'm running Outlook 2003 SP1 Is there a way to set up an e-mail rule "with specific words in subject" to do a logical AND on multiple words? What I want to do is move a new e-mail to a specific folder if the subject contains both "gcfn" and "wanted". What keeps from using 2 rules is I also want to filter a message with "gcfn" to another folder and it's IMAP so every folder it goes in I have to purge. Thank you, Steven As far as I know, there's no way to logically AND two terms together. <sbrobst@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1...

OFFLINE
I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE OFFLINE DATABASE IN THE BACKOFICE EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS GREAT BUT IN BACK OFFICE IT SAYS ERROR 2147217843 SQL STATE 42000 NATIVE ERROR 18456 Is the backoffice the database server at that location? If so, you don't need the offline database on that machine; or if its not licensed for POS, you don't need the offline database either. If this doesn't apply, make sure that when you connect you change the server to point to "local"....hope this helps "WPALMER72" wrote: > I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE OFFLINE DATABASE IN THE BACKOFICE EVE...