Offline Address book question.

Several articles about OAB referes to "siteFolderServer" attribute in AD.
However I'm bit confused as to which object in AD is being referred. What I
found that at least two Exchange objects has "siteFolderServer" attribute.
- CN=Default Offline AddressList,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists
Container,CN=<FIRST ORGANIZATION>,CN=MICROSOFT
EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=*,DC=local"
- CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=<First
Organization>,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=*,DC=local

Can any one tell me what it the significance and what the values means?

Thanks.
0
RD (38)

siteFolderServer is for Administrative Groups - it simply points to a server
in the Admin Group that provides OABs, Free/Busy, et al.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"RD" <RD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several articles about OAB referes to "siteFolderServer" attribute in AD.
> However I'm bit confused as to which object in AD is being referred. What
> found that at least two Exchange objects has "siteFolderServer" attribute.
> - CN=Default Offline AddressList,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists
> Container,CN=<FIRST ORGANIZATION>,CN=MICROSOFT
> EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=*,DC=local"
> - CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=<First
> Organization>,CN=Microsoft
> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=*,DC=local
>
> Can any one tell me what it the significance and what the values means?
>
> Thanks.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
6/5/2006 6:42:53 PM
Thanks for your reply.

What is the significance of the value in CN=Default Offline AddressList
object? Looks like to me that ESM reads this value in <First Organization> ->
Recipients -> Offline Address Lists -> Default Offline Address List's Offline
Address List property which is described as below in help.
--
Use this text box to specify the server that you want to generate and store
offline address list files. When users remotely download an offline address

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> siteFolderServer is for Administrative Groups - it simply points to a server
> in the Admin Group that provides OABs, Free/Busy, et al.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "RD" <RD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Several articles about OAB referes to "siteFolderServer" attribute in AD.
> > However I'm bit confused as to which object in AD is being referred. What
> > found that at least two Exchange objects has "siteFolderServer" attribute.
> > - CN=Default Offline AddressList,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists
> > Container,CN=<FIRST ORGANIZATION>,CN=MICROSOFT
> > EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=*,DC=local"
> > - CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=<First
> > Organization>,CN=Microsoft
> > Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=*,DC=local
> >
> > Can any one tell me what it the significance and what the values means?
> >
> > Thanks.

0
RD (38)

Exchange Backup Question; multi-homed servers
'Back of envelope' math has our full bare metal restore of network around 30 some hours. Brass Hats have decided to re-design backup concepts. No central backup server with dedicated RAID and Tape drive. Looking at multi backup servers. Each independent of others. Fresh clean slate for dedicated Exchange 2k3 server(s) backup; full restore down to single message restore. If we can start fresh, no reason to be stuck with old backup software because "it's what we use." Questions: -- Does a Windows 2K3 OS with MSExchange 2K3 Enterprise function correctly with...

Question on pivot tables
Let's say a pivot table has two fields - "country" and "fruit". There are seven products and seven countries, and I want to flip through all 49 permutations. However, if one product isn't present in one country (for example, let's say "apple" does not exist in "england"), then rather than returning the error, the vba code forces "apple" over the top of another fruit that does exist. So the code firstly selects "england", then (if I were doing it manually) I would drop down the fruit box and see that "...

underscores in email addresses
I use Windows mail and my cousin's email address is notsaying_007@yahoo.com. Whenever I try to write him the email comes back saying it was undeliverable to notsaying 007.yahoo.com. (They put a blank where the underscore line was.) This is because the blue line falls on the blue line of the email address box and the two become one, and the address looks like it has a space where the underscore is. It is correct in the contacts folder . I am able to email him from the online account with my same carrier, but they gave me a long all-digit password I can never remember or find . I...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

Weird address book thing ...
My wife changed her email address, and I dumped her old one from every address book I can find, and from my contacts list ... also from the OE address book. Every time I type in her first name, her old email address pops up. Where in blazes would this be ????? I cannot find it anywhere. Its like there is a temp file somewhere or a buffer that contains that old email address. Dumb question I know, but its really got me curious. Thanks ... John It's in a cache. When the list pops-up highlight the address with your arrow keys and press DELETE. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outloo...

Booking Resources using Outlook and OWA
Hi We're a new Exchange/Outlook shop, and I am having a little trouble setting up our shared resources to be able to be booked (scheduled) by users. I have read a lot of documentation on the Web, including the very helpful info at slipstick.com: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.htm Following the instructions outlined on this website, I setup the resources as users in Active Directory, and assigned Author permissions on the calendar to users who need to schedule the resource. For Direct Booking to work properly, all the documentation strongly emphasizes that the user MUST ...

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

European Address Data
Hi and thanks in advance for any help. I have 700,000 European Companies in a csv file. Unfortunately the COUNTRY is separate but all other information (street, zip/postal, city, region/state) is in one ADDRESS column. I would like to be able to "find and copy/move" info to separate street/city/zip columns as best as possible For example for French or German addresses the zip code is five digits so I want to search the the ability to move '#####' ("five number characters in a row")strings to a ZIP column Ideally this would also allow the ability to also tak...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Migration and rename question
I have an NT4 domain with Exchange 5.5. I need to upgrade the domain to Windows 2003 and Exchange to 2003 enterprise. Our current domain name is a name our company hasn't used in many years and I would like to change to our current name as well. I've done quite a bit of research and found very detailed instructions on doing each of these tasks individually, but not all together. Does anyone have any advice on the best approach to take in order to accomplish this? Thanks for any help. You will need to create a new Forest and do an Inter-org migration. This is much more compl...

MS Money 2005 Question
Hello all; I have installed MS Money 2005 on my Win XP SP2 machine. I live in Canada. I have my regional settings in the machine pegged to Canada. I have told MS Money in the settings area to Set Planner Currency to Canada, and I have also set Base Currency to Canada. Here is the issue. When I create a new inventory item and try to make a invoice for that item it display's a different price. Example: I have made a product called Test. I have pegged a $12.00 price tag to this item and have taken the check mark out of Tax, so no tax. When I add this item to my invoice it ...

Can I transfer details from windows address book to outlook 2007?
Does anyone know how I can transfer addresses from windows address book on X P Home to Outlook 2007? Outlook>Import>addressess "Newdover" <Newdover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:687A63FA-95C9-43E8-81F8-862709DD959D@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how I can transfer addresses from windows address book on > X > P Home to Outlook 2007? Newdover <Newdover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how I can transfer addresses from windows address > book on X P Home to Outlook 2007? In Outlook, click File>Impo...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...

Bar Graph Question #2
Hi, Is it possible to plot a horizontal bar graph where the Y axis represents a category, the X axis is Time, and where the height of the bar is related to an additional numervial variable? Thanks and happy to clarify, Kevin I know of no way to do this (I assume you want the third variable to change the bar's width) But post this to the charting newsgroup and see if Jon Peltier has a VBA answer. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "kmatch" <kmatch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE51BB2B-4D04-4980-8CC3-11A986A5...

NK2 Autocomplete File: Online vs. Offline?
I am experiencing an odd problem with the NK2 file and the retention of addresses within. Before I get to the actual problem, I will share what I know. This file's function is to retain addresses for auto-completing purposes when sending a new email message. FACTS: - addresses are stored once an email has been sent to a user, as opposed to pulling directly from the address book. - the file can retain up to 1000 addresses PROBLEM: From time to time, the size of the NK2 file reverts back to zero and loses all the data within it. From what I can tell, in regards to the 100+ users in my...

Gloabal Address List
I have a windows 2000 active directory environment, Exchange 2003 loaded on a Server 2003 machine. Every so often after creating a new user thru 'Active Dirctory Users and Computers' the new user does not show up in the GAL nor can you set up an Outlook client as it will give the error that no name could be found to match. If you go into the properties of the user in 'AD Users and computers' they do not have the default SMTP settings applied when looking in the 'E-mail address' tab. I've seen other postings when using outlook 2003 and users not showing up bu...

Live ID Questions
I apologize in advance if this is the incorrect newsgroup but when you see my question, you will understand why I can't post to the Microsoft web-based community forums. Currently, I use Windows Live Mail exclusively on my desktop to receive and send all my email through my ISP. I also don't "message". Consequently, I have never initiated a Live ID. I don't want "hot mail", calendar or contact information on the web. I now find that it appears that I need a Live ID in order to post questions on various Microsoft Community forums, which are all w...

Offline reports
Reports are only available when users are online. Is there anyway to create a custom report to use the offline store. Better yet - is there a way to have the report go to the offline store when disconnected and use the server database when connected. Would be nice if all reports worked this way... Agreed, that would be nice. Great suggestion for next version. Since v3.0's reporting engine is SRS, maybe a SRS limitation for offline/MSDE support?? I guess we can leverage the dynamic excel and word merge/link as a "creative" work-around. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www....

how can I import a LOT of address at once
Hi, Apologize if this was asked in the near past - - - looked but can not see.... I would like to use outlook (office 2003) for my address and date manager - would like to 'import' 2500 or so address/phone/contact information to outlook for starters. The dates will be put in as needed... I have looked (not quite blue from looking) and can not find the way to do so ..... ANY guidance is appreciated. I am preparing to be able to co-ordinate (dates and contacts, etc..) with the palm product (yet to buy) - (any suggestions as to what to purchase is appreciated please) Many thanks in...

Exchange 2003 Offline Adressbuch
hallo, ich habe probleme mit dem offlineadressbuch. wir haben mehrere adresslisten im einsatz. user haben halt nur auf eine bestimmte adressliste rechte. das funktioniert auch alles. wenn ich jetzt eine offlineadressliste erstelle und dort die adressliste des benutzer hinterlege funktioniert das nicht. es wird immer die globale (also die komplette) adressliste angezeigt. der benutzer bekommt somit viel mehr zu sehen als er eigentlich darf!!! gibt es da m�glichkeiten das einzuschr�nken? umgebung: exchange 2003 - outlook2000/xp/03 irgendwelche ideen? danke michael ...

address book/contact
How to add contacts when I am using Outlook Web Access? ...

How do I change my address in MS money
I can not find any help in the program to edit my personal address change. Can someone help? Are we talking Passport-associated email address here? Remove the Passport from the Money file (File|Password Manager or File|Login Lockbox), go to http://www.passport.net, login and change the settings on your Passport, go back to Money and re-associate the file with the new Passport address. "labeam" <labeam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1593DA84-15BC-4399-8322-544E053B2B69@microsoft.com... >I can not find any help in the program to edit my personal addr...