Offline Address Book not updating #2

Hello,

Our clients who used cached mode aren't getting an updated offline address
book.  We tried a rebuild but that didn't work- any suggestions.

We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 server.

0
boe_d (81)

"Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Our clients who used cached mode aren't getting an updated offline address
>book.  We tried a rebuild but that didn't work- any suggestions.
>
>We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 server.

Check the Applications Log on the OAB server and make sure the OAB is
being generated. There were changes introduced in SP2 that alter the
way the OAB generation deals with situations that would cause a
complete OAB generation in releases earlier thn E2K3 SP2.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

> "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Our clients who used cached mode aren't getting an updated offline address
>>book.  We tried a rebuild but that didn't work- any suggestions.
>>
>>We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 server.
>
> Check the Applications Log on the OAB server and make sure the OAB is
> being generated. There were changes introduced in SP2 that alter the
> way the OAB generation deals with situations that would cause a
> complete OAB generation in releases earlier thn E2K3 SP2.
>

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
boe_d (81)
3/3/2006 5:15:47 PM
"Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks - I'm not sure what you are saying in the end.  I'll check the logs
>today.

Read this:
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2005/11/18/494545.aspx

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

underscores in email addresses
I use Windows mail and my cousin's email address is notsaying_007@yahoo.com. Whenever I try to write him the email comes back saying it was undeliverable to notsaying 007.yahoo.com. (They put a blank where the underscore line was.) This is because the blue line falls on the blue line of the email address box and the two become one, and the address looks like it has a space where the underscore is. It is correct in the contacts folder . I am able to email him from the online account with my same carrier, but they gave me a long all-digit password I can never remember or find . I...

Data conversion #2
I have a simple multi-sheets workbook and I want to convert all its data to a database file or a single sheet. The file look like this: [Sheet 1] start at cell A1 Account Amount 01-0011 300 01-0012 2000 01-0013 50200 .... 01-0188 3900 [Sheet 2] start at cell A1 Account Amount 02-0011 1000 02-0012 4000 02-0013 8200 .... 02-0188 1200 I have a total of 160 sheets of the same format. Is there an easy way to convert to a single sheet as shown? Account Amount 01-0011 300 01-0012 2000 01-0013 50200 .... 01-0188 3900 02-0011 1000 02-0012 4000 02-001...

Macro location #2
Hello everyone, In order to allow a macro to be actionable throughout a workbook (from every sheet). Where is the best place to store the code? In Modules, Sheets or some other common area like ThisWorkbook? Thanks in anticipation. John N. Yorks UK Most macros will be placed in general modules. They will be accessable whatever is the active worksheet, provided you do not define them as "Private" subs. For very specific reasons you may want to put some macros in specific class modules, such as the ThisWorkbook or behind particular sheets, but you would generally have a sp...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

Kit And Back Order #2
I am in a situation where I have a kit item on a Sales Order for a quantity of 20. I will only ship complete kits out. My inventory levels will only allow me to ship 10 kits right know. GP will let me do all 20 or none right know. It would be ideal to get 10 to invoice and 10 to go into the back order field. I am looking for away to make this work. I have reviewed the MBS Professional Tool for Partial Kit Transfers but that fell well short of what is being asked. Modules that are in the installation that might come in are SOP,Inventory, and Manufacturing. I looked at Quick Mo's in ...

CRM mail issues #2
A CRM client has been having a sporadic issue with sending emails from CRM. Every so often they will receive a message that an email has bounced. Usually it pertains to relaying was denied. Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [70.89.46.173] They also seem to be having the same issues when sending emails from CRM that they go directly to the recipients SPAM folder in outlook. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, -Rick M. ...

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

printing checks #2
Cannot print personal blank checks. Using ms money 2001. Keep getting error msg "no accnts with checks to be printed". Have tried to use salvage utilty but can't get it to work. Help! This is driving me crazy! Thx,Nessa See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91. "nessa" <gabblam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0b6101c38461$a60d27c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot print personal blank checks. Using ms money 2001. > Keep getting error msg "no accnts with checks to be > printed". Have tried to use salvage utilty but can't get > it to work....

Weird address book thing ...
My wife changed her email address, and I dumped her old one from every address book I can find, and from my contacts list ... also from the OE address book. Every time I type in her first name, her old email address pops up. Where in blazes would this be ????? I cannot find it anywhere. Its like there is a temp file somewhere or a buffer that contains that old email address. Dumb question I know, but its really got me curious. Thanks ... John It's in a cache. When the list pops-up highlight the address with your arrow keys and press DELETE. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outloo...

Add to current table when updating CSV-linked table
I have two tables that are linked tables from two CSV files. These two tables get merged into one via a union query, a few fields are added and eventually a main table of all the records is created with an auto- numbered primary key. The data from the two CSV files comes in daily and I would like to add the data from each day to the end of the main table with the primary key when I update rather than have all the records replaced. Ideally the new records would be added to the end so that the auto-number can still sort it all uniquely. How could I do this? Regards, Tom by using a insert que...

Booking Resources using Outlook and OWA
Hi We're a new Exchange/Outlook shop, and I am having a little trouble setting up our shared resources to be able to be booked (scheduled) by users. I have read a lot of documentation on the Web, including the very helpful info at slipstick.com: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.htm Following the instructions outlined on this website, I setup the resources as users in Active Directory, and assigned Author permissions on the calendar to users who need to schedule the resource. For Direct Booking to work properly, all the documentation strongly emphasizes that the user MUST ...

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

European Address Data
Hi and thanks in advance for any help. I have 700,000 European Companies in a csv file. Unfortunately the COUNTRY is separate but all other information (street, zip/postal, city, region/state) is in one ADDRESS column. I would like to be able to "find and copy/move" info to separate street/city/zip columns as best as possible For example for French or German addresses the zip code is five digits so I want to search the the ability to move '#####' ("five number characters in a row")strings to a ZIP column Ideally this would also allow the ability to also tak...

Advanced Budget #2
All, I cannot switch back to advanced budget. I have spent MANY hours setting up my accounts (new file) again following a debt reduction planner failure which I could not recover from. This is another story! As a result, I decided to start using the advanced budget with my newly organized and fresh file! I entered all the data and then chose to save the budget and revert to the essential budget. I decided it didn't quite have the detail I wanted so I went to switch back and it just won't do it. I have tried all the usual remedies 1) Repair money file. No broken records 2...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

Outlook Live #2
I have a hotmail plus account (not msn) and I recently signed up for Outlook Live however is won't let me download the software, it give me this meesage No membership found You must sign up before you can install these features. To sign up or for more information, go to http://join.msn.com. Message 10002 Thanks. begin 666 trans1p.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end Angelo Gioia <angelo_gioia@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a hotmail plus account (not msn) and I recently signed up for > ...

exchange 2003 sp1 to sp2 #2
Hi All: I'm getting ready to upgrade our existing 2003 Exchange Server (SP1) to SP2. This is running on a Windows 2000 SP4 Server box. Is this service pack a pretty straighforward installation? Is it fast to run? Do I need to stop any services before running it or stop the Exchange server somehow? We have a relatively small network, 130 users. There are no mobile device, like Blackberries, that we use with the Exchange server and no Outlook Web Access (yet). So, its just a very simple setup. We just have Outlook 2003 desktop clients and not much else other than calendars. Should...

Using Blackberry to update CRM
I'm almost positive that this will work, but I'd like someone out there to confirm it. If a user has a Blackberry that connects to Exchange using BlackBerry's server integration software, and that user edits a record that syncs to Exchange, will that change be reflected in CRM 3, assuming that the record is tagged for tracking in CRM? I can't see why it wouldn't work, but I want to make sure. Thanks for any feedback! -Eric. Sorry this will not work. YOu might want to check out tendigits.com for a full blackberry integration to CRM ==============================...

PST PAssword Recovery #2
Dear All , How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. Kishore Dear Kishore have a look on this sites: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.asp http://www.lostpassword.com/outlook.htm http://www.mapilab.com/office/password_recovery/ Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Notebooks: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Brinesh Kishore" <bbk.news@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uNOCy5odHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.p...

Missing Transactions #2
Hi, When I update my transactions after downloading from the web site some of the old transactions start missing. I have to check and update the acount register to get the balance same. Why is it happening like this? Once downloaded should I reconcile so that they would not miss or how should I do? -- Chanikya ...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Earnings History getting updated during pay code maint.
Hi... We are on Great Plains 7.5 on SQL. We use GP purely for Payroll purpose, and we never installed or used the HR module available with it. We have a customized software named TCB which keeps track of employee information including pay code change. TCB has a database of its own. TCB for a small portion, talks to Great Plains database in a sense, if a pay code change is done in TCB it will reflect the changes in Great Plains database as well. Lately, we installed and started using the HR module of Great Plains, but we also use TCB as it is much more customized for our company. The i...

Can I transfer details from windows address book to outlook 2007?
Does anyone know how I can transfer addresses from windows address book on X P Home to Outlook 2007? Outlook>Import>addressess "Newdover" <Newdover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:687A63FA-95C9-43E8-81F8-862709DD959D@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how I can transfer addresses from windows address book on > X > P Home to Outlook 2007? Newdover <Newdover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how I can transfer addresses from windows address > book on X P Home to Outlook 2007? In Outlook, click File>Impo...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...