Offline Addrebss Book Enabled?

I am finishing up the conversion from Ex 2003 to Ex 2007.  In working through
the check list I found the Organization Configuration, Mailbox, Default
Offline Address List, Distribution Tab - the "Enable Web-based distribution"
area was grayed out so I cannot select the checkbox to enable this.  Did I
miss something in the setup?   What did I do wrong and how do I correct the
error?

--
NC Beach Bum

Run:

Get-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address List" | fl

and review the settings.  In particular, verify that you're generating it on
the Exchange 2007 server.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"NC Beach Bum" <NCBeachBum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am finishing up the conversion from Ex 2003 to Ex 2007.  In working
>through
> the check list I found the Organization Configuration, Mailbox, Default
> Offline Address List, Distribution Tab - the "Enable Web-based
> distribution"
> area was grayed out so I cannot select the checkbox to enable this.  Did I
> miss something in the setup?   What did I do wrong and how do I correct
> the
> error?
>
> --
> NC Beach Bum

0
Ed

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

Booking Resources using Outlook and OWA
Hi We're a new Exchange/Outlook shop, and I am having a little trouble setting up our shared resources to be able to be booked (scheduled) by users. I have read a lot of documentation on the Web, including the very helpful info at slipstick.com: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.htm Following the instructions outlined on this website, I setup the resources as users in Active Directory, and assigned Author permissions on the calendar to users who need to schedule the resource. For Direct Booking to work properly, all the documentation strongly emphasizes that the user MUST ...

Weird address book thing ...
My wife changed her email address, and I dumped her old one from every address book I can find, and from my contacts list ... also from the OE address book. Every time I type in her first name, her old email address pops up. Where in blazes would this be ????? I cannot find it anywhere. Its like there is a temp file somewhere or a buffer that contains that old email address. Dumb question I know, but its really got me curious. Thanks ... John It's in a cache. When the list pops-up highlight the address with your arrow keys and press DELETE. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outloo...

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

Looking for book on Exchange 2010
We currently have an Exchange 2007 environment with about 5000 users. We're looking at migrating to Exchange 2010, probably in the next couple of months. I am looking for recommendations for a book on Exchange 2010. Some of our main areas are in data redundancy and migration from 2007. The Jim McBee and David Elfassy book, Mastering Exchange Server 2010 was the one I was looking for first (we've used the "Mastering.." series in the past), but it looks like it's not going to be released until April. I came across the "Exchange 2010 Unleashed"...

Can I transfer details from windows address book to outlook 2007?
Does anyone know how I can transfer addresses from windows address book on X P Home to Outlook 2007? Outlook>Import>addressess "Newdover" <Newdover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:687A63FA-95C9-43E8-81F8-862709DD959D@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how I can transfer addresses from windows address book on > X > P Home to Outlook 2007? Newdover <Newdover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how I can transfer addresses from windows address > book on X P Home to Outlook 2007? In Outlook, click File>Impo...

How can i enable the "Chinese Translation" in Ribbon?
Dear all I would like to know how can to recall the "Chinese Translation" tabs under "Review" for MS PPT 2007? I got such function in MS PPT 2003 and found it was really useful but i could not find this function anymore in 2007. I searched the help and it suggested me to use the "Translate" function under "Proofing" tabs. I accept this as a solution before but yesterday my friend shows me he got the "Chinese Translation" tabs under "Review" that can translate the document within 5 second that was the same speed in PP...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...

Offline reports
Reports are only available when users are online. Is there anyway to create a custom report to use the offline store. Better yet - is there a way to have the report go to the offline store when disconnected and use the server database when connected. Would be nice if all reports worked this way... Agreed, that would be nice. Great suggestion for next version. Since v3.0's reporting engine is SRS, maybe a SRS limitation for offline/MSDE support?? I guess we can leverage the dynamic excel and word merge/link as a "creative" work-around. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www....

NK2 Autocomplete File: Online vs. Offline?
I am experiencing an odd problem with the NK2 file and the retention of addresses within. Before I get to the actual problem, I will share what I know. This file's function is to retain addresses for auto-completing purposes when sending a new email message. FACTS: - addresses are stored once an email has been sent to a user, as opposed to pulling directly from the address book. - the file can retain up to 1000 addresses PROBLEM: From time to time, the size of the NK2 file reverts back to zero and loses all the data within it. From what I can tell, in regards to the 100+ users in my...

Big Mystery
A friend has Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express on computer with Windows ME. She just noticed that there were 8 entries in her address book that she did not put in. All that was there was an email address and the same email address for the name - 8 different entries. Anyone experience something like that? How could that happen? Thanks in advance for any help. Does she use Outlook or Outlook Express for her email? If she uses Outlook, See Help, About in outlook- does it say internet mode or corporate/workgroup? Is this someone she replied to? There is a feature in Internet mode and ...

address book/contact
How to add contacts when I am using Outlook Web Access? ...

Setting up an appointments book?
Hi, I'm wanting to set-up an appointments book for my business. This book is to record appointments made to make a call to peoples houses. I have several phone operators who will need access to this appointments book (currently we have to print off 3 copies of an excel spread sheet that must be printed out daily, the problem is we sometimes have conflicting appointments). Is it possible to set-up a multi user envioment where I can have several users all input data to the same appointments book (calander in outlook) and see when other users have inputed an appointment (so as not to...

Exchange 2003 Offline Adressbuch
hallo, ich habe probleme mit dem offlineadressbuch. wir haben mehrere adresslisten im einsatz. user haben halt nur auf eine bestimmte adressliste rechte. das funktioniert auch alles. wenn ich jetzt eine offlineadressliste erstelle und dort die adressliste des benutzer hinterlege funktioniert das nicht. es wird immer die globale (also die komplette) adressliste angezeigt. der benutzer bekommt somit viel mehr zu sehen als er eigentlich darf!!! gibt es da m�glichkeiten das einzuschr�nken? umgebung: exchange 2003 - outlook2000/xp/03 irgendwelche ideen? danke michael ...

Offline setting in Outlook 2002
Running a laptop with Windows XP SP1 & Outlook 2002. Outlook is configured as a MAPI client (for use w/ Exchange 2000 server). User also has an .ost file configured locally on the laptop. The laptop is often connected to the corporate network via VPN using a Cisco VPN client. From time to time, while connected via VPN, Outlook goes into Offline mode. Restarting Outlook does not result in the program coming out of Offline status. I've found that the only way to resolve this issue is for the user to log off/on again and restart Outlook. At present, I've configured Outloo...

delayed delivery options and offline server = mass email send
on Friday, user scheduled email in Outlook to delay send until Saturday afternoon. equipment failure caused exchange 2003 on SBS server to lose internet access from Saturday morning until Sunday morning. Local network connection was not broken, ie: Outlook clients stayed connected to Exchange server during downtime. During downtime, Exchange was sending thousands of delivery status notification 'delay' messages to Outlook client regarding previously scheduled email that it is now trying to send. Upon reconnection of internet access, thousands of copies of the scheduled email were s...

Mail Enabled Public does not receive internet mail.
I have two servers in my native Exchange 2003 organization, a mailbox server and a bridgehead server that has the front-end option selected (for some strange reason). The mailbox server also has a public folder store where public folders reside. I've mail-enabled a few of my public folders and granted the contibutor role to 'Anonymous' and 'Default'. Mail is received from internal users but the problem is that I cannot receive internet mail from external users. When I view the tracking message center on the Bridgehead server I notice the message sits in the queue and...

Error when going offline 08-08-07
One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when 'Initialization of database' starts the Outlook closes and the process is stopped. This happens every time. Is there anyone that has a solution for this ? -- Regards Tvaia On 8 Sie, 11:18, Tvaia <Tv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. > After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when > 'Init...

OFFLINE
I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE OFFLINE DATABASE IN THE BACKOFICE EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS GREAT BUT IN BACK OFFICE IT SAYS ERROR 2147217843 SQL STATE 42000 NATIVE ERROR 18456 Is the backoffice the database server at that location? If so, you don't need the offline database on that machine; or if its not licensed for POS, you don't need the offline database either. If this doesn't apply, make sure that when you connect you change the server to point to "local"....hope this helps "WPALMER72" wrote: > I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE OFFLINE DATABASE IN THE BACKOFICE EVE...

Importing address books into WLM
I have a new computer - I installed Windows Live Mail as my email client and also "imported" my Old Outlook Express address book But the contacts show up in Windows Contacts - NOT in Windows Live Mail How do I get them to appear there ?? TIA JM Have you signed in with a Live ID? "Jimbo" <jjmatt@davtv.com> wrote in message news:eWnw5acgKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I have a new computer - I installed Windows Live Mail as my email client > and also "imported" my Old Outlook Express address book > > But the contac...

offline
two question 1.how can i import offline folders *.ost?if i can at all? 2.if i work in exchang and now i want to use pop3 i whats the diffrent between append internet email or to go to tools---options-----mail service----reconfigure and then chose the first option. thx 1 - Try exporting it to a PST on a machine that can still access the data in the OST. You can then try importing the data from that PST file 2 - Not sure what your question is here. What version of Outlook are you using? Sounds like possibly 98 or 2000. If so, take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode...