Offline Addrebss Book Enabled?

I am finishing up the conversion from Ex 2003 to Ex 2007.  In working through
the check list I found the Organization Configuration, Mailbox, Default
Offline Address List, Distribution Tab - the "Enable Web-based distribution"
area was grayed out so I cannot select the checkbox to enable this.  Did I
miss something in the setup?   What did I do wrong and how do I correct the
error?

--
NC Beach Bum

Run:

Get-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address List" | fl

and review the settings.  In particular, verify that you're generating it on
the Exchange 2007 server.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"NC Beach Bum" <NCBeachBum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am finishing up the conversion from Ex 2003 to Ex 2007.  In working
>through
> the check list I found the Organization Configuration, Mailbox, Default
> Offline Address List, Distribution Tab - the "Enable Web-based
> distribution"
> area was grayed out so I cannot select the checkbox to enable this.  Did I
> miss something in the setup?   What did I do wrong and how do I correct
> the
> error?
>
> --
> NC Beach Bum

0
Ed

Outlook 2002 Direct Booking
Any idea why the direct booking feature is not allowing updates to previously booked meetings? Nope, not a clue. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Doris Elaine Martin <doris.martin@cna.com> asked: | Any idea why the direct booking feature is not allowing | updates to previously booked meetings? ...

The name could not be resolved. The Microsoft Exchange address book was unable t
I have a SBS 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 setup. We transferred over about 25 users and they are all able to use Exchange with Outlook. I have entered the first new user since the migration from Exchange 5.5 and I am unable to connect an Outlook client to the new user from a client computer. I can connect to another existing user with the Outlook client. I used the new user wizard to create this. I can go into Outlook WebMail and hook up with that new user. This is the error I get with the new user. The name could not be resolved. The Microsoft Exchange address book was u...

address book #16
I am running office XP (2002) and in outlook I have my contacts the problem is when I go to the address book there is nothing there at all (checked Outlook Address book and contacts from the Show names ). If select "Contacts" from the Show names from I get a box come up saying "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with the address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have the permissions." I wondered if anyone knows how I could sort out this minor problem out. NIK -- Remove nospam for personal reply...

I need to enable journaling on my Exchange 2007 server
I need to enable journaling on my Exchange 2007 server. I have not done this before. I found the following and it is good information but I still had a few questions: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2006/12/journaling/default.aspx It seems that this journal mailbox could really grow. What have some of you found is the best way to manage this mailbox? Any other information or suggested added processes or concerns I should know about? Thanks! On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:36:01 -0700, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to enable journ...

Enable/Disable NIC most portable way.
Hello. How do I enable (disable) NIC on windows via api. I need to use most portable accross any versions of windows code. Thank you. > How do I enable (disable) NIC on windows via api. I need to use most=20 > portable accross any versions of windows code. SetupDiCallClassInstaller with the proper DIF_xxx code. Disables any device, NIC too. More so, the Network control panel UI uses = the same stuff to disable the NIC as the Device Manager - i.e. = SetupDiCallClassInstaller (probably mediated by INetCfg stuff). See the DEVCON sample. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih W...

Email-enabled public folder problem-post Exchange 2003 migration
We have migrated users/public folders from Exchange 2000 SP3 to a newly introduced Exchange 2003 server. It seems like it is has gone relatively smoothly, but we are experiencing some public folders issues. If we add a new public folder to the public folder tree, users can send mail to it without issue. However, when mail is sent to any of the migrated public folders mail is not delivered. If it go into ESM and double-lick on the folder in question it says: "Mail proxy for the folder cannot be found...mail enabled pages wil not be shown." When I disable mail, then re-enable...

Incorrect address book showing in Delegates window
I've got a user who is trying to add a delegate in Outlook 2003, but when she opens the Delegates->Add window, the address list she's showing is "All Local Groups." I've made sure that in her Outlook address book properties, "Global Address List" is set in the "Show this address list first" drop-down, and that the only two lists that Outlook is supposed to check against are "Global Address List," All Users" and "All Groups." Yet still, the Delegates window still only shows "All Local Groups." Has anyone ever see...

How long does going offline take?
We're testing going offline on a P4 machine, 384MB RAM, 100MBit network connection. After about 20 minutes we get this message: The process is running and is waiting for a response from one of the backend connections. We've waiting probably 15 minutes so far (I know, patience is a virtue) and we've gotten 50MB in the mscrm_msde SQL file so far but only a few other files have updated before this one. I will say that we've never had a successful offline replication because we have an insanely large amount of data (don't know numbers off the top, but I do know it'...

Exchange 2003 database offline defragmentation
My Exchange 2003 database is already over 16GB, and must do the offlin defragment as soon as possible. Just search the info from Microsoft but don't have much detail on this. So please help. Thanks. 1. Do I need to stop the 'MS Exchange Information Store', 'MS Exchang Management', 'MS Exchange MTA Stacks', and 'MS Exchange Syste Attendant' services before I dismount the mailbox store? 2. Is this command correct to run the defragmentation utility on th mailbox store database with a backup? The command is: eseutil /d c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb /...

Enable Remote access for CRM
Hi, My organisation wants to enable access to CRM from outside. Somebody know how we do that?? Thanks for reply Are you using 4.0 or 3.0? If its 4.0 try this @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948779 Check the Implementation Guides for IFD, Internet Facing Deployment as well. Thanks you I will try!!! "Sixty4" wrote: > Are you using 4.0 or 3.0? If its 4.0 try this @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948779 > > Check the Implementation Guides for IFD, Internet Facing Deployment as > well. > > ...

Offline error 05-05-04
Hello, We've got the following error when we want to go offline: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted The problem is only on 1 laptop. The others work fine. I've tried to reinstall CRM Sales for Outlook, but it didn't resolved the problem. It's not a DNS issue becasue i can log in the webinterface. The laptop is part of the domain. Did anyone have a solution? Hi There!!!! Jerry Warden-Smith got an answer that might work. He is on page two at the bottom Good Luck jan >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >We've got the fol...

Outlook randomly goes offline
Using cached exchange mode, random users, at random times will complai about not being able to send or receive emails. Sure enough, eac time, outlook is working "offline" and is disconnected from the server A simple uncheck of the "work offline" option in the File menu or a the lower right hand corner of outlook corrects the problem. The reconnect to the server and all emails start to send out and come in. Random users, random times of the day. Any suggestions? Can the "work offline" option be disabled? ...and do understand that the cached exchange mode is l...

address book ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C46FF2.C621D010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Why do some of my names show up with the first name , first and some = show up with the last name first. It gets them for my contacts and all of them are last name first which = is what I want. When you try to send a e-mail you have to look for names. =20 When I check the properties for the ones that have the first name first = they are setup the same as the ones that have the last name first. it get a...

Moving email and address book to new drive
I had a 320GB drive failure and installed a new 500 GB and formatted and completely reloaded all my software on the clean disk. I installed the 320GB drive as my 2nd (D:) drive and can access most of my business files but I cannot get my old emails and address book from my old drive. Is there a file I can rename in my new drive (i.e. a made up example of OULTOOKLIB to OUTLOOKLIBNEW or OUTLOOKEMAILS to OUTLOOKEMAILSNEW) and copy and paste the original files from the old drive to the new? I would rename the files on the new drive just in case something went wrong. It would all...

Address book #62
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C592E2.DDBA3780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Can I set my Outlook address book as default so if I use Outlook Express = and the contact is added via OE, it will just update one address being = the address book in Outlook itself. At the moment I have 2 address = books, being WAB and PST, and I would like to manage just one address = book. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Julia ------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C592E2.DDBA3780 Content-Type...

Address Book 6.00... missing contacts
Hi, In an attempt to fix a slow booting profile, I changed my users name and copied all his Documents and Settings folders. Everything is running fine except that now his Address Book doesn't contain any of his contacts. Can anyone tell me where to look for that data? To my knowledge, I have not deleted any files so it should still be somewhere. A search for *.wab returns nothing. Thanks for any advice! b This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: ...

Copy Outlook Address Book
I am trying to copy my Outlook Address Book (Contacts Folder)from my computer at work to my computer at home. What is the file name (extension) of the Outlook Address Book? I have Outlook 2000 on my computer at home, and I believe I have Outlook 2002 on the computer at work. "mary" <mary@wcecivil.com> schreef in bericht news:0dd101c3aa59$37dbd170$a001280a@phx.gbl... | I am trying to copy my Outlook Address Book (Contacts | Folder)from my computer at work to my computer at home. | What is the file name (extension) of the Outlook Address | Book? I have Outlook 2000 on my...

Exchange 5,5 hosted mailboxes cannot be moved if hidden from the address book
Hi all, I have found that when I try to move a mailbox from an exchange 5.5 server using either the AD Users and Computers snapin or the Exchange system manager then it fails IF the mailbox is hidden from the address book. This only happens when the original server is an ex 5.5 box - all works ok if just moving mailboxes between 2003 servers. Anyone experienced the same and found a solution? Thanks, Chris. ...

How do I configure the MS-Outlook to send messages offline ?
How do I configure the MS-Outlook to send messages offline ? "rakeshalhan" <rakeshalhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B766C28-AA8E-469B-9061-6BE5A05E2BAA@microsoft.com... > How do I configure the MS-Outlook to send messages offline ? Tools-Send/Receive Settings-Define Send/Receive Groups and check the boxes under When Outlook is Offline ...

John O'Donnell: Regarding to SFO Offline issue
Sorry I cannot reply my latest message regarding to SFO offline issue. My Case is i can offline and download CRM data to my MSDE successfully, but i cannot list out any object. On the other hand, i can create Lead, Opp... So strange case..... Anyway, Thanks for your previous reply. if you click on the accounts when offline what message do you get? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "new guy in MSCRM" <fsfli@hellokitty.com> wrote in message news:3388ad66.0412201933.26fa0abe@posting.google.com.....

Entourage Address Book 01-16-10

Importing Netscape 7.0 Address book into Outlook 2000
I'm trying to convert from Netscape 7.0 Messenger to Outlook 2000. How do I import the Messenger addressbook? Thanks for your help -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

How do I print a half page sized book w/2 pgs/letter-sized paper?
I'm trying to format and print a 5.5"w x 8.5"h cookbook. I want to print landscape on letter-sized paper with 2 cookbook pages per letter-sized paper. I tried "booklet" format but that won't work for a 150 page cookbook. Why won't booklet work for 150 pages? Try 148 pages or 152 pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DeborahV" <DeborahV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14D75D9E-4821-4C37-BA7E-0606802709BE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to forma...

backing up address book in outlook express
I can print,export but cannot back up this very important file. Can someone please HELP? John ...

Conference Room Booking
I am looking for a procedure to Book Conference rooms with Exchange/Outlook. I am using Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 and Outlook 2003. I found an article about using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000, but I am looking for something more recent. All help is appreciated. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D0884E6-C603-491D-BF57-ACF03E046BFE&displaylang=en Please download and read the deployment and administration guide prior to implementing it. The auto accept agent allows you to configure a user/mailbox as a resource (i.e. conference room) that people can book...