OAL Generator warning - Event ID 9327

We have Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1, we are getting the following warning in
our application log:

Source:  MSExchangeSA
Event ID:  9327
'\Global Address List'.  To see which entries are affected, event logging for
the OAL Generator must be set to at least medium.
- Default Offline Address List

I am looking for some information on this event.
0
sabo_e (163)

Hi Eric,

Have you increased diagnostic logging on the OAL generator? If so is there
anything in there?

Have a look at this MS KB article, about troubleshooting the Offline Address
Book List. It is written for Exchange 2000 but the method is still valid for
Exchange 2003:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311742

Regards
--
Ben Hoffman
MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)

"Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> We have Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1, we are getting the following warning
> in
> our application log:
>
> Source:  MSExchangeSA
> Event ID:  9327
> '\Global Address List'.  To see which entries are affected, event logging
> for
> the OAL Generator must be set to at least medium.
> - Default Offline Address List
>
> I am looking for some information on this event.

0
ben.hoffman (411)
5/16/2005 1:16:10 PM
Ben,
   Thanks.   I just increased the diagnostic logging this morning.    I will
see tomorrow what I get from doing that.

"Ben Hoffman" wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Have you increased diagnostic logging on the OAL generator? If so is there
> anything in there?
>

> Have a look at this MS KB article, about troubleshooting the Offline Address
> Book List. It is written for Exchange 2000 but the method is still valid for
> Exchange 2003:
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311742
>

> Regards
> --
> Ben Hoffman
> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
> http://www.exchangeis.com
>
> "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> > We have Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1, we are getting the following warning
> > in
> > our application log:
> >
> > Source:  MSExchangeSA
> > Event ID:  9327
> > '\Global Address List'.  To see which entries are affected, event logging
> > for
> > the OAL Generator must be set to at least medium.
> > - Default Offline Address List
> >
> > I am looking for some information on this event.

0
sabo_e (163)
5/16/2005 2:03:38 PM
Ben,
     That worked.    Thanks a lot for the information.

"Ben Hoffman" wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Have you increased diagnostic logging on the OAL generator? If so is there
> anything in there?
>

> Have a look at this MS KB article, about troubleshooting the Offline Address
> Book List. It is written for Exchange 2000 but the method is still valid for
> Exchange 2003:
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311742
>

> Regards
> --
> Ben Hoffman
> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
> http://www.exchangeis.com
>
> "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> > We have Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1, we are getting the following warning
> > in
> > our application log:
> >
> > Source:  MSExchangeSA
> > Event ID:  9327
> > '\Global Address List'.  To see which entries are affected, event logging
> > for
> > the OAL Generator must be set to at least medium.
> > - Default Offline Address List
> >
> > I am looking for some information on this event.

0
sabo_e (163)

Macro warning box opens twice
I'm running Excel 97 on a new p4 machine running XP SP1 Home edition. Just recently my workbooks that contain my macros have been "double pumping" the "the workbook you are opening contains macros" warning box. It appears when you first open the file from the desktop without Excel being open. The "MS Excel 97" product ID shows on a blank gray screen like normal, I select "Enable Macros" and there is a blink, then I get another macro warning box. I click "Enable Macros" and the workbook opens as usual. It does not occur if Excel is already o...

Auto generate a label/number
I would like to track orders and have it assign a new, consecutive order number to each new record. Example we have order MCO25, the next new record I would like to have it auto generate MCO26 hi, RA wrote: > I would like to track orders and have it assign a new, consecutive order > number to each new record. Example we have order MCO25, the next new record > I would like to have it auto generate MCO26 The 1000th order would be MCO1000? Try this: Public Funtion NextOrderNo() As String Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL =...

Storage Limit Warning Messages Are Not in the Client Language
Hello we use several Exchange servers in a large organisation. All of them are installed in english. One of the servers creates Storage Limit Warning Messages sometimes in english and sometimes in german. I know that the last client is responsible for the language. But which client connects at night, when the system creates the messages? I compared the Exchange servervs and found some different things. An http client is still in connection to the large mailbox, the windows account is "NT Authority\system" and it has the localeID 1031. Further the "systemmailbox{xxx} is ac...

setting time in oal
Hi all, How to set system time with RTC? 1. In the oal layer i am reading the RTC values and I want to update this value with the system time, some API like setsystime cannot be compiled. Please suggest how to update the system time from oal. 2. Which oal function will be called if the user sets time in system tray? Thanks in advance. OEMSetRealTime() and OEMGetRealTime() Applications that need the time will call GetSystemTime() or GetLocalTime() which will call OEMGetRealTime() SetSystemTime() will call OEMSetRealTime() -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce....

Getting the auto generated number.
Hi All, I'm inserting a record into a table and have one field using the auto number. I need to get this number so I can email it. I'm using the code below to do this and it works fine. I just wanted to see if there is a better way of doing this. Thanks for the input! vSQL = "SELECT audit_history.audit_id " & _ "FROM audit_history " & _ "where Associate_id = '" & [txAssociate_id] & "'" Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(vSQL) rs.MoveLast vSQL = rs!audit_id W...

Pub-generated web pages
I see that Publisher generates web pages that are basically a collection of image files. Seems pretty lame. I also find that Front Page has a hard time taking these pages straight in. Rather FP wants to import them, which I find strange. Of course having your web pages become images makes it difficult to edit later. Am I seeing this right--that the pages are not a mix of tables, text, and images in HMTL--and that they are image files feed each page? Any way to get a good clean web page out of Publisher? Matt ps: Publisher 2000 Go here: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publis...

Exchange System Manager, Error ID: c0072afc
I have just installed Windows 2003 SBS with Exchange. I've made some settings for the domain controller and active directory. Now I'm a bit stuck because of the following problem: Every time when I open the Exchange System Manager, expand Folder and click Publick Folders. I get a critical error with following information: ---- The requested name is valid, bu data of the requested type was found. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072afc Exchange System Manager ---- (end of the error message) I get the same error message when I try to check properties of the same folder (Public Folder). T...

Question for Ken Sheridan re conditional warning message
Ken - On March 2 you kindly gave me some advice re the code to use to produce a warning message box if certain conditions were met on opening a record. It worked beautifully on a simple little test mdb but now I'm trying to put it into our corporate database and it errors. I think it's something to do with the fact that the values that it checks against are coming from another table and I may not have got the syntax correct. I took note of your advice re combos and referenced tables but couldn't resolve it. It may be because my structure is a bit messy, as bits have been adde...

Big problem with OAL
Hi After I have installed SP1 on my Exchange server 2003 I get an error when it trays to generate the Offline address list I get at event error 9333 and 9335 I have tried to rebuild of the offline address books, and the problem persisted Can any one help me how to solve my problem? -Anders The 9333 OALGen encountered error 80004005 while opening the base offline address list public folder. Please make sure that a public folder replica exists. - /o=XXX/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List And The 9335 OALGen encountered error 8004010f while cleaning the offline addre...

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820 for several days
Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (my account name)account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later. Server Error: 0x80048820 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820 -- Lonewolf_8417 This is similar to what I get on every msn or hotmail or windows live I try to access. Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to sn136w.snt136.mail.live.com Suggestions: Go to live.­com Try reloading: sn136w.­snt136.­mail.­live.­...

Form warning
Hello, I have Office XP with SP-2. When I try to open a contact which has a special form that I designed, it gives this message first : This form contains an activex control which may be harm to open on this computer ...... and then askes yes or no, is there any way to disable this warning assuming it is always yes? thanx for any help I am having the same problem for a modified Calendar form. Did you get any replies on how to fix the problem? "M K W" wrote: > Hello, > I have Office XP with SP-2. > When I try to open a contact which has a special form that I designed, i...

Can't Generate Out-of-Office Response
Using SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002, when we set Outlook to generate an Out of Office response, none is generated. How can I rectify this? Thanks! Larry -- Larry Lentz, MCSE+Internet & W2K, MCDBA GoldMine Certified Professional Lentz Computer Services www.LentzComputer.Net Larry@LentzComputer.Net ...

Generate database?
Hi all, I have Visio 2003 Professional installed and I hasve created a database schema. How can I generate an Access database from it? -pnp purchase the vs.net product because you need the visio enterprise architect edition to forward engineer. al "pnp" <pnp.@.softlab.ntua.gr> wrote in message news:OnluFSp5EHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > I have Visio 2003 Professional installed and I hasve created a database > schema. How can I generate an Access database from it? > > -pnp Al Edlund wrote: > purchase the vs.net product because you need ...

Sql Code generation tools
Hi all, Are there any good Sql code generation tools out there in the market? If not can you please give me tips or sample code for creating one? I need to automate code generation for data integration. Here is what I repeatedly need to do... We have a table called CONTSUPP in our Sql Server database. All of our clients have the same database structure so they all have the CONTSUPP table. I need to create different kinds of views on this table for different clients. I also need to generate Instead of Triggers on these views. Then I need to write stored procedures to import data fro...

Change Employee ID in Canadian Payroll
I know that you can't change an Employee ID with the Canadian Payroll module once an employee has been set up, but obviously you can change it in the database, if you change it in all the right places. Has anyone ever tried this before, and if so, do you have a list of the tables that the employee ID must be changed in? Or better yet, does anyone have a SQL script that will change a Canadian Payroll employee ID in all the right places? iStevo, I guess you can handle this task by yourself, use DexLog or SQL Server profiler to trace all the commands GP perform when adding the employ...

How do I create a warning message on a command button
I am a newbie to anything above basic level in Excel. I know how to create and use Command Buttons, but I need to create a "Warning! Are You Sure" message when you click the button, with "Yes", "No", and "Cancel" options. The code is MsgBox "Warning! Are You Sure", vbYesNoCancel But you'll want it to be part of a conditional statement, for example If MsgBox("Warning! Are You Sure", vbYesNoCancel) =3D vbYes Then Exit Sub End If HTH On Jan 23, 4:13=A0am, lkreeder <lkree...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I a...

Generate a lognormal distribution
Hello, Does anyone know the steps to create a non-cumulative lognormal distribution in Excel? I just need the shape, i.e. the values are irrelevant. Please help and thanks in advance Adrian T Adrian T - Enter z values in column A, e.g., -4 through +4 in steps of 0.1 in cells A2:A82. Enter ln(z) in column B. E.g., in cell B2 enter =EXP(A2) and copy down to B82. Enter normal density f(z) in column C. E.g., in cell C2 enter =NORMDIST(A2,0,1,FALSE) and copy down to C82. Create an XY(Scatter) chart with ln(z) on the horizontal axis and normal density f(z) on the vertical axis. E.g., S...

NEW ID NUMBER
I've had to reinstall Publisher on my computer, but I've lost my ID number, so now I only have like 40 times to use Publisher! Help! brilletjies wrote: > I've had to reinstall Publisher on my computer, but I've > lost my ID number, so now I only have like 40 times to > use Publisher! > Help! Check the following link to get a new key: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Generating CAD dwgs from Access
Hello, Weak in AutoCad, zero experience w/ SQL, and a beginner with VB. I'm hoping to generate CAD drawings from Access using VB. Here's what I'm trying to achieve between Access (2003) & AutoCad (2008). 1. Open a "Loop Diagram" form in Access. Loop# filter is initialized as blank. 2. Select & filter 1 or more loop#s via the form. 3. Each loop# involves 1 or more records. Each record would have a tag, junction box#, template ID, cable#s, etc. 4. The form has both "Create Current Loop" and "Create All Loops" buttons. The former...

Digital ID #4
I received an email thru a list serv that I am unable to open or delete. I get the message "Your digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system". The email is not important to me - is there a way to delete it? ...

Changing Order Type ID in Sales Order Processing
Can the order type ID be changed in an existing sales order? We have some orders where we want to change the type ID to another one that has been setup. It has the exact same options selected as our current order type in use. We're running GP 9 SP 3. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks in advance. -Joe Can it be changed? Absolutely! But not through conventional methods. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "joejoe851@gmail.com" wrote: > Can the order type ID be changed in an existing ...

Problem with OAL 9175
Hi We got this problem when rebuilding the OAL. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: MAPI Session Event ID: 9175 Date: 2006-08-10 Time: 09:35:47 User: N/A Computer: BL-MAILPF Description: The MAPI call 'MAPILogonEx' failed with the following error: The MAPI call failed. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 Haven´t change anything in our exchange system. The problem just appear for a couple of days ago. Thanks for advice Adm Your system attendant is failing to log on with the system attendant profile. 'MAPI...

How can I generate a file dependent on linker output, which the linker then needs to generate the final dll using VS2005?
I need to process the map file that's generated by link on a C++ project, in order to generate the the .DEF file I really want to link with. Effectively, I want to make only some of the exports from my DLL available, and also I want to reference them by ordinal only. For those of you who have looked at how MFC works, will recognize this as being similar to the method in MFC80.def I can't really see any way to do this, as there doesn't seem to be any simple way to run the link command again with similar arguments to those generated automatically. However, I did come up wit...

Outlook profile generator
Hello: I just have a question regarding the Office PRF file. I want to have my users' Outlook profiles generated automatically whenever they log onto a PC for the first time. How do I set it up so that the PRF file only runs the first time that Outlook is opened by each user on the PC? I just need a high-level outline of the steps and I will research the rest myself. Thank you. -- Sincerely, Martin "MartinHTN" <m@ht.n> wrote in message news:esy8$f0wEHA.3808@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello: > > I just have a question regarding the Office PRF file. I wan...

Purchase Order Generate from Sales Order
Is it possible to generate the drop shippment purchase order from the sales order using the same document number as the sales order? Currently the system will simply assign the next purchase order number from the sequence. Example: Sales Order #: IM-0034003 (Drop Ship) --> Generate PO using Purchase function Purchase Order #: IM-0034003 (Drop Ship) This would really help our staff with reconciliation as well as streamline some of our financial processes. Any help would be appreciated. ...