OAB Help...

I'm getting the famous error :

8:11:15 Synchronizer Version 11.0.6352
8:11:15 Synchronizing Mailbox 'lastname, firstname'
8:11:15 Done
8:11:15 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
8:11:15 	0X8004010F

This error only happens when I'm using cached mode of course.  The problem
has just happened when I moved this users mailbox (mine) to a new exchange
server.

A Little Background info...

Running a Win2000AD and Exchange 2000AD.  Added a Exchange 2003 server (move
mailbox upgrade from 2000).  Followed the deployment steps for 2003 (forest
and domain prep) and installed 2003, installed SP2.  All seamed fine so I
moved 1 users.  The user can recieve and send with no problem and all folders
sync, but I get that error on the OAB.

Steps I have tried...

1. Created replicas of the system and public folders on the new ex2003 server
2. Deleted and recreated the users profile on multiple machines
3. Selected the default OAB to rebuild

The replicas show insync and folks that are still on the ex2000 server are
not having this problem.

Any help would be welcome

-Thx
AlbertP
0
Anatim (34)

- Recreate the user profile
If that does not resolve
- Create new OAB with a different name, set Store to use new OAB, if that
works delete old OAB
- Also check kba 867506
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"AlbertP" <Anatim@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting the famous error :
>
> 8:11:15 Synchronizer Version 11.0.6352
> 8:11:15 Synchronizing Mailbox 'lastname, firstname'
> 8:11:15 Done
> 8:11:15 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
> 8:11:15 0X8004010F
>
> This error only happens when I'm using cached mode of course.  The problem
> has just happened when I moved this users mailbox (mine) to a new exchange
> server.
>
> A Little Background info...
>
> Running a Win2000AD and Exchange 2000AD.  Added a Exchange 2003 server
> (move
> mailbox upgrade from 2000).  Followed the deployment steps for 2003
> (forest
> and domain prep) and installed 2003, installed SP2.  All seamed fine so I
> moved 1 users.  The user can recieve and send with no problem and all
> folders
> sync, but I get that error on the OAB.
>
> Steps I have tried...
>
> 1. Created replicas of the system and public folders on the new ex2003
> server
> 2. Deleted and recreated the users profile on multiple machines
> 3. Selected the default OAB to rebuild
>
> The replicas show insync and folks that are still on the ex2000 server are
> not having this problem.
>
> Any help would be welcome
>
> -Thx
> AlbertP

0
bharat3597 (1006)
11/17/2005 3:22:03 PM
thanks for the response Bharat.

Re-creating the Profile did not resolve the problem, I created a new OAB and
set it as the default but it still didn't work.  Do I need to wait a specific
amount of time after I make it default before it would work?

I was reading the KB article but had a question.  Method 2 mentions deleting
container objects.  Where do I delete these from and how?

Thanks
AlbertP

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> - Recreate the user profile
> If that does not resolve
> - Create new OAB with a different name, set Store to use new OAB, if that
> works delete old OAB
> - Also check kba 867506
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> -----------------------------------
>

> "AlbertP" <Anatim@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > I'm getting the famous error :
> >
> > 8:11:15 Synchronizer Version 11.0.6352
> > 8:11:15 Synchronizing Mailbox 'lastname, firstname'
> > 8:11:15 Done
> > 8:11:15 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
> > 8:11:15 0X8004010F
> >
> > This error only happens when I'm using cached mode of course.  The problem
> > has just happened when I moved this users mailbox (mine) to a new exchange
> > server.
> >
> > A Little Background info...
> >
> > Running a Win2000AD and Exchange 2000AD.  Added a Exchange 2003 server
> > (move
> > mailbox upgrade from 2000).  Followed the deployment steps for 2003
> > (forest
> > and domain prep) and installed 2003, installed SP2.  All seamed fine so I
> > moved 1 users.  The user can recieve and send with no problem and all
> > folders
> > sync, but I get that error on the OAB.
> >
> > Steps I have tried...
> >
> > 1. Created replicas of the system and public folders on the new ex2003
> > server
> > 2. Deleted and recreated the users profile on multiple machines
> > 3. Selected the default OAB to rebuild
> >
> > The replicas show insync and folks that are still on the ex2000 server are
> > not having this problem.
> >
> > Any help would be welcome
> >
> > -Thx
> > AlbertP

0
Anatim (34)
11/18/2005 4:26:40 PM
Just an update, I've waited for some time so I'm sure the OAB should have
been rebuilt by now.  So creating a new OAB didn't work.

any other suggestions?

"AlbertP" wrote:

> thanks for the response Bharat.
>
> Re-creating the Profile did not resolve the problem, I created a new OAB and
> set it as the default but it still didn't work.  Do I need to wait a specific
> amount of time after I make it default before it would work?
>
> I was reading the KB article but had a question.  Method 2 mentions deleting
> container objects.  Where do I delete these from and how?
>
> Thanks
> AlbertP
>
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
> > - Recreate the user profile
> > If that does not resolve
> > - Create new OAB with a different name, set Store to use new OAB, if that
> > works delete old OAB
> > - Also check kba 867506
> > --
> > Bharat Suneja
> > MCSE, MCT
> > www.zenprise.com
> > blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> > -----------------------------------
> >

> > "AlbertP" <Anatim@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm getting the famous error :
> > >
> > > 8:11:15 Synchronizer Version 11.0.6352
> > > 8:11:15 Synchronizing Mailbox 'lastname, firstname'
> > > 8:11:15 Done
> > > 8:11:15 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
> > > 8:11:15 0X8004010F
> > >
> > > This error only happens when I'm using cached mode of course.  The problem
> > > has just happened when I moved this users mailbox (mine) to a new exchange
> > > server.
> > >
> > > A Little Background info...
> > >
> > > Running a Win2000AD and Exchange 2000AD.  Added a Exchange 2003 server
> > > (move
> > > mailbox upgrade from 2000).  Followed the deployment steps for 2003
> > > (forest
> > > and domain prep) and installed 2003, installed SP2.  All seamed fine so I
> > > moved 1 users.  The user can recieve and send with no problem and all
> > > folders
> > > sync, but I get that error on the OAB.
> > >
> > > Steps I have tried...
> > >
> > > 1. Created replicas of the system and public folders on the new ex2003
> > > server
> > > 2. Deleted and recreated the users profile on multiple machines
> > > 3. Selected the default OAB to rebuild
> > >
> > > The replicas show insync and folks that are still on the ex2000 server are
> > > not having this problem.
> > >
> > > Any help would be welcome
> > >
> > > -Thx
> > > AlbertP

0
Anatim (34)
11/18/2005 4:55:11 PM
"AlbertP" <Anatim@gmail.com> wrote:

>Just an update, I've waited for some time so I'm sure the OAB should have
>been rebuilt by now.  So creating a new OAB didn't work.

Guessing about that isn't the right thing to do. :)

Set the "MSExchangeSA / OAL Generator" catergory of diagnostics
logging to "Maximum" on the server that's assigned to creat the OAL.
Then rebuild the OAL. Check the Applications Log for errors (or
success).

If the OAB is build sussessfully, you can remove the OAB files from
the client and try downloading the OAB again.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thx
AlbertP

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "AlbertP" <Anatim@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Just an update, I've waited for some time so I'm sure the OAB should have
> >been rebuilt by now.  So creating a new OAB didn't work.
>
> Guessing about that isn't the right thing to do. :)
>
> Set the "MSExchangeSA / OAL Generator" catergory of diagnostics
> logging to "Maximum" on the server that's assigned to creat the OAL.
> Then rebuild the OAL. Check the Applications Log for errors (or
> success).
>
> If the OAB is build sussessfully, you can remove the OAB files from
> the client and try downloading the OAB again.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Anatim (34)
11/18/2005 6:45:07 PM
"AlbertP" <Anatim@gmail.com> wrote:

>OK, I'mnot sure how I missed this, but the "default OAB" is not "In Sync".
>When I added the ex2003 server I used the command line tools to replicate the
>system folders and public folders.

What "command line tools? If it's the one I think it is, it doesn't
replicate anything it just updates the list of replicas. Replication
is still managed by the public folder store.

>How can I force sync?  I'm a little brain
>fried as I write this, lol

If you have multiple replicas, you should (in the right-hand pane) be
able to click the replicas in the "Status" tab and select "Synchronize
Content".

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

The Command line tool was PFmigrate from the exchange 2003 cd.

I deleted the replica and waiting for it to "go away".  I then recreated the
replica from the ex2000 console and waiting but it still does not sync.

I did log the OAL generation process and it gave me all successes.  It
showed the OAB v2 with 520 items, and the OAB (default) with o items, is that
normal?

Thanks for any help, Albert

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "AlbertP" <Anatim@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >OK, I'mnot sure how I missed this, but the "default OAB" is not "In Sync".
> >When I added the ex2003 server I used the command line tools to replicate the
> >system folders and public folders.
>
> What "command line tools? If it's the one I think it is, it doesn't
> replicate anything it just updates the list of replicas. Replication
> is still managed by the public folder store.
>
> >How can I force sync?  I'm a little brain
> >fried as I write this, lol
>
> If you have multiple replicas, you should (in the right-hand pane) be
> able to click the replicas in the "Status" tab and select "Synchronize
> Content".
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Anatim (34)
11/21/2005 4:02:04 PM
"AlbertP" <Anatim@gmail.com> wrote:

>I deleted the replica and waiting for it to "go away".  I then recreated the
>replica from the ex2000 console and waiting but it still does not sync.

Did you read this part of my reply?

>> If you have multiple replicas, you should (in the right-hand pane) be
>> able to click the replicas in the "Status" tab and select "Synchronize
>> Content".

Public folder replication can take a while to get started, sometimes
up to 48 hours after the public folder store is created.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I didn't have a "sync content" option within my 2000 or 2003 system manager
(unless I missed it of course).

After I deleted al traces of the replica the PFmigrate setup and they no
longer showed up in SM I recreated the replica on the default OAB.  This
still didn't work then I notied that the OAB version 2 didn't have a replica.
 I created a replica (I thought doing the replica at the root level would
replicate all under) and then rebuilt the OAB.  Now they still don't show in
Sync but they show changes and my OAB for my client on the ex2003 server
works.

Thanks for your help

AlbertP

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "AlbertP" <Anatim@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I deleted the replica and waiting for it to "go away".  I then recreated the
> >replica from the ex2000 console and waiting but it still does not sync.
>
> Did you read this part of my reply?
>
> >> If you have multiple replicas, you should (in the right-hand pane) be
> >> able to click the replicas in the "Status" tab and select "Synchronize
> >> Content".
>
> Public folder replication can take a while to get started, sometimes
> up to 48 hours after the public folder store is created.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Anatim (34)

OAB and error C1038a21
Windows 2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP1 Hi All, We are almost done our Exchange 5.5 migration to Exchange 2003. I just noticed that when we look at system folders, Offline Address Book and try to go into the properties of "/o=Organization name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List/ " we get the following error message... The Mail proxy for this folder can not be found. This may be due to replication delays. The mail enabled pages will not be shown. ID no: C1038a21 Exchange System Manager There are 2 sub folders called OAB version 2 and OAB version 3a. We get th...

OAB
Dear Sir, Can I add a contacts to the "Outlook Address Book"? or Just I can do with the "Contacts" -- Mahmoud Metwally Ali JAICORP Network Administrator Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mobjle No. : (2010) 5195169 There is no need to. The Outlook Address Book is simply a view of your Contacts. Contacts with electronic addresses appear in the Outlook Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mahmoud Metwally" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message news:%23Cn3HwgsFHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear Sir, > Can I add a contacts to...

Help! Want to send out large qty of e-mails
am not sure if I am in the right place. I have a small biz...am trying to send out large qty of e-mail to private mail list(my clients,not spam).Bell South told me, only 100 at a time...very frustrating.Then they said I needed a static IP address. Got that, now they tell me my mail won't go till I get a microsoft exchange server. I am really ignorant about all of this & would appreciate someone telling me if this is accurate & if so which version, since after looking at these few pages there are several versions available. Thank You for taking the time to read & hopefu...

If Statement Help
I'm trying to get this to work, and I'm wondering if an If statement is the most efficent way. Anyway. In one row, I have various numbers corresponding to weeks, week #1, week #2, week #3, etc. In a row right below that, I have a number corresponding to shipment quantity. City City 2 City 3 More Cities... Arrival Week 1 3 1 Shipment Quantity 500 400 300 I'd like to see how many total arrivals I'll have in a certain week. Week 1 should return 800 (500+300). Week 2 should return 400. Any h...

Help with printing PLEASE
Hello, I just got started in using money. I am using the 02 edition. I have inputted a money market account and a checking account. All of the transactions went in fine. However, when I print both are merged together and my balances are combined. I want to see two DIFFERENT printouts - one for my checking and one for my money market. I'm sure it is easy to do, but I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance for the help. Frank Frank, Are you printing from the account register screen, via File -> Print or from a Reports screen? If it's from the Reports screen, m...

I need help with macro
I have this macro right now ,when i type anything in cell C300 the tab does change colour this is what i want. Now i want to Type only QC in this cell so that the tab changes colour is this possible with modijying this macro Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, _ ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("C300")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub ActiveSheet.Tab.ColorIndex = 15 End Sub Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, _ ByVal Target As Range) Dim myRngToInspect As Rang...

OAB Synchronization
Hi, I'm trying to troubleshoot the Offline Address Book sync. When I try and do an address book download I'm getting: (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' And the sync log shows: 14:55:24 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 14:55:24 0X8004010F I forgot to rehome the Offline Address Book when I removed the first server from the Exchange site, so I know that was caused it. My concern now is recovering from this error. The OALGen is running properly: --- Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: OAL Generat...

NO Help!
Can't find server after your generalized instructions- am totally lost-why am I trying?????? Windows Mail cannot access http email accounts like Hotmail. To access Hotmail accounts, you have to use POP3. See http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 for SMTP (outgoing) With the newer Windows Live Mail, it's much easier. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "Pam McGlaughlin" wrote in message news:eU9bh4zMLHA.6100@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... Can't find server aft...

Urgent help: log issue
Hi all, windows 2003/exchange 2003 Sp2 Due to log space that is almost full, I use the eseutil /mk to check the checkpoint and moved some log files that are safe to move. Now, the log files are not trucated when we do a full backup. How should I fix this problem? Thank you. On Sat, 1 May 2010 06:41:01 -0700, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >windows 2003/exchange 2003 Sp2 > >Due to log space that is almost full, I use the eseutil /mk to check the >checkpoint and moved some log files that are safe to move. Now, the log ...

Formulae Help
Hi, I am trying to right a formulae for the following below: I think that I should be using the IF but can't seem to make it work. In my cell I will have a price of a part I want it to calculate the on cost price to the customer using the table below: <£5.00 = £5.00 <£10 +35% = >10 <50 +30% = >50 <100 +25% = >100 <150 +20% = >150 <200 +15% = Example: £5.00 = £6.75 £15.00 = £19.50 Hi KevL, With your criteria of >10 < 50 then > 50 <100. The question arises which group does 50 belong to...

Help manipulating data please
I used to know what I was doing with Access but I'm really rusty and can't find a way to solve this problem, so any help would be much aprreciated... I've simplified things for this posting, so let's say I've got 10 records and 5 fields (in practice there are a lot more but the principles will be the same). Each record represents one person's answers to five questions. The 'answer' in each of the five fields has a numeric value between -42 and +42. What I need to do is to find out how many people put their lowest answer for question 1, then how many peo...

help website
there are many help pages for OE, but I don't see many for outlook. does anyone know of a good "help" website for outlook that deals with beginners as well as more advanced? I am fairly new to outlook so some of the terms are hard on me and the help file is sometimes confusing to me. thanks all. -- Dave M Radeon 9800Pro 256mb P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- http://www.slipstick.com --� Milly Stapl...

POP3 account set up help!
Can anybody please provide me with the correct information? I am trying to set up Outlook so that I can receive my Hotmail email. What is the correct "incoming mail server (POP3)?" and what is the correct "outgoing mail server (SMTP)?" Help please! That isn't officially supported by Microsoft. You're unlikely to get an answer for that question. It's not hard to configure in Outlook Express (which comes with IE) though it is a little buggy. But to answer your question, the POP and SMTP servers are actually lengthy URLs that seem to change periodically. ...

Help with Money Plus Deluxe
I'm trying to use Money Plus Deluxe on a Dell Inspiron 350 running 32-bit Vista Home Premium. I keep getting the error message "Your current security settings do not allow that file to download." when I try to open my accounts list, bills, anything except for online pages. I can see the online Investment Center and I can see a list of my investment under My Portfolio, but I get the error message when I try to update any investment. I also get Alerts that I have bills due/overdue, but can't open anything to PAY them. It looks like the data is there, Money just won&#...

I need help!!!
OK, I have a Palm pilot that I bought for use with a Contact Manager program I have called Maximizer. As contact manager it works great, but the software for integrating the Palm with it "sucks" Outlook 2003 works great and it's tempting to use Outlook as a contact manager, but quite frankly Outlook it a "pig" on memory and resources and this in the only complaint I have. If not for this one problem everything would be great for me. After using Maximizer for 5 years for all notes letters, 1900 contacts, etc, my backup file was approx 12 - 13meg. After 2.5 month with 150...

OAB Public Folder
I want to speed up the creation of spesific Offline Address Books. Exchange system manager > First Administrative Groups > Folders > Public Folders > right click and view system folders > Offline address book > "name of OAB" OAB version2 OAB version 3a OAB version 4 Normaly the subfolders( version 2, 3a & 4) is created during maintenance interval of the store(true?) I am looking for a method to trigger the creation of these subfolders(version 2, 3a, &4) for a spesific OAB( "name of OAB) This is a hosting scenario with several companies on the same...

Help with sending emails
I just started with windows mail and I am having some trouble getting started. I put my email as a yahoo account and it is not allowing my email to actually go through....any help is appreciated. On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 21:07:00 -0500, "Kristina Maiorani" <krissy32984@yahoo.com> wrote: >I just started with windows mail and I am having some trouble getting >started. I put my email as a yahoo account and it is not allowing my email >to actually go through....any help is appreciated. You're asking in the wrong place, Kristina. The Microsoft webpage can...

Help out of memory
The problem is with office 2000 specifically outlook and with the outlook bar. On the out look bar there is a hyperlink called my shourtcuts. When I click on it to open it I get this error message Unable to switch to new category. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. I have website saved on it and would like to see them. I have ran detect and repair I have 512 MB of Ram ...

Bill Pay Help
I just signed up for Bill Pay (I have Money 2005), I'm not sure how to coordinate Bill Pay with my Bills list and my checking account register. It makes a separate Bill Pay register, but won't allow me to merge it with my checking account (as Help suggests). Tech support was completely useless, in fact it seems they're in a hurry to get us off the phone. ...

i need help
Hi all, i have the following information: a1 b1 D:john sam D:john don D:john lean D:John D:michael alex D:michael david D:michael D:robert van D:robert sam D:robert so what's the forumla that i should enter on b2 to get this result -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How about this in B2: =IF(LEFT(A2,2)="D:","",IF(C1=&...

Please help a neophyte w/ connecting Outlook #2
I recently received a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. Since I only have a dial-up connection and I want to use this in a room where there is no telephone jack, I needed a long phone cord to connect the laptop to the phone jack. I attached the 50' cord to the laptop last week and all went fine connecting to the Internet. However, I cannot seem to make the connection again. I enter the password and it dials (pulse!), and the box says "connected to remote computer", then "verifying name and password", then finally "unable to establish a connection". I th...

Help with IF Function
Hello Everybody I need an If function for the next task in Column H: Cell H4=F4/G4; H5=F5/G5 and so on. The Problem is that some of the cells in column G have values "0" and "1" and I want in this case the value in the cells of column H just to be equal of the value in cells of column "F". For example if G5=0 or if G5=1 the value in H5 must be the same as the value in F5 But if G5 is not equal to "0" or "1" The value in H5 is F5/G5. I tried next function in cell H4 with no success =if( G4<=1,F4,F4/G4) Any help is highly greeted. Tha...

Need help with EXCEL?
Try this site: http://TheGoodStuff.cc ...

ANSI OAB and UniCode OAB have different content
Hi There, Is here anybody else who has noticed that the content of the Offline Address Book are different between ANSI and Unicode modes ? Our users have found at least one user who is missing from the OAB based of ANSI. If one is missing, then there could be manyh more. Any ideas how to troubleshoot ? It is E2003 which is generating the OAB currently. regards .-Petri-. On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 07:53:02 -0700, Petri <Petri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > Hi There, > >Is here anybody else who has noticed that the content of the Offline Address >Book are dif...

Need Help #5
I had installed outlook on Exchange 2003. Now when I try to republish Default global address list, I get the error "MAPI or an unspecified service provider". I think my MAPI profile must be currupted. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thank Kumar Check the version of mapi32.dll in your system32 directory. You may simply need to replace it with the mapi32.dll version that is found in the /exchsrvr/bin folder. Oh, and uninstall Outlook please. There is a reason that installing Outlook on an Exchange server isn't recommended and isn't supported.... -- Ben W...