NUMBERS PROBLEM

Hi,

I have exchange 2003 setup with Outlook 2003 client.In AD some of the user
details appears as follows with numbers at their end.The id's work fine.

legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Mohammed Mannathodi63266254

    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Patric Lundin53784058

    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Beena Menon23767644

    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Ashraf Babu82709263

    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Omar Bakir87281292

Also when these users are selected through GAL these numbers appear after
the names..

What could be the reason for this and how can this be removed.

0
gwmon (10)

"gwmon" <gwmon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have exchange 2003 setup with Outlook 2003 client.In AD some of the user
>details appears as follows with numbers at their end.The id's work fine.
>
>legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
>Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Mohammed Mannathodi63266254
>
>    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
>Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Patric Lundin53784058
>
>    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
>Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Beena Menon23767644
>
>    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
>Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Ashraf Babu82709263
>
>    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
>Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Omar Bakir87281292
>
>Also when these users are selected through GAL these numbers appear after
>the names..

You can change the Display Name property to fix that.

>What could be the reason for this and how can this be removed.

If those numbers represent what I think they do (duplicate names) you
have a big problem. Are you running in mixed-mode with an Exchange 5.5
server somewhere? If so, I'd guess there's a problem with the ADC. If
you're not, then I can't think of a reason for the trailing numbers
except that you may have some automated process at work.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I dont think they are duplicate names as we didnt have Exc 5.5 and this is a
new setup.However almost all of them except a couple have been imported from
CCMAIL to Active directory.The info was transferred via LDAP.Any ideas??

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "gwmon" <gwmon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have exchange 2003 setup with Outlook 2003 client.In AD some of the user
> >details appears as follows with numbers at their end.The id's work fine.
> >
> >legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
> >Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Mohammed Mannathodi63266254
> >
> >    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
> >Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Patric Lundin53784058
> >
> >    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
> >Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Beena Menon23767644
> >
> >    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
> >Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Ashraf Babu82709263
> >
> >    legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative
> >Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Omar Bakir87281292
> >
> >Also when these users are selected through GAL these numbers appear after
> >the names..
>
> You can change the Display Name property to fix that.
>
> >What could be the reason for this and how can this be removed.
>
> If those numbers represent what I think they do (duplicate names) you
> have a big problem. Are you running in mixed-mode with an Exchange 5.5
> server somewhere? If so, I'd guess there's a problem with the ADC. If
> you're not, then I can't think of a reason for the trailing numbers
> except that you may have some automated process at work.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

gwmon (10)
7/28/2005 5:57:02 AM
"gwmon" <gwmon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I dont think they are duplicate names as we didnt have Exc 5.5 and this is a
>new setup.However almost all of them except a couple have been imported from
>CCMAIL to Active directory.The info was transferred via LDAP.Any ideas??

I'd look to whatever it was that you used to do the drectory sync.
The last "cn=" component of the legacyExchangeDn valus should be taken
from the mailNickname (or maybe the cn) property of the object. If the
directory sync appended some data to the end of the property then that
would be the reason the numbers are there.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Numbering
Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:07:02 -0700, carosaam <carosaam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? Yes. Do you mean for the process names or function names? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close #2
After installing Microsoft service pack (sp2) and while opening Outlooks 2000 (Office 2000);I recieved this error message, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this problem? >-----Original Message----- >After installing Microsoft service pack (sp2) and while >opening Outlooks 2000 (Office 2000);I recieved this error >message, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and >needs to close." > >Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this problem? >. > i have the same pro...

negative number to positive number
How can I change a negative number to positive number Multiply by -1 or use the ABS() function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I change a negative number to positive number =ABS(##) or mult it by -1 -- Regards Rob "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I chan...

Outputting a CString to File Problem
Hello, Currently I am using Visual C++ 2005 Pro, with an MFC application. However, when I attempt to output a CString to a file via ofstream, the resulting output is a hex value, not the text in the CString I intended. Does anybody have any ideas why this would happen? Here is the code snippet in question: CString sPathToSettings = GetWorkingDirectory(); sPathToSettings += "settings.ini"; ofstream OutFile(sPathToSettings); OutFile << sPathToSolution; OutFile.close(); BTW: The sPathToSettings string points to a valid path, as it does create a file successfully. ...

How do I expand the number of characters in Access comment box?
I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 characters in a "Comment" box. Hi, You could try changing your table's field type to Memo. Assuming that your are talking about a field in a table, that maybe shows on a form. If that is not the case, please describe precisely what comment box your are attempting to use. Clifford Bass Pearlene wrote: >I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 >characters in a "Comment" box. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers
Dear Excel, I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees. The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages for each employee. Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it (0001 to 8000). Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the week number from 01 to 52. Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000 pages. Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us! How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel? Thanks On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13 <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wr...

Sequential numbering in Number field
When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to indicate how the withdrawl was made. When I download my account information, Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number. I have to go into the entry a second time to redo my change. Does anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help me in the slightest. This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading data...

Windows 7 AD problem
Frustrating issue here: I have a windows server 2003 AD infrastructure. I Windows 7 as my company computers. I have 1 user (user A) that, when logged into the network, loses control of his screen when user B starts typing. I have made sure that IPs are not conflicting. I have created different accounts for both of them but still keep having the same bad luck. It is causing user A to not be able to work because whenever user B is typing an e-mail it literally takes control of user A's screen and starts typing into whatever program he has open. I have never seen nor ...

General Number Format Changed
Excel 2003 on XP I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box. ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get "1". Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard? Many thanks DeanH Sorry that should have been: ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get "1". "DeanH" wrote: > Excel 2003 on XP > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for G...

problem receiving mails for remote clients.....
hai all, we are using exchange 5.5 and we have 6 branches they all connect to exchange server remotely using outlook 2000 with pop3 ip address before everything ok from two days to what it is showing for clients when they press send and receive downloading mail from '202.125.85.187'........ Receiving message 1 of 9 Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. Receiveing mail on account 202.125.85.187 Failed then in outlook...

Number of Cells in a column
Hi, I want to add this formula in my ESS. COUNTIF(sheet1!S2:S43,"*Yes*") to find out the number of value containing "YES". My concern is I don't have fixed count from S2 to S43. It could be something else. What can I do to have this code reusable? I thought something like COUNTIF(Sheet!S2:Count($S2),"*Yes*") \But it doesnt work Thanks for your help Jack Try this if there is nothing else in that column:- =COUNTIF(sheet1!S:S,"*Yes*") -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - ...

Cant find the bugs in the code
I am grateful to any help and suggestions what to do! Here ar the subs I expect to make the users able to copy and paste between and within sheets. It doesn't work properly. Sometimes when I change som parts, it works partly, but never completly: - Not allow draganddrop - On every change of a range or cell an new fresh format template sheet shall be pastespecial(xlpasteFormulas) to be able to hadle merged cells in clipboard etc. -Not create a loop - Keep the sheet1 protected Please - what is wrong? i have tried to use less selection & activate code, but i could't make it right eit...

How to define cells so that only numbers can be filled?
Hi, How could I format cells in excel so that only numbers can be filled The input should be integer e.g. between 0...99 and cells shoud no accept any other marks, such as space, letters... simply nothing els but integers. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Juha! Try: Data > Validation You'll find it pretty intuitive and very flexible as to what you can do as far a restricting input to a cell. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fre...

Numbering, revisited
While there are already a lot of posts about numbering, I haven't been able to find the solutions for my specific quandry... [BTW, I'm posting this under "General" even though ultimately I'd like to make macros to support the answer -- since a manual solution needs to be the first step! :) ] Background: My workgroup is preparing to migrate to Word 2007 very soon. We create/maintain hundreds of large procedure manuals, each containing multiple chapters (sometimes up to 40-50 per manual). Each chapter consists of steps, using multi-level numbered lists...

Problems migrating PST files from Outlook 2000 to 2003
One of the users I support bought a new laptop with Office2003 on it. Her old machine had all the mail in 2 PST files (outlook.pst and archive.pst.) After setting up her mail (Internet mail for her home office,) I copied over the pst files. I closed outlook and set up the personal folders from the mail icon in the control panel. I selected the folder type as outlook 97~2002. When I open outlook, I can see the folders within the personal folders but not the mail. I tried the inbox repair tool but it didn't help. This is the first time I've worked with Outlook2003 and frankly ...

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

transaction number in PC Charge
Is there any way to manage the fields that should go to PC Charge while tendering credit cards in RMS. The problem is that transaction number ( called Ticket in PC Charge) doesn't appear in PC Charge and that cost as extra money. Regards, Ewa ...

horrible problem with division in Excel
Hi, I've recently purchased Office2003 and there is a horrible problem in Excel that none of friends can help me solve. I cannot make it divide two cells. The formula =A1/A2 is not working and returns an #ARG! Other calculations are fine. It is just dividing that causes the problem. I also switched off the option for "/" as Excel menu button but it is no good. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for possible solutions. Many thanks to all. Marek I'm not familiar with the #ARG! error - perhaps it's a Polish localization. By any chance do you have R1C1 referen...

Case, Quote numbering
We should have the ability to number the cases without having a suffix. If we do have a suffix, we should be able to define the suffix. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

proxy problems
I WiFi connect at a lot of places, including the library a few blocks from my house. The library uses BlueSocket for authentication. They use a proxy to surf the net on their system, and I type in that proxy from my laptop and either ethernet or wifi in. My problem is that I can't get Outlook to work under their proxy. Normally outlook just sucks the proxy off explorer, and that works. It's not working in this case. I just get a 0x800ccc0e error (Unable to find server.) Can I set up separate proxies in Outlook? And is that what I need to do? Any help, please? ...

URL/link problems, isv.config, window.dialogArguments
Hi, I created a new webSite (and virtual directory) in the same server of CRM (3.0) but another port (I can´t keep CRM and my webSite in the same port). I changed the isv.config and add a button with a URL that link to page in my webSite: <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1"> <Button Title="CORPORE --> CRM" Url="http://myServerNname:85/Corpore.NET/CRMMSIntegraAlunoCorporeCRMMSProcessando.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams="dialogHeight: 400px; dialogWidth: 600px; dialogTop: px; dialogLeft: px; edge:...

Rounding numbers to the nearest thousand
Simple question (i hope) Is there a simple way i can round numbers to the nearest thousand by using the format cells command. For example i would like to display 1,234.56 as 12 I don't want to be diving by 1000 and rounding to zero decimal places because i still want the whole number displayed in the formula bar when selecting it. i use excel 2003 thanx Mark Format the number as #,##0,;-#,##0, or similar. Not the comma at the end - this tells Excel to display as thousands (two commas here will display as millions). Note that 1,234.56 will display as 1 (thousand) not 12. "...

sorting numbers and numbers that contain text in excel
A column contains both strictly numbers and also numbers that are followed by text (e.g., row 1: 1000, row 2: 1500; row 3: 1000a; row 4: 1500a) Identical numbers are related documents, with the text suffixes referring to addenda documents; thus, document 1000 has an addendum document 1000a; How can I sort the column so in the following order: row 1 (1000), row 3 (1000a), row 2 (1500), row 4 (1500a)? Thank you -- MZ =TEXT(A1,"0") will turn each into text, then sort by that helper column (and don't accept Excel's suggestion to treat text that looks like number...

Form of phone numbers in contact list
I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook Contacts list. The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working. According to help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook. Specifically, apparently the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizi...