NUL characters are not allowed

Hi,

We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten
problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain
other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar
not allowed" error.

<mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU
characters are not allowed.>

This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain.

When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i
successfully after 2 or 3 tries.

It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha
no problem.

How do we check if the email contains a NUL character? WHat tool can w
use to check the email for NUL character?

anyone encountered this issue before?

Cheers,
Ma

-
exadmi

Numerical grade to Alpha character
I am trying to make a spreadsheet to keep track of my grades. I am to the point that I have a numerical grade, but I want to add another cell to keep track of the letter grade. I want the alpha grade to update automaticly when I update the numerical grade. You can use a VLookup formula to return a letter grade, based on a number. There are instructions for VLookup in Excel's Help, and there's an example using letter grades here: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Range capecrusader wrote: > I am trying to make a spreadsheet to keep track of my grades. I am t...

Allow entry of amount incl GST (tax) in Doc total
Allow entry of amount incl GST (tax) in invoice document total and calculate backwards the net value of the document. Very important feature for australian conditions. -- Gino S. GPK Computers ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/B...

cell character limit
11.19.09 can the character limit on an excel cell be increased? there is a standard set up limit of 255 characters. that is too little amount. is there a way where we can access the code that determines this limit and change it to elimitate this problem? please help? thx so much The actual limit is 32,767 characters. Of this, only 1,024 will display in a cell. (info from "Excel specifications and limits" in XL help file) Due note that when you set the format of a cell to text, this is when the 256 limit kicks in. Simply change the formatting of the cell ...

in excel can not input chinese character
otherwise window anything can input chinese, but in excel can't input chinse. why, anyone can help me? ...

Upgrade from 5.5 to 2003- Invalid Character Problem... with a twist
Hello everyone. While running the prep tools I saw the error about an invalid character (,.) in the Organization name. I figured I'd skip ahead and research the fix in the evening. I then successfully ran /forestprep and /domainprep. So now I see that I just needed to change the Organization display name. But then do I need to, or can I run /forestprep and /domainprep again? Many Thanks! Eric I would run the tests over. John <AntiguaRum@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1129731803.483490.186490@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello everyone. > > While running the pre...

Wrong Data Type - Too Many Characters
I have a form [FA1_OrgMaster] that has a Combo Box [cboCounties]. The cbo's Row Source is a Query with 2 columns - [TYaa_CountyNumber] - Integer, and [TYaa_CountyName] - Text 50 characters. The first column - CountyNumber - is Bound, but only the 2nd is displayed to the user in the cbo. I have a Form Open Event Procedure - but it doesn't affect the cbo. I have a Form Load Procedure that does: _______________ Private Sub Form_Load() On Error GoTo HandleError Me!cboOrgs = Null Me!cboCounties = Null Me!cboCounties = "Choose County" Me!cboCounties.SetF...

How do you enter Unicode characters that don't have a Alt-nnnn shortcut?
I have a need to enter a range of non-English names into a combo box on a form in an Access 2003 application. Sometimes this requires the use of accented characters that do not appear on a UK keyboard. If I refer to the Windows XP Character Map facility (charmap,.exe) then I can see that many such foreign characters have been allocated an Alt-nnnn code that is displayed at the bottom right of the Character Map acreen. This makes it easy to enter these characters. However, many other characters have not been given an Alt-nnnn keyboard shortcut. They only have a U-FFFF code, displayed at...

Oracle UTF8 character set data displays incorrectly in Excel 2000 SP3
Server: AIX 4.3 / Oracle 8.1.7.2.0. Enterprise Edition=20 Database Client: Microsoft Excel 2000 (9.0.7616 SP3) A CSV report file is generated from an Oracle Portal web=20 application. When the CSV file contains special characters=20 the CSV file displays correctly in Notepad but incorrectly=20 in Microsoft Excel.=20 We use following code to generate output in a CSV file=20 htp.p(CONVERT('WIN:WE8MSWIN1252 - Canon Espa=F1a=20 S.A.', 'WE8MSWIN1252'));=20 NOTEPAD EXCEL=20 WIN:WE8MSWIN1252 - Canon Espa=F1a S.A. WIN:WE8MSWIN1252 -=20 Canon Espa=F1 S.A....

As in GP ver7.5 allow the removal of the SQL user integration
Ver 10 of GP enrypts the user password in such a way that the user can't login using their profile to any other SQL process. Ver 7.5 allowed the detaching of this encryption facility in GP. Removing this ability is a backward step. The ability to detach the GP to SQL user integration should be reinstated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion i...

allow the entry of negative adjustments when there is Quantity on
We have a customer who wants the system to allow the processing of negative adjustments when there is quantity on hand and negative quantity available for a lot numbered item. In their scenario, what they are doing is that they are entering sales order transactions for a lot numbered item (ex. 150) when there is only 100 quantity available. This brings the allocated to 150, quantity on hand to 100 and the quantity available to -50. When they decide to decrease their quantity on hand value to 50 due to some item defects, the system is not allowing them to decrease their quantities be...

Payroll should allow setup by assigning departments to segments
When setting up payroll posting accounts for gross wages we should have the ability to assign for e.g. departments to specific segments within the Chart of Accounts, instead of entering all combinations. Is this possible? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

How does one change the alignment of characters?
I'm trying to increase the font size in a word with each letter that I type. So, for example, using my name, Craig, I would like to make the 'r' bigger than the 'c', the 'a' bigger than the 'r', and so on to the end of the word. BUT, I also would like to de-align the font so that the letters are centered in relation to one another, and not all resting on the same line. Thus, the bottom of the 'r' would be below the bottom of the 'c', not on the same line with it, which is what happens if you just change the font size. Can thi...

remove last character in a column of part numbers if a "V"
i have a column of different length part numbers and want to remove the last letter if it is a "v" only..how do i do that? Assuming data is in column A, put this in a helper column and copy down......... =IF(RIGHT(A1,1)="v",LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1),A1) then Copy > PasteSpecial > Values on that helper column and then replace your original column A with it...... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "leo" wrote: > i have a column of different length part numbers and want to remove the last > letter if it is a "v" only..how do i do that? Leo, Tr...

Excel should allow you to change custom colours more easily
Dear Microsoft... With other office products you can change the custom colours very easily, with excel you have to go into tools, then options, then change the colours... Please make it as easy as the other office products. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Extended characters in XML to fix Access
I have an Access DB, containing car and engine specifications entered by hand by jobbers. I use an XML file to parse the information in the specifications. Sometime they used "extended" characters to specify dimension or range: Ex: 1/4 instead of 1/4 Ex: - instead of - ....etc I need to detect and replace these characters with their ASCII equivalent but I could not get these characters in my XML when in UTF-8, the document loader throws and exception. How can I get these characters in my XML ? I am using Regex to parse and replace fragments of the jobber description. Basicaly I...

Suddenly not able to save new or open previous files with name lengths over 45 characters
I'm using Excel 2003 if it matters ... I'm wondering if there is a known bug/issue on this. For what ever reason, when I try to save a new file (or for that matter open something done previously) with a name that has more than 45 characters or so (might be off by a couple), I get message that it can't save and then gives me a bunch of reasons (file path might not exist, might have too many characters, folder might be read only, etc). I know file exists in the folder I'm checking - I can email myself the file and open from the email so its definitely there! Any sane insight? ...

After running a macro the first character, entered, is swallowed
Hello, after running of any macro sometimes the first character, entered, is swallowed in Word 2000 (on Windows XP SP3). Unfortunately I connot reproduce the exact circumstances for this strange behaviour - therefore the expression 'sometimes', but I can reproduce it on different computers. What may be the reason for this strange behaviour; how can this problem be resolved? Thomas Wiedmann We would have to see the code of the macro(s) to have any chance of helping you. It sounds like perhaps the document does not have the focus after the macro is run. -- ...

Looking for help with "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error
Please help anybody . . . I have been able to post messages via microsoft's news server but when I try posting to those same newsgroups via titannews.com (for which I am a paying subscriber) I always get a "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error. This wouldn't have anything to do with needing posting privelages for the newgroup would it? If it's a server error then it's not even getting to the intended newsgroup? Or may this type of error result from other causes? Maybe there's a seasoned news server user who can point me in the right direction for resolving t...

Allow comments to be added to protected worksheet?
I have created a worsksheet with selected areas locked and then protected it. My users want to be able to add comments where necessary but are not able to. I cant seem to find anything in the help menu - any ideas? When protecting the sheet "allow users to:" Select unlocked cells and Edit Objects. Note: with edit objects checked, users can insert comments in locked cells if they are allowed to select those. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:00:02 -0800, sue@solotel <suesolotel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a worsksheet with sel...

Analytical Acctg should allow reporting on the item description
Analytical Accounting allow you to report on the item number but only shows the item description as a "pop up" message not a reportable field. We invested many hours entering the description into the set up card - we want that description in the reports that we create. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Keyboard types pipe characters after emailing PDF
Hello everyone, We are using Great Plains 8 through Citrix sessions. One of our users started experiencing strange keyboard behavior after I added an Outlook profile to her session. This is what happens: - Starts a GP session through Citrix - Opens an invoice and prints to screen - Emails the invoice as a PDF file - Tries to open another invoice by using the Backspace key in the document field to type a new number. At this point, the Backspace types only the pipe character. When this happens, all keys will type pipes in all fields until the GP session is re-initialized. This problem seems ...

Allow source document drill down from unposted GL journal entry
When Journal Entries are posted to the GL (instead of through), it is sometimes necessary to drill down to the source document so that errors can be corrected before the journal entry is posted. GP does not allow you to drill down until the JE is posted. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

e-mail/ explorer will not allow attachments
Upon switching to a new computer and running xp i recieve the following : AOE has removed attachments > This is everyone I get in an e-mail Is this fix in outlook options or in IE properties Thanks ...

Receipt print strange characters on Vista
Hi All, We run Vista business with RMS. The receipt printer is an Epson TM88 clone and on both printers it randomly prints strange characters all over the receipt. It sometimes come up with an error 'unknown error - retry or cancel' but not always. We have never had any problems on XP so I don't know if this is Vista related or not. The supplier of the printer suggested we download the latest OPOS drivers which we have done without success. Has anyone else seen or had this problem? Thanks Matt ...

How do I allow or disallow editing
I have a form (in MS Access 2007)that is used an an input form for updating linked tables. I want to change the property of some text boxes on the form to be editable based on the contents of another field. For example; if a field contains a date (delivery date)in it, I want to no longer allow the user to change the EquipmentName or EquipmentQuantity fields. I want the the field to still be displayed but no longer capable of being edited. Is there an easy way to do this? I prefer to do this without writing VB code, but I can if that is the best way. Thanks! In the current e...