NUL characters are not allowed

Hi,

We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten
problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain
other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar
not allowed" error.

<mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU
characters are not allowed.>

This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain.

When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i
successfully after 2 or 3 tries.

It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha
no problem.

How do we check if the email contains a NUL character? WHat tool can w
use to check the email for NUL character?

anyone encountered this issue before?

Cheers,
Ma

-
exadmi

how do i delete everything after a particular character, after each such character?
i have about 1,800 rows of text data, some of which need to be cleane as follows: about 2/3 of the 1,800 rows have text that appears after a dash whic is preceded and followed by a space (" - ") and this post-dash tex needs to be deleted. ideally, there would be some way to tell excel to check each cell t see whether there is a " - " in the text data and, if there is, t delete the dash and everything AFTER the dash (but nothing before it) this way, all cells containing no dash at all remain unaffected, an the cells containing a dash lose everything that appears after th ...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Undo only by single character in Word 2007?
In Word 2007 under Windows 7, I am noticing for the first time a strange behavior. I know in Word 2002 and OSs up through Vista, undo worked on whole words. Now I find in certain files, that undo works only character by character, not whole words. The drop down list for undo shows, for example typing "e." I notice that in opening a new file, undo works as expected. Ditto for other existing files. The current file for which this behavior occurs was sent to me by a prospective author. The main document at issue is a DOCX file, presumably originated in Word 2007 (or...

problem to save Chinese character document
When I reopen a saved document which was typed with Chinese character, some of the charaters had been changed somehow by itself to different but homonym characters. Please help. Thanks. Could it possibly be Simplified vs. Traditional characters? There's no way Word by itself could "know" about homonymous characters! Each character is simply a Unicode code point, just like the letters of the English alphabet, or any other character in any writing system. On Dec 19, 5:45=A0pm, RCL <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I reopen a saved document whi...

NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar not allowed" error. <mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU characters are not allowed.> This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain. When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i successfully after 2 or 3 tries. It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha no problem. H...

adding a Carriage Return or Line Feed character to an update query
I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like to separate the two components with a blank line, or two carriage return or line feed characters. In Visual Basic, I'd use vbcr&vbcr to do this. How can I do this in an update query? Thanks in advance, Paul Paul wrote: >I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the >first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like >to separate the two...

RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time
RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time, this would be helpful in creating PO's. Mutiple item selection is a standard in every software; you really dropped the ball with this one. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

CSV file with 13space characters in blank cells
In my office we've just received a recurring report which has been modified (by someone. Previously (a CSV file) the Data area (say A1:M30 ) had numbers or blank cells representing 0 (zero) values. Now, however the blank cells ARE NOT BLANK (although they appear blank) all cells without numbers have 13 hard-space values in them, which is causing #VALUE! problems; I temporarily added an intermediate sheet with formula: =IF(ISNUMBER(VALUE(MySheet!B2)),MySheet!B2,0) to eliminate the #Value! problem; Is there a better way? I'm sure there is, just not certain at this point in time. Any ...

message rejected:NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, Need immediate help on this error message: "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mail3-us.company.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NUL characters are not allowed.>" This message was sent through a exchange 2003 server(only exhange 2003 in company) to a recipient on exchage 2000 server in the same organization(different location). Norton SMTP gateway accepts mail on port 25 on exchange 2000 server and forwards to exchange 2000 on a different port. Mail from excha...

Fill a cell with a character
Hello, In Quattro I can place a backslash (\) followed by a character...say = and the character will fill the cell regarless of column width. Is there a process in Excel to achieve the similar outcome? -- Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated. Format|Cells|Alignment tab|Horizontal Dropdown box|Fill You can also toggle a transition setting to get the same effect. Tools|options|Transition tab|check Transition navigation keys. But this will change how the Tab and home/ctrl-home key work, too. Anauna wrote: > > Hello, > > In Quattro I can place a backslash (\) foll...

CEditView character set
Hello I have created MDI (VC7) application, where the view class is based on CEditView class using, the application wizard. If I type or copy text to it, the text is displayed correctly in the view but in the print preview just the first character will be displayed. Same is happened if I save the document to a file. Just the fist character is stored. If I open an existing text file it looks like Chinese character, but in the print preview everything is fine What can cause this problem? Is there method to set character set for CEditView class? Where I have to look Thank you for any help Bes...

How to send <br /> formatting characters into an Email through the SDK?
Hey, I finally have a Web service up and running that will fire off of the post URL workflow rule, and send an email when a date is entered into a certain field in CRM. All is well except I cannot seem to format any line breaks (good ol' <CR><LF> in the ol' days), into the email. The web service builds the activity XML and uses the SDK to create activityparty entries. But using the CRM sample code (.newline) didn't work, and when I try to use StringBuilder.Append "<BR />" I get this error: A tag was encountered where data was expected"...

How do you increase the number of characters in an embedded hyperlink in outlook?
I'm trying to find out how to increase the number characters that can be embedded in a hyperlink in outlook or outlook express. What is happening is that if the hyperlink is too long, the remaining characters are truncated and put on a separate line, not attached to the hyperlink. Clicking on the modified hyperlink gives you an error saying it cannot be found. I found the answer to this years ago and it was a registry modification. Unfortunately, I can't remember where the modification was. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks "black" <blackfox135@...

Text over 255 characters won't display
I understand from other posts that the limit on the number of characters in a text cell is large (32K or 64K?). But whenever I enter more than 255 characters, the cell doesn't display. I just get a single line of #s. The cell is formatted as text with word wrap, top aligned, and the row height is auto-fit. Even if I manually change the row height to some large number, it doesn't help. I've looked in vain for a setting that might affect this, but can't find one. I have had Excel files sent to me by co-workers where this does not happen, and compared my setting with theirs....

character attributes lost (eg font, italics, bold) when cutting/pasting from excel to quark
hi all, I can cut/paste from excel to quark, but I lose the character attributes (eg font, italics/bold) in the cut/paste, though the text is pasted. I'm new to this so I don't know whether this is a quark limitation, or limitation of windows cut amd paste, or my inexperience. thanks in advance. What is a QUARK??? Isn't that a star that exploded in space 1 billion years ago? >-----Original Message----- >hi all, > >I can cut/paste from excel to quark, but I lose the character attributes >(eg font, italics/bold) in the cut/paste, though the text is pasted. ...

Allowing PS Remoting into my custom desktop PowerShell hosting app
We want to host the PowerShell runtime in our desktop windows application to give our customers an option to write product extensions and customizations in PowerShell script. WPK seems to make practical the notion of writing even the GUI portions of a desktop product extension in script and that is fantastic. We could create some custom PS providers and cmdlets that exposed key application data and functionality to the script writer. Though the idea of writing extensions to a desktop application in the form of PowerShell script seems compelling, it will only succeed if the cus...

Chinese characters in Mail
We are trying to get an Outlook e-mail to print Chinese characters instead of the gobbledygook that is appearing now. We installed the Simplified Chinese pack, but while we received new fonts, we were not able to read the text in the e-mail. We even tried selecting the text and changing the font, but this did not work. Help! we are having an issue in both Outlook 2000 and 2003. ...

Control characters
I've been using Publisher for years. Suddenly my files have control characters in them. When I create a new documents, control characters show up. Do I have to re-load the program? Did I hit a button, what? Click the symbol that shows special characters. Looks like this � -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bluestockings" <bluestockings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:321C675D-557C-47FD-8672-66FD5C7380C7@microsoft.com... > I've been using Publisher for years. Sudden...

entering special characters
I am useing WinXP with Office 2007 excel. I can not get <hex number>+<ALT>+<X> to work for Unicode hex numbers. I can insert useing the character map, but typing long strings of Math symbols is so slow this way. Every time I hit the <ALT> key, the ribbon numbering system pops up. If I use ASCII decimal, I can insert special characters form the keyboard using <ALT><ASCII decimal number>. The real problem is that some of the math symbols that I want to use are not in the ASCII char map but in the Unicode char map (hex numbers). Anybody know how to ...

Plus or minus character ...Its ASCII value
I need to type plus or minus character ("+" over "-") in preparing an Engineering document for indicating tolerances. What is the ASCII Value for this character. If this is not available in regular fonts...which font I should use to get thus character. seena Hi, ALT + 43 will give + ALT + 45 will print - If this helps please click yes thanks "Srinivasulu B" wrote: > I need to type plus or minus character ("+" over "-") in preparing an > Engineering document for indicating tolerances. > What is the ASCII Value for this charac...

Wrong characters displaying in SO Manager Repotrs
hello, I have problem with polish spec. characters in RMS reports. We use RMS installation version 1.3 (english version) based on Windows XP Professional SP2 PL (Polish version). When runnig any Report from Store Operation Manager, we have very strange characters in place of our polish specific like 'ą' 'ś' 'ń' etc. Does anybody know what we need to change to correct report printing ? ...

Can I sort by the strike-through characters ?
Hi there, Is there a way to sort the cells by the strike-through characters ? The strike-through applies to all characters in the cell (not onl certain characters within the cell). Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com William- You've asked this 3 times already (Nov. 19, 20, 21), and I have given you an answer twice, and MVP Tom Ogilvy gave you a UDF to use. Do you not go back and read the responses to your post? Here are the suggestio...

NUL characters Outlook 2002
Hi, I am having problems sending some emails from my Outlook 2002. It only happens with some email addresses and while the messages vary somewhat, the message is basically the same: it has to do with NUL characters. Here is one of the messages: Reporting-MTA: dns; mailhub.mail.az Arrival-Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 01:56:24 +0400 (AZT) Final-Recipient: rfc822; 'recipients email address was here' Action: failed Status: 5.0.0 Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 554 5.6.0 Message contains NUL characters (in reply to end of DATA command) This is another message: ...

Arabic Characters
My Arabic Characters turned into numerical values, how can I change them? I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but if you want to use a character set like that you will either need the correct code page loaded or use Unicode and have an appropriate font that contains the characters you want to use. Maybe you attempted to move the data from an Arabic Windows to an English one and the code page is different. Have you tried viewing the data in Notepad? It seems to do a good job of figuring out the data type. Tom <caroleabumoussa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156940717.1...

cells stop accepting text after 1801 characters
Someone in my office tried inserting text characters into a cell in a worksheet. After 1801 characters, it quit entering text. The cell is formatted as a merged cell (merged to what, I can't tell) with text wrap, and is locked. Why can't my person enter more charcters. You can have a cell that contains about 32k worth of characters, but left to its own devices, excel will only show about 1000. You can add alt-enters to force new lines within your cell and you can see more. But with mergedcells, you'll have to adjust the rowheight yourself--it won't react nicely to auto...