NTBackup Question - Need PSS

Can I install Exchange System manager on a Windows 2000 machine and backup
Exchange 5.5 remotely using ntbackup?  I know this is possible in Exchange
2000.
0
TeoGomez (51)

Well, easy enough to test, but IIRC, yes. In NTBACKUP options, you
will see the E200x Org and under a separate tree with the old 5.5
email icon, the 5.5 org.

But, its been awhile, so I may just getting senile :)

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:49:10 -0700, Teo Gomez
<TeoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can I install Exchange System manager on a Windows 2000 machine and backup
>Exchange 5.5 remotely using ntbackup?  I know this is possible in Exchange
>2000.

0
adavid (8731)

Questions about Scheduled Bills
I am having trouble understanding the exact relationship between scheduled bills and other transactions. Most of the source of my confusion is related to a couple of situations I've encountered with Mortgage payments. When I used the initial setup wizard to configure my accounts in Money, it categorized my mortgage payments as "Bills: Mortgage Payment". Of course, I want the transaction to be entered as "Loan Payment: <accountname>". My first question is should I just change the category in the scheduled bill? My second question is related but more complex. ...

question of focus?
I write a program which can delete a folder on time.I hide the dialog box windows and make it into a tooltip. The question is : when the time is on, I must make a focus on the dialog box windows then it can del the folder why? I'm not sure I understand the question completely, but if you are trying to delete a directory (folder) you need to make sure all the files in it are closed and available to be deleted as well. Could you have something open in your dialog that is causing it to reject your request to delete it? Tom "Microsoft" <lit_image@yahoo.com.cn> wrote ...

Simple(?) Outlook / Exchange question
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 for my e-mail. I have however a number of e-mail addresses, such as ebay@domain.com, misc@domain.com, etc. When composing a new email in Outlook (and sending it via the Exchange Account), how can I specify which address the From field should be set to? I know I can create additional accounts, but these require SMTP addresses for the outgoing servers. Thanks. Set the address in the From field -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the mo...

A question about OnDraw
Hello!! I'm reading a book called programming Visual C++. It's based on MFC. The book says "There are two ways to optimize painting in windows. First of all, you must be aware that Windows update only those pixels that are inside the invalid rectangle. Thus, the smaller you make the invalid rectangle (in the OnLButtonDown handler, for instance). the quicker it van be repainted. Second. it's a waste of time to execute drawing instructions outside the invalid rectangle." This text so far sounds correct but now the book say something that doesn't seems to be corr...

More Cash Drawer Questions
We have been using a demo MMF 225 17520141 04 cash drawer with an Epson TM-6000II usb printer/micr. It has a RJ-12 (6-pin) going to the epson and a RJ-45 (8-pin) going to the bottom of the cash drawer, this all works great. Now we ordered our drawers, printers and interface cables (23 each) and found that the cash drwaers are slightly different. The cash drawers now have a RJ-12 on the back end of them instead of the regular RJ-45; the cables that came with the printers are apparently a standard epson 226199EPSN1000 which are RJ-12 to RJ-12 which sounds great but the setup does not s...

Display selected folder (further question).
Hi, I am using the SHBrowseForFolder to display a dialog box, and I want a selected folder to be displayed when the dialog box pops up. I was recommended to read the article 179378 in microsoft knowledge base. That article shows an example that the current directory is selected. In my case, the selected folder is not in the current directory, but in a directory specify in a CString type class member data. I used different ways to assign szDir (which is in TCHAR[MAX_PATH]), but I never got succeeded. Please help! Leo You should be able to pass the directory present in your CStr...

Some questions about Borders in Excel 2007
1. Is it possible in some way to "undock" the borders button from the ribbon, similar to how I was able to do in Excel 2003? 2.. Is there a way to create my prest border button (for example, I'd like a group of cells to have thin internal borders but a thick line for an external border around the whole group)? I'd prefer it to be a non-macro solution so it's something that's available in every workbook that I open/create. Also, I'm not that good with macros so unless it's done completely for me...I have no clue! :-) Thanks for any help in advance! joshu...

Another SumProduct Question
Here's a simple example of something I'm trying to figure out. A B 1 5 1 7 2 4 2 9 Can I calculate (5*4)+(7*9)=83 using a sumproduct? I tried this but it doesn work for what I think is an obvious reason. SumProduct(((B1:B4)*(A1:A4=1)),((B1:B4)*(A1:A4=2))). I believe this isn't working because there is never a case where A1:A4=1 AND A1:A4=2. Therefore I get the answer = 0. I'm also having a hard time trying to figure out how I would do this in a loop of some kind as an alternative. Can I define B1:B2 as a range and B3:B4 as a range and pass them to a...

Question on custom commandbars
Hi All, I have a question for the Excel experts. How do you get custom commandbars to only open with a specific workbook, then close when the workbook is closed? I already use an auto_open macro for certain tasks. Would I insert commanbar = true statements into the macro? If I did this, how would I get the commandbar(s) to automatically close when I exit the workbook? Thanks for any help. Mark Mark You have to use VB. This open a dialog box and a ToolBar. You will need a before_Close macro to hide them. Sub auto_Open() Application.CommandBars("3-D Settings").Visible = True ...

CListCtrl question
Is there a size limit to CListCtrl? I am writing an application that inserts text string into a list control. The application will be running for a long period of time (at least 30 days), potentially generating 1 line of text (80 chars) every 10 seconds. This comes to ~270000 lines. I was wondering if the application needs to worry about setting/watching the memory usage for the list control. Thanks. "Kelly C." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:c0e9cd$jc6$1@newshost.mot.com... > Is there a size limit to CListCtrl? > > I am writing an application that inser...

ntbackup
Using ntbackup to backup an exchange 2000 server locally. I previously would have available to me on the backup panel of folders available in ntbackup the exchange server where I could select the server and then the Information Store and storage group for backup. Now Microsoft Exchange is listed but is grayed out. If I select it I am asked for the server name. I put it in and nothing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help. Larry You should have a red one for 5.5 and a blue and yellow for 2000. Can you expand it after typing in the server name? -- Hope that helps, Dan Towns...

Exchange 2003 & NTBackup Restore problems
OK, this is going to be a little bit long, as I want to include every detailed step of what I did. I've done alot of online research (here and elsewhere) and nothing is solving my problem yet. So lets get started. We have an Exchange 2003 Server installed on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. On this particular Exchange Server, all it is used for is 30 accounts created for students who are taking a course on how to use the Outlook software. After the completion of each semester, each account is filled with emails, tasks, calandar events, etc., which all need to be cleaned ou...

MS Money 2005 backup question
In MS Money 2005 standard version, when you want to backup tp a 3 1/2 floppy it does not offer to overwrite the file which would be particularly handy to do since it unfortunately requires 2 discs unlike any previous versions I have used. I think that is pretty lame. So it seems, unless I missed something somewhere, you have to format or delete the current file before using the same discs again. Is there a fix for this somewhere or, has a newer version got this squared away? A goof in M2005 I guess! No fix available except an upgrade to M2006. BTW floppies are not really reliable fo...

Multithreading question #2
I've noticed something that doesn't seem quite right to me somehow I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that could explain it to me I have a multithreaded formview application In the formview, I have a message handler that sets a global handle t control a worker thread The thread sets another global handle as an acknowledgement The message handler uses "WaitForSingleObject" with a 10 second timeout se while waiting for the thread's acknowledgement What I am seeing is that the thread isn't running until the message handle has timed out and completed Why isn...

Technical Question about Performance
Hi all I want to set up a web application for an organization that has some agents in different cities. I have 2 solutions and I want to know which is better and faster. 1-Like other sites put Asp.net pages and database in a host. 2-Putting asp.net pages in a local server but database in a host that local server gets data from host. thanks in advance On Feb 2, 7:25=A0am, "pers" <reza...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi all > I want to =A0set up a web application =A0for an organization that has som= e > agents in different cities. > I have 2 soluti...

remote ntbackup in exch2003?
I found the following doc: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;275876 does this apply to exchange 2003 as well? thanks in advance It looks like it. Here is a nice walk thru: http://www.petri.co.il/backup_exchange_from_non_exchange_server.htm "Guillermo Lovato" <glovato@belt.com.ar> wrote in message news:O9kP8gq5EHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... I found the following doc: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275876 does this apply to exchange 2003 as well? thanks in advance ...

Very easy question about filter!!!
Hi guys, I am trying to do something that looks simple but I can't figure out. I am trying to copy for a third column the names that match from the first two columns. for example: 1� column 2� column Nina john john Ryan smith Sherry bob chuck carlos bob chuck sam andrea I would like to have a third column if john, chuck and bob's name. If somebody have this info, please let me know. thanks, Will -- Wilmarjr -----------------------...

Attachment size question
Hey everyone, We are running Windows 2003 domain, Exchange 2003 sp1 on Windows 2003 sp1 (clustered). I know how to track a msg. with the "Message Tracking Center" but what I want to kown is, is there a way to tell (a report of some type) the sizes of attachments going through our Exchange systems? -- TIA, Clayton P.S.: I wrote an iTunes podcast tutorial and just want to publicize it. You can find it at: http://www.nikoli.net/itunepod ******************* On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:14:24 GMT, "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote: >Hey everyone, &...

MS Access question
I'm trying to find the answer to a very basic question: Can a MS Access application be run on a Mac? I haven't found anything so far to indicate that it can. Any info/advice would be appreciated. Thanks. :) In article <1173459278.378328.124940@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com>, "Whitt" <wpond@bu.edu> wrote: > I'm trying to find the answer to a very basic question: Can a MS > Access application be run on a Mac? I haven't found anything so far > to indicate that it can. Any info/advice would be appreciated. > Thanks. :) Access is not part ...

Easy question
I use Outlook Express for emails and it has it's own Address Book. To address envelopes in Word I can retrieve an address only from Outlook. When I try to set up addresses in Outlook the only option I get is to make Outlook my default program for BOTH emails and addresses. Is it possible to have my postal addresses in Outlook ( to be retrieved by Word) but still use Outlook Express as my default email program? If yes, how? MikeA From: "MikeA" <notme@att.net> | | I use Outlook Express for emails and it has it's own Address Book. | | To address envelopes in W...

NTBackup Failing
I'm trying to backup the Exchange Server 2003 Information Store using NTBackup and it keeps failing. Any thoughts on this: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: 4mm DDS Media name: "Media created 2/4/2004 at 11:07 AM" Backup of "TOR-SRV-01\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup description: "Exchange Server 2003 Information Store" Media name: "Media created 2/4/2004 at 11:07 AM" Backup Type: Normal Backup started on 2/4/2004 at 11:08 AM. Folder TOR-SRV-01\Microsoft Information Store...

Payroll posting question
I have a pay code of BONUS set up in v10.0 as ALL>ALL>BONUS which posts to a different G/L account than normal payroll. We have added the BONUS pay code to all employees, and when we pay a bonus, we use the pay code of BONUS. When the pay run is posted, the Gross Pay is posted to the normal G/L account rather than the account defined in the BONUS setup. Any thoughts? Thanks! -- Phil Camp Director of Information Hopkinsville Milling Company I ran into the same problem. GP determines the GL account to use by looking in the following order: DEPT > POSITION > PAYCODE DEPT ...

Question about an error
I'm getting the following error in a field: #Name? What am I doing that's causing this error? The Help contains the following: #Error? or #Name? may appear in a control for a number of reasons. To correct the problem, do the following: � Make sure that the field specified in the control's ControlSource property hasn't been removed from the underlying table, query, or SQL statement. � Check the spelling of the field name in the control's ControlSource property. � If you specified an expression in the control's ControlSource property, make sure that there is an e...

Money 2006 Question
Hi all, My brother wants to use Money 2006 that came with his new pc, but he says that it's necessary to open a MS Passport account just in order to use Mny 2006! He is one that likes to use fake bank names & such in order to protect his files, and he says that looks to be impossibe in Mny 2006. Any thoughts about this? Regards Rusty Fender wrote: > Hi all, > > My brother wants to use Money 2006 that came with his new pc, but he says > that it's necessary to open a MS Passport account just in order to use Mny > 2006! > > He is one that likes to u...

ntbackup cannot backup to device after dpm2007 uninstalls
how do i use ntbackup to read the device again ? ntbackup can backup to disk , but device fails ...how do i approach it ? ...