ntbackup of exchange- events 102 & 104?

exchange 5.5 on nt4 server- I have nt backup schedulde to run at night, in
the event logs, it shows events 102 and 104, which is the store stopping and
starting the backup.  There are also ntbackup events showing the backup
starting and completing in 2 hours, so it looks like everything is working,
but what are those other events?
0
dlw (166)

Which events do you mean ?
What are the description of the events ?
What does the ntbackup log report ?

Regards

Paul Ford
Edge IT Ltd

"dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> exchange 5.5 on nt4 server- I have nt backup schedulde to run at night, in
> the event logs, it shows events 102 and 104, which is the store stopping
> and
> starting the backup.  There are also ntbackup events showing the backup
> starting and completing in 2 hours, so it looks like everything is
> working,
> but what are those other events?

0
paulford1 (138)

Exchange 2000 + Mailbox Limits
Hi, Currently if a user exceeds their mailbox limit an email is sent to the administrator mailbox. Is it possible to add a second email address so that I also get an alert? thanks, Pritesh No choice in the UI to do so, may be able to write an event sink perhaps. Easier to simply write a script to query the store for mailbox sizes and flag mailboxes exceeding the limit. (In fact some maybe avail online... search... ) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Pritesh Lad XP SP2 + Telnet" <PriteshLadXPSP2Telnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Restoring Exchange 2000 cluster to "standard" Exchange 2000 Enterp
Hi all, At the moment we are creating a "full" test environment built from backup tapes from our live environment. DC's are all up and running. Our 2000 native forest exists out of a top domain and 2 child domains. All DC's are running 2000 SP3 as well as the Exchange servers. Exchange servers are located in the child domains. In one of the child domains which is NL.top.net we have an Exchange cluster, 2 nodes active/active eg. These would be EX01 and EX02 and running EX04 and EX05. Since we unfortunately do not have a SAN in our test site I will not be able to do a DR...

Users not authenticating to local GC when hitting remote Exchange 2k3 server
We have a central Exchange site (2003) where we are consolodating a lot of our remote plant and field office locations. One of these locations has their own DC (GC) in our domain. The user authenticate to that DC when they log in. HOwever, when they are connected to the email server at our HQ, they use one of the DCs also located in the HQ site. This seems to be causing unecessarily slowness. I know that Exchange builds a list of available GCs (shown in the directory access tab for that server). The remote GC is not in the same site as our central Exchange servers, so it doe...

OWA and Exchange 5.5
Hello, can anyone help with an Outlook Web Access problem in Exchange 5.5 sp4 When a user attempts to login, they get the error message error 'ASP0115' Unexpected error /<vroot>/<page> A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. The web access component sits on an NT4 server sp6a with iis4 and web access has been patched with MS Exchange 5.5 Service Pack 4. I've gone through the Troubleshooting Guide for Outlook Web Access on the MS site but had no joy. Any ideas? Hi, I would take a look at this and see if it app...

Exchange with Diallup
I cannot trigger the diallup connection using Exchange scheduler. It just does not work ...

ntbackup
Using ntbackup to backup an exchange 2000 server locally. I previously would have available to me on the backup panel of folders available in ntbackup the exchange server where I could select the server and then the Information Store and storage group for backup. Now Microsoft Exchange is listed but is grayed out. If I select it I am asked for the server name. I put it in and nothing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help. Larry You should have a red one for 5.5 and a blue and yellow for 2000. Can you expand it after typing in the server name? -- Hope that helps, Dan Towns...

Exchange server Problem !!
i get in event viewer this error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology Event ID: 2103 Date: 12/25/2003 Time: 12:41:44 PM User: N/A Computer: Server_Name Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=304). All Global Catalog Servers in use are not responding: Server.domain_name.com For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. please Help ME!!!!!!! Here is the information in http://eventid.net. Hope it helps.... http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2103&source=MSExchangeDSAccess -- Regards, Hank Arnold "RoiE" ...

exchange 2003: performance degration
I'm running exch 2003 SP2 on Win2003 server. Is there something that can be done to avoid performance degration when working with mailboxes with over 6000 items in mailbox en over 5GB in size. The entire mailbox store size is only like 9GB with 33 users, but the boss is a great user. Please help! Frank Have the great user move messages to folders other than the Inbox for a start. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Frank Jacobs" <FrankJacobs@discussions.microsoft.co...

!!! Exchange Logfile quarantined and deleted
Our symantec corporate edition quarantined our E00.log file for exchange 2003. When i trie and mout the mailbox store i get the "ID no: c1041724" error msg. When i run "eseutil /mh" command both my database files come back as dirty shutdown. Im am trying to rocover it with "eseutil /r e00" but no luck with error currant log file missing. What else can i do? Urgent please using "http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;en-us;313184&Product=exch2k" 1) Exclude exchsrvr folders from file-level antivirus scanning. http://support.micr...

wsendmail and my Exchange Server
I'm attempting to use wsendmail on my Intranet to send forms but I keep getting a Error 6 can not connect message. I'm thinking there is setting somewhere within my exchange server that is not allow this outside connection. Previously I went into the Internet Mail Service and under routing I went to routing restrictions and it showed a check mark beside "Hosts and clients that successfully authenticate". I removed that and restarted the IMS service but still didn't help. Now I recently inherited this network and I'm not sure what all the previous admin did to lock...

Replication Notes-Exchange
I have some troble replicating Notes data to Exchange. Some of these data I get inside Exchange only with demaged format. This must be a proble by the Notes-connector because I can do different things to show the right mail format in Outlook too. For example if I use the Outlook connector to open the mail in Outlook direct from the NSF, the format is OK. If I copy the file over these connector to the Exchange mailbox, then the format is also OK. The same result I have by using HTTP. Is there any way to use the Notes connector between Outlook and Exchange to translate the correct format? Or is ...

Outlook Exchange to Outlook
Hi all, I had Microsoft Outlook 2000 installed on my personal notebook. I used my notebook at work, and the IT manager installed Outlook 2003, and set it up so that I needed to login to the Exchange Server via a L/P. I have since been layed off, and my work email account has been disabled. When opening Outlook, I am required to input a L/P, but they no longer work. If I hit "Cancel", Outlook closes down. How can I disable the L/P, or can I somehow access and export the personal information (contacts, emails - the latter of which are fortunately saved to my notebook hard driv...

not in list event procedure
Please i need anot in list event procedure to help me update a table A with values i need to add. i.e i have form F which updates data in table T no probs. The control source is ok bu i reset the rowsource to a list in Table A. no probs. however i need Table A to add any new data that i may have to put on the list. Deron Here some that I used to an aiport code to a tbl_cities when the code that entered was not in the drop down list. I also used the GOT FOCUS event of the drop down to update the list with the new entry see coding below. Private Sub select_port_NotInList(NewData As ...

Contacts in Exchange #2

Windows CE
I have a SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. Right now (temporarily) the exchange server is polling external POP boxes for mail. We are going to cut over to Exchange mail, but the owner of the company depends heavily on his iPaq for POP mail. Right now he can get his mail live, but anything sent internally obviously does not show up on the iPaq. Can I use POP mail for that one account on top of Exchange so that he can keep using "live" mail on the iPaq. Or do I need an add-on (like Blackberry has) in order to do this? On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 07:25:01 -0700, "Joe K" <JoeK...

Exchange 2003 & NTBackup Restore problems
OK, this is going to be a little bit long, as I want to include every detailed step of what I did. I've done alot of online research (here and elsewhere) and nothing is solving my problem yet. So lets get started. We have an Exchange 2003 Server installed on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. On this particular Exchange Server, all it is used for is 30 accounts created for students who are taking a course on how to use the Outlook software. After the completion of each semester, each account is filled with emails, tasks, calandar events, etc., which all need to be cleaned ou...

How do I enable POP3 for user on Exchange 5.5?
I have an Exchange Server 2003 book that tells me exactly how to setup POP3 for that flavor of e-mail server. However, I am working on Exchange Server 5.5 and I cannot get it to work. The only thing that I see that I cannot find is the enable POP3 under the User Data. How do I set this up in XS 5.5? Double-click mailbox, clickProtocols tab\select POP3 nad click Settings. David Langschied wrote: > I have an Exchange Server 2003 book that tells me exactly how to setup POP3 > for that flavor of e-mail server. However, I am working on Exchange Server > 5.5 and I cannot get it to...

Creating Forms in Exchange
Ok. I have a new small office client that needs to have a system designed. He tells me, that they have about 5 new sales a week and for each sale they need to fill out 7 Excell Sheets. His files are becoming unmanagable and he needs help. Several people need to access the same files and the boss needs to access them for final approval. I was thinking if Exchange Forms can be used? Can these 7 Excell sheets be converted into Forms, where the salesman can fill them out in outlook and then send them to public folders or something like that for other people to access them and for archival pu...

Exchange Tasks with ADUC
According to the Exchange Server 2003 Administration Guide on Technet its states that "To manage Exchange 2003, the workstation must be joined to the same forest as your Exchange servers. You cannot manage domains in a different forest." Is this true? Is there anyway to make this work on a workstation that is a member of a domain that has a trust established with the domain the holds the exchange 2003 organization. We are tying to perform exchange tasks from with in Active Directory Users and Computers. ...

Exchange 2003 + Outlook 2003: rules not running
Hi, I have a new customer that I migrated from SBS2000 to SBS2003 standard. He installed Outlook 2003 & updated it to SP2. He recreated his rules (moving mails with subject "spam" to deleted items folder), but they don't run automatically. If he runs them manually the get moved just fine. I searched google but didn't find anyone with a solution. Anyone here who can help me? thx David Assuming the rule is checked, is the account configured to use the exchange mailbox? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor,...

Exchange book
I have 6 months experience in Exchange. My background is as a Lotus Notes administrator (6 years). I am trying to break into Exchange as it looks like lotus notes is a dying breed. I am thinking about maybe certifying with an MCP in exchange and getting good Active Directory skills. Do you know of any good books that would help me do this? Do you think its worth doing Exchange or Active Directory learning first? Many thanks. I would really appreciate any input. CR CodeRazor <CodeRazor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 6 months experience in Exchange. My backgro...

Event 9586 generated multiple times in a second
I am having hard time troubleshooting this problem. Exchange Server generates an Error 9586 multiple times per second. "A problem occurred while doing OST sync operation for user Joe Azure. The message last attempted to sync was: Parent folder name: (failed to retrieve); FID: 1-24; Message subject: (failed to retrieve); MID: 1-30069; Error code: 0x8000ffff. " The MID number incremenets with every error. This error takes up lots of CPU power on the server. When this problem happened few weeks back, I moved his account to another Mailbox Store and immediately if fixed the issu...

remote ntbackup in exch2003?
I found the following doc: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;275876 does this apply to exchange 2003 as well? thanks in advance It looks like it. Here is a nice walk thru: http://www.petri.co.il/backup_exchange_from_non_exchange_server.htm "Guillermo Lovato" <glovato@belt.com.ar> wrote in message news:O9kP8gq5EHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... I found the following doc: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275876 does this apply to exchange 2003 as well? thanks in advance ...

ntbackup cannot backup to device after dpm2007 uninstalls
how do i use ntbackup to read the device again ? ntbackup can backup to disk , but device fails ...how do i approach it ? ...

Exchange Licenses
We have a 25 client license NT 4 Backoffice server, primarily used as our domain controller and Exchange 5.5 server. We are nearing 25 users of Exchange. Are the licenses controlled by the number of client licenses for our server? I havent found a way to tell me the number of avalaible licenses in exchange. In fact I have more than 25 mailboxes created. If needed can I still purchase for this? Thanks Back Office licenses encompass Exchange, server CAL, etc. Excahnge is not lciensed per mailbox, but rather per user or device accessing it. I believe you can still a Windows Core CAL and ...