NT4 SBS to 2003 SBS

There's an old NT4 SBS server in place with Exchange 5.5, 10 users.  A new
2003 SBS server has arrived.  What's the best way to move everything to the
new and shut down the old?

I tried to make a trust relationship, but you can't do that with SBS 2003!.

Should I use Outlook to log on as a user, copy all data to a .pst from the
old Exchange 5.5, then make new users and mailboxes on the new server and
copy from the .pst to the new 2003 mailbox?  Only 10 users, 700MB in total.

Thanks Neal.

0
Neal

Publisher 2003 question
I'm trying to send a 3 page Publisher document, using 'send as message', but only one page is viewed in the mail, the other 2 pages 'disappear'. What is the right way to send a doc which is more than one page, using 'send as mail' (and not as attachement). Thanks - Rebecca because there is no such thing as a multiple page email...make your original pub document longer (all one long page). -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Rebecca" <gitiya@walla.com> wrote in message news:FF8303EE-13DE-454...

KB915597 fails on Windows 2003 R2 x64
Hi, Starting on Tuesday, I have been having a nagging issue with the auto-update of KB915597. And it looks like Microsoft has given it a few best efforts because the Definition versions for the update have gone from 1.69.1038.0 to 1.69.1055.0 to 1.69.1059.0. All three versions have failed with the same Error Code. Ugh! The error code is Error Code: 0x80070645 There is nothing wrong with my .NET installs. I have run the .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool against all four versions of .NET install on my PC; ..NET Framework 1.1 SP1 ..NET Framework 2.0 SP2 (2.2.30729) ...

File Opening Issue in 2003!
Hi there, I am currently getting an issue whereby certain word documents won't open within Word 2003. The error message displayed is ,'Cannot connect to configuration database'. Any help would be much appreciated!! Kind regards NEvans8993 ...

SFO Error
We are just testing SFO on 2 clients at the moment - the first is WinXP with Office XP (2002) and the second is WinXP and Office 2003. On the 2003 machine whenever we try to save a new an when offline we get "An error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator". We have installed the SFO Rollup hotfixes and tried resetting the Forms Cache. Any ideas ? Is Outlook 2003 supported ? Thanks Ian ...

password protect opeining of Outlook 2003
Is there a way to put a password on Outlook to open it? John Leonard - Sage <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote: > Is there a way to put a password on Outlook to open it? No, but if you use a Personal Folders file, you can password protect that. RIght-click, choose Properties, then Advanced. Click Change Password. -- Brian Tillman Thanks Brian I have tried that. However, it does not stop anyone from seeing what I have already downloaded. I wanted todisable Outlook from starting up. That way someone, I share my computer with (same logon) can use my system and not see my E-mail. ...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent connectivity issues to my SBS2003 server - and they are getting more frequent. Here's the setup: SBS2003 Standard SP2 with all current updates running on HP ML110 server; 4 onsite PCs; 3 used by onsite staff primarily for email, internet, local apps (i.e. - Quickbooks). 1 used by remote user via RWW. DSL internet; Avaya VOIP phone system (4 phones) on network. Connections drop/restore throughout the day using various methods. Happens with RWW (VBScript: remote desktop disconnected), VPN (connection to Small Business Server lost), or Outlo...

Exchange 2003 and Virtual Pop Server
I have a machine running XP home here and I want it to be able to access an exchange mail box. THis machine does not have outlook installed on it. While looking through exchange admin last night I came across the virtual pop server. This seems ot be what I am looking for, but unfortunately I can't start it. Every time I try and start it, it says the service did not start in a timely manner and to check the event log. I looked in event viewer and didn't see any errors about exchange. Any help would be appreciated, Andrew You first need to enable POP3 Service thru Services...

Outlook 2003 cannot connect to Exchange 2003 via VPN
Hi experts, Our company is using Exchange 2003 server and Outlook 2003 client, the configuration is working fine for 6 months already. However, recently we have some users experience connecting problem when they are using Nortel VPN + outlook 2003 to access email from their home. Those laptops are working fine in the office and when we test the machine in the direct internet in our office, it fails to connect. Outlook 2003 is trying to connect to the server and after a while it stop and become disconnected. I have tried an rpcping from the laptop to the exchange server it works. When...

Exchange 5.5 on NT4 PDC to Win2000 member server
Hello, I have a tricky thing: I have 1 domain with 1 NT PDC and 1 Win2000 member server. The (old) NT4 machine is running exchange 5.5 and is doing logon/account validation. I have to install exchange 5.5 also on the w2000 member server and "copy" the configuration and mailbox data from the NT4 machine. The w2000 server must also become a Domain Controller because the NT4 server is going away/put off (its harware specs are to low to upgrade to win2000). So what can i do ? * Install exchange on the w2000 member server as a second server in the existing site, than move the mailbox...

Can I open Corel Quattro Pro 12 Worksheets in Excel 2003 XP
Is there a way in which my colleagues can access my Corel Quattro Pro 12 Spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel? In QP, you can save your files in XLS format and you can open them with Qp while colleagues can open them with Excel. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "hristopher James" <hristopher James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2932A64-30BA-4772-AC8D-29D1386658ED@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in which my colleagues can access my Corel Quattro Pro 12 > Spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel? ...

Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2002
I had installed Outlook 2003 but wanted to go back to Outlook 2002 due to problems with my Spam Blocker. I installed 2002 but could not send e-mail and set up new calendar appts. Error received was "not enabled." Rest of Office apps are 2002. How can I "enable" 2002 Outlook? ...

how do we get 2003 .xlb toolbars and custom macros to show in 07
I have custom macros that are saved in an .xls file under the XLStart/ folder in Excel 2003. These macros are referenced by an Excel11.xlb file that holds the toolbars. All of these automatically open because they are under the XLStart/ folder. How do I get them into Excel 2007 so they will open automatically and how can I get the custom toolbar file to show up. I would drop the toolbar file and create that toolbar on the fly when excel opens the .xls file. It'll make things much easier. Saved from a previous post: For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really ...

OL 2003 w BCM
**please respond, second posting** When trying to open Outlook with SBCM (after a freeze) I can no longer open a contact's 'form'. I get two error messages and then it open a personal 'form' instead of a business form. The two error messages are as follows: 1. The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use and Outlook form instead. The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator. 2. Array index out of bounds. I have tried to install updates and run the repair utility. Neither of these has solved the issue. Is there a...

How exchange 5.5 on NT4 behaves with NT4 to W2k3 AD migration
Hi, I have PDC, BDC and Exchange 5.5 + SP2 running on a NT4.0+SP6 member server. I am planning to upgrade my NT4 domain to W2k3 AD; my worry is what will be the impact of this on my exchange 5.5 environments. Has any one done this? If so please let me know how it was and/or any problems encountered during the process. Thanks in advance to Gurus, Sys Admin On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:32:04 -0700, System Admin <SystemAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have PDC, BDC and Exchange 5.5 + SP2 running on a NT4.0+SP6 member server. >I am planning to upgrade my NT4 d...

Exchange 2003 test environment #2
Hi, I have setup a Exchange 2003 server at home. I would like to make this live on the internet. How should I proceed to make the server live on the internet? Will I have to regitser a domain first? My current ISP is virgin. I am doing this for test puroses. thanks, PL 1. Make sure you can get to server on smtp from internet (reachable on port 25 on external/NATed IP address). 2. Register domain name 3. Setup DNS (A and MX record) pointing to external/NATed IP address 4. Setup Recipient Policy to generate email addresses for the registered smtp/dns domain (if it doesn't alrea...

Outlook 2003 not closing
Hello, after installing Office 2003 I noticed that Outlook.exe doesn't shut down in task manager after I close Outlook so I cannot go back into Outlook without ending the process. Any ideas? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Cover Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new ...

Outlook 2003 link problem
When I click on a link in my inbox, I receive the following error: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have checked my security settings in IE and locally, but cannot find anything that would restrict access. Also, I tried using the fix suggestions for this problem related to outlook 2002, KB article 310049. Any suggestions would be welcome. ...

Migrating E5.5/NT4 to E2003/W2K
I am going to be migrating E5.5 to E2003 very soon Can anyone please give me tips as I would like to avoid as many probs a possible. I can use the same IP, Domain name etc Thanks in Advance Hi, Done a few of those You could do an in-place upgrade but you must be absolutely sure about your backups. For me, the easiest (and probably safest) way is to do a new installation of 2003 and run the two systems in parralel until all users have been migrated to the new system before shutting down the old system. I short: Suppose you have alias@demo.com as your current e-mail domain: 1. Create a...

Micrsoft Money 2003 "This program is not responding"
HELP!!! I have some sort of hang up on my MS Money program. I have just spent hour inputing iformation into my Mirsoft Money and all of a sudden in got hung up. The hourglass is present whenever I try to attempt any sort of function. When I try to close the program to save all of my information, a small screen comes up and says, "This program is not responding. If you choose to end the progam immediately you will lose any unsaved data." Does anyone know how to save my data without ending the program, or is there a way to get my program to respond again? The CPU usage ...

Exchange 2003 Server Configuration
I am buying a new HP server: Dual 3.0Ghz Xeon, 2GB RAM, and I am looking for some opinion on my RAID setup. I have two (6) drive SCSI bays. One will remain empty for future growth and one will have (6) drives. This server has a built in (2) channel Ultra 3 SCSI and I plan on having (2) 36 GB drives as a Raid 1 for my OS and Exchange program on channel 1 and the other (4) drives will be 72GB and configured as RAID 0+1 on the second channel. To me this seems like the most logical and efficient method for maximum I/O on my box. What are others doing in this scenario? What would be a better rout...

Junk E-Mail filter problem in Outlook 2003
Suddenly, all the junk e-mail that would normally go to the Junk E-Mail folder is now just dropping into my Inbox. I mean all the junk e-mail. It's catching nothing. I have it set on Low and it always let some stuff slip through, but now it is just not working at all. I changed it to High and exited Outlook, re-opened Outlook and set it back to Low, exited Outlook and re-opened it and still I get the same behavior. Never seen this one before. This is Outlook 2003 on WinXP and it's a POP account. Any help would be appreciated. Russell Campbell <nospam@123nospam321.com&...

Exchange 2003 corrupting attachments
Good morning, I've got an Exchange 2003 server which is set up to be able to accept and relay messages for anyone within both a specific IP block and as well as for any authenticated user. So the machine can send/rec messages to any authenticated user, and anyone within my internal network can use the Exchange server to relay messages (for automated logging scripts). That being said, here is my problem: I've got a developer who's trying to write a script that will grab some logs from a tomcat install and mail them to his email address within the company, the email messag...

RPC over HTTP on a SBS 2003
I have setup my SBS box to use RPC over HTTP. At first I tried to do setup the client without SSL to test it. This failed. I preceded to setup SSL and tried RPC over HTTPs, hoping I may find something I missed during the initial test. I am still not able to connect my clients using RPC over HTTP. We put a sniffer on the server and the test client. You can watch the client try to use HTTP first without only acknowledge reset sent back from the server. After the client tries 5 - 6 times it defaults to normal RPC. With HTTPs the client requests the server, and the server acknowledges. Th...

Using outlook 2003 do I need exchange server to share databases?
We are considering upgrading to outlook 2003. Can I and my assistant share my database of contacts and calendar? thanks for any information See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm MeNotHome wrote: > We are considering upgrading to outlook 2003. Can I and my assistant > share my database of contacts and calendar? > > thanks for any information Is this a realiable option? Thanks On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:47:56 -0500, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote: >See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/...

Outlook 2003 Contact files
I forgot to expert my contact data in Outlook 2003 before I had to reformat the harddrive and do PC Restore from Dell. In another dump move I forgot to print out the data. Fortunately I did make a full back up of all my files. I know the Contact data must be in the back up somewhere but I can't identify the files. Can anyone help? "Roberta Kay" <Roberta Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A97608-3D82-4A32-B404-8432480063FD@microsoft.com... >I forgot to expert my contact data in Outlook 2003 before I had to reformat > the harddrive and do P...