Notify new mails in OWA

outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives.

Must I configure internet explorer settings?

thank you
--
Dambo
0

In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035C44@microsoft.com,
Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives.
>
> Must I configure internet explorer settings?
>
> thank you

What version of Exchange? OWA for E2000 and 2003 should already have this
working.

0
lanwench (7567)
11/8/2006 1:26:21 PM
E2003 with no sp1
--
Dambo

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035C44@microsoft.com,
> Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives.
> >
> > Must I configure internet explorer settings?
> >
> > thank you
>
> What version of Exchange? OWA for E2000 and 2003 should already have this
> working.

0
Damb0 (14)
11/8/2006 2:04:01 PM
In news:EB1FE5A7-EE10-4BB4-ABE5-26333E19C4D5@microsoft.com,
Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> E2003 with no sp1
>
>> In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035C44@microsoft.com,
>> Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives.
>>>
>>> Must I configure internet explorer settings?
>>>
>>> thank you
>>
>> What version of Exchange? OWA for E2000 and 2003 should already have
>> this working.

OK - then what's the version of IE?  If you go to the Options tab, make sure
that there's a tickbox next to "Display a notification message when new mail
arrives".

Note that OWA questions are generally best directed to
microsoft.public.exchange.clients.

0
lanwench (7567)
11/8/2006 2:29:30 PM
I would add the OWA site to the exceptions list of any pop-up blocker you
may be running ...

"Damb0" <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives.
>
> Must I configure internet explorer settings?
>
> thank you
> --
> Dambo

0
Chris
11/8/2006 2:47:54 PM
I disabled pop-up blocker and it seems working
--
Dambo

"Chris H" wrote:

> I would add the OWA site to the exceptions list of any pop-up blocker you
> may be running ...
>
> "Damb0" <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives.
> >
> > Must I configure internet explorer settings?
> >
> > thank you
> > --
> > Dambo

0
Damb0 (14)

creation of mailing list in Publisher using already created Excel file
Iam trying to create a mailing list in Publisher and it wants me to manually enter addresses. I have an Excel file with all addresses in it. I cant find a way to import the file to Publisher. Can anyone help? Thanks Brian Help > Mail Merge. Would be good place to start. -- John G <brianmcgaha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165281212.680383.15900@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Iam trying to create a mailing list in Publisher and it wants me to > manually enter addresses. I have an Excel file with all addresses in > it. I cant find a way to import the file to Publishe...

Slow down checking for new messages
Gurus, Running Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Exchange 2003 server on the back-end. Is there anyway to make my Outlook client check for new messages only like say, every 30 minutes? I am trying to organize my time better and I find that email being delivered to me as soon as it is sent is a distraction. -- Spin No, but you can impose some self-discipline. Set a time each hour when you will deal with incoming mail such as on the half-hour. If there is no need to respond immediately, then don't - keep working on the task at hand until half past the hour. -- Milly Staples ...

Checking Mail
In Tools, Options, Mail Services: I have "check for new mail on" unchecked on one of the mail accounts. However, I keep getting mail for this account. I have exited and reopened the program, but it keeps checking mail for the account I do not want to check. Why? ...

send a mail to each client
Hi, I have this client=B4s data in some rows: Name Invox $ John 0001 532.32 John 0002 234.65 John 0003 456.56 percy 0002 435.98 George 0005 345.67 I want to send a mail with each client=B4s data. I=B4ve tried mailmerge but it sends 3 mails to John instead of one with the three rows of data. Can I do this in some way? Thanks! See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm In each section there is a example named Mail a row or rows to each person ...

Mail Client Issue
I still cannot get Outlook to be the default for the mail client. I have tried to repair Outlook to no avail. It still is not listed in the default programs, but it is checked as the default in outlook. Everytime I click on a "contact us" link in a browser I get the error code, and them 30+ error web pages come up. I also have the following issue related to Vista with office. # KB884202 "You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every time that you start an Office program" I have even re-installed Outlook as a repair with no luck. Please help, this is v...

Outlook 2003 Rules copy rather than move mail
I have set up Outlook 2003 to move certain e mails (based on the addresses) to a different folder but instead of moving, the e mail;s are copied. I have looked in the support database and on this newsgroup but to no avail. is this "a feature" of O 2003? Peter Posting from Peter Rogers Replace NOSPAM with ntlworld to reply Peter Rogers wrote: > I have set up Outlook 2003 to move certain e mails (based on the > addresses) to a different folder but instead of moving, the e mail;s > are copied. > > I have looked in the support database and on this newsgroup but to n...

I can send e-mails but cannot receive them!!!!
So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of that. I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost ground! When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem like it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come through and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted the prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted them and another copy of that same e-mail showed up!! ...

Move Publisher 2000 to a new computer
How do I move Publisher 2000 from an old machine (running Win982nd) to a new computer (running WinXP) since it has already been activated on the old machine? Uninstall it from your old system. Install it on the new. Enter the 25-digit number when asked for it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "DoorLady" <DoorLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D278FE2-5B2B-4F68-9932-C059D80E550C@microsoft.com... > How do I move Publisher 2000 from an old machine (running Win982nd) to a > new > computer (running WinXP) since it has already been act...

New WLM version ?
I ran into this link : Windows Live Mail - Microsoft Download Center. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=56883de5-2024-4631-806e-757693072a1c&displaylang=en The version says : 14.0.8092.0805 Is that a new version ? Mine is 14.0.8089.0726, and I thought it was the current version. Thank you. t-4-2 My version is 14.0.8117.0416 -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "t-4-2" <t42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63DDA24B-BC83-4488-8D07-B062FA77C883@microsoft.com... >...

New domain suffix for Exchange 5.5
Hi everyone, We are changing our company name so I need to set up Exchange 5.5 to recieve email with our orignal domain suffix and the new one (user@oldname.com and user@newname.com). I've tried to add the new domain suffix to the IMS routing table, but the problem is that when I went to the IMS routing tab, I saw our current domain listed with the <inbound> for the routing, but the "Do not reroute incoming SMTP mail" radio button was selected. If that's the set up, what are my options? And for that matter, how is it that the current domain name is listed i...

Archive e-mail
How can I get a copy of all incoming and out going e- mails from a OWA user into a pubic folder? How about message Archiving, You turn it on per Mailbox Store /LasseP "Richard Bonn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b23201c43712$edcab3c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I get a copy of all incoming and out going e- > mails from a OWA user into a pubic folder? Isn't that Message Journaling? In addition, one now can do selective message journaling with http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.html Lars Pettersson wrote: > How about message Archivi...

New to Excel
Hey all, I'm sorta new to excel, and I was trying to create a drop down list box. So i made the cells with the data in them I want, and I put a background color on them., when I actualy create the drop down in the cell, I have the words appear, but not the color, can anyone tell me if there is a way to keep the cell formating. thanks -- klick_ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ klick_'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34714 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544798 The...

HELP! OWA stops responding, Inetinfo.exe seems to hang.
For the past few days I have been having a problem with an Exchange2k3 SP2 server. Sporadically I get these messages in my app event logs: Source: Application Error Category:(100) EventID:1000 Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module davex.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, fault address 0x0005dfcd. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Source W3SVC-WP Category:None EventID:2273 Worker process could not access metabase due to disconnection error. Marking process as unhealthy. For more information, see Help an...

Notify
Hi, my pc is running winxp & outlook 2003. Recently notify sound has no effect (no sound when mail received) even I enable this feature. Of course the speaker is on since other sound effect is alright. Furthermore the little notify envelope is only shown inside the hidden tool bar (at right bottom corner). So I do not know if I have new e-mail until open the inbox or expand the hidden tool bar. Thank you for assistance. Does the sound play from Control Panel-> Sounds and Audio Devices? For the envelope; set the Notification Area options to always show that icon. For more info...

Send mail to ISP
Is there away of telling exchange if the user does not exist internally send mail to isp. curious as to why the ISP? :) "Andrew Biggs" <andy@mcgsystems.co.uk> wrote in message news:30cb01c4ab85$408318f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away of telling exchange if the user does not > exist internally send mail to isp. creat a new recipinet policy other than the default one or the one you created. then in the properties you have to add ur smtp domain address as advancedautotrends.com then there is an option to uncheck "this exchange is resposiable for all mail deliv...

mail merge of 2 sided 4 up postcard using Access
I am trying to do a mail merge using an Access data base and I can only get one address block on each page instead of four. What am I doing wrong? Are you actually printing a test page or just looking at a Print Preview? If it's the latter, there is a known issue that you will only see one record when it actually prints all of the selected entries. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Barb" <Barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ACEEA90-6203-44DE-9AA8-B3A38EC0F8F5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to do a mail merge using an Access data bas...

office 2007 to a new computer
Hello, I had a problem with office student that was resolved last november. the result was an upgrade that I downloaded from a microsoft suport person. i need to buy another computer and i would like to install the same suite on the new computer...can that de done? the support person said the disks i'd purchsed were bad, so I don't want to use them on the new computer. marvin Did you save your download? If not you'll be calling support again. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." ...

Alphabetical list for Word Mail list
I have a large mailing list and would like to be able to click on the letter a on the keyboard and all the listing for A come up. I use the list for printing envelopes and currently have it set up in word. I suppose it might be possible to access your list via a vba userform - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a more in depth explanation, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm and particularly the page about populating list boxes http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm however, M...

No more new fonts can be applied to this workbook? Copying chart
I have this ongoing spreadsheet with many worksheets. I normally copy and paste a chart and simply change the source data. I keep getting this error when trying to paste that "no more new fonts can be applied to this workbook" and it won't paste. Is there anything I can do to fix this? This page explains how you can put off that error until you have many more charts: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html The problem is that a chart with autoscaling fonts uses twice the font resources on a chart with static font sizes. (Also I suspect the limitations a...

problem opening workbook in Joseph Rubin's new book
Just bought the Financial Statements e-book. When I unzip the file an try to open financial statements.xls the following happens: Book1.xls opens then, I'm asked whether I want to permit macros Whether I answer "yes" or "no", i get a Microsoft Visual basic erro msg: "file format no longer supported" I have Excel97, and Windows 98. Both products are current as t software patches and fixes. Help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't own this, but maybe you could get another copy of the workbook: http://www.exceltip.com/pl-fs_sampl...

new page please
Hi, I want to make a report displaying all children of our school per year To point out the year I use 3 fields: Year Class Section example: 1 observation A 1 observation B 2 logistics A 2 logistics B The way I get it now: All children are correctly displayed sorted by name, but, always 5 per page. I get page 1: 5 children form 1 observation A, header is 1 observation A page 2: 3 children form 1 observation A, 2 from 1 observation B, header is 1 observation A page 3: 5 children form 1 observation B, header is 1 observation B So, I need a new page when year cha...

unread mail folder #2
I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on her unread mail folder, the messages in it dissappear. Could you suggest a possible settings change for this user's profile? icecoolphil <icecoolphil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been > read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her > "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on...

2002 Journal won't track new items
how do you fix 2002 outlook not tracking items from 97 office: excel, word etc... ...

New personal finance resource website open
--_NextPart_00009770-0000220B-06B0ADAF-6696 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit New Personal Finance Resource Website Open www.your-personal-finances.com/ - Free articles and information on personal finance --_NextPart_00009770-0000220B-06B0ADAF-6696-- *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

New message has no File option on the menu
Hi I am using outlook 2002, when i go to create a new email i have no file option in the menu but all the other options are there (edit, view, insert, format, tools, action, help) I have removed outlook and reinstalled it. Does anyone know how i can get the option back? Thanks Word or Outlook as the e-mail editor? For Outlook Reset the Toolbar; all Toolbar customizations will be lost and the Toolbar will reset to what it looked like when you first installed Outlook. To do this locate outcmd.dat and rename it to outcmd.old when Outlook is closed. By default you can find it here; C:...