Not Enough Memory Error

Recently we've started to experience an error when we attempt to open a
Contact (E-mail List) within a mailbox. We are getting the following error:

"Can't open this item. There is not enough memory available on the Microsoft
Exchange Server computer to perform this operation."

Memory usage in the task manager on the machine is around 1.4GB, the machine
has 2GB of physical memory and is showing 500MB free.
Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Honestly, that sounds more like a client error than an Exchange error.  Are
there any corresponding errors in the event logs on the Exchange server
itself?  When you say a contact (e-mail list), do you mean a personal
distribution list?  How are you trying to open the contact?  From within
Outlook?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Admin" <no.spam@news.group.user> wrote in message
> Recently we've started to experience an error when we attempt to open a
> Contact (E-mail List) within a mailbox. We are getting the following
> error:
>
> "Can't open this item. There is not enough memory available on the
> Microsoft Exchange Server computer to perform this operation."
>
> Memory usage in the task manager on the machine is around 1.4GB, the
> machine has 2GB of physical memory and is showing 500MB free.
> Any assistance would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks!

0
Ben
5/16/2005 8:06:49 PM
Did you find a solution to this problem? We are getting the same error
message, however the distribution list is within a Public Folder. Same error
on any client pc but opens fine on the server

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Honestly, that sounds more like a client error than an Exchange error.  Are
> there any corresponding errors in the event logs on the Exchange server
> itself?  When you say a contact (e-mail list), do you mean a personal
> distribution list?  How are you trying to open the contact?  From within
> Outlook?
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Admin" <no.spam@news.group.user> wrote in message
> > Recently we've started to experience an error when we attempt to open a
> > Contact (E-mail List) within a mailbox. We are getting the following
> > error:
> >
> > "Can't open this item. There is not enough memory available on the
> > Microsoft Exchange Server computer to perform this operation."
> >
> > Memory usage in the task manager on the machine is around 1.4GB, the
> > machine has 2GB of physical memory and is showing 500MB free.
> > Any assistance would be appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks!

0
cj (142)
5/27/2005 2:03:07 PM
Anyone else get this error?  I've got the exact same error on an Exchange 5.5
account in the person's Contacts folder.

"cj-" wrote:

> Did you find a solution to this problem? We are getting the same error
> message, however the distribution list is within a Public Folder. Same error
> on any client pc but opens fine on the server
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Honestly, that sounds more like a client error than an Exchange error.  Are
> > there any corresponding errors in the event logs on the Exchange server
> > itself?  When you say a contact (e-mail list), do you mean a personal
> > distribution list?  How are you trying to open the contact?  From within
> > Outlook?
> >
> > --
> > Ben Winzenz
> > Exchange MVP
> > MessageOne
> >

> > "Admin" <no.spam@news.group.user> wrote in message
> > > Recently we've started to experience an error when we attempt to open a
> > > Contact (E-mail List) within a mailbox. We are getting the following
> > > error:
> > >
> > > "Can't open this item. There is not enough memory available on the
> > > Microsoft Exchange Server computer to perform this operation."
> > >
> > > Memory usage in the task manager on the machine is around 1.4GB, the
> > > machine has 2GB of physical memory and is showing 500MB free.
> > > Any assistance would be appreciated!
> > >
> > > Thanks!

0
Street1 (2)

addition error-excel bug???
In Excel2000, I ahve the follwing numbers I am trying to add: -30584.010000000000000 30585.600000000000000 1.590000000000150 why does adding these two amounts add a 150 on the right end. I am inputting to 2 decimals then formatting to add the zeros. My answer should be 1.590000000000000. Any ideas??? All floating point, base-10 numbers cannot be represented exactly when converting to base-2 binary format. You realize you can't represent the fraction 1/3 exactly in base-10. 1.59 must fall into this category -- can't be represented exactly in base-2. On Tue, ...

Money internal error when I download from bank
Help! was using M04, recently upgraded to M05. After new install was prompted to use MSN passport- realised afterwards I didnt want to. After reinstall and restore from backup, I am now finding that when I download from Royal Bank (Canada) there is an "internal error" and money restarts. It often does this 2 or 3 times on restart, and Ive lost the downlaod data from the bank- Im fed up with having to restart and type entries by hand. Have I a setting wrong somewhere? ...

Catching errors raised by a VB ActiveX dll
Can anyone advise how I can catch errors raised in a VB ActiveX dll (using Err.Raise) in a VC++ client application ? The dll in question is imported into the VC++ application with : #import "abcde.dll" no_namespace and the object is declared as _abcdePtr thisObj; and is initialised with (void)CoInitialize(NULL); thisObj.CreateInstance(__uuidof(abcde)); functions are called using thisObj->functionX(); functionX() may raise an error through the Err.Raise method, and I want to catch this in the VC++ code. Any help would be appreciated. Cliff Clif...

GP Client Error
After installing SQL 2005 SP-2, any new GP Client Installation is giving error that "The database version is different then the client version" Any Help Please? Thanks! Are you sure this was due to the installation of SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2? It sounds like your error stems from installing a newer version of a Dynamics GP Service pack that has not been applied to the client computer yet. Could you please confirm this is the case? -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "create_share" wrote:...

Why do I get an error when comparing two documents?
I am comparing 2 docx documents but an error keeps popping up with "Word cannot compare the documents" ...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, start Outlook again.
Microsoft Article Q172350 sort of helps me with my Delema... I have a Windows XP SP2 with Office 2003 SP1. The client is able to Print her own Calendar but when she tries to Print a Shared Calendar she has Access to and can Read, She gets the Error: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, start Outlook again. " I tried to do a Office repair and this did not help. I do not really want to put Office SP2 on machine as of yet... Any idea... thanks in advance... Michael Re: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If th...

The memory could not be read
After I open Excel and then attempt to open a document, I receive the error "The instruction at "0x302a4515" referenced memory at 0x02cb017f". The memory could not be "read". Thanks for your help! ...

Duplicate Detectin with Status error
I've altered two duplicate detection rules and include the contact stauscode into the detection pattern to only get active contacts as match. After this i start a detection job manually and this job never finishes. I've I take out the statecode everything works fine. Do you have any odea how to ahndle this error or how to run a duplicate detection job, excluding inactive records as matches without altering the rule. Best regards, Henrik ...

Enough. Where is the policy?
Okay, Who the heck is in charge on these groups? Someone totally hidden and entirely unaccountable..? What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how these groups are moderated..? Where is the FAQ..? (or FAQs..?) Yes, I've had it. I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get posted. So, you can contact me at: ==================================================== Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117 Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4 Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334 The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet: 66.207.21...

total memory available is only 3.3GB with 4GB physical memory under windows 7 64 bit 05-16-10
I had 4GB physical memoryon the PC. With Windows vista 32 bit, available memory is shown as 3.3GB. I asked on usenet and was told that only under 64 bit windows, will the available memory be 4GB. When I upgraded to windows 7, I chosed 64 bit (I did clean install of course), but the available memory shown in the system is still 3.3 GB. This is show in both task manager under performance->Physical memory->total, and 'property of My Computer'->Installed memory (4GB/3.3 GB usable) Why is this and is there a way to make the full 4GB available? It's possible th...

Unable to delete IMAP accounts
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) where I had 4 IMAP accounts configured. I wanted to change the location of the .pst file and I don't know what I did but now I ended up having 8 IMAP accounts. Each account has duplicated. The 4 IMAP accounts are working and I am able to send and receive emails. but when it won't let me delete the duplicate ones. When I go to Tools-->Options-->Mail Setup tab-->Data Files button, I get to see all the 8 accounts but when I click the Remove button to remove the duplicate ones, it gives me error "This data file is associated ...

ERROR on Navigation Bar 05-13-04
I'm still stuck with this problem. Could any one help?! I have tried some solutions to similar problems in the Techknowledge but didn't help! Thanks in advance... Mounim -------------------------------------------------------- Can't find it. Do you know how or where to find it? Thanks Mounim >-----Original Message----- >Solution available on Techknowledge. >>-----Original Message----- >>On one of my client PCs the navigation bar does not work >>correctly. After two or three clicks on the bar I got >the >>following error; yet the GoTo ...

Weird 529 Error
Ok...so I used to have this user setup on this SBS2003 server. The user is gone and removed from the Users on the server. His profile is deleted from the server, there are no services attached to his account, and no registry keys with his username in it. Now, everyday I get this error at the same time.... How can I find this user on the server and get rid of it???? Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529 Date: 6/24/2010 Time: 11:15:16 AM User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: SERVERNAME Description: Logon Failure: R...

error C3867 and error C2664 #2
Hello, When I am trying to use _beginthreadex in MFC I am getting these errors. Can anyone kindly help me regarding this. My code is as shown below bool CBlueFoxDlg::start(void) { if(!pDev) return false ; stopRequest=false; hThread=(HANDLE)_beginthreadex(0,0,&CBlueFoxDlg::CaptureThread, (LPVOID)this,0,&dwThreadID); running =true; return true; } unsigned int _stdcall CaptureThread(void* pData) { pThread=(Device*)pData; if(!pThread) return 1; unsigned int cnt=0; } I am getting error C3867 when I am writing the third parameter in _beginthreadex as CBlueFoxDlg::Capt...

Limit Memory Usage
Is there a way to limit the memory usage for the w3wp.exe process that is used by CRM? Right now, it's using up a lot of memory and I would prefer to limit it if it won't hurt performance. It seems to me like the IIS cache for the CRM website just grows this memory more and more throughout the day without "releasing" any memory. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Figured out that to do this you can go into the properties of the CRMAppPool inside of IIS Application Pools and set a "max...

Not enough memory?
I am trying to send a 172MB attachment, but get the message "Not enough memory"? I have 4 GB RAM installed, with a net of 2.87 GB available with nothing running and 735GB avilable on my hard drive. Why am I getting this message? Is there a size limitation in Windows Mail? -- McM I don't know of any server that would allow a 172MB message. Even if they did, you'd probably end up with a really teed-off recipient when they tried to download it. Use an upload site. Here are a couple, but you can Google for more. Upload large files. An alternative to e-mail....

reference memory errors when changing source data
reference memory errors when changing source data anyone know how to fix this issue?? >-----Original Message----- >reference memory errors when changing source data >anyone know how to fix this issue?? >. >Rename the 'field name' of the data that has changed. ie. 'Value' to 'Values' or 'Est.Hrs' to 'Est.HR' refresh the chart Re-drag the fields from the field list box to the chart. ...

Free memory of CWebBrowser.
I am loading a browser in my C++ application. I use CWebBrowser class embebed in CDialog class. Several instances are loaded from CDialog class. When I close any CDialog instance (with DestroyWindow) memory is not free in my application. I precise to free memory because it is critical in my system. Any suggestion will be appreciated. -- javi Are you using new to instantiate the CWebBrowser objects? Use delete to free them. AliR. "javi" <javi.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3C60C15B-68BC-4D02-A30E-CC0457019840@microsoft.com... >I am loading a browser in my C++...

Business Portal
Error: Cannot retrieve currency settings for this company. Try configuring your web site again. If the problem persists, contact your server administrator for assistance. Hi, If anybody know the solution for the below error ,please help. Regds, Jothi krishnan "Jay" wrote: > Error: Cannot retrieve currency settings for this company. Try configuring > your web site again. If the problem persists, contact your server > administrator for assistance. ...

store.exe memory usage
Hello all I am having some strange things happening on my exchange server and when looking at a few things in the task manager I noticed that the memory usage for the store.exe process is at about 600meg. I restarted the server and it's now at about 200meg. Does that look right? I am not an exchange guru so any help would be great. Also, can you point me to any sites that deal with exchange management. Thanks I only have about 300 mailboxes "Paul" <pauled@NOSPAM.iu08.org> wrote in message news:evMq%235tdHHA.4784@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello all > >...

Unable to open excel dictionary error
Hello, Our client is receiveing the following error when trying to login. "Unable to open dictionary c:/etc.../XL1878F.dic" They claim they have not made any system changes. It just started to occur. We have removed XL from the set file until we figure out the error. Does anyone have any ideas on this? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada It would appear that the file is corrupted. I would just reinstall the software or copy a Great Plains folder from a workstation that is working properly. "Doug" wrote: > Hello, > > Our client i...

RetrieveByPrincipal Error
I'm trying to modify the SDK example; CRMActivity.RetrieveByPrincipal Method to lookup activities by team not by user. securityPrincipal.Id = userAuth.UserId; is being changed to = a valid TeamId and securityPrincipal.Type = Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.SecurityPrincipalType.sptUser; is changed from .sptUser to .sptTeam; The following function crashes with a 80070057 error, "the parameter is incorrect". string strActivityXml = activity.RetrieveByPrincipal (userAuth, securityPrincipal, "", "", activityTypes, activityStates, strColumnSetXml); If I revert back to ...

Access 2003 error "There was an error executing the command."
Hello all, I have an issue where I had installed Office 2007 on my new Vista machine and due to the great new feature (NOT!) of Access 2007 caching linked tables when the db was opened, I had to "downgrade" to Access 2003. Every since I downgraded to Access 2003 one of my databases comes up with the "There was an error executing the command" comes up when I try to launch my report from the switchboard. This database works fine with a clean Access 2007 (even though it caches data and changes to sharpoint while the db is open are not reflected), and works just fine ...

not enough memory when sorting email
I continue to get an error message saying I don't have enough memory for my e-mail rules used for sorting my e- mail into their proper boxes. CAn you please increase it? Can it be solved? ...

not enough resources
Hi there Hope someone can help. I am running excel 2002, and just recently been getting messages when trying to save work. Its all ok for about an hour then it locks up when I try to save, when I have 2 or 3 workbooks open. It says not enough resources close some other running programs. I am not running any others at the time. after many trys it finally says disk full. I am running xp home, service pack 2. I have plenty of disk space about 10gb so that's not the problem. any help would be appreciated. Also when I now start up excel a blank workbook appears this never used to. Also when I o...